Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:06:19 PM EDT
Just resized some GI brass that was loaded by TTI Armory and those dudes crimped the damn primers.  Anyone know where I can get a primer pocket swager for the 50 at a decent price (less than $100)?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use your inside neck deburring tool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a piece of the brass to the local hardware store and get a reamer that's a little bigger then the primer pocket. You only need to take off a little bit of material to get rid of the offset primer crimp that they use.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try that again.  I was afraid of taking too much brass off the side opposite the crimp.  I also didn't want to force to primer and have it detonate in my face.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Rokchukrslave is correct, I just take a few twists with my deburring tool and primers pop in perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, maybe I need a tool!  I just snapped off the handle from my Lee Classic Press seating a primer.......lol.  I just got it for Xmas and on the third primer it broke.  At least I live in Milwaukee and Lee is a 25 min drive from where I live.  I seems that they used cast metal on the part that hold the handle to the press and that part shattered into 4 pieces.  You would think that they would have used milled steel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I went out to Lee with the old part.  Met Mr.Lee and he gave me two spares for free and assured me that the new ones would not break.  It looks like the old part was just bad metal.  Loaded 5 rounds without a problem!  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top