Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2017 12:42:20 PM EDT
I'm currently on a wait list for a Scar to come into my LGS, so I've been looking at getting accessories now.  I really like the KDG Mrex rail, but I'm not sure which size would look best on a 16 "barrel.  I tried to look through the scar picture posts but it's difficult to weed out SBRs and the size of the rail, plus a lot of the pictures don't come up. So I'm making a new post.

Can anyone that has the KDG Mrex rail post a picture of their scar with 16" barrel and indicate which size rail they have?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 6.5" rail, the weight is close enough that I figured the extra real estate couldn't hurt.

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 6.5" rail, the weight is close enough that I figured the extra real estate couldn't hurt.

https://s6.postimg.org/g8f1s48f5/image.jpg
View Quote
That's the same stock I'm looking at too. How does that stock compare to the OEM stock?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Overall it is an improvement over the OEM stock, my only complaint is that the comb does not go as high as the FN stock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's the same stock I'm looking at too. How does that stock compare to the OEM stock?
View Quote
There are reports of the metal hinge plate supposedly causing the rear receiver screws to cant.  Theres word that the plastic hinge on the OEM stock was a engineering decision because a metal hinge plate has less give to it, and the bolt carrier slamming into the metal plate causes stress on the screws or something like that.

Now whether thats true or not, I dont know.  I had the KDG stock on my SCAR 17, but I took it off and put an OEM stock back on it.  Partly because I didnt really want to risk it & partly because I liked the OEM stock SLIGHTLY more.  I like the cheek riser on the OEM stock more than the ACR/KDG stock.  I kept the KDG stock so I can switch back if I ever feel like it though.

Also, I have the longer rail on my 17 like KS-Diesel posted, but since he already posted a pic I wont bother looking for one of mine.  Also, like KS-Diesel said, the weight difference is so minimal the extra real estate is worth it.  Also, I like the way the longer rail looks on a 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are reports of the metal hinge plate supposedly causing the rear receiver screws to cant.  Theres word that the plastic hinge on the OEM stock was a engineering decision because a metal hinge plate has less give to it, and the bolt carrier slamming into the metal plate causes stress on the screws or something like that.

Now whether thats true or not, I dont know.  I had the KDG stock on my SCAR 17, but I took it off and put an OEM stock back on it.  Partly because I didnt really want to risk it & partly because I liked the OEM stock SLIGHTLY more.  I like the cheek riser on the OEM stock more than the ACR/KDG stock.  I kept the KDG stock so I can switch back if I ever feel like it though.

Also, I have the longer rail on my 17 like KS-Diesel posted, but since he already posted a pic I wont bother looking for one of mine.  Also, like KS-Diesel said, the weight difference is so minimal the extra real estate is worth it.  Also, I like the way the longer rail looks on a 16 inch barrel.
View Quote
my rx screws had a slight cant out of the box.
I replaced my gas screw from the OEM 1.50mm to a 1.40 and in suppressed mode to reduce the recoil and beating on the gun. cycles my light loads reliably. I think that this should canx my worries about he screw issue.

to the OP's question, I have both the 6.5 rail up front and the KDG stock behind. the rail has a triangular feel to it like an M16, and fits naturally in my hand. the KDG stock is far better than the OEM w/ positive lockup.  good stuff and well worth it IMHO

eta: SCAR 17
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

my rx screws had a slight cant out of the box.
I replaced my gas screw from the OEM 1.50mm to a 1.40 and in suppressed mode to reduce the recoil and beating on the gun. cycles my light loads reliably. I think that this should canx my worries about he screw issue.

to the OP's question, I have both the 6.5 rail up front and the KDG stock behind. the rail has a triangular feel to it like an M16, and fits naturally in my hand. the KDG stock is far better than the OEM w/ positive lockup.  good stuff and well worth it IMHO

eta: SCAR 17
View Quote
Yeah, I kind of brushed it off for the most part... but I wont lie, I let the panic get me haha.  It aint a cheap gun and I wanted one for years.
Plus, after I put a scope on it, the difference in the cheek risers got more apparent to me.  I like that the SCARs locks in place.  Mine disengaged once while I was shooting and it kind of annoyed me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
*Delete*
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up a package deal from Optics Planet (no affiliation) that included the KD rail, stock, charging handle, and Geisselle Super-SCAR trigger for $600.

The KD stock now comes with both a metal and a plastic end-plate attachment.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just picked up a package deal from Optics Planet (no affiliation) that included the KD rail, stock, charging handle, and Geisselle Super-SCAR trigger for $600.

View Quote
I saw this package too.  It seems like a super good deal, rather that buying the rail, stock, and trigger seperately. I just want sure about which rail length would look best on a 16" barrel.  I'm leaning towards the 6.5" but I haven't seen anyone post a pic of the 4.9"

Also, I've read about the canted screw, and from what I've read so far appears that they come from the factory that way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I saw this package too.  It seems like a super good deal, rather that buying the rail, stock, and trigger seperately. I just want sure about which rail length would look best on a 16" barrel.  I'm leaning towards the 6.5" but I haven't seen anyone post a pic of the 4.9"

Also, I've read about the canted screw, and from what I've read so far appears that they come from the factory that way.
View Quote
I picked up the 4.9" rail in my set.  I'll try and post a pic this weekend after I get it mounted up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I asked KDG about the plastic hinge, and they said the plastic one is so you can put the stock on an ACR if you wanted.

So it's an ACR hinge.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I asked KDG about the plastic hinge, and they said the plastic one is so you can put the stock on an ACR if you wanted.

So it's an ACR hinge.
View Quote
I actually tried to swap mine out last night and realized it must be for another rifle .  Definitely not for the SCAR.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have a link for the scar package from optics planet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So it's an ACR hinge.
View Quote
this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top