BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
So that's it? they're not shipping anything else?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
LithocoreX has been updating their website saying they're outsourcing the RPPR .22's. Has anyone else received theirs or heard any updates?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's correct, same belts. LithocoreX won't communicate enough to tell us whats taking so long but I believe they were planning to outsource manufacturing of the belts so I really can't fathom why the market isn't saturated with them by now. Their past 6 months of "shop updates" haven't even included updates on the .22's.
Anyone interested in trying a DIY for the belts? If someone could take accurate (+/- .005) measurements of belts, or bug LithocoreX until they release prints, it probably wouldn't be difficult to order nylon strips and make them ourselves.
Essential dimensions would include:
-Width of nylon strip
-Thickness of nylon strip
-Center-to-center distance
-Stitch-to-stitch distance
View Quote

belts are cotton i think..

i would love to take dimensions if we are still interested...
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
forgotten weapons did a video on the old razorbacks a while ago. It looks like the belt is bottom-half webbing (nylon or cotton doesn't really matter), top-half elastic then stapled together at regular intervals. all are common materials, I'm sure I could design and 3D print a jig if we could get some measurements
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867088716

@BAD_CAD

heres some links t o some scraps that are listed by LM on gunbroker... ends in 6 hrs
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
They must have been using one off belts.  The lakeside belts, material wise, are the same on the top and the bottom. Then glued/fused at regular intervals to form the pockets
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I talked to Eric (Lakeside) the other day.  Yes, the belts were one-off, and they were made on a machine of some sort.  They were outsorced, and there was a lot of hassle to get them right, but it happened.  However, this was a long time ago, and from what it sounds, the manufacturer is not in business anymore.  So someone would have to figure out how 1919 belts were manufactured, and duplicate that.  Or, obviously better, find the machines that manufactured the Tippman/Lakeside belts, and reeuse those, but you'd have to find someone that still knows how to make them, as these aren't CNC machines.

From what I've gathered, the Lithocore uppers were reverse-engineered from the LM-7 and Razorback.  They did not purchase the blueprints, and that's probably where you're functionality issue is coming from.  I have a mid-range (400~) serial LM-7.  I've looked over it pretty carefully, and, as both a CAD designer and a machinist, I can tell you, it wouldn't be easy to make these using CNC only.  There's a lot of hand-fitting, and I think that's where Lithocore is failing.  You can't just send parts out to a small shop and expect everything to fit together, first try.

My girlfriend is interested in figuring out a way of manufacturing belts using canvas and a heavy duty sewing machine, but until this stupid BS is over, the sewing machine will have to wait.  I will do what I can to keep things updated, whenever any progress is made.

Nathan/SteyrTMP

P.S. Here's a hint of what I've been working on.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
@steyrtmp pic not workimg....

i also talked to eric last week, he said about the same things to me...

that lithocore had the process wrong etc... real disappointing, as there price point compared to current Razors etc is appealing...

i had called to ask about beltfed 20 ga, since the year is that, afterall!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top