Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2017 7:18:07 AM EDT
New to MGs, but I am familiar with NFA items ... have a line on a local (and relatively cheap) MK760. Not a ton of info online about these as far as "reviews" of them. Plenty of vids of people just shooting them.

Anyone here with any experience with one, especially long term experience? And how hard are mags to find?

Thanks for any insight.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The only experience I had with one was helping a friend try to get his running right.  You could count on a stoppage every 10 rds.  His tube had the slightest bend, but it was the culprit.   Cost him 800.00 to get it right.  Ran like a scalded ape once he got it back.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at them but ended up buying a pair of M10/9s instead.  Lage makes them so much more of a better gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Mags are easily modified from Suomi stick mags.  If you can see it run or better yet test drive and she runs good get it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a reasonable amount of rounds through them.

They run really well in general and are comfy shooters, but every one I have handled has a hell of a lot of stock wobble.

I would say they are nice, no frills machine guns that get the job done at a fair price point. As a bonus I have always though that are very well balanced (not front heavy like a lage equipped MAC).
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I had 1 for about 10 years give or take, and loved it.  I bought 10 Swedish K (M45) mags and modified the ones that needed it.  Great little gun, fun toy to play with.  Also, a great starter gun to NFA, which mine was.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one for a few years and shot thousand of rounds through it before I ran out of places to shoot it.

Magazines. Two options. Get a smith to alter the 760 to fit the mags or get a supply of mags and modify them to fit the gun. Your gun, your choice. I don't think you will be able to find an original mag for the gun. I ran across one at the gun show once. The seller wanted $250.00 for it.

When shooting, keep your hands off the magazine. Any movement while shooting and it will malfunction.

Find a source of parts and a Smith if you don't have one already. IIRC, BWE Firearms is an 07/02 with a good reputation.

Use a buffer at the back of the recoil spring. Watch the rear pin hole for "ovaling". Constant pounding on the rear of the receiver pin will cause the pin hole to oval and create bigger problems.

The 76 and 760 were originally designed for use with hot subgun ammo and come with a 20# recoil spring. After doing some reading, I found that normal powered ammo could be used if you used a 16# spring. Cheaper ammo and less wear and tear on the gun.

Use jacketed bullets. I shot some lead reloads out of mine. Didn't take long for barrel leading.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mags are easily modified from Suomi stick mags.  If you can see it run or better yet test drive and she runs good get it.
View Quote
Soumi mags are the way to go. My dealer told me that the guns run well, but that the manufacture never made any decent mags for it. A minute or 2 with a file and the soumi mag fits the 760 mag well.
I got it off gunbroker from a dealer in Maryland who said it was ammo finicky and he only had 1 mag that was just so-so.( soumi mags became available while I was waiting for my paperwork to clear.) With the soumi mags it will run Blazer, Tula and any other ammo I have laying around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top