Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 6:21:19 AM EDT
I have a transferable M11/9 on the way, comes with a Lage Mk2 upper.

Can I put the upper on a semi auto lower while I'm waiting for the transfer?

I know I'll have to watch the NFA rules with respect to putting stocks and fore grips on it. Mostly just want to get optics/lasers dialed in and play with it in my garage while I'm waiting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The MAX-11 mk2 has a full auto bolt with a fixed firing pin.  Do not try to use it with a semi-auto lower or you will create an uncontrollable runaway machinegun.  Because of this, it is illegal to possess a full auto bolt with a semi gun unless you also have a full auto gun.  BATFE calls it constructive possession.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a transferable M11/9 on the way, comes with a Lage Mk2 upper.

Can I put the upper on a semi auto lower while I'm waiting for the transfer?

I know I'll have to watch the NFA rules with respect to putting stocks and fore grips on it. Mostly just want to get optics/lasers dialed in and play with it in my garage while I'm waiting.
View Quote

Too late at this point but I've always had my MGs transferred to a gun range so I can tinker with them while I wait. Something to think of for the future.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The MAX-11 mk2 has a full auto bolt with a fixed firing pin.  Do not try to use it with a semi-auto lower or you will create an uncontrollable runaway machinegun.  Because of this, it is illegal to possess a full auto bolt with a semi gun unless you also have a full auto gun.  BATFE calls it constructive possession.
View Quote
Lage, thanks for the support. Didn't know you guys were on here.

I just sent you a PM with another question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top