Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 9:28:32 AM EDT
I picked up my m10/45 yesterday (its a beauty) and the mags looks like GG mags (I think).. How do I tell if this has a modified mag catch/release on it? It sticks down maybe an inch and when I google M10 it seems like maybe the OEM one is up in there?

The reason I ask is because it came with 4 mags and I may not switch the mag release... for now at least, but if its already modified Ill just buy more GG mags

If I have a friend with GG mags can I test one in it and if it fits its a modified mag catch or do I have to test fire to tell?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to know this answer but for got..

Are your mags cut? 

Look for a cut on the rear where the catch grabs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Friend gave me a few GG mags and I got antsy and tried cutting the notch in one (I know it doesn't look great ) and it fits snug and clips just like the factory mag. Cycling the bolt feels about the same with the GG mag I did and the factory Cobray mag so I assume it not hitting anything and they both have about the same amount of play in the mag well (not saying there is any really, but they're both the same)

If these cycle fine at the range am I good to go? Want to make sure I'm not missing something that can cause some damage if I cut too much / too little

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:30:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've installed the extended release lever which I thought worked with both modified and unmodified GG mags. Check them out at Practical Solutions.
Paddle release
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've installed the extended release lever which I thought worked with both modified and unmodified GG mags. Check them out at Practical Solutions.
Paddle release
View Quote
"This paddle release is designed to fit the .45 guns and will allow the use of unmodified Grease Gun magazines"

I found out the hard way many moons ago, but maybe they changed their design since. I'm using one of the dual stepped "cobray" catches, that do indeed work with modded and unmodded mags. I think I only own a few modded mags, and my 10 rnd mag is modded. No point having a Mak-Skatter if you don't have a working 10rnd mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top