Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/10/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
I would like to hear about some long range results and the weapon system you are getting them with. I have a TRG 42 in 338 LM that I call "The Laser" since it can shoot way better  than I can hold...and  I hold pretty dam good.
My friend had a McBros 50 that he sold cause it just didn't shoot  that great no matter who was on the  trigger.

From what I've read I would think that the EDM is the most accurate 50 out there. But this is just what I've read. I don't have enough range time with various 50s to form my own opinion based on first hand experience.

If I had to pick a 50 today it would be the EDM.

So what kind of results are you guys getting at say 1500 and longer. My 338 LM  gets me to 1500 with 44 MOA of elevation shooting the 250 Scenars and is pretty dam accurate out there. Hell the target is only 17.5x29.5 so it’s roughly 1MOA x 2 MOA

Thanks for the info when I buy a 50  I only want to do it once

RayDog
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I got out to 2000yds with my AR30 in 338LM..Not very accurate. I needed 300grn and more MOA in my scope and base....But I did real good out to about 1600 or 1690 I forget. 58MOA on a NF NSX 5.5-24X56...NPR2 recticle. If I had a 20MOA base and some 300SMK's I know I would have hit steel out at 2000yds.

Look at Snipershide...Extreme long range shooting in PA and you will see the other guys I was with. It was last Summer so the thread might be way in the back. They were hitting out to 2000yds with 50's and 300RUM's. My AR10-300RSUM made it out to 1500 without a problem....I ran out of ammo so that was it and I also got real sick and didnt shoot very good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]

My friend had a McBros 50 that he sold cause it just didn't shoot that great no matter who was on the trigger.

Was your friend Zak Smith?  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My grizzly Big Boar with match chamber was silly accurate..1/2 moa to 600, 1moa to 1000. Shot with Summit Ammo surplus BLUE TIP (no joke). Summit did do a little tweaking to their loading process for me, but used surplus components. They are great guys and highly recommend for good 50BMG tweener rounds ('tween surplus and match quality)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Zak Smith..Why does that name sound familiar.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Zak Smith..Why does that name sound familiar.....

he is into tactical matches, 3 gun matches, he knows what he is talking about.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
stefbo- Zak is my friend but I didn't know he sold his McBros till a couple weeks ago when I askedhim about  it. I only shot his a couple times. I was talking about another guy that I used to shoot with before he moved to FL. I  put a good numberof rounds down range with his and wasn't very impressed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Zak is my friend but I didn't know he sold his McBros till a couple weeks ago when I askedhim about it. I only shot his a couple times. I was talking about another guy that I used to shoot with before he moved to FL.

No worries man, Zak was a wonderful seller to deal with and I have absolutly no reason to doubt the accuracy of the rifle.  Just got a little nervous when you started talking about the rifle you shot, then I noticed you live in CO.

I have not shot the one I bought from Zak yet (I work away from home), but I have no reason to doubt that the rifle being built by GAPrecision is more tehn accurate enough for me.  It truly is my dream .50 cal, and I got it for $3500 less then the Windrunner.

Good luck in yor search.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I  agree  that anything GAP touches will shoot. It's kinda funny that I have more trigger time on your rig  than you do. Get out there and change that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I would, but I work out of the country and did not get the chace to pick it up from my FFL (he is 300 miles away from my house) until 2 days before I needed to flyout.  I will be fixing that in a few weeks though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The ALS upper is winning 1000 yard B.R. matches.  I'm going to have to order one to get back in the 50 game here shortly.   For the price, I don't think ANYTHING will come close.

Never shot the EDM.  A friend had one.

I like shooting the AI AW50F (with can!) but cannot afford $12k for a rifle that I only shoot a few hundred rounds a year through.  Ergonomics and shootability are great.

I agree with the statement that anything GAP touches will shoot.   My GAP50 shot great with near max loads of H50BMG & the AMAX.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed stefbo.    

For me, 99% of the fun of shooting 50BMG is shooting the suplus incendiary, API, and tracer bullets, which aren't going to be that accurate anyway, especially when using pulldown powder.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I am a fan of the State Arms rebel. www.statearms.com I have shit 15inch truck rims at 1 mile with it and a NF 8x23x56 BR. I just shot a 1000 yard match using surplus ball and did better than a bunch of Windrunner shooters.

IMHO the State Arms "Rebel" is the best bang for the buck out there!

It comes with rings and base and a strong bipod, and a check rest, and a carry handle. Larry is a stand up guy too! Check them out if you are looking at a new .50BMG
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am a fan of the State Arms rebel. www.statearms.com I have shit 15inch truck rims at 1 mile with it and a NF 8x23x56 BR. I just shot a 1000 yard match using surplus ball and did better than a bunch of Windrunner shooters.

It comes with rings and base and a strong bipod, and a check rest, and a carry handle. Larry is a stand up guy too! Check them out if you are looking at a new .50BMG

That must have smarted some!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That must have smarted some!  

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top