Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 4:58:25 PM EDT
Hey guys, I recently scooped up a almost new transferable m-11/9 and went ahead and bought the lage mk2 upper and his 22 conversion for the stock upper. My question is, does anyone make a heat shield for the larger thread pattern on the stock upper? I'm looking to run the stock upper with the .22 conversion exclusively with my dead air mask but would love to have some type of handguard to cover the barrel and majority of the 22 silencer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Edited response:

Is the Dead Air Mask suppressor full auto rated?  I would check with them before I used it in any full auto application.

Best of luck with your M11/9!

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes sir it is. I believe its actually belt fed rated for 22lr.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes sir it is. I believe its actually belt fed rated for 22lr.
View Quote
Good.  That's impressive, in fact.  When I was looking at .22 suppressors several (well, maybe four or five) years ago, only a hand full were rated for full auto use and they tended to be large and heavy.

I assume you plan on having the barrel threaded 1/2-28 at the end for mounting the .22 suppressor.  To make a heat shield that fits over the suppressor, what I'd look into is seeing if it were possible to modify a M11/9 barrel extension that has an integral vented (holes or slots) shroud, of which there are several vendors.  If one can be found with a shroud section having large enough internal clearance for the suppressor, the barrel extension might be modified to work.  The modification would probably require cutting off the shroud at the rear where the large thread mount section is, cutting the "guts" out of the extension part, and welding the shroud back on to the large thread mount section.

If muzzle blast is a concern, instead of a barrel extension with integral shroud, perhaps a barrel extension fake suppressor could be modified in a similar manner.

Again, best of luck and enjoy!

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This is exactly what I need. THANKS!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Who are you having thread your 22 conversion barrel? They are only about 0.34" OD which will require and adapter of some sort to get up to 1/2x28 threads.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#8]
shoot the m11/9 like a large handgun, with a two-handed grip

because it's a large handgun

don't shoot it with the weak hand forward like they do with MACs in the movies

there is no earthly reason to hold the gun that way

putting your hand 1 inch away from a gun muzzle is a bad idea and it's a poor grip for a handgun
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who are you having thread your 22 conversion barrel? They are only about 0.34" OD which will require and adapter of some sort to get up to 1/2x28 threads.
View Quote
I think I'm going to have TROS do the work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
shoot the m11/9 like a large handgun, with a two-handed grip

because it's a large handgun

don't shoot it with the weak hand forward like they do with MACs in the movies

there is no earthly reason to hold the gun that way

putting your hand 1 inch away from a gun muzzle is a bad idea and it's a poor grip for a handgun
View Quote
I appreciate the advice, but my m11 stock upper will have the lage fixed stock and will always be run with a 6" QD silencer attatched to the barrel under the quad rail. I am toying with adding a forward mount red dot sight to the quad rail for fun.

My normal set up will be the fixed stock with a Lage max 11 mk2 upper and omega 9k plus red dot sight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think I'm going to have TROS do the work.
View Quote
I dropped mine off yesterday at a gun machinist in La Porte. It'll be done in a month or two as long as the hurricane doesn't wash it all away. I spec'd a custom adapter of my own design so if it looks dumb I know who to blame. I'll let you know how it turns out when I pick it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top