Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/8/2014 8:24:51 PM EDT
We got this from a local PD... I found the marks interesting... especially the .223 with MODEL 02 under it.  The M16A1 MOD is neat as well.  The other marks were from the mag well outer edge... Anniston Army Depot overhaul 1982?

Just thought I'd share...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Take this to Retro. They'll swoon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't tell from your pics but it looks like a no fence or partial fence lower...could well be an early one that was overstamped as an A1 later....my retro brethen will be able to educate us on it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can't tell from your pics but it looks like a no fence or partial fence lower...could well be an early one that was overstamped as an A1 later....my retro brethen will be able to educate us on it.
View Quote

Correct... no fence. I'd like to know what MODEL 02 means... and the X2
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the 02 refers to a 602...which was the model of rifle it was that would mean it would predate the A1 (obv)

Check out

retroblackrifle

for more info...

really neat lower though, i'd pay lotsa money for that...especially as i assume is an nfa item (mg?)

p.s. serial number is right for a 602 and also would explain why it's marked 223 cal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I was issued a rifle like that Ft Benning, Summer 1986, Infantry Basic Training.....hottest summer in years and this Yankee had problems getting a grip on the ejection port cover while performing Ready Port Arms after Inspection Arms.

It was an A1 config but the lower had no fence, was stamped Colt AR15, I can't remember the sub-model number or serial number at this point.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe the 02 refers to a 602...which was the model of rifle it was that would mean it would predate the A1 (obv)

Check out

retroblackrifle

for more info...

really neat lower though, i'd pay lotsa money for that...especially as i assume is an nfa item (mg?)

p.s. serial number is right for a 602 and also would explain why it's marked 223 cal.
View Quote

Thanks... yes, FA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks... yes, FA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out

retroblackrifle

for more info...

Thanks... yes, FA.

FA yes, NFA? No. This is not a transferable piece, they're given to pd's through some loan program...though why is another issue.

William
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

FA yes, NFA? No. This is not a transferable piece, they're given to pd's through some loan program...though why is another issue.

William
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out

retroblackrifle

for more info...

Thanks... yes, FA.

William

Correct... on loan from the govt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn.never seen that before. Thx for sharing stories. I love M16 rollmark info :)
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]
M16A1 mod means it was modified to that configuration. X means it was rebuilt, 2 82 is Feb 1982 and ANAD stands Anniston Army Depot in Alabama. Serial numbers 20,000-39,999
were manufacturer in 1963 and 1964.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
M16A1 mod means it was modified to that configuration. X means it was rebuilt, 2 82 is Feb 1982 and ANAD stands Anniston Army Depot in Alabama. Serial numbers 20,000-39,999
were manufacturer in 1963 and 1964.
View Quote

Damn.  Now that is some knowledge!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top