Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:17:15 PM EDT
...just back from Vegas and was wondering how the shoot went, inasmuch as it had to be crowded what with ARMUSA there too...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Prince50 posted the highlights on Biggerhammer, that train wreck in Commerce screwed me up and I ended up having to work!!! Then they turn around and did it again today (Mon.) but not as bad. Oh well, ya can't spell stUPid without U.P.!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on goin but it was raining hard at my house and I live about 45 mins away.It was very foggy too that morning so I decided to not go.I'm wondering if any die-hards went out there.I think it would have been a waste because the ground was wet and you cant really see the dirt fly up when you shoot at the targets.For me I think it would have been a waste of ammo that day.I guess you really didn't miss anything!For the people who payed good money at ARM USA I feel sorry for them!It would have been a shitty day to go out there I think!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They said there was just a little overcast, nothing bad. Talked to Don and Darin, they said it was a good day at the range.

You'd be suprised at how much dirt a .50 round will throw up, even when it's wet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Prince50 posted the highlights on Biggerhammer, that train wreck in Commerce screwed me up and I ended up having to work!!! Then they turn around and did it again today (Mon.) but not as bad. Oh well, ya can't spell stUPid without U.P.!!!

Coming soon to a neighborhood railyard near you: massive chemical spilling, innocent people killing, remote control Locomotive switching. 1/3 the speed and 10 times the danger. You must work for Uncle Pete too? :-) greetings from the cheyenne service unit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Yaa,who in the hell would let a train ghost ride for 45 minutes threw a bunch of cities like that.They interviewed some cops that saw a normal looking train with no engine just cruizing along at 60 mph with no one in sight.Lucky no one got hurt...I bet the conducter got fired twice for that one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
leave it to calif to try to ban a harmless gun like the 50 and yet allow the UPRR to crash poisonous tank cars into neighborhoods blindly using a remote control. I guess if we had the money taken from the firing of thousands of hard working railroaders to pay off the politicians to "see things our way" then we wouldnt have to worry about "bans"...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Tom, L.A.S.U. I work as a conductor on the L.A. Basin.

As far as the remotes go, we don't have them yet. I know three of the five guys that have been fired so far over the Commerce thing. I know that after all the investigations are done, two guys are going to be looking for a new job. The other three will probably get some kind of "level" and come back with pay.

Have you seen the Baghdad Bob spoof that someone did on the remotes? I'm sure it's all over the system by now. Funny how Uncle Pete likes to cover up all the accidents!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
he loves to cover them up unless he can pin them on you, but don't let his "toy" be the problem. I figure when I get forced to do RCO training this winter I will try to stack 'em up since you cant get in trouble if you are running RCO. Oh yeah the Bagdad bob picture made a short appearance and was taken down by a company man. I actually recommended this job to a guy I know. He grew up in a former soviet republic. I figure if he could survive communism then he is cut out to work for Uncle Pete...
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top