Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:17:09 AM EDT
I've been messing around with different riggers, springs and other bits to get better trigger quality but one of my guns has a disconnector spring that seems really tough.  I guess if I make it too light the hammer will follow the bolt home?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The disco spring should have no effect on trigger pull - though many have tried lighter hammer springs, or hammer springs intentionally installed backwards, to lighten the trigger pull.

FWIW, a reversed hammer spring DOES lighten trigger pull considerably, at the risk of not lighting off hard milsurp primers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would just get some JP reduced hammer/trigger springs, they usually come with a new disconnector spring also, but really the lighter hammer and trigger springs is what makes the difference. I wouldn't suggest installing the hammer spring backwards since it will allow the trigger pin to walk out while firing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
A light or malfunctioning disconnector spring could turn your semi into an unregistered machinegun.  The only time I've used a lighter disconnector spring is for my dedicated .22lr set up.  I love my J.P. Enterprises single stage trigger.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to be vague, I was referring to trigger quality on auto.  I have JP springs already and the semi-auto trigger is OK.  Obviously when the selector presses down the dosconnector tail it increases the trigger weight considerably; even more noticeable with the lighter trigger/hammer springs.  I was just wondering if anyone had clipped a coil or two of the disconnector spring to reduce the trigger weight in auto.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry to be vague, I was referring to trigger quality on auto.  I have JP springs already and the semi-auto trigger is OK.  Obviously when the selector presses down the dosconnector tail it increases the trigger weight considerably; even more noticeable with the lighter trigger/hammer springs.  I was just wondering if anyone had clipped a coil or two of the disconnector spring to reduce the trigger weight in auto.

Yeah, in auto it'd add to the trigger pull.  disco springs are cheap - buy a couple and experiment.  Worst that'll happen is hammer follow, and that's what you keep some spares on hand for.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top