Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:56:29 PM EDT
Much like others on the page I'm very interested in the purchase of a .50 either the serbru or the ultra.
have any of you owned and whats you opion of these rifles? And of course the common question recoil of them? from the videos I've seen it looks more like a pushing and rolling recoil but looks can be deceiving.
My biggest area is recoil then accuracy not than i'm shooting bench comp but would be nice to hit stuff.
thanks
chris  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There's more recoil from the UltraMag or UltraLite upper conversions, but really not that much more than the Serbu.  My examples have the old style brakes on them too, so the new versions may be more effective now.

The 18-22" barrels are pretty good out to 500yds shooting off-hand, better with a bipod attached.
There's a 200-400 FPS loss in velocity for barrel lengths less than 29".

A good all around compromise is the Serbu Carbine.  Less recoil than the full sized version and portable to boot.

I have an example of each, and they all have their niche.

UltraMag-50 Range Report

UltraLite-50 Range Report

The Serbu Carbine at Lytle Creek:
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Bren,
thanks alot for all the info!!!!
I was looking at either the 18 or 22 barrels just for those reasons of portablity.
thanks
chris
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top