Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When was that? They now have a new owner as of about a year ago
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, shop at your own risk. Cajun Country Arms stiffed me $710 for a set of their semi auto m60 rails. Cashed money order, never sent any product.
When was that? They now have a new owner as of about a year ago
I ordered a set of semi auto rails from them back in 8/2016.
Their ad at the time was misleading, as it shown that they had a limited number of "high quality" rail sets left from a previously made batch.

After not receiving the rails in a reasonable amount of time, it took several emails to get him to reply back. No phone number provided on the web sight should have been a red flag for me.

Anyhow, he said that his shop had been flooded out from the bad weather that the area had that summer, and his machinery wasn't up and operating yet.
I did my best to keep my patience with him considering his misfortune with the weather.
It took five months to receive the rail set.
When received, the rail set had a few machining flaws in them that I wasn't happy with.
I let him know of my displeasure with the quality of the machine work, but, with no other source for semi auto rails, I kept them.

Hopefully the new owner will do better. as I would be interested in the sear block, and secondary trigger set.
Hey, I see that the website has changed, AND they have a phone number to actually talk to them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
FYI, shop at your own risk. Cajun Country Arms stiffed me $710 for a set of their semi auto m60 rails. Cashed money order, never sent any product.
View Quote
Interesting that you mention that. I bought a set of FA rails (Post sample gun) from them in May of 2016. Supposedly left over from projects ($550 If I remember). I got a consistent run around from them about having to make new ones, and something in the guys eye, materials etc. I did have the guys # at the time and he took it off the website as he was supposedly getting a lot of "hate calls" due to his business. After several calls over about 4 or 5 months he sent me a set of rails. I was pissed as these were the same rails from Sarco for about $200 with a bow in them and no ejector port machined. These were supposed to be ready to install. Of course i couldn't get a hold of him afterwards. I wound up using them to build my postie but that left one bad taste after that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a little over a year ago. Got a lot of conflicting stories from a Merlin and a Betty. Contacted the local PD, the DA there wouldn't press charges as their argument was that I cancelled my order and no refund for custom orders. Took it in the shorts. Crowley PD case number (16-04274) so you know I'm not BSing. Figured the law didn't solve my problem, so maybe the boards will bring karma/ justice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I heard the flood story too. Glad you at least got your rails.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It was a little over a year ago. Got a lot of conflicting stories from a Merlin and a Betty. Contacted the local PD, the DA there wouldn't press charges as their argument was that I cancelled my order and no refund for custom orders. Took it in the shorts. Crowley PD case number (16-04274) so you know I'm not BSing. Figured the law didn't solve my problem, so maybe the boards will bring karma/ justice.
View Quote
Yeah the shop has a new owner as of about 9-12 months ago. the new owners name is John. Although a little slow to answer emails they have been legit, so far. I sent my semi rails to him to fix (bought from previous owners) they were out of spec and badly bowed. He also did the JRW mods to my bolt and op rod. I should be able to comment more when I receive everything back next week. Like I said so far so good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah the shop has a new owner as of about 9-12 months ago. the new owners name is John. Although a little slow to answer emails they have been legit, so far. I sent my semi rails to him to fix (bought from previous owners) they were out of spec and badly bowed. He also did the JRW mods to my bolt and op rod. I should be able to comment more when I receive everything back next week. Like I said so far so good.
View Quote
Yes, please let us know how things look whenever you receive the parts back.

What was his quote for the bolt and op rod semi modifications?
Pretty simple machining needs done, but I don't think that my mill is rigid enough for hardened steel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, please let us know how things look whenever you receive the parts back.

What was his quote for the bolt and op rod semi modifications?
Pretty simple machining needs done, but I don't think that my mill is rigid enough for hardened steel.
View Quote
He charged me $250 to fix my rails, the mods to the bolt and op rod, cut the slot in the channel for the trigger link and the link that goes from the trigger link to the secondary trigger pack.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds to me like that’s a smokin’ deal.... although the rails shouldn’t have ever needing fixing. But otherwise sounds good. Post pics of the work if possible.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Just an update on my parts...

Fu@%!ng usps lost my parts!! I am devastated to say the least
click me
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh no
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
@DS11M  I just reread your side thread. I feel for ya. I would’ve stroked out too ?? These builds are especially slow given the nature of the process. Any delay is painful to say the least. I have faith your parts will show up. Let us know when they do.....l and LOTS of pics please
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Dang, that sucks.

Please keep up posted.

Why did you need to send the trunnion?
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dang, that sucks.

Please keep up posted.

Why did you need to send the trunnion?
View Quote
Because I didnt know if the trunion or the rails were out of spec, turns out it was the rails.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be interested in how yours turns out. I sent my parts to BFP, took almost a year to get the parts moded ie, bolts and oprods, and furnish striker blocks for the bolts, new hardened JRW rails ($1400 a set), bouight a trunnion for a guy in Florida for $1k and now waiting on a promise from him to get me semi auto parts to finish. It's only been  3 years.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top