Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:41:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By peacemaker45:

That is correct. The SS will work on either and the SV will work only on the SV mount.
View Quote

It felt good so I went full send, shot great!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Had an enjoyable time this last weekend doing some scientific testing and plinking with the seventeens.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Redhead45:

Well shit! I wasn’t wanting to buy another suppressor especially for the SCAR but I might have to. I need 2 more .22 cans and an RC2. Shit is tempting and I might pull the trigger on it too..

I currently am using a 300SPS on mine and it’s good but maybe I need to try the mk13
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
So AAC said that it can be used but need the shoulder ring. Ok makes sense. I asked about over pressure. Still haven’t heard yet

I started a thread in the suppressor section and got the answers I was looking for.

Originally Posted By Atlmike:
The Mk-13’s are very robust. They were designed for bolt gun use, so back pressure was never a design consideration. They rarely, if ever, came back for repair.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1.0 1997-2018

Originally Posted By Atlmike:
If you can get the gun gassed right, it should make an excellent precision rifle can. The baffles are pretty thick, but try to abide by the general rules of Ti and let it cool down in between “vigorous” strings of fire.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1.0 1998-2018

I think it’s FO time.

Well shit! I wasn’t wanting to buy another suppressor especially for the SCAR but I might have to. I need 2 more .22 cans and an RC2. Shit is tempting and I might pull the trigger on it too..

I currently am using a 300SPS on mine and it’s good but maybe I need to try the mk13

300SPS is what I had pretty much decided on until running across the AAC. I’m sure I’ll still get one eventually but the Mk13 was too good of a deal to pass up. Hopefully I’ll be able to answer the question of it working on the scar or not around Christmas.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]

300SPS is what I had pretty much decided on until running across the AAC. I’m sure I’ll still get one eventually but the Mk13 was too good of a deal to pass up. Hopefully I’ll be able to answer the question of it working on the scar or not around Christmas.
View Quote

Interested to hear how the Mk13 works out. I’ve ran my 20 with 4 different suppressors, Ops Inc. 12th Model, Saker 762 ASR, RC2 and 300SPS. The RC2 is the only one that was easy to jet properly so it will function reliably suppressed and unsuppressed.

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By michealj:

Interested to hear how the Mk13 works out. I’ve ran my 20 with 4 different suppressors, Ops Inc. 12th Model, Saker 762 ASR, RC2 and 300SPS. The RC2 is the only one that was easy to jet properly so it will function reliably suppressed and unsuppressed.

View Quote

Been using a RC2 on my 17s with a 16in barrel.  While still using the factory jet, I started using a 3 Position Scarburator, and it has been excellent. So far the mid setting has been excellent for suppressed use.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#6]
Hello all. I'm new to the SCAR17, but not to cloning.  Where should I be keeping an eye for the AAC hider. I've searched all the usual locations. Are the MK17 lower frames available anywhere as well?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:48:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#7]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Hello all. I'm new to the SCAR17, but not to cloning.  Where should I be keeping an eye for the AAC hider. I've searched all the usual locations. Are the MK17 lower frames available anywhere as well?
View Quote

I've seen a few of the correct ones pop up on the EE from time to time and is where I have gotten mine. As far as mk17 lower I'm not sure anymore as I'm also in need of one. They use to be sold through Midwest Gun Works but not anymore.

pic thread:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerditionAR] [#8]
Need some advice:   I've got a reciprocating 17S in FDE (FN South Carolina) still new in the box that I picked up right before the NRCH models were announced.  Life kind of got in the way and now I'm finally getting around to doing something with it and am considering a Mk17 clone build.  However, part of me wishes it was a Belgian made model to be more "clone correct".   Would you sell it and try to find an unused/lightly used Belgian model OR would you just proceed with the project with a US made rifle?  I'm really torn on this one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PerditionAR:
Need some advice:   I've got a reciprocating 17S in FDE (FN South Carolina) still new in the box that I picked up right before the NRCH models were announced.  Life kind of got in the way and now I'm finally getting around to doing something with it and am considering a Mk17 clone build.  However, part of me wishes it was a Belgian made model to be more "clone correct".   Would you sell it and try to find an unused/lightly used Belgian model OR would you just proceed with the project with a US made rifle?  I'm really torn on this one.
View Quote

I would sell it for a Belgian, but that’s me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Heading out to have some fun on the farm.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
This has been coming together. Still looking for an 18t and 3-pos marked grip frame.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
This has been coming together. Still looking for an 18t and 3-pos marked grip frame.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q70/924/H8W8Z3.jpg
View Quote

Looking good! Could grab a CLW tag to cover up that import mark as a cheap and easy next step!

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#13]
Originally Posted By PerfectTurn:

Looking good! Could grab a CLW tag to cover up that import mark as a cheap and easy next step!

View Quote

Thank you.

That's actually already in the mail, along with a few small items.

[Edit 5/8 to add photo.]
Getting closer. Absolutely cannot find the 18t miter, tan MRDS, or auto-grip module. My grip and sling may also be incorrect, but neither is too wildly off. Operator tool kit arrives today.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I made some personal accomplishments earlier this week. The farthest I’ve ever shot with this was 300m. My 17 I have gone out to 625yd. Well I took this turd and pushed it to 900m and farther. Didn’t have a spotting scope but at 1600m my buddy heard it.

https://imgur.com/a/z7btbpv
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Ukraine
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I made some personal accomplishments earlier this week. The farthest I’ve ever shot with this was 300m. My 17 I have gone out to 625yd. Well I took this turd and pushed it to 900m and farther. Didn’t have a spotting scope but at 1600m my buddy heard it.

View Quote

1600 is bonkers. Very impressive. What size gong?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Silhouette. I had 0mph wind that day. Hit it a couple times I think. Obviously it was little tricky. Pretty much almost off the scope and I had heat mirage from the suppressor. Smacked the 1k (giant ass rectangle sheet) and the 1200m multiple times too
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#18]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I think eventually I would like to go back to the su279 with an ECP flash hider. Feel like it would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Force Recon, which is the first I've seen with scars.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#22]
Updates:
Added 18t
Tan L3 MRDS, tan w/hood
Swap to a no-pin magwell
Black stock latch button

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Updates:
Added 18t
Tan L3 MRDS, tan w/hood
Swap to a no-pin magwell
Black stock latch button

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q70/923/J6z8tX.jpg
View Quote
Looks awesome! I wish mk17 lowers were still available.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#25]
You're looks like it has more of a matte finish then mine
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#26]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
You're looks like it has more of a matte finish then mine
View Quote

That's because all the original ones were not blasted and only type 2 coated.  I had mine blasted and type 3 hardcoated.  I ended up buying two of them and having them both done.  Probably going to sell the second one.

It was terrible before I refinished mine lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone got a PWS SRX laying around, or know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh, that's a dirty girl!
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#30]
10th sfg
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]

I think he forgot something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

That or it’s sitting on the bottom of the lake/ocean
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

No point in being High Speed without the Low Drag.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone looking for a new TYR SCAR bag?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#35]
From Bruiser Industries:

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I got a leupold mk6 34mm mount if anyone is interested. Like new
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Love it!
View All Quotes

Love it!
Hate it!
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#40]
Hate it!
View All Quotes

Love it!
Hate it!

Link Posted: 10/24/2023 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Hate it!
View All Quotes

Love it!
Hate it!

I like it but the barrel needs to be shorter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Now I want a 5.56 conversion kit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Super nerdy and kinda off topic but;

When using Dvids, you can determine alot from the alphanumeric string attached to it.

This photo is; 230607-N-IC246-3017
First 6 digits are date
Letter is service branch
Five letter/# combo is Vision ID (individual DOD photographer ID #)
Last 4 digits are two fold; 1st number is which news story of the day it is and the last 3 are which sequential photo number that particular one is.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: plaidium] [#46]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:
From Bruiser Industries:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53173512560_2bc2e5768b_b.jpg
View Quote

This photo is a lot more interesting than I initially thought. It's actually a MK17 with a MK20 SSR lower/trigger module. First I've seen of that, but I'd guess it'd be pretty common. You can tell from the trigger that it's the SSR lower. At first glance, I just thought it was a 17 with a 20 grip. It'd be cool to get the actual MK20 trigger. Wonder why FN has never offered it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By plaidium:

This photo is a lot more interesting than I initially thought. It's actually a MK17 with a MK20 SSR lower/trigger module. First I've seen of that, but I'd guess it'd be pretty common. You can tell from the trigger that it's the SSR lower. At first glance, I just thought it was a 17 with a 20 grip. It'd be cool to get the actual MK20 trigger. Wonder why FN has never offered it.
View Quote

I’ve always wondered the story on the MK20 triggers. My first 20S was one of the first 500 commercial rifles that were sold but it had this trigger that was NSN marked which I hadn’t seen before. I ended up buying a slightly more modern 20S to get away from the gold anodizing and kept this trigger for my current setup. Geissele said that the NSN marked trigger was an overrun of triggers supplied to .mil but I never put much weight in that customer service reps thoughts. Anyway, I’m still clueless, but here’s the trigger I have in my setup today that I mention above that came from a PR10xxx rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:35:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: plaidium] [#48]

I’ve always wondered the story on the MK20 triggers. My first 20S was one of the first 500 commercial rifles that were sold but it had this trigger that was NSN marked which I hadn’t seen before. I ended up buying a slightly more modern 20S to get away from the gold anodizing and kept this trigger for my current setup. Geissele said that the NSN marked trigger was an overrun of triggers supplied to .mil but I never put much weight in that customer service reps thoughts. Anyway, I’m still clueless, but here’s the trigger I have in my setup today that I mention above that came from a PR10xxx rifle.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277783/IMG_4590_jpeg-3015317.JPG
View Quote

Interesting. I’ve never seen this before. Thanks for sharing.

And maybe I’m just being dumb, but I guess they didn’t put in the trigger for 922-R compliance?

I’ve seen pictures of the actual FN trigger. It’s a drop in with a housing unlike the FN factory H/17 and Geissele trigger.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]

And maybe I’m just being dumb, but I guess they didn’t put in the trigger for 922-R compliance?

I’ve seen pictures of the actual FN trigger. It’s a drop in with a housing unlike the FN factory H/17 and Geissele trigger.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277783/IMG_4590_jpeg-3015317.JPG

I think the SSR came with two triggers, one single and one double stage.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#50]

I think the SSR came with two triggers, one single and one double stage.
View Quote

Yes, that was my understanding as well. The one I saw was the SS, marked with a 1.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top