Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 11:09:45 PM EDT
Is it legal to use DIAS on PSA KS47?
Does anyone tried to run full-auto before?
I'm planning to use 75rds drum for ultimate drum dump and save the wear & tear on my registered Polytech Spiker at the same time.
Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why not.  It's an AR lower with a different magwell.  I know guys have run the MGI that uses different magwell in 7.62AK and that Michaels Machines makes or used to make an AR lower setup for AK mags and a DIAS.  Have you shot a full auto 7.62X39?  I have shot a PWS upper that took AR pattern 7.62X39 mags and did not enjoy it.  I also shot one mag out of a real AK full auto and was not a fan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few full auto AK's over the years and they are not fun to shoot in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I thought it shouldn't be a issue since the internal is pretty much identical.

I think AK47 round in AR15 type rifle seems to produce more recoil and movement.
I love shooting my registered full-auto AK47... yes, they're rough and no way close to M16 refinement but that's the one reason I like it... rough
Pretty much I want something different with my DIAS...
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty much I want something different with my DIAS...
View Quote
Yea, I just bought a CMMG MKG .45 ACP "Pistol" to run with mine once it clears.  Not sure if you are interested in a pistol caliber but in semi auto it is very nice to shoot.  It's softer than a standard blowback but will run much longer than the DI .45's out there.  A buddy has an integral 9mm blowback AR and my CMMG .45 is noticeably softer recoil.  I took it to my dealers shop and tried dropping my RDIAS in and the hump is going to need about 1/16th off of it to fit with a needle file and will then drop in perfect.

MAC did a review of it on his channel with a fostech binary trigger and suppressor.  If that is any indication how fun it will be with the DIAS it will very fun.  .45 can be loaded inexpensive also if you are into reloading.  I am like you I think wanting to get the most out of my RDIAS with various hosts.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top