Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:40:02 PM EDT
The local gun shop has a M99 fitted with a BSA 10 by 40 with 30mm to 1" tube adapters. They swear the rifle comes equiped this way from barrett. can a BSA (wich I have used on bb guns) hold up to a bolt action 50 BMG?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
this scope DOES NOT come with the barrett package. i doubt it would make it to the 5 rd mark before it implodes
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
i believe it comes with a 10 power bushnell 3200 mil dot thats what mine came with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i believe it comes with a 10 power bushnell 3200 mil dot thats what mine came with.

Correct, The M99A1 package comes with the Bushnell Elite 3200 10 X 40 and Barrett rings.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with a Luppy VIII Long Range  and a fluted barrel. I am told Not to many packages came that way..There are a couple of topics on it and a picture of mine in here. It also came with the 60 rounds Barrett ammo which I am waiting for. Otis Cleaning kit and a I guess Pelican case...

Someone else got a package but with a Burris Scope... I would not buy it with a BSA if told it is a package deal...Something is not right
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My screw up. somehow I got it wrong in my headh.gif.Just the same it seems strange to mount a 10 power scope on a rifle that out shoots it by so much. on the other hand not everyone can afford a $1700 night force scope after footing for a $3000 rifle. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
No you didn't get it wrong....

I would call Barrett and see what scopes they put on their package deals to sell.

This guy could have changed it and is trying to pull a fast one. I don't think the Luppy is even going to hold up on the 99. It's going to be taken off and put on a AR10 and a NightForce or a USO will go on the Barret.
Still your right that does not seem right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a BSA on my M99 as a temporary scope.  After five shots the focus started going in and out.  The reticle started turning and after about 20 shots you could see cracks in the internal lenses when they aligned to focus on the internals.  You could actually hear pieces of glass shaking around after I removed it.  You can get a nightforce for around 1300.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top