Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 10:31:19 AM EDT
Saw Frank running special on E.A M16 for $16.5K.
On his description, he stated that Armitage International, Ltd was the Maker.
There is little to no info about these out there...
Is this cast receiver M16?

Also, anyone know any history about Sendra lower that has Jonathan Arthur Ciener Mfg marking on the lower?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/687052987
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The EA J-15s are indeed cast receivers. Other than being ugly, they're very strong, and I've heard the casting was done by Ruger for EA, so they're as tippy-top quality as you can get in a cast receiver.

Nothing wrong with the Sendra receivers, either, other than the occasional complaint that the anodizing looks purple in bright sunlight (which is true). The big factor in a Sendra conversion was who did it, and Ciener usually did a good job on his conversions.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll add that the J15 has definitely been refinished.

The original finish is a light gray.  Not that this is a problem, just an FYI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I owned a few J-15's (EA's semi auto lowers) during the ban. They were fine receivers as other have stated. I've been M-16 shopping myself, so IMHO, for a couple grand more you could get a forged lower conversion and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I ended up getting Sendra converted by JAC for the same price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I ended up getting Sendra converted by JAC for the same price.
View Quote
Congrats!

Any forged AR15 conversion lower in the $16-17k range is an great deal, especially since it was a 50/50 payment.
Looks like someone also snagged the cast E.A. lower as well as the GB auction for it has now ended.

IMO once it arrives at your local dealer check it for fitment of mil-spec parts (not the parts it comes with) and document any issues and send it off to USAnodizing or M60Joe. They can make any repairs and modifications to the lower to make it mil-spec, and then have it refinished with a fresh coat of anodizing. Mine looked brand new when I got it back.

Also, just out of curiosity why did you pick up a RR, dont you already own a RDIAS? Not happy with the RDIAS or just wanted more MGs?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the kind words.
I hope I made a better choice by choosing Sendra lower converted by JAC over E.A lower for the same price.

Yes, I'm planning to send it to M60Joe eventually... it looks pretty good in pic.

Yeah, I already have DIAS & RLL but always wanted to add at least one RR in my collection.
$16.5K for Sendra forged lower w/ LWRC piston upper was pretty good price IMHO.
50/50 deal and buying from a dealer also made my decision a little bit easier.

Quoted:

Congrats!

Any forged AR15 conversion lower in the $16-17k range is an great deal, especially since it was a 50/50 payment.
Looks like someone also snagged the cast E.A. lower as well as the GB auction for it has now ended.

IMO once it arrives at your local dealer check it for fitment of mil-spec parts (not the parts it comes with) and document any issues and send it off to USAnodizing or M60Joe. They can make any repairs and modifications to the lower to make it mil-spec, and then have it refinished with a fresh coat of anodizing. Mine looked brand new when I got it back.

Also, just out of curiosity why did you pick up a RR, dont you already own a RDIAS? Not happy with the RDIAS or just wanted more MGs?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, what do you all think is the going rate for a converted EA RR? Do you think $16,500 is todays fair market value for a person to person (non-dealer) transaction?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds fair to me.
View Quote
Osprey21 thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there even a difference in forgings? I've heard metallurgical differences making a Colt superior... but any evidence or truth to that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guys, what do you all think is the going rate for a converted EA RR? Do you think $16,500 is todays fair market value for a person to person (non-dealer) transaction?
View Quote
If everything is in good shape that sounds like a good price for the buyer.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top