Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 10:27:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That is what I would do/replace on a new inbound gun.

Ken Elmore/SAW only sells genuine Colt parts.  Dont be tempted to get Colt parts off gunbroker (trust me)

You will need to be patient as SAW is not quick to ship in my experience.  

Plan for it to take at least a week for the order to ship and don't be surprised at a two week delay to ship (plus the actual transit time).   They will eventually ship as I have never not had the part eventually show up, but in the world of Amazon Prime expectations it takes a bit more patience than most of us are used to for an internet order.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you wanting to keep it stock or do you want nicer/better parts?

The Geissele SSF is an excellent full auto trigger.
http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-super-select-fire-trigger-small-pin-154-gat-ssf

I prefer Sprinco springs to Colt.  Sprinco springs have a service life of 1,000,000+ cycles.  They cost about $20 delivered from no kick.

Brownells also stocks Colt M16 parts much of the time.

ETA: If you don't want to spend SSF money but want a nicer FA trigger than stock Colt parts, the JP trigger will swap in and work with the rest of the Colt parts to make a decent FA trigger. 
https://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.2_fc.php
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree the SSF and JP triggers are better than stock Colt parts.
I have even used "crappy" DPMS springs and FCGs select-fire and they worked just fine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for SSF. It's fantastic. And I believe you can find 30% off Geissele items as part of their Labor Day sale.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top