User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I regret not having gotten one when I turned 21yrs old. They were going for under $3k at the time. Instead I built two ARs during that timeframe with a total expenditure approaching $4k. Now those ARs are worth MAYBE $2.5k to the right buyer. I don't regret building them, but these days I barely shoot them compared to my transferables.

I did buy a 1985 M11/9 a few years later for $4.3k. That was a fair price at the time, perhaps a tad bit high. But the seller was a local well established dealer with decades in the industry and an indoor range so I could play with my new toy while waiting (and the wait was substantial, back then it was 10+ months.) Inspection before purchase, not having to deal with shipping or an additional transfer, not to mentioned the reduced wait time means a lot to me. Now I don't think about the few hundred I might have overpaid, especially when shooting.

https://i.imgur.com/LvrtAiQh.jpg

I'd suggest calling local dealers, telling them exactly what you want and that you are a motivated buyer with funds ready to proceed (assuming that is true.) Good deals move quickly, so you need to be ready to move quickly, although quickly is not the same as rush...do you due diligence. Look for cracks in welds especially at the rear plate, and egging in the front takedown pin. If it had a Sten mag conversion done check the area around the welds for excess stress and other issues incidental to welding/rewelding. Check the feedramp for cracks in the welds. If it's an '86 gun double check all of the aforementioned - these guns were often rushed into production to meet the May 19th cutoff so are known for having a higher incidence of issues (my friend's '86 experienced issues.)
View Quote
Very nice. I want to do a similar setup with my Octane 45 and Lage Mk2 upper and their OEM folding stock. I'm keen on finding a pre-86 model or one made early in 86 such as sub 6000 serial numbers. Welds and cracks can be fixed but I'd rather not try to deal with that PITA. I will definitely transfer it to a local dealer with a range, mine allows full auto. I was saving up a decent amount for land that did not come to fruition so I should be able to get a cashiers check out rapidly.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I regret not having gotten one when I turned 21yrs old. They were going for under $3k at the time. Instead I built two ARs during that timeframe with a total expenditure approaching $4k. Now those ARs are worth MAYBE $2.5k to the right buyer. I don't regret building them, but these days I barely shoot them compared to my transferables.
View Quote
I'm finding it hard to justify any high dollar firearm purchase that's not a Transferable MG.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Very nice. I want to do a similar setup with my Octane 45 and Lage Mk2 upper and their OEM folding stock. I'm keen on finding a pre-86 model or one made early in 86 such as sub 6000 serial numbers. Welds and cracks can be fixed but I'd rather not try to deal with that PITA. I will definitely transfer it to a local dealer with a range, mine allows full auto. I was saving up a decent amount for land that did not come to fruition so I should be able to get a cashiers check out rapidly.
View Quote
I have an Octane 9 that I ran until my Bowers was approved. It was quieter but noticeably gassier. A dedicated subgun can might be something to consider.

Cash can go a long way in terms of both a) getting dealers to put feelers out there for an M11 for you and B) getting you a good deal. You live in TX...aren't there a lot of class III dealers down there? Stop by after work and get in 5minutes of facetime chatting with the well established dealers making it clear that you're ready to deal in cash. Cash is king in this hobby. They might know collectors/enthusiasts/other dealers either not privy to the internet or that just don't care about the F/A community but who might be interested in selling.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm finding it hard to justify any high dollar firearm purchase that's not a Transferable MG.
View Quote
Same. Sometimes I toss around the idea of liquidating most of my title I collection to invest in a few more transferables...a Stemple .45 has been on my mind lately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have an Octane 9 that I ran until my Bowers was approved. It was quieter but noticeably gassier. A dedicated subgun can might be something to consider.

Cash can go a long way in terms of both a) getting dealers to put feelers out there for an M11 for you and B) getting you a good deal. You live in TX...aren't there a lot of class III dealers down there? Stop by after work and get in 5minutes of facetime chatting with the well established dealers making it clear that you're ready to deal in cash. Cash is king in this hobby. They might know collectors/enthusiasts/other dealers either not privy to the internet or that just don't care about the F/A community but who might be interested in selling.

Good luck!
View Quote
Yes, there are quite a few in the big cities. I have left my name with a few already. I need to check with my bank to see how much I can withdraw in 1 day. I doubt most people are that hard up for cash but it's not out of the question.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Same. Sometimes I toss around the idea of liquidating most of my title I collection to invest in a few more transferables...a Stemple .45 has been on my mind lately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and that. I have literally zero interest in the rest of the market at this point. I can’t bring myself to cut ties with everything because I still enjoy them and their diversity but whatever I don’t have an immense affinity for is long gone. No regrets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all this info in this thread.

After watching this video

SWD M11/9 SMG Lage Manufacturing Max11 Upper

I'm buying one, going to use Ruben since I've seen him recommended by multiple people on different boards.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd check some other dealers besides Ruben just because of his price. Check nfasales.com and davidspiwak.com and see what they have. b3armament.com had a few when I saw him a few weeks ago(bought a kac suppressor from him). One of them was outfitted with a lage upper and he had tsc machine finish it in burnt bronze which came out cool looking(Mike also installed a 3lug on the barrel). Bernie from B3 was at TSC as they are friends and saw the m10 tsc refinished for me in OD green and wanted one done like it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd check some other dealers besides Ruben just because of his price. Check nfasales.com and davidspiwak.com and see what they have. b3armament.com had a few when I saw him a few weeks ago(bought a kac suppressor from him). One of them was outfitted with a lage upper and he had tsc machine finish it in burnt bronze which came out cool looking(Mike also installed a 3lug on the barrel). Bernie from B3 was at TSC as they are friends and saw the m10 tsc refinished for me in OD green and wanted one done like it.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip. Ruben got back to me last night, said all his current SWD m11/9 are spoken for pending payment.

Shot an email to John and B3. David is in state so I'd have to pay sales tax, would pretty much eat up any savings.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. Ruben got back to me last night, said all his current SWD m11/9 are spoken for pending payment.

Shot an email to John and B3. David is in state so I'd have to pay sales tax, would pretty much eat up any savings.
View Quote
Ruben just posted this today:

https://www.machineguncentral.com/ViewDetails.aspx?p=679--1c5a2b25-e19e-406f-9cb3-f147fc16158d
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Because of what Lage (Richard, are you still active on here?) has done for the platform, does anyone else think that M11/9s are (still, somehow) the best kept secret in the MG world? With his uppers, they’re modernized, world-class SMGs...
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.machineguncentral.com/ViewDetails.aspx?p=679--1c5a2b25-e19e-406f-9cb3-f147fc16158d
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, I saw that ad a few days ago. Not sure if that site just automatically re-ups them. I spoke to Ruben on the phone and he said all of his M11/9 inventory was currently sold pending funds but to contact him on Monday to see if everyone had followed through with payment.

David and B3 got back to me, David has a few en route and put me on the list. B3 has 3 available, going to send me some pics when he get back from a show.

Quoted:
Because of what Lage (Richard, are you still active on here?) has done for the platform, does anyone else think that M11/9s are (still, somehow) the best kept secret in the MG world? With his uppers, they’re modernized, world-class SMGs...
I don't doubt the owners of the M11/9 can thank Mr. Lage for the sharp increase in price since the release of his uppers. I would imagine another bump will happen once the M11/15 uppers become available on the market.. I remember looking at them about 8 years ago, could have bought two for what one goes for today..
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't doubt the owners of the M11/9 can thank Mr. Lage for the sharp increase in price since the release of his uppers. I would imagine another bump will happen once the M11/15 uppers become available on the market.. I remember looking at them about 8 years ago, could have bought two for what one goes for today..
View Quote
When I started looking, they were 1300 for NIB. I was thinking of buying three, one to stash away, one to sell in a couple years and one to shoot. By the time I bought they were about 1700 and with the cost of a suppressor, mags, and all the Lage goodies, I could only afford one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks, I saw that ad a few days ago. Not sure if that site just automatically re-ups them. I spoke to Ruben on the phone and he said all of his M11/9 inventory was currently sold pending funds but to contact him on Monday to see if everyone had followed through with payment.

David and B3 got back to me, David has a few en route and put me on the list. B3 has 3 available, going to send me some pics when he get back from a show.

View Quote
If B3 has three I think they are the same ones he had last I saw him. A NIB m11/9, the one that was painted in burnt bronze(which looks good), and a m11 380. The NIB one seemed high to me although personally I wouldn't buy a nib one as my ass would be shooting it(at least I wouldn't pay a premium).

For the M11/15 uppers lage has a waiting list over 750 people long. I do think he has helped bring up the price of the guns, the m11 used to be cheaper than the m10.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If B3 has three I think they are the same ones he had last I saw him. A NIB m11/9, the one that was painted in burnt bronze(which looks good), and a m11 380. The NIB one seemed high to me although personally I wouldn't buy a nib one as my ass would be shooting it(at least I wouldn't pay a premium).

For the M11/15 uppers lage has a waiting list over 750 people long. I do think he has helped bring up the price of the guns, the m11 used to be cheaper than the m10.
View Quote
Correct, he had one NIB, one with a lage upper and custom paint and a used one with a sten mag conversion. The NIB and one with a Lage upper hes asking the same price. I wouldn't pay a premium for NIB either as I inted the shoot mine.

I met Dennis Todd & his wife Jenny at a local gun show today, they're suppose to send me all the details tonight but it looks like we're going to work out a deal on a swd m-11/9.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
@ccosby

Thanks again for recommending Bernie @ B3, funds went out today for a SWD M11/9 from him
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@ccosby

Thanks again for recommending Bernie @ B3, funds went out today for a SWD M11/9 from him
View Quote
TSC Machine gave me his info, Mike and Bernie have been friends for a while. Mike was building me a mp5sd off a very good condition hk94 and a mp5sd parts kit that was just cut up. I was going to buy a B&T suppressor but they were out of stock almost everywhere. I asked Mike about options he would recommend and how locked in was he on not making anymore sd cans himself. He said Bernie had some KAC mp5sd cans or did and gave me his number. Called Bernie and he got back with me pretty quick and said he still had them. I asked him to form 3 it to TSC even though we are all in the same state so they would have it to go with the mp5sd which I needed to go do paperwork on.

Bernie e-filed the form 3 right away and gave it to Mike in person a day or two later when he came to Doswell for a gunshow(TSC machine is right up the street). I went to the gunshow and gave him a check for the can. He had a LMT mrp and also one of their grenade launchers on display. Took a lot not to go ahead and buy at least one of them while I was there. Both are things I kinda want. Overall I will say my experience with Bernie was really good. I'd personally contact him in the future next time I want a new MG to see what he has. Glad to here that it sounds like he is taking care of you.

One of my friends got Bernie's info when I went to the show as he wants a m11/9 in the future. He shot my m10 and fell in love. Had to just shoot him a message giving him crap that one of the ones he was looking at is now sold.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

TSC Machine gave me his info, Mike and Bernie have been friends for a while. Mike was building me a mp5sd off a very good condition hk94 and a mp5sd parts kit that was just cut up. I was going to buy a B&T suppressor but they were out of stock almost everywhere. I asked Mike about options he would recommend and how locked in was he on not making anymore sd cans himself. He said Bernie had some KAC mp5sd cans or did and gave me his number. Called Bernie and he got back with me pretty quick and said he still had them. I asked him to form 3 it to TSC even though we are all in the same state so they would have it to go with the mp5sd which I needed to go do paperwork on.

Bernie e-filed the form 3 right away and gave it to Mike in person a day or two later when he came to Doswell for a gunshow(TSC machine is right up the street). I went to the gunshow and gave him a check for the can. He had a LMT mrp and also one of their grenade launchers on display. Took a lot not to go ahead and buy at least one of them while I was there. Both are things I kinda want. Overall I will say my experience with Bernie was really good. I'd personally contact him in the future next time I want a new MG to see what he has. Glad to here that it sounds like he is taking care of you.

One of my friends got Bernie's info when I went to the show as he wants a m11/9 in the future. He shot my m10 and fell in love. Had to just shoot him a message giving him crap that one of the ones he was looking at is now sold.
View Quote
Bernie has been a pleasure to deal with this far, promptly responds to emails and answers all of my questions, sent me a bunch of oictures. I overnighted the funds, he shot me an email last night to let me know he received my dealers FFL/SOT and would e-file the form 3 Tuesday morning, said he should have the approval within 24 hours and it'll probably get shipped out on Wednesday.

If your buddy was just looking for a stock M11/9 Dennis and Jenny Todd said they had a few on Sat, believe they said one or two we're currently approved and the others were pending approval. Would save him the VA sales tax.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on your first transferable OP. You made a solid choice. The M11/9 was my first subgun as well, it makes a great first subgun and will continue to keep you happy for years to come with all of the accessories available and versatility it offers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Congrats on your first transferable OP. You made a solid choice. The M11/9 was my first subgun as well, it makes a great first subgun and will continue to keep you happy for years to come with all of the accessories available and versatility it offers.
View Quote
I agree completely. A great first gun. Be sure to pick up some of the shockwave mags and some Suomi 72 round drums while you still can.

Check out Lage Mfg's small parts. They are a HUGE improvement over the pot metal crap that comes with the stock gun.

I really like the FA only "competition trigger," the internal and external safety slides, and the Lage hardened sear.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm surprised all of Ruben's M-11's are spoken for. He has a heavy ad presence on many forums and his website had 6 or 7 the last time I checked.

What does everyone think the best 9mm Lage upper is? I have a line on Max-31 MK2 with stick mags (not the coffin mags) and a drum. I want to build a poor man's MP5 but don't really want the long upper and am not concerned with the drum. I wanted to sell the upper and replace it with a shorter Max-31k but that is only available for the M-11A1 .380 model.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#22]
The Max-11K and MK2 are my two favorites. Looking forward to the 11/15 though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm surprised all of Ruben's M-11's are spoken for. He has a heavy ad presence on many forums and his website had 6 or 7 the last time I checked.

What does everyone think the best 9mm Lage upper is? I have a line on Max-31 MK2 with stick mags (not the coffin mags) and a drum. I want to build a poor man's MP5 but don't really want the long upper and am not concerned with the drum. I wanted to sell the upper and replace it with a shorter Max-31k but that is only available for the M-11A1 .380 model.
View Quote
I see he's bumped quite a few of his listing since I spoke to him, so I'm guessing several people did not follow through with payment. I'm happy with my purchase, Bernie @ B3 was a pleasure to deal with.

I put my name on the wait list for the Lage Max-11SK upper as soon as I started looking for a M11/9.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I see you bought the W bolt. Smart move.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I see he's bumped quite a few of his listing since I spoke to him, so I'm guessing several people did not follow through with payment. I'm happy with my purchase, Bernie @ B3 was a pleasure to deal with.

I put my name on the wait list for the Lage Max-11SK upper as soon as I started looking for a M11/9.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/MAX11SK_7-502674.JPG
View Quote
He may be bumping just to line up future buyers. There were lots of M-11/9's made apparently. I'm not sure what serial number range is considered part of the "rush" but I think it's 86-15000 upwards. Either way, good investment I hope.

Very nice. I am leaning towards the Max-11SK Mod 1 and add the K VFG if I sell the Max-31 upper. I'm not sold on the drum setup but they appear to be pretty popular. It is very cool how the drum operates but I don't plan on doing any competitions nor does my wallet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm late to the party, its over 800 now.  I'm #811 uggh.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are spots for sale in the 50s which should be the first batch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I 've seen one.  Crazy IMHO.   I waited 5+ years for my Shrike, I can wait for this as well.   Thanks though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I think nearly all of 1986 production was rushed, some rushed more than others...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]
IMHO, M11/9s were, and still are to some degree, the best kept secret in the (non-collector) MG world.

Lage has changed the platform in the most wonderful way for guys and gals who actually enjoy shooting MGs in usable configurations at the range or in competition. That isn't to say other MGs aren't worth shooting and collecting. But without him and his products, the M11 market wouldn't be nearly what it is, or what it will be. I would have exactly zero interest in the platform without his offerings. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Who else has literally resurrected a transferable that few paid attention to because of its lack of usability into a versatile, modern SMG/MG that can compete (albeit not in a historically significant way) with the others available?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
IMHO, M11/9s were, and still are to some degree, the best kept secret in the (non-collector) MG world.

Lage has changed the platform in the most wonderful way for guys and gals who actually enjoy shooting MGs in usable configurations at the range or in competition. That isn't to say other MGs aren't worth shooting and collecting. But without him and his products, the M11 market wouldn't be nearly what it is, or what it will be. I would have exactly zero interest in the platform without his offerings. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Who else has literally resurrected a transferable that few paid attention to because of its lack of usability into a versatile, modern SMG/MG that can compete (albeit not in a historically significant way) with the others available?
View Quote
Agreed, the first thing I did was strip mine M11 and rebuild with lage parts and a K upper. The original parts in a cardboard box somewhere in basement, they will only see the light of day when I sell it many years from now. I would venture to say 75% of the macs current value is a direct result of the availability of lage products, without them these heavy hunks of steel might only be worth a couple grand.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Im #22 on the 11/15 list, Ive seen people selling their spots in line
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Im #22 on the 11/15 list, Ive seen people selling their spots in line
View Quote
Mines for sale. I got in when they were estimating prices would be half of what they are.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Mines for sale. I got in when they were estimating prices would be half of what they are.
View Quote
Have they actually been selling?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know of one spot in the 20s that sold for $750 (or so). I was asking $500 or trade for a lage .22 conversion or .300 blackout ammo.

(not a for sale post )
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Thats wild
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know of one spot in the 20s that sold for $750 (or so). I was asking $500 or trade for a lage .22 conversion or .300 blackout ammo.

(not a for sale post )
View Quote
Richard is no longer allowing this. Now it's only the person who is originally on the list who can buy the Max-11/15. If you had a name swapped out before this week, I think it's ok.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Richard is no longer allowing this. Now it's only the person who is originally on the list who can buy the Max-11/15. If you had a name swapped out before this week, I think it's ok.
View Quote
To add on to this. When Richard gets ATF’s approval then “First batch will be 20 to prove out the manufacturing process, then batches of 50 or more per month.” There are currently 800 people on the waiting list
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#39]
John @ NFASales just emailed me, he's got a transferable SWD M11/9 available if anyone's looking.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I made out ok, that said the backup plan was just to go through with the purchase and ship it to the guy who bought it from me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I made out ok, that said the backup plan was just to go through with the purchase and ship it to the guy who bought it from me.
View Quote
That's what I figured. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used one, in 2023...
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm 60 something on the list...

holy smoly coming up soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Lage said they arent going to release either version until they get approved or dissaproved for the IRM, Im #22 and Im hoping the IRM gets approved!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top