Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have spoken at length with them. The issue is still the belts. I was told the plan was to have the belts made and then have links produced. That is now going to be swapped. Sourcing injection molded links will be quicker.

Mine is supposed to ship this week, unlikely, or next. I picked up a remnant belt and let them know as much. I was told they would ship it and fulfill the rest of the order when available.

I told them to come to this thread to gauge the level of interest. The M-16 owners are waiting for info.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I originally was going to preorder when it was first announced... so then I waited for the store to open up and accept pre orders.

I even talked to them and had a custom configuration done... but I am glad I waited because i would be pissed if I didnt have a belt yet

Should that change I will order one
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have spoken at length with them. The issue is still the belts. I was told the plan was to have the belts made and then have links produced. That is now going to be swapped. Sourcing injection molded links will be quicker.

Mine is supposed to ship this week, unlikely, or next. I picked up a remnant belt and let them know as much. I was told they would ship it and fulfill the rest of the order when available.

I told them to come to this thread to gauge the level of interest. The M-16 owners are waiting for info.
View Quote
Hopefully they have better success w/ the links than Lakeside did.  I thought the links would be the way to go but they never worked as good as the belts did for my LM7.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully they have better success w/ the links than Lakeside did.  I thought the links would be the way to go but they never worked as good as the belts did for my LM7.
View Quote
Were you able to get them to function? I watched an old review of the Razorback and they could not get them to run at all.

I asked if they had issues running them. I was told that following little tweaks to the design they ran fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Were you able to get them to function? I watched an old review of the Razorback and they could not get them to run at all.

I asked if they had issues running them. I was told that following little tweaks to the design they ran fine.
View Quote
It's been a really long time since I tried them but I hated them.  They stretched too much.  So much so that you couldn't lift the belt without it self disintegrated from the weight of the other rounds and I'm not talking about a long belt either....like less than 50 rounds.   They also were too loose so that it couldn't get the right position on the round to feed properly.  I could shift too easily.  Feeding from the ammo box was required and even then it could shift on the way out of the box.  I think I had two different batches.  First batch was really loose and second was a little tighter.  Lakeside even modified some pliers to be used to squeeze the links to better hold the rounds.  I still have those pliers.  I know he made some that were metal impregnated but I never bothered to try them.  They could also be picked up by a magnet....but I do recall people stating they didn't have good luck with them either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told these will be metal impregnated. They even tried to develop some small metal links. That did not work out. Hopefully the ones they produce are an upgrade from the original.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's actually good news! I'd be happy to buy a bag full of links as soon as they're available, entirely apart from the upper. The Lakeside links only last so long...
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Well the good news is an upper is scheduled to arrive on Monday. Maybe not my upper but something to play with. I did pick up some of the belts Eric has left over. They are “tight” per him. I expect some function troubles with them for a while. That coupled with a full power hammer spring and it could be underwhelming. Still hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Please keep us posted.  I would really like to see people start receiving these uppers.  Lithocorex took my money six months ago for an RPPR upper and Paul has told me a few times since then that it will ship in two more weeks but it never does......
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
bump.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]
How many members ordered them?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
@Ben97XJ

Did you ever manage to find some loaner belts? How did it run?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Ben97XJ

Did you ever manage to find some loaner belts? How did it run?
View Quote
I got a Nos 50 rnd belt from Paul but I can’t get the upper to extract the shell from the belt. The belt is really tight.

Paul is supposed to swap a new bolt when he gets another run completed. So still no working upper.

Communication has been good with Paul he seems to want to make everything right but they are just behind on everything.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#14]
That sucks. I bought a couple. One was a known tight belt. I ended up running 6mm knitting needles through each pocket. Then the spike in the loading kit. They slipped right on after that. I hope it is loose enough.

If it gets here early enough tomorrow I will take it to the range and see
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine is to be delived by xmas
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
So the good news that it did show up. Since I have zero experience with it or 1919 actions I decided to just try it out on a colt 6940 lower. I assumed the tight belts and SSA trigger might give me some problems and they did. I Think the longest semi string without malfunction was only 8 rounds.

Pretty ingenious how works. Given all that is going on both stripping new rounds and robbing bolt energy could have caused the issues. I am hoping it was in essence short stroking. Trying to shove the next round into battery before the alignment was right. The majority of stoppages looked like this. This is with blazer ammo.Attachment Attached File

I even caught my foot in the pic. Picture perfect
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Its been several years since I've done any heavy LM7 troubleshooting but I do vaguely recall Eric at Lakeside advising on a test without using a belt.
You can have 1 round in the chamber then the 'flipper' (I think is what Eric called it) but it also is like the extractor being over the rim of the 2nd live round. Then have third live round on the left.  
You should be able to fire all 3 rounds w/ no belt.   This can help you isolate if you are having any issues with the action and rule out the belt.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I just wanted to add that they did include a reduced power hammer spring but I was hoping that it would not be needed. On the upside, if I cycled it by hand rounds were advanced, stripped, chambered and ejected as quickly as I actuated it. That part is promising. Looking for perfect function in semi before I try auto.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]
That is what I am hoping at least.

Things I was completely unaware of? The fact that the you will always have to manually eject the final round. That action is normally accomplished by round the behind it.  Also that the round is held by the rim. The case just past that point is only partially supported. Swelling at the unsupported section could also stop the rhythmic function of the bolt. Can’t eject means can’t advance the next.

Pretty ingenious design.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the pic.  Turns out my upper is missing the extractor.  That is my issue.

Sent Paul an email with pics.  I could never find info on what the internals on these looked like.  Definitely was confusing me how this was supposed to work.  I was comparing to my 1919 and now it makes sense.

Looks like they updated the website with pre-order for links and belts.

Not sure what belts where supposed to come with the uppers?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I assume the piece on the side is what is missing? Seems that piece is responsible for advancing rounds down the T-slot. They must have extras. They were for sale on gunbroker a few months ago.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep Paul got back to me. He is going to get one to me soon!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I just looked at some pics that amphibian posted on Uzi talk. Bolt is a lm7/Razorback hybrid. Aluminum body like the Razorback with an lm7 style insert for the sear trip. Should make it possible to adjust thickness and tweak timing.

Bravo to lithocorex on that. They have it tested it on semi, binary and auto. Worst case would be binary function.  My boys would dig the shit out of that.

Amphibian. Everything you learned back then will be invaluable. You are running a reduced power hammer spring? Mil-spec trigger? I could not find anything at all about SSF tiggers set up that way and nothing good about SSA running JP springs. Granted most was about reducing pull weight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its been several years since I've done any heavy LM7 troubleshooting but I do vaguely recall Eric at Lakeside advising on a test without using a belt.
You can have 1 round in the chamber then the 'flipper' (I think is what Eric called it) but it also is like the extractor being over the rim of the 2nd live round. Then have third live round on the left.  
You should be able to fire all 3 rounds w/ no belt.   This can help you isolate if you are having any issues with the action and rule out the belt.
View Quote
Just want to emphasize my previous post.  If you have a full auto, you can test it with 3 rounds and no belt as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Amphibian. Everything you learned back then will be invaluable. You are running a reduced power hammer spring? Mil-spec trigger? I could not find anything at all about SSF tiggers set up that way and nothing good about SSA running JP springs. Granted most was about reducing pull weight.
View Quote
See this old archived thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Who-has-a-razorback-LM7-belt-fed--22-upper-/23-454449/

It's been a long time but I think last time I ran it was either the 4 o'clock Lakeside spring made from thinner gauge wire or maybe an old hammer spring I had laying around that felt weak.  It think it also worked fine with a JP match trigger spring.
Post above mentions the SSF not working.  Post above also briefly mentions hammer dip.
I posted recently about it in this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/M10-Adapter-for-AR-uppers-has-arrived-/22-494673/?page=1
Below is a copy/paste from that thread:
The LM7 barely works on an M16 now. I had a hammer, trigger and autosear sent to Eric at Lakeside to get him to hone out the engagement of the tail of the hammer and the autosear. These were Colt parts on a factory Colt M16 lower. You have a condition that Eric called 'hammer dip'. With trigger pulled, you could see the hammer dip down as the sear was rubbing against tail of hammer. That would rob energy from the bolt going forward and not having enough energy to release the hammer. Eric would hone it out so it was eliminated.

In addition, Eric also came out with his 4 o'clock hammer spring made from thinner gauge wire.

The LM7 would be finicky if it had to overcome too much force trying to cock.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
What does the buffer look like that you got from LithocoreX?

Eric had made a few different buffer designs.  It was discovered that his initial design had bolt bounce issues in full auto and had to use one with a steel weight for full auto.  I have I think 3 different buffers from him.

Again, as I posted above, you can load 3 rounds w/ no belt and test full auto and see if you are having bolt bounce.

What about the charging handle.  First design was polymer which broke on me.  He made some out of aluminum and steel.  One of my steel ones snapped after a lot of full auto.  That one was solid steel and I think it was too heavy on the end which caused it to break.  I have a hollowed out steel one on there now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#27]
The buffer has a steel floating insert under the plunger. Dead blow action it would seem.

The charging handle is solid and metal. Sorry I can’t say I noticed if it was steel or aluminum
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Another trip to the range today. This time with the reduced power hammer spring and a collection of buffer spacers. Trying to make sure the feed issues were not because of short stroking. Belts seemed to have loosened up but I don’t believe any of those things are the problem. Once again it did not feed. It seemed to cycle manually just fine but when I really watched it closely it became obvious what the problem is.

I hope it is simply a tolerance stacking issue but the feed geometry is off. The rounds held in the T-slot are not perpendicular to the chamber. They catch the right side and jam.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I will have to call and talk them about this. The only positive was my cmmg kit chews right through blazer. Had bought several thousand rounds waiting for the belt fed to show up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Would anyone with a LM7 or Razorback be willing to post some pics of it loading? Alignment between the T-slot and the chamber would be very handy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#30]
It's been a while since I messed around with my LM7, but it looks like your extractor is misaligned.  Try taking the extractor off the bolt and run some rounds down the t-slot and into the chamber manually.  If they guide into the chamber OK without the extractor, then that's your problem.  If they still don't align, you will need to work on the t-slot and that's probably best done by the company.

You can realign the extractor by bending it very carefully away from the side of the bolt with a thin screwdriver or knife blade.  You only need to do this a little and then check the alignment of the bullets.  You can also lightly bevel the opening of the chamber and make sure it's polished and smooth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#31]
WOW good to know....Was to get mine by xmas, now is jan or feb
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#32]
The old Lakeside Machine forums are still in existence at lakesideguns.com and there is a huge amount of information there on tuning and tickling these uppers.  It's still valid even if the company is gone.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's been a while since I messed around with my LM7, but it looks like your extractor is misaligned. .....

You can realign the extractor by bending it very carefully away from the side of the bolt with a thin screwdriver or knife blade.  You only need to do this a little and then check the alignment of the bullets.  You can also lightly bevel the opening of the chamber and make sure it's polished and smooth.
View Quote
I believe you are right. As the extractor presses down on the round it is cocking it in the T-slot. Not certain I will be able to make any type of adjustment. The arm that moves the round looks to be to short.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I reviewed some of the old posts on the Lakeside boards yesterday and bent extractors were not uncommon.  If you don't feel up to realigning it yourself, you're going to have to get the vendor to do it, as the upper isn't going to run until it's straightened out (or replaced).
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#35]
just found lithocorex website... whats everyones current status on these?  i have some belts that  i would lend folks if they still in need....
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Any new news?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#37]
My experience. Stay away for now. I still don’t have a an upper that goes bang.  My last two emails have not been answered.

Not like I was bugging them either. Once a month I asked for an update. Dec-Mar. April? No reply. Sent again. Nothing still.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Just found this thread but I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. It's been almost 9 months since I ordered mine now, I know LithocoreX will deliver but I've been patient for long enough. They have been pretty good about answering my emails and calls for updates but I wish they'd at least send me something so I can put my build together and have something tangible to show for my $$$.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#39]
so they are shipping uppers minus belts or not at all?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#40]
It looks like they're currently waiting on bolts and belts. Difficult to tell because I haven't received any more communication from the company but I have been keeping an eye on their production status updates. They claim they'll machine bolts by the end of this month but I'll believe it When I'm holding my completed upper in my hands. If anybody else has any other updates I'd love to know too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#41]
eeeeeeeenteresting...  i wanna get one to hedge my bets before 2020 eclection ramp up, but i not gonna give them cash unless they putting product in my hand
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
that was very helpful!  i have a login over at the lakeside furum but i lost my info or something....

wish he would continue to pump them out...  seems like he had a better handle on how to handle this stuff than lithocore.  growing (product line ) pains i suppose.  lithocaore sounded reasonable on the phone when i talked to them
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone heard from LithocoreX lately? they haven't updated their site in a month and haven't answered any calls or emails in just as long. I'm starting to get nervous.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Just checking in, has anyone heard anything? LithocoreX has been radio silent the past few months.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope, haven't heard a peep. Might be dead in the water.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I have no stake in this or any nfa goodies for that matter but concerning lithocorex they have a pretty bad rep on Reddit gun deals.

They really promoted their Glock slides at a discount and claimed to that they were making top tier slides at an amazing cost due to them cutting out middle men etc etc.

Far as I know slides were delayed a long time to witch lithocorex kept making excuses for like new cnc machines. The ones that did eventually arrive were less than stellar.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been waiting almost a year now for them to have a complete package. Money in hand but not until they've got a working product. Specifically I need belts. I don't have any currently and as far as I can find no one is making them. In this day of computer controlled machining I can't believe there aren't computer controlled sewing machines that could make belts.

But I'm hopeful, someone will make one at some point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry to hear folks having issues with LithocoreX. I had never heard of them or the upper until I read this thread. As one who has waited seemingly endlessly over other endeavors I can share your pain.

Reading all this does make one want to get the LM7 out of the safe though and head for the range. Am I understanding correctly the belts are the same between the LM7 and LithocoreX uppers?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#49]
That's correct, same belts. LithocoreX won't communicate enough to tell us whats taking so long but I believe they were planning to outsource manufacturing of the belts so I really can't fathom why the market isn't saturated with them by now. Their past 6 months of "shop updates" haven't even included updates on the .22's.
Anyone interested in trying a DIY for the belts? If someone could take accurate (+/- .005) measurements of belts, or bug LithocoreX until they release prints, it probably wouldn't be difficult to order nylon strips and make them ourselves.
Essential dimensions would include:
-Width of nylon strip
-Thickness of nylon strip
-Center-to-center distance
-Stitch-to-stitch distance
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm new on here been on a few other sites for a good many years well for starters I'm a LithoCorex victim on 4/7/18 I made a purchase for $1510.00 for upper and belts and didn't get an upper for 6 months and still no belts purchased belts from Lakeside (samebelt) when I did get it it would never extract being the owner of a 1919 I could see the bolt was the problem so talked to PAUL (beware) and he said send it all back upper and bolt and he will get it fixed as soon as it gets there and send it rite back well thats been almost 11 months and many calls and e-mails ago and still have nothing returned but when Paul received it I called him and he agreed that the bolt was bad but the bad part I just give up for about 6 months and finally here a few weeks ago I got to thinking about the money lost and called the number for Paul and he answered and he just basically told me that I was screwed and stop bothering him that he was broke and lost a bunch of money bla bla bla just what I wanted to hear.  So I don't know if anyone on here is on the 1919.com site but there was a person on there from Mountain Home Arkansas (Baxter County) named Jayson Cotter that had about 40-50 complaints on him from about 20 states over about $70,000 and enough people finally got together and had ATF & attorney general arrest him not sure of the outcome. I would like to know how big the scam is with LithocareX maybe bigger than we think.

Broke Country Boy
Page / 3
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top