Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 9:58:22 PM EDT
What is the silver painted tipped LC 70's production ammo mean? Is the yugo stuff for 130.00 for 100rds any good? Talon good? I can get talon for 240.00 for 150 rds + tax ,80's production.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
AmmoMan has Talon for $185.00 delivered.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Silver tip is incendiary, should be labled as API or APIT (tracer).

I think Sportsman Guide had Yugo (Bosnian) for $99 for 100rds, just remember that it's slightly corrosive. Like GI said, check with Ammoman for some Talon $185 for 150rds.

Here's a couple to check.
www.ammoman.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.ammunitionstore.com

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, the Yugo stuff (1988) I bought from Midway has very hard primers - just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
the 1998 yugo stuff is awsome
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Silver tips are Armor Piercing Incendiary. The APIT is Red over Silver. Summit Ammo has API for $1 per round in a 150 round can a couple weeks ago plus delivery.

Yugo is good stuff for plinking. It is a little on the dirty side and a bit smokey. It is reported to be corrosive so a good cleaning is in order. Also it seems a little hotter than anything else I've fired. I think $1.30 per round is too much for Yugo.

The only problem I've ever had with Talon was a can of Incendiary Blue Tips that had the shoulder set back too far. My Armalite didn't like them but a friend's Serbu had no problem with them.

For some really nice ammo get ahold of Tim Tucker over at Biggerhammer. He doesn't have a website, but he makes some damn fine ammo for good prices.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I second Tim Tucker. I got 200 rounds of pretty accurate stuff. Very consistant.  My 82 loves it.  Does not like Talon.  You can also buy some of the SA stuff thats around. Its marked 12.7mm.  Non-corrosive and clean but not as accurate.  about $1-150 a round.  I dont shoot the Yugo stuff. I paid way too much to shoot corrosive ammo in a $7000 rifle. But if you clean it well afterward, you should have no problems.  Its just what I prefer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I understand your concern $7000 is a lot, I wouldnt shoot anything but match grade hand loads and competition bullets in a rigle like that. does that mean you are "abusing" it by shooting Talon ammo that had been reloaded from premium scrap? It not a flame just a relative question. Labeling yugo as corrosive when its corrosivity in testing is so mild that it doesnt even fit in the "standard" of corrosive ammo seems blunt doesnt it? As blunt as calling Talon ammo "scrap reloads". Both are true, but labeling them doesnt tell the whole story. I mean call a spade "a spade" but if someone asks give them the full dope. Not all of us shoot $7k rifles, mine is only a $2500 rifle but the only thing that is keeping from the range right now is that I ran out of ammo. $130 is too much for yugo for sure. $119 or less is ok, ammunition store has some I believe as well as lots other.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top