User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sumbitch. Nice find!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Let us know if that fixed it, I hope it does the trick!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you check the ejector?

I have witnessed a broken ejector cause the spent shell aid in stripping a second round from a mag.

Also check the mag catch. It may be bent or deformed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
guess they are printing money at that shop...  every other gun they sell at those prices would be on backpage the next day for double the price around here...
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
That gunsmith is in shootsmart right? I love that range and the people who work there. They also have great training courses too, great score on that Scar I wish I would’ve seen that!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd send the barrel assembly to PMM, Jarod, and have him pull and replace the gas jet with one of his. He's quick and does good work at reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Great deal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Any update
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump. Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Great deal!

My buddy got his 17 for $1500.... had about 100-200 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how much money the range made on the rental fees while they had it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
In for the updates on getting it running.

Did the gunshop have any idea how many rounds were put through it?
IMHO it shouldn't matter with a battle rifle, but it's a civilian version so...

Awesome price though. Hope it works out in the end.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, just how "many" rounds put through it? As a rental the old phrase "rode hard and put up wet" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So. Picked up the Scar. Go to range to function check. Double feed. Every. Single. Round. WHAT THE FUCK?!?

I'm beyond pissed.
View Quote
OK, that explains the low price.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, just how "many" rounds put through it? As a rental the old phrase "rode hard and put up wet" comes to mind.
View Quote
Even if it's been 75,000rds that's still a deal in my book. A new barrel and you'd have a gun for $1900, still good.

The guy from Battlefield Vegas, I think his name is "HendersonDefense," reports the SCARs they have are running fine at over 100,000.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Even if it's been 75,000rds that's still a deal in my book. A new barrel and you'd have a gun for $1900, still good.
The guy from Battlefield Vegas, I think his name is "HendersonDefense," reports the SCARs they have are running fine at over 100,000.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not much of a "battle rifle" if it can't survive shooting in an indoor range.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell that to all the other rifles that started to breakdown after 30,000 - 40,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
100,000 rounds of full auto fire. I'd call that impressive.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow.
You'd be crazy to pass it up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Get it up and running yet?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That was a great find and purchase!  Congratulations!
View Quote
bingo!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Production serial number 7  for MK17 (that's not the actual serial number, but it's the number 7 production gun based on how the serial progression is set up) is still in use as a demo gun as least for the time being. I would be shocked if that receiver doesnt have 200k plus through it.

OP when you say double feed can you be more specific? Is it when you go to load the first round or after you fire the first shot. Can you take a couple pics of the lower off the gun and the bolt face? Also the feed ramps/barrel extention and the interior of the receiver? 9 times out of 10 actual double feeds are a mag issue. Even if the bolt is short cycling or alternatively unlocking early from being overgassed the lug on the bolt shouldnt pick up another round. Bolt damage could be a possibility though unlikely unless that had a kaboom. Inspect the barrel and barrel extension along with the bolt for signs of an overpressure event.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I have this policy of I buy ANY gun that is under $200 as long as I don't have it already, without hesitation. I have a feeling i'd be in big trouble at this place....
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yep, you read that right. $900 for an FDE Scar 16s. I went to my gunsmith today to have a few parts fitted and installed in one of my 1911s. He is attached to an indoor range and they sell the range rental guns for next to nothing. Example: FN 5.7 for $850, USP compacts for $500, Glocks for $250, etc. you gotta get there at the right time but there are some gems to be found. Like the one I found today.

So I'm waiting for him to finish talking to a customer and see the unmistakable Ugg boot at the bottom of the case on my right. Curious of course I ventured a look and thought it was a typo. $900. I looked several times away and back to make sure I wasn't missing a "1". Nope. No 1.

So being a range rental, it's had some rounds on it. Surprisingly the internals look great but it needs a good cleaning. Certainly no safe queen but somehow no dings, scrapes or gouges. I put half down and pick it up on payday next Friday. I've already blown my gun fund for this whole year but I don't care. I told my wife she could make me sleep on the couch for a month. Hell, in the backyard. You don't pass on a $900 Scar.

If someone will tell me how to post pics from imagur I'll post proof.
View Quote
@GuynamedDave, you have left us hanging. Can you give us an update? How did this play out?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@GuynamedDave, you have left us hanging. Can you give us an update? How did this play out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, you read that right. $900 for an FDE Scar 16s. I went to my gunsmith today to have a few parts fitted and installed in one of my 1911s. He is attached to an indoor range and they sell the range rental guns for next to nothing. Example: FN 5.7 for $850, USP compacts for $500, Glocks for $250, etc. you gotta get there at the right time but there are some gems to be found. Like the one I found today.

So I'm waiting for him to finish talking to a customer and see the unmistakable Ugg boot at the bottom of the case on my right. Curious of course I ventured a look and thought it was a typo. $900. I looked several times away and back to make sure I wasn't missing a "1". Nope. No 1.

So being a range rental, it's had some rounds on it. Surprisingly the internals look great but it needs a good cleaning. Certainly no safe queen but somehow no dings, scrapes or gouges. I put half down and pick it up on payday next Friday. I've already blown my gun fund for this whole year but I don't care. I told my wife she could make me sleep on the couch for a month. Hell, in the backyard. You don't pass on a $900 Scar.

If someone will tell me how to post pics from imagur I'll post proof.
Man I forgot about this thread! So I changed out the gas screw tested it again and it functioned fine. Unfortunately, some life shit happened that required me to sell the Scar and my Bren and FN 5.7 (also purchased at the same shop for $850) last summer. I plan on getting a Bren again or a Bren 2 for SBRing but the Scar 16 didn’t do much for me and I don’t think I would buy another one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Where is this magical shop with these cheap formal rental guns for sale, I have nothing like that around me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Paid 2200 for mine new. Not including the PMM bad lever, Geissele trigger, gg&g canted lever, ergo grip and magpul safety selector. Nice job! I have about 2500 rds through it. I’m sure yours has more through it but these things are tanks. Clean the piston and piston housing really well and the chamber. You won’t be disappointed. I would highly suggest putting a different lever on it so you don’t rip your knuckles off if you put an optic on there.

After 2500 rds there is way less wear and tear on it than 2500 rds through any of my AR’s. I love piston systems and believe it or not I love the ugg boot stock. It works very well.

EDIT:  welp. Just read you sold it. Nevermind! Life happens. It’s a great fun I think.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#28]
You could part it and leverage that into a brand new rifle for yourself.  These things are built like tanks. but a NEW tank is just that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top