Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 11:07:43 AM EDT
OK, so I'm going to try installing the Geissele trigger myself into my SCAR 16.

How hard is it? I see some videos saying, "Oh, it's so easy, took me five minutes!"

I'm not quite so confident...I have however done a completely detail strip of my 1911, stripping it down to all individual parts, before and managed to get it all back together and functioning again...can't be harder than that, right?

Has anyone found "the best" instructional/how to video on the installation of the SCAR trigger in the 16S?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched a video on Youtube when I installed mine, it was not difficult.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, same here.  Read the instructions and look at a video.  No problems putting them in both my 16s and 17s.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, same here.  Read the instructions and look at a video.  No problems putting them in both my 16s and 17s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.  I did it on two 16s and two 17s.  IRRC, there was one difference that was a little more difficult with the 17s.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry..."IRRC"?

No hable.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry..."IRRC"?

No hable.
View Quote
If I remember correctly.

That said my order for a super scar is in and can't wait to get it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're a mechanically-abled person it shouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
It isn't really "difficult" as much as "annoying".  Installing a SCAR trigger group is more complicated than an AR, but it isn't anything you won't be able to accomplish.

The annoying part is the retainers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I think I've installed 4-5 G Super Scars now, and it doesn't really get easier, haha.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I did it step by step with YouTube playing on my phone. It's more difficult than an AR because everyone has messed withAR triggers plenty of times but it's in no way what I would consider difficult.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#10]
It's very easy.

Just watch bills video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top