User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for one as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Patience is going to be hard for me. But hey, whats one more since I'm already waiting on another related thing needing paperwork to be freed from NFA jail.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nikonov:
Patience is going to be hard for me. But hey, whats one more since I'm already waiting on another related thing needing paperwork to be freed from NFA jail.
https://i.imgur.com/lWqoi2h.jpg
View Quote

These are available for commercial market?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:

These are available for commercial market?
View Quote

They were for a brief period on Gunbroker a few months ago, yes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]

They were for a brief period on Gunbroker a few months ago, yes.
View Quote

Do you have a subcal insert or anything cool to shoot with it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:

Do you have a subcal insert or anything cool to shoot with it?
View Quote

Nothing yet...would love to have something equivalent to the 40mm chalk rounds. But so far for functioning PG-7 rockets, they are like trying to find HE/HEDP 40mm grenades. There are a few businesses that have them, but they are reluctant to sell them to individuals.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: millertime23] [#7]
I just listed my Czech sub cal  on GunBroker not too long ago, for anyone who needs it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/933132788
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By millertime23:
I just listed my Czech sub cal  on GunBroker not too long ago, for anyone who needs it.

View Quote

Dang! that's going for a pretty penny!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By millertime23:

The bulk of the value is the subcal but he also has a nice Russian launcher, optic, accessory kits, etc as part of the package
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like someone is made some rounds finally!

https://azaoinc.com/shop/ols/products/pg-2-round-for-rpg-2-rpg-7-launchers
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Projectinfinity:
Good morning everybody, I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop, apparently the Hungarian government won’t let just 10 go, they want a larger shipment. I’m waiting on a response of what the minimum number is.

If it’s anything over 20 this gets real dicey from a financial standpoint, and I’d probably have to start taking preorder deposits.

Let’s give it another week or two until I get their minimum number.

If this actually does happen I don’t want to delude/mislead anybody into thinking these will be cheap, my cost isn’t yet determined but from a pure shipping perspective containers are up nearly 4 times what it was in 2019.

Tldr, do not be surprised at a 1,400-1,500 dollar training rocket. However it’s still half compared to some of the Czech ones are going for.
View Quote

Any update on this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Any update on this?
View Quote

Unfortunately yes, the war in Ukraine caused the Hungarian government to restrict surplus sales which effectively killed this. ):
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I'm missing something. But what is the hard part about this? It looks like a stripped AK barrel, an aluminum housing, and a tiny mechanism to take the vertical force from the RPG hammer and convert it to a horizontal force to the x39 primer.

I would think this would be a fairly simple device to remake even if just from pictures let alone the people that actually have them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By new21022:
Maybe I'm missing something. But what is the hard part about this? It looks like a stripped AK barrel, an aluminum housing, and a tiny mechanism to take the vertical force from the RPG hammer and convert it to a horizontal force to the x39 primer.

I would think this would be a fairly simple device to remake even if just from pictures let alone the people that actually have them.
View Quote

It really shouldn't be hard to replicate. Be nice if someone loaned theirs to copy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#15]

View Quote

There’s more to it than you would imagine. The yellow portion that covers up with barrel and makes it still looks like an RPG warhead may be a lighter metal but the rest of it is solid machined steel. And the barrel is probably originally made like an AK barrel, but it’s a little bit different in the chamber area so you would have to probably machine that separately and then thread that back onto the rear of an AK barrel.  The barrel itself is also held with an adjustment mechanism that fits perfectly inside the back half of the empty “warhead“ section and the hole in the middle of that adjustment piece fits perfectly over that section of the barrel without any play.  And the firing mechanism itself isn’t really a mechanism that transfers to motion/energy of the original firing pin. Rather its a striker type assembly and the original RPG firing pin basically just hit a button on the bottom that acts on the sear to release the striker.

It could definitely get done, but there are a lot of pieces and parts that would have to be machined from the ground up or you would have to come up with a simpler, more crude design, and make it from scratch.  Either is a good solution. You could probably sell them for enough to easily cover your costs if you made a run of at least 10 to 20.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#16]
I used to have one.

Mine was essentially a bolt action rifle disguised to look like an PG7 (and different from the Czech units).  The 'trigger' was a lever on the side of the 'projectile' that aligned with the firing pin on the launcher.  The firing pin 'pulled the trigger', so to speak.  The bolt had a folding lever (cool), and the barrel was rifled with super deep rifling to reduce the velocity of a standard tracer to the same velocity (or perhaps trajectory) as a PG7 projectile (super cool).  It also had a fake launch motor so the manual of arms was identical to an HE round once the 7.62 round was locked and loaded in the sub-cal unit.

I'd love to get one that I can use in an RPG2 (which is what I have now).  I'll end up making one if I can't buy one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikonov] [#17]
Originally Posted By agb104983:

There’s more to it than you would imagine. The yellow portion that covers up with barrel and makes it still looks like an RPG warhead may be a lighter metal but the rest of it is solid machined steel. And the barrel is probably originally made like an AK barrel, but it’s a little bit different in the chamber area so you would have to probably machine that separately and then thread that back onto the rear of an AK barrel.  The barrel itself is also held with an adjustment mechanism that fits perfectly inside the back half of the empty “warhead“ section and the hole in the middle of that adjustment piece fits perfectly over that section of the barrel without any play.  And the firing mechanism itself isn’t really a mechanism that transfers to motion/energy of the original firing pin. Rather its a striker type assembly and the original RPG firing pin basically just hit a button on the bottom that acts on the sear to release the striker.

It could definitely get done, but there are a lot of pieces and parts that would have to be machined from the ground up or you would have to come up with a simpler, more crude design, and make it from scratch.  I was a good solution. You could probably sell them for enough to easily cover your costs if you made a run of at least 10 to 20.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/620EE95B-6631-45FA-85BD-E217A1513E5D_jpe-2675509.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/970F5B32-6AC8-4F5B-BA07-C92D20A747AF_jpe-2675510.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/8A77B11D-1491-44B2-8CF8-C587FB282AE8_jpe-2675514.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/B0C8B6F3-940A-4937-B281-5370F74D2A84_jpe-2675511.JPG
View Quote

I hope someone does make a run
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#18]
He's right, had three of the Czech trainers at one point. It would probably cost less to import more than to make them here (and that's saying alot as they sold for crazy money at auction). Also while cool as hell you basically end up with a single shot 7.62x39 destructive device. If I can dig out pictures of the ones I had and there's interest I'll post them. Had the crate for them too.

It could definitely get done, but there are a lot of pieces and parts that would have to be machined from the ground up or you would have to come up with a simpler, more crude design, and make it from scratch.  I was a good solution. You could probably sell them for enough to easily cover your costs if you made a run of at least 10 to 20.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/620EE95B-6631-45FA-85BD-E217A1513E5D_jpe-2675509.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/970F5B32-6AC8-4F5B-BA07-C92D20A747AF_jpe-2675510.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/8A77B11D-1491-44B2-8CF8-C587FB282AE8_jpe-2675514.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97614/B0C8B6F3-940A-4937-B281-5370F74D2A84_jpe-2675511.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Rather its a striker type assembly and the original RPG firing pin basically just hit a button on the bottom that acts on the sear to release the striker.
View Quote

Ah, yea that makes more sense. I start with VZ 58 parts, x39 striker ready to go!

The folding bolt action sounds cool. EOD, did you move from an RPG-7 to an RPG-2? I don't know enough about them, but I assume a 7 is better than a 2?

As to the DD of it all, the round wouldn't be a DD right? The launcher is, but this seems like it would be a firearm only.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Ah, yea that makes more sense. I start with VZ 58 parts, x39 striker ready to go!

The folding bolt action sounds cool. EOD, did you move from an RPG-7 to an RPG-2? I don't know enough about them, but I assume a 7 is better than a 2?

As to the DD of it all, the round wouldn't be a DD right? The launcher is, but this seems like it would be a firearm only.
View Quote

It shouldn't be a DD. I do wonder if it counts as an SBR though? The barrel looks to be shorter than 16"
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#21]

It shouldn't be a DD. I do wonder if it counts as an SBR though? The barrel looks to be shorter than 16"
View All Quotes

Not sure the exact situation as to why they are not but apparently they are not. I think when Numrich first imported them, and sold them they were sold basically as uppers or something I heard, so no FFL needed for purchase. By the time I bought one from Morgan Marshall at ati/ordnance.com, it had to be sold on a transfer to an FFL, but it was classified as a “firearm” rather than handgun or long gun.  I think it’s in a weird area, where it almost falls under an upper classification because it’s not able to be fired by hand.  The only way you could possibly fire it outside of a launcher is if you held it tightly, pushed down the safety lever that is usually depressed by the tube itself, and then used a punch or something to push down on the firing pin button.  Someone could probably fire a handgun slide on its own just as easily as you could fire one of these on its own.

And technically the rear section that replicates where the booster charge would be can screw off of the subcal, and that makes it under 26 inches if that matters to the ATF or not.  If for some reason the ATF suddenly decided that they wanted to re-classify them as SBR’s, I don’t think most owners would really have too much of an issue with that since $200 is a drop in the bucket compared to what these cost now.  PITA? yes but life would go on.  If someone was going to make new ones from scratch or something like that, I would definitely go with 16 inches because if the original barrel is short, it’s not short by much so practically it wouldn’t really matter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like someone is made some rounds finally!

https://azaoinc.com/shop/ols/products/pg-2-round-for-rpg-2-rpg-7-launchers
View Quote

Yep. He is making quite a few of them as fast as he can.

Gotta email to order and they may not be shipping yet. But I've seen pics of a rack full of projectiles
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:28:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nikonov] [#23]
The pace that the DD world moves
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:39:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nikonov] [#24]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
FEG in Budapest has hundreds of Trainer rounds that takes the Ak round like the Czech but none of the importers wanted it at the price we asked for it as that is what the government charged us in Hungary.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190613_130457__1__jpg-2219352.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190613_130548_jpg-2219353.JPG

you insert the round in the back and there is a rifled barrel inside of the rocket.

it works fairly well and is quite accurate.

I displayed this for all importers and even brought one to SHOT as a sample.

ATF says its not a firearm.

all of the importers said their is no or very limited demand.

View Quote

Saw B&T at Shot Show announced they are bringing in SVDs from FEG. Could they bring in these trainers? Or were they one of the importers that said there was a limited demand?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Saw B&T at Shot Show announced they are bringing in SVDs from FEG. Could they bring in these trainers? Or were they one of the importers that said there was a limited demand?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
FEG in Budapest has hundreds of Trainer rounds that takes the Ak round like the Czech but none of the importers wanted it at the price we asked for it as that is what the government charged us in Hungary.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190613_130457__1__jpg-2219352.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190613_130548_jpg-2219353.JPG

you insert the round in the back and there is a rifled barrel inside of the rocket.

it works fairly well and is quite accurate.

I displayed this for all importers and even brought one to SHOT as a sample.

ATF says its not a firearm.

all of the importers said their is no or very limited demand.

Projectinfinity posted this earlier.

Originally Posted By Projectinfinity:

Any update on this?

Unfortunately yes, the war in Ukraine caused the Hungarian government to restrict surplus sales which effectively killed this. ):

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikonov] [#26]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Projectinfinity posted this earlier.

View Quote

I stand corrected, really hoping there's another way to get some in lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately, I'm going to guess not any time soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#28]
If I can get drawings for all the bits I can look into doing a run of the subcal setups.
I've got access to a CNC shop with mills and lathes and also a sheet metal/fabrication shop.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By okent:
If I can get drawings for all the bits I can look into doing a run of the subcal setups.
I've got access to a CNC shop with mills and lathes and also a sheet metal/fabrication shop.
View Quote

@okent
What part of Oklahoma are you in?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Tulsa
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By okent:
Tulsa
View Quote

Well, you’re in luck.  I also live in Tulsa and I have DD RPG-7 and one of the Czech subcal adapters if you were interested in taking a look and taking measurements. I also have some technical diagrams but they’re all in Czech.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#32]

My RPG style warheads, fairly cheap to make and can hold a ton of chalk.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:53:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landsat8] [#33]
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landsat8] [#35]

We need to know more about the subcal thing
View Quote

I made it using a Mossberg 185k in 20 ga that I got for cheap on gunbroker. The receiver has a sleve to make up the difference in diameter with the bore. I also had to weld on a collar/recoil lug to rest around the front of the barrel. The trigger had to be replaced with a custom trigger bar that was actuated by the firing pin. The bolt handle was chopped and I welded on another handle to the back of the bolt that would fit down the barrel. Its made out of a long hex bolt, scrap steel and a few inches off the end of a wooden broom. The whole project was made on a shoe string budget and had quite a bit of trial and error, but it works now. It works great with slugs and birdshot and I even managed to hit a few clays during a round of trap.

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landsat8] [#36]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

I made it using a Mossberg 185k in 20 ga that I got for cheap on gunbroker. The receiver has a sleve to make up the difference in diameter with the bore. I also had to weld on a collar/recoil lug to rest around the front of the barrel. The trigger had to be replaced with a custom trigger bar that was actuated by the firing pin. The bolt handle was chopped and I welded on another handle to the back of the bolt that would fit down the barrel. Its made out of a long hex bolt, scrap steel and a few inches off the end of a wooden broom. The whole project was made on a shoe string budget and had quite a bit of trial and error, but it works now. It works great with slugs and birdshot and I even managed to hit a few clays during a round of trap.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

We need to know more about the subcal thing

I need one of those. I would love to see a write up with more pictures and details on the modifications you made if you’re up for it.  I have a bunch of those 14.5mm (20gauge) artillery subcal spotter slugs so having a 20 gauge subcal would be perfect
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Put me down for one as well
View Quote

I am down for 2 or 3.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top