Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:17:09 AM EDT
I've been messing around with different riggers, springs and other bits to get better trigger quality but one of my guns has a disconnector spring that seems really tough. I guess if I make it too light the hammer will follow the bolt home?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:39:01 PM EDT
The disco spring should have no effect on trigger pull - though many have tried lighter hammer springs, or hammer springs intentionally installed backwards, to lighten the trigger pull.

FWIW, a reversed hammer spring DOES lighten trigger pull considerably, at the risk of not lighting off hard milsurp primers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:50:50 PM EDT
I would just get some JP reduced hammer/trigger springs, they usually come with a new disconnector spring also, but really the lighter hammer and trigger springs is what makes the difference. I wouldn't suggest installing the hammer spring backwards since it will allow the trigger pin to walk out while firing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:04:34 PM EDT
A light or malfunctioning disconnector spring could turn your semi into an unregistered machinegun. The only time I've used a lighter disconnector spring is for my dedicated .22lr set up. I love my J.P. Enterprises single stage trigger.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:49:25 AM EDT
Sorry to be vague, I was referring to trigger quality on auto. I have JP springs already and the semi-auto trigger is OK. Obviously when the selector presses down the dosconnector tail it increases the trigger weight considerably; even more noticeable with the lighter trigger/hammer springs. I was just wondering if anyone had clipped a coil or two of the disconnector spring to reduce the trigger weight in auto.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:38:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Monkey-man:
Sorry to be vague, I was referring to trigger quality on auto. I have JP springs already and the semi-auto trigger is OK. Obviously when the selector presses down the dosconnector tail it increases the trigger weight considerably; even more noticeable with the lighter trigger/hammer springs. I was just wondering if anyone had clipped a coil or two of the disconnector spring to reduce the trigger weight in auto.

Yeah, in auto it'd add to the trigger pull. disco springs are cheap - buy a couple and experiment. Worst that'll happen is hammer follow, and that's what you keep some spares on hand for.
Page Armory » M-16
Top Top