Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Kygunco.com has fde 17s in stock. Decent price too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Assuming KYgunco fullfills my purchase... I owe you a beer if you’re ever in Ohio! I can’t believe they had the 17S at that price.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Assuming KYgunco fullfills my purchase... I owe you a beer if you’re ever in Ohio! I can’t believe they had the 17S at that price.
View Quote
The "LE" models?  They will probably ask you to fax a dept letterhead
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The "LE" models?  They will probably ask you to fax a dept letterhead
View Quote
Hmmm. It did have LE in the description, but there were zero disclaimers about additional requirements for purchase. Fingers crossed. So is the non “LE” version what they refer to as the 10 rd model? That’s the only other version I see on their website.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Found a new FDE 17 online for $2950, so I went for it. Never thought I would be excited to pay that price for a rifle.
Beats paying $4k+ on gunbroker.
View Quote
Which makes me want to punch myself in the face for passing on not one but TWO that went for $2500 on gunbroker about 6-7 months ago because I thought "Naw, Trump won, those suckers are going lower".
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have any actual sales data regarding scar's, both the 16 and the 17?

I don't fault anyone for spending what they do on the guns but personally FN priced me out of the market.  I cannot justify spending almost three grand on a .223/5.56 platform.  To me, that's absurd.

The .308 guns are a little easier to stomach but their price in my mind is still astonishingly high.

I really wonder how may of these rifles FN could sell if they would reduce the price.  Personally, I think there is a pipeline issue so they've decided to maximize profits via limited production versus mass quantity.

I could be completely wrong though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, seems we had a batch come in but they're still up there in price.

Thinking I might forget the SCAR and go for the M14 second on the list of "to get" guns. I can only justify the SCAR if it comes down around $2500 again, and I don't see that happening soon, if ever.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Living in NY reading this... Free state problems
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hmmm. It did have LE in the description, but there were zero disclaimers about additional requirements for purchase. Fingers crossed. So is the non “LE” version what they refer to as the 10 rd model? That’s the only other version I see on their website.
View Quote
I ordered one also, called today to make sure my order was good, and they said it is the law enforcement model and they had to cancel my order
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
if i could find one online right now i'd buy it, but alas all OOS
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
KYGUNCO LE guns....

Do they need just creds for private purchase or Dept Letterhead as if purchasing via dept. funds?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I requested a quote (and it's a good one) and will see what they require. Normally, it's a copy of credentials.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I ordered one also, called today to make sure my order was good, and they said it is the law enforcement model and they had to cancel my order
View Quote
Bummer yea I kinda figured that's what happened

Gunbroker as of the last week most New FDE 17s have been bringing $3950-$4400 give or take a little
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
What was the price?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What was the price?
View Quote
Appears that they were LE only models
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Appears that they were LE only models
View Quote
$2,827
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$2,827
View Quote
I think a lot of people fail to realize FN bumped the prices of SCARs up ..... MSRP is now $3499 for the 17s and $3299 for the 16s

New MIL/LEO Pricing:
16s = $2600
17s = $2800
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think a lot of people fail to realize FN bumped the prices of SCARs up ..... MSRP is now $3499 for the 17s and $3299 for the 16s

New MIL/LEO Pricing:
16s = $2600
17s = $2800
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$2,827

New MIL/LEO Pricing:
16s = $2600
17s = $2800
Wasn't the old mil/leo pricing around 2400 or so? Before the MSRP blasphemy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe so. I heard they bumped them up roughly $500 each
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was around $2500 I believe for the 17s and 2300 for the 16s .... About 2 years ago roughly it was less than that .... FN keeps raising the price
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was around $2500 I believe for the 17s and 2300 for the 16s .... About 2 years ago roughly it was less than that .... FN keeps raising the price
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, if they can get it, more power to them.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a chance to get a 17 at 3k otd. Really thinking hard about it. Wanted a 16 but I do love the 17. Its just that ammo price gets me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I hope they will become available again soon, and the price will not exceed $3k.  I would like another 17, or an MK20 if they will ever release the civilian version.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a chance to get a 17 at 3k otd. Really thinking hard about it. Wanted a 16 but I do love the 17. Its just that ammo price gets me.
View Quote
I purchased, at MIL/LEO pricing, 2 years ago at $2,750 new/shipped. $3k is a decent price given current market constraints. That said, if you can't afford to feed a .308 MBR with decent ammo you may not want to dip your toes into that world. If you're a casual shooter and looking for a fine weapon, and probably decent investment, the 17S is a good weapon to own.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I purchased, at MIL/LEO pricing, 2 years ago at $2,750 new/shipped. $3k is a decent price given current market constraints. That said, if you can't afford to feed a .308 MBR with decent ammo you may not want to dip your toes into that world. If you're a casual shooter and looking for a fine weapon, and probably decent investment, the 17S is a good weapon to own.
View Quote
What do you consider decent ammo? You talking jumping all the way up to FGMM?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, as a baseline, although others have proven factory loads of different bullet weight/manufacture have performed well. Each rifle is unique even in these times and your own testing will reveal what the rifle likes to consume. If you intend to feed the weapon surplus German NATO or Wolf .308 your accuracy results will be directly tied to the ammunition used. The factory triggers on these rifles are substandard in comparison to what others offer in this price range. Plan on spending $200-$300 for a match trigger or deal with the 7-10lb lawyer trigger FN provides. Unfortunate situation for a rifle in this price range but its reality. Again, if informal shooting is all the weapon will be pressed into service for, or banging a 12" gong at range, just about any ammo will do. Any serious accuracy requirements and or hunting at range will require the proper trigger/ammo combo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
My local shop had a brand new black SCAR 17 for $2650 that I bought several weeks ago. So, there are still deals out there. Just harder and harder to find.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My local shop had a brand new black SCAR 17 for $2650 that I bought several weeks ago. So, there are still deals out there. Just harder and harder to find.
View Quote
The issue I see is that once all of these rifles that were sold at the old MSRP from FN are gobbled up we will see higher prices across the board
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The issue I see is that once all of these rifles that were sold at the old MSRP from FN are gobbled up we will see higher prices across the board
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you. Prices will be up all over. Was just stating that some local dealers still have stock st reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, as a baseline, although others have proven factory loads of different bullet weight/manufacture have performed well. Each rifle is unique even in these times and your own testing will reveal what the rifle likes to consume. If you intend to feed the weapon surplus German NATO or Wolf .308 your accuracy results will be directly tied to the ammunition used. The factory triggers on these rifles are substandard in comparison to what others offer in this price range. Plan on spending $200-$300 for a match trigger or deal with the 7-10lb lawyer trigger FN provides. Unfortunate situation for a rifle in this price range but its reality. Again, if informal shooting is all the weapon will be pressed into service for, or banging a 12" gong at range, just about any ammo will do. Any serious accuracy requirements and or hunting at range will require the proper trigger/ammo combo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on these. Mine happens to like the longer light all copper rounds (Hunting). Barnes 130gr TTSX & Federal 150gr Copper Trophy both produce great accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The SCAR 17 is in a very special place right now. Unfortunately not that take your pick of black or fde for 2450-2500 special place it was not to long ago. As mentioned above MSRP bump with no feature or operation upgrades, rise in material cost, small batch manufacturing, import processing, and product life cycle make the 17 scarce and shrinks it’s market share.

The SCAR 16 though besides all of the above, we all know is a 5.56 gun. Demand for the 16's in my experience was not quite on par with the 17. In my opinion the new incoming shipment, assuming new pricing, will exceed that of the 16's value. Of course there will be somewhat of a demand but I believe it will be even lower than previous price points.

On the plus side there are windows were opportunity occurs. The luxury/vanity purchase aspect of the SCAR, 17 for example, plus the cost of shooting 308 yields SCAR’s that sit then eventually get sold at a discount. Right now though due to being on the latter end of between shipments and an MSRP hike, you have the usual sales of used low round count SCAR’s but at inflated prices typically with upgrades which were touched on above. There are also sales trying to take advantage of the unique scarcity/MSRP increase on those who do not wish to wait (opportunity cost).

If I wanted a SCAR at this point I would wait for the next shipment. The relative prices will drop, the new supply and demand model will adjust, there will be more used rifles in the EE, Gunbroker, etc which will stir competition and those will drop accordingly. I have mainly watched 17 pricing as I have noted a couple times already in the thread but given the 16 topic on hand I am eyeing a used and new 16 to see what they go for in the current market. Auction watching is a good tool but there are variables to consider,  which can skew the near real demand and of course the more sample points the better the conclusion.

I think a used stock 16 in near new condition and low round count would sale in a week at $2250, same day at $2000. As for new stock 16's regardless of color I just do not see the market paying $3000 a pop, more or less even $2800, sans luxury/vanity purchases.

eta: spell check
View Quote
Following up on this the below was a 14-day auction that started at $199.99 and sold for $2325. There is a NIB 16 I am watching with three days left at $2225 currently and would be surprised if it goes for over $2550

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Following up on this the below was a 14-day auction that started at $199.99 and sold for $2325. There is a NIB 16 I am watching with three days left at $2225 currently and would be surprised if it goes for over $2550

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380554/used16scar-505047.JPG
View Quote
Seems the FDE are the ones that people are really after .... The FDE is kind of iconic

But really the FDE do seem to bring quite a bit more
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's pretty amazing to me that the sales price difference between the 16 and the 17 is so huge.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's pretty amazing to me that the sales price difference between the 16 and the 17 is so huge.
View Quote
SCAR 17 is really the game changer due to its lightweight + recoil management. The 16 is nice, but really isn't as big of a game changer than the 17. The 17 is the one to have if only one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

SCAR 17 is really the game changer due to its lightweight + recoil management. The 16 is nice, but really isn't as big of a game changer than the 17. The 17 is the one to have if only one.
View Quote
The 16 shines as an SBR .... Really is awesome with the 10" barrel

I prefer it over the MK18 and KAC CQB
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’d assume you mean with a suppressor attached to the 10”? Us IL folks don’t do well with short barrels since the concussion is so damn bad (suppressors are illegal in this lovely state)
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
What do you prefer over the KAC?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prefers a 10" SCAR 16 over the KAC CQB.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
The rifle just shoots and handles like a dream as an SBR

You can fine tune the gas system with gas jets to optimize use with a suppressor .... The system runs cleaner and has less gas over the KAC

The SR15 is my favorite 16" carbine
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Well it looks like another batch has arrived in the states. Gunbroker went from having 2-3 for sale back up to 15-20. Of course the average asking price is now $3800-$4500.

Another interesting tid bit. Since FN has officially changed their American division name from "FNH USA" to "FN AMERICA" it appears they have changed the markings on the receiver just behind the two barrel screws. It no longer says FNH USA, but FN Columbia SC. And the font size on the FN is about 3 levels bigger then FNH USA was.

Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#41]
There's a new FDE 16 at my LGS for $2500 if anyone is interested! I'd have a hard time paying that even though it's not bad with current pricing/climate, I luckily snagged my FDE 16 new for $1900 a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have both and I can't agree with this. Obviously everyone's preferences are different, but my go to in the SBR options is my Mod 1 CQB with the QDC CQB can. It's lighter, has smaller/more compact ergos, and there's no noticeable difference in gas to the face. I love the Scar as well, but its forward weight and high rail just aren't as conducive to ease of manipulation as the SR-15, it does run cleaner, but that's a given with the piston. That said, I'd never give up either one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
if i could find one online right now i'd buy it, but alas all OOS
View Quote

Couple in the EE
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have both and I can't agree with this. Obviously everyone's preferences are different, but my go to in the SBR options is my Mod 1 CQB with the QDC CQB can. It's lighter, has smaller/more compact ergos, and there's no noticeable difference in gas to the face. I love the Scar as well, but its forward weight and high rail just aren't as conducive to ease of manipulation as the SR-15, it does run cleaner, but that's a given with the piston. That said, I'd never give up either one.
View Quote
For sure I don't plan on selling my CQB as its sweet but my Scar always gets picked before the CQB .... Just my preference and to me its a pretty big difference in gas but maybe its just my setup with the jets

Plus its nice knowing that the SCAR is the most problem free platform henderson defense has in their inventory
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using a KAC can on a KAC rifle is critical to have outstanding performance due to their proprietary gas systems. I have understood the surefires are on par as well if used but other cans can cause issues due to over pressure. I myself experienced this using a Recce 5, the increase cyclic rate was causing feeding issues. Band-aids included using only Gen3 pmags, H3 buffer and Gemtech adjustable bolt carrier.

I can see where one would prefer the SCAR 16 sbr as gas tuning with ease and the piston system are more user friendly. Still my 14.5” SR15 is a dream to shoot but putting another can on it has been on hold due to my above experience taking away the smooth function.  But I agree keep/get both.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Using a KAC can on a KAC rifle is critical to have outstanding performance due to their proprietary gas systems. I have understood the surefires are on par as well if used but other cans can cause issues due to over pressure. I myself experienced this using a Recce 5, the increase cyclic rate was causing feeding issues. Band-aids included using only Gen3 pmags, H3 buffer and Gemtech adjustable bolt carrier.

I can see where one would prefer the SCAR 16 sbr as gas tuning with ease and the piston system are more user friendly. Still my 14.5” SR15 is a dream to shoot but putting another can on it has been on hold due to my above experience taking away the smooth function.  But I agree keep/get both.
View Quote
I totally understand how this would be the case on a 16" or 14.5" KAC rifle, but it was my understanding that the CQB had a standard carbine length gas system. If so, I wouldn't think the use of a suppressor would alter things that much. Anyone use a non-KAC can on a CQB?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SCAR 17 is in a very special place right now. Unfortunately not that take your pick of black or fde for 2450-2500 special place it was not to long ago. As mentioned above MSRP bump with no feature or operation upgrades, rise in material cost, small batch manufacturing, import processing, and product life cycle make the 17 scarce and shrinks it’s market share.

The SCAR 16 though besides all of the above, we all know is a 5.56 gun. Demand for the 16's in my experience was not quite on par with the 17. In my opinion the new incoming shipment, assuming new pricing, will exceed that of the 16's value. Of course there will be somewhat of a demand but I believe it will be even lower than previous price points.

On the plus side there are windows were opportunity occurs. The luxury/vanity purchase aspect of the SCAR, 17 for example, plus the cost of shooting 308 yields SCAR’s that sit then eventually get sold at a discount. Right now though due to being on the latter end of between shipments and an MSRP hike, you have the usual sales of used low round count SCAR’s but at inflated prices typically with upgrades which were touched on above. There are also sales trying to take advantage of the unique scarcity/MSRP increase on those who do not wish to wait (opportunity cost).

If I wanted a SCAR at this point I would wait for the next shipment. The relative prices will drop, the new supply and demand model will adjust, there will be more used rifles in the EE, Gunbroker, etc which will stir competition and those will drop accordingly. I have mainly watched 17 pricing as I have noted a couple times already in the thread but given the 16 topic on hand I am eyeing a used and new 16 to see what they go for in the current market. Auction watching is a good tool but there are variables to consider,  which can skew the near real demand and of course the more sample points the better the conclusion.

I think a used stock 16 in near new condition and low round count would sale in a week at $2250, same day at $2000. As for new stock 16's regardless of color I just do not see the market paying $3000 a pop, more or less even $2800, sans luxury/vanity purchases.

eta: spell check

Final update on this line of post....

NIB Black SCAR 16 $2555.00
Attachment Attached File

SCAR 17 NIB FDE $3999.00 ...Someone did a "Buy It Now" while it was at $3250.00 with a few hours left. It was a fresh new user so who knows if it was a mistake or something else.
Attachment Attached File

SCAR 17 NIB FDE $3450.00 | Likely a more accurate SCAR 17 current market fetch
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Final update on this line of post....

NIB Black SCAR 16 $2555.00
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380554/456ure-509438.JPG

SCAR 17 NIB FDE $3999.00 ...Someone did a "Buy It Now" while it was at $3250.00 with a few hours left. It was a fresh new user so who knows if it was a mistake or something else.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380554/564745-509440.JPG

SCAR 17 NIB FDE $3450.00 | Likely a more accurate SCAR 17 current market fetch
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380554/34r5typture-509442.JPG
View Quote
Yup, another FDE 17S sold last night for $3,600.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#49]
There are currently 2 FDE SCAR 16s in the EE for a decent price.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There are currently 2 FDE SCAR 16s in the EE for a decent price.
View Quote
Only 1 is priced fair/"cheap"

The other one has no barrel for $2150
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top