Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 4/13/2017 10:04:00 AM EDT
I'm trying to figure out which click pen spring to use in my RDIAS, the longer spring with wider turns or the shorter spring with narrower turns? Is the correct spring length .600, and do I need to leave the multiple wound end on or cut it off and then measure to length?

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, there are no standardized parts for the RDIAS. The sears were made by countless individuals and companies, with production ranging from a single unit on up.

If you need a spring, just find one that fits and offers "adequate" tension to get the trip forward in time to catch the hammer; it doesn't take much. An excessively-strong spring will only impart unnecessary wear to the registered sear body.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I lost the extractor spring in my lage upper, and it is now powered by bic

Take them both to the range and fig it out
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KSOT9K?tag=vglnk-c102-20

The spring that came with mine lasted only a few shots....these work great and last forever...ive got over 150k rounds on the placement.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny i just posted about RDIAS springs....mine just failed. It didn't break into two pieces but was twisted and mangled after no less than 160k rounds.this is the last time I'll ever give a round count because at this point i no longer care to try and keep track.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive got to say maybe my spring should have been change sooner... i might have had a timing issue for awhile.
Since i change it and repaired some hosts it runs Better than Ever, last night i put 1200rds through my shrike. With 1 failure.

I must have had early timing for awhile, all my setups run much slower/consitant

Edit..i didnt mean timing issue as much as it wasn't retaining the hammer everytime.which isnt as noticable when it still fires and im dumping belts.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top