Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 9:45:27 AM EDT
I haven't shot this much and still like the complete "unnecessary-ness" of the RPM so I don't want to get a Lage upper yet....

Just looking for a forward grip, the usmachgun one is nice, just wondering if that's the only option?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I haven't shot this much and still like the complete "unnecessary-ness" of the RPM so I don't want to get a Lage upper yet....

Just looking for a forward grip, the usmachgun one is nice, just wondering if that's the only option?
View Quote

I like a can or fake can.

The 45 is controllable in stock form
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
....he's right, you know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I completely agree on it being controllable stock and prefer it, but I'd like a foregrip if someone that's never shot it wants to take a stab at it
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
use a two handed grip on the pistol grip

unless there is a suppressor on the gun, there is no reason to put your weak hand forward

that's a movie thing, holding a MAC10 (a big pistol) like an UZI (a tiny rifle)
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

unless there is a suppressor on the gun, there is no reason to put your weak hand forward

View Quote
I'm sure you've been around longer than me, I'm a 30 year old with a fresh M10, but shooting 2 handed like that would be awkward I think (ill give it a try) and I cant see how that would be accurate at all unless you have huge hands. But then again I'm not shooting this thing stock for extreme accuracy.

I'm not a fan of the foregrip at all, when I see them at 3-gun on an AR it physically makes me mad but this is a different situation
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I completely agree on it being controllable stock and prefer it, but I'd like a foregrip if someone that's never shot it wants to take a stab at it
View Quote
For a new shooter I love my bowers cac 45 can, with the griptastic cover.

for very small women and children I'll get behind them and reach around hold the can and press on their back. So they are going nowhere and the muzzle is staying aimed in a save direction. 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For a new shooter I love my bowers cac 45 can, with the griptastic cover.

for very small women and children I'll get behind them and reach around hold the can and press on their back. So they are going nowhere and the muzzle is staying aimed in a save direction. 
View Quote
This is going to sound stupid, and if you have half a brain and are used to shooting pistol cans you know to keep them tight and always check them, but I've had cans loosen on me before and it scares me thinking of a semi new shooter (at least new MG shooter) holding a can that possibly was loose on the last thread and it working its way off while shooting, not sure if that makes sense.

I know this will never happen to me, I am OCD about checking and I know holding it keeps it from unscrewing obviously but IF it were on the last thread just hanging on and someone pulled the trigger and that last part came off who knows what would happen, nothing good though. I would consider if they locked like the ASR or even better a MAAD type mount that would be great, especially since when shooting pistol you dont hold the can. ETA: I forgot you guys are probably using 3-lug )

Aside from that, I feel like the huge cans take away from the beauty of the fat mac compact pistol fun, some of those mac10 cans literally make them feel like you're shooting a rifle, just personal preference I guess
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody (ftfindustries?) makes a slotted barrel extension that has a vertical fore grip (VFG) on the underside for the M10/45 thread pattern barrel.

Also, IIRC somebody used to make and may still make a muzzle brake type barrel extension with an MP5K pattern (i.e., VFG with integral handstop) VFG but I'm not sure if the M10/45 barrel thread is/was made.  IIRC, the muzzle brake type extensions generally use a lock nut to keep the brake slots positioned properly.

Even if a shooter failed to hold on to the VFG while shooting with of either of the above options, I'd guess that the weight of the VFG may keep the extension from loosening and unscrewing more than a small arc.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is going to sound stupid, and if you have half a brain and are used to shooting pistol cans you know to keep them tight and always check them, but I've had cans loosen on me before and it scares me thinking of a semi new shooter (at least new MG shooter) holding a can that possibly was loose on the last thread and it working its way off while shooting, not sure if that makes sense.
View Quote
Gemtech Viper. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well ill be damned if that's not exactly / "kind of" what I was looking for.. When I googled it though it seems fairly old, seems like technology has to have come VERY far since then but ill have to look into it
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

first of all, go over to UZITALK.com, they know everything

second, that coarse thread on the stock M10 barrel will indeed unscrew as the gun fires

guns vibrate violently as they are fired and that's why they have so few screws

I have the large CAC9 which is a great can for M10, but it loved to unscrew

some guys use plumbers tape to tighten it up

with the stock out and a large subgun can on it, the gun becomes a little rifle and holding it with the weak hand on the can is most natural

helps support the weight of the can as well.

so the unscrewing problem really disappears when you shoot it like a rifle, it's not a big deal
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sure you've been around longer than me, I'm a 30 year old with a fresh M10, but shooting 2 handed like that would be awkward I think (ill give it a try) and I cant see how that would be accurate at all unless you have huge hands. But then again I'm not shooting this thing stock for extreme accuracy.

I'm not a fan of the foregrip at all, when I see them at 3-gun on an AR it physically makes me mad but this is a different situation
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lay your M10 down next to a S&W 44 mag N frame

they are about the same size

without the can on it, the M10 is just a big clunky pistol

extend the stock and fire the gun from your shoulder using a classic revolver two handed grip.  use the peep sight, it works good once it's dialed in

try it

I could no kidding shoot 3" groups at 25 yards with my stock M10 9mm

It's a very good gun, a lot better than the gun shop bubbas think

shooting it without the stock extended is pretty hard

lots of muzzle climb no matter what you try

I would absolutely not put my hand an inch or two from the muzzle, you are asking for a hole in your hand

plus it's an awkward grip on that tiny gun

with the big old subgun can on it, handle it like a little rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top