Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 3:44:47 PM EDT
I've read all the internet hype that EOtech blows and scar 17s kill all the optics. I would like to throw my 2016 production 512 on my CQC 17s for a heavy hitting close range battle rifle. My question is, will the EOtech survive?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Had the same optic on the same rifle, never had any issues with it. The optic survived just fine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to know as well. Particularly the EOTech EXPS3-0. Is there a manufacture date that would be ideal?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to know as well. Particularly the EOTech EXPS3-0. Is there a manufacture date that would be ideal?
View Quote
I think I read 2014 or 2015 and up is GTG EOtech wise. I am NOT sure if that means it's GTG on the 17s or not though
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
My exps3-0 survived without issue for the year or so I had it paired with my Scar.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine wouldn't even fit on the rail. The ARMS levers were to wide for the SCAR rail. Never got around to checking vs the STANAG standard. Just put an aimpoint on it instead.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
When I sent in one of my old (2003) EoTech holosights under the rebate program (that sight wasn't giving me any problems, just taking advantage of the program to buy a new one), the cut off date was 2008. So, any Eotech sights made after 2008 were OK and were not covered by the rebate program. I've never experienced any issues with any of my EoTech holosights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
id say your good with the EXPS line, and newer products. If it breaks... doubtful but well then eotech will most likely take care of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top