Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:50:38 AM EDT
Just found out my M11/9 was approved and will be at my local gun range in a few days (First Form 4 got approved in 2.5 months!)

Need to decide on which lage upper to get. Ive got it narrowed down to the Max-11k but cant decide between the permanently attached K grip or the Mod 1 with the picatinny rail.

Is it worth buying the Mod 1 to be able to swap out different vertical grips? I cant imagine what other grips or other accessories I would ever use on such a short upper like that. Its not like im going to mount a bipod lol

EDIT: there is no difference in price.

Picture for reference.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
How much more for the mod 1?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't get the K.  Either the MK1 or MK2   Also get on the waiting list for the Max15 .556 upper.  

I have the Max10 and MK2 for my my Mac-10/9

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No difference in price

Quoted:
I won't get the K.  Either the MK1 or MK2   Also get on the waiting list for the Max15 .556 upper.  

I have the Max10 and MK2 for my my Mac-10/9

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14209/max1031-297900.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14209/mac109-296674.jpg
Why no love or the K model?

I already have an M16 so im not going to bother with the Max11/15, cool concept but no need for it. Now if they come out with a 308 upper for the M11/9 I would be very interested, as that is currently the only caliber I am missing for full auto. Well that and 50 BMG, but there isn't a range within 100 miles where I could shoot that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I would get the Mod 1 then.  I would probably just put a vfg on it, but then I could pick the angle for the grip.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would get the Mod 1 then.  I would probably just put a vfg on it, but then I could pick the angle for the grip.
View Quote
Yeah I don't get the fixed grip.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted Mod 1.

I actually sent my K back in to Lage to get it converted to a Mod 1. They did for a small fee, now I can run whatever grip I want, or none at all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I voted Mod 1.

I actually sent my K back in to Lage to get it converted to a Mod 1. They did for a small fee, now I can run whatever grip I want, or none at all.
View Quote
What grip do you normally run?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the normal Lage; I didn't like it and sold it.  Made it shoot soooo slow.  Might as well bought a SW76 or some crappy tube gun.

I also thought it was too large; with the speed bolt option and the K-version I'm thinking about jumping in again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had the normal Lage; I didn't like it and sold it.  Made it shoot soooo slow.  Might as well bought a SW76 or some crappy tube gun.

I also thought it was too large; with the speed bolt option and the K-version I'm thinking about jumping in again.  
View Quote
Yeah im usually prefer MGs with a higher rate of fire, especially if they have low recoil and are easy to control. But low fire can be fun and gives you more trigger time, also new shooters seem to enjoy it more.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll mark today on my calendar. Someone with a Mac said "crappy tube gun."

OP, I've always thought the upper with the VFG seems more appealing, but it seems like most people who own them prefer the version without the VFG.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I vote K grip.  It looks so right on the max11 upper, not to mention it is very comfortable.  It takes the cramped feeling away from the small space between the trigger and vfg.  It is the best vfg for the Lage uppers.  By the way, the rof on the k version is like 750rpm so not slow by any means.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What grip do you normally run?
View Quote
Unfortunately none at the moment, the ATF hasn't approved the Form 4! I have the Lage short upper, factory upper, Lage 22 kit (modified for suppressor), and Lage Suomi upper all sitting in the safe waiting for the frame to get approved.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Had both. Mod 1, hands down.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Get goggles, dam smoke burns eye balls!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top