Link Posted: 3/17/2021 3:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Only took seven months.

https://i.imgur.com/M9fvR06.jpg
View Quote

From V1, right?
Can you share (or even PM me) your order number?
I’m 51160 on Aug21,2020
ETA: did you order on 8/14?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a shipping notification today as well.
My order was for the June 2021 allocation. So I would guess they got a much larger batch in than expected.
Order #114094 made on 10/29/20
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By clayvt:
I got a shipping notification today as well.
My order was for the June 2021 allocation. So I would guess they got a much larger batch in than expected.
Order #114094 made on 10/29/20

Awesome. Mine will be here Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Barrel just showed up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Very nice. I love my 203 with the fab stock. I really want to get a 2nd barrel and cut it down to 9" or so for it
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:51:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clayvt] [#7]
The gun shop called me early this morning to say my 203 had arrived.  
went down there on lunch and picked it up! they were quit confused how it wasn't an NFA item.  said they've transferred plenty of 37mm launchers but had never had a 40 come through. lol

my only question is what are the 4 screw holes (two on either side) on the rear of the receiver for?  right above the firing mech. I'm guessing for come sort of sight attachment?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#8]
What can one shoot out of these?  I assume lobbing grenades isn't legal?  Please tell me I'm wrong!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By clayvt:
my only question is what are the 4 screw holes (two on either side) on the rear of the receiver for?  right above the firing mech. I'm guessing for come sort of sight attachment?
View Quote
Correct.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:00:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#10]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
What can one shoot out of these?  I assume lobbing grenades isn't legal?  Please tell me I'm wrong!
View Quote
It's fine to fire grenades through a registered DD, if one can lawfully obtain them. Manufacturers don't tend to sell them to anyone without a FFL/SOT and FEL (and then only special LE/DD dealers), or the government.

You can Form 1 your own if you're capable of making them.

Each HE round is a DD by itself. You're required to follow the laws regarding HE storage & transportation (whether you hold a FEL/FEP or not). Each state may additionally have its own regs on explosives/grenades. (Federally you don't actually need a FEL/FEP for personal use, but you may want one to facilitate obtaining explosive materials.)

Most people just shoot chalk, flares, smoke, plastic/rubber solid projectiles, and reloadable shotshell or .22 adapters (beehive).
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#12]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
(Federally you don't actually need a FEL/FEP for personal use, but you may want one to facilitate obtaining explosive materials.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
(Federally you don't actually need a FEL/FEP for personal use, but you may want one to facilitate obtaining explosive materials.)

Understatement of the year! Not bad considering it's March.

It's not so much making explosives being the problem but rather making them on-site - including recrystallization as needed - and loading on-site and then firing on-site. It's just easier all around to get the FEL and build a proper magazine.

Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:

Very nice. I love my 203 with the fab stock. I really want to get a 2nd barrel and cut it down to 9" or so for it

I meant to add - should you need a barrel cut down I'm happy to cut/crown one for you. It's a really quick job and some gunsmiths won't touch anything NFA while some would charge $100+ for shortening the aluminum barrel.

DD enthusiasts ought to stick together and you bring a lot to the community.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]
What OAL are you putting?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:27:03 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I put 12” on my F1. Figured with a 9” barrel it should be about right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Form 1 filed on 3/23 and prints mailed the next day just came in my inbox as approved!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerditionAR] [#16]
Finally decided to pull the trigger on an LMT M203 Barrel Mount Receiver (LMP300E) and go the Form 1 Route but can't seem to find one to save my life.  

Any leads for someone who is late to the party?  

Is my best bet to put in a Special Order with V1 Tactical?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PerditionAR:
Finally decided to pull the trigger on an LMT M203 Barrel Mount Receiver (LMP300E) and go the Form 1 Route but can't seem to find one to save my life.  

Any leads for someone who is late to the party?  

Is my best bet to put in a Special Order with V1 Tactical?

Thanks guys!
View Quote

I just placed my special order though V1. I called them first, they answered the phone right away which was nice, and the guy said LMT is delayed in production this year but he said he expects a big update from them next month.

I can't find them in stock anywhere either so I figured I should at least get my order placed, and they had the best price I found as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By emb876:

I just placed my special order though V1. I called them first, they answered the phone right away which was nice, and the guy said LMT is delayed in production this year but he said he expects a big update from them next month.

I can't find them in stock anywhere either so I figured I should at least get my order placed, and they had the best price I found as well.
View Quote
Put my order in a week before yours.  Now we wait.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I just emailed V1 about getting on the train as well, so I’ll update as I hear from them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
#metoo

Hopefully they kick up the production line a little sooner with all these preorders...
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the update from V1. They placed their large bulk order with LMT 3 months ago, but they haven’t even heard back in an allocation date for that yet. They are hoping to hear something within the next 30 days. The guy told me anywhere from 6 - 12 months, so I said let’s get the party started
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Any suggestions on where to order an M203 receiver nowadays?
V1 Tactical is "Special Order" @ $1178.43
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mattnh:
Any suggestions on where to order an M203 receiver nowadays?
V1 Tactical is "Special Order" @ $1178.43
View Quote
Most of us here are using V1 Tactical at the price you quoted above.

So come on in with us I guess.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:
Most of us here are using V1 Tactical at the price you quoted above.

So come on in with us I guess.
View Quote

That's where I got mine from.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, the days of $800 receivers are gone. V1 has the best price I believe. If you don’t want to wait, you can always pay $4k on gunbroker  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Guess I shouldn’t complain about the $890 receives huh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Guess I shouldn't complain about the $890 receives huh?
View Quote
We can take small comfort looking forward to the not too distant future when ~$1200 for a title1 LMT M203 receiver sounds like an enormous screaming deal everyone missed out on back in 2021.  "I wish I woulda bought and registered ten at that price"

Scoff now everyone, believe me later.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#28]
We can take small comfort looking forward to the not too distant future when ~$1200 for a title1 LMT M203 receiver sounds like an enormous screaming deal everyone missed out on back in 2021.  "I wish I woulda bought and registered ten at that price"

Scoff now everyone, believe me later.  

View Quote

So you’re saying I should buy another?
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#29]
So you're saying I should buy another?
View Quote
That's what I did.

Paid like $900 for my first one (2010) and $1200 for my second one (2018). Both standard models. The second one was used (from Dan Shea) and came with LMT's standalone stock assembly and a KAC leaf sight.

No regrets!
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
If I got it right, I can buy the receiver as normal transfer through and FFL, Form 1 it and then buy a 40mm barrel?  Looking to finally jump in the game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#31]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
If I got it right, I can buy the receiver as normal transfer through and FFL, Form 1 it and then buy a 40mm barrel?  Looking to finally jump in the game.
View Quote
Correct. You'll need an approved F1 before possessing the barrel together with a receiver. (You can still buy a barrel in advance though.)

Alternatively, you can have an FFL/SOT order you one complete from LMT, and wait for the F4 transfer to you. (This has been the less expensive way, but takes longer.) Same method if you find a deal on a complete M203 on GunBroker, like I did.

Some sellers will pull the barrel off a complete unit and transfer just the receiver as Title I. Some won't.

Be advised that if the unit was ever a complete M203, it'll already be registered with ATF as a DD, and if the receiver is subsequently transferred as a Title I firearm (to you), you'll really want the former registrant to send a letter to NFA Branch advising the DD has permanently been rendered a Title I firearm.

This will allow any subsequent owner (you) to register it again on Form 1 without complications.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#32]
OK - I'm in for one.
Where can I get an LMT chassis for std receiver?
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]

So you're saying I should buy another?
View Quote
I'm about the worst guy to ask if you don't need anonymous people in your life egging you on to spend your money.

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm about the worst guy to ask if you don't need anonymous people in your life egging you on to spend your money.

View Quote

I’m working on my first belt fed so I might hold off on a second 203
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#35]

I’m working on my first belt fed so I might hold off on a second 203
View Quote

Get both
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know who has the cheapest 9 inch barrel assembly in stock?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if we're going to get an update from V1 Tactical any time soon.

The title 1 receivers have changed from "Special Order" status to "Out of Stock".
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtCowboy] [#38]
aaand it appears calling their numbers ends with "please check your number and dial again".

Uh oh.

EDIT: All is well
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#39]
aaand it appears calling their numbers ends with "please check your number and dial again".

Uh oh.
View Quote

Might be on your end... I called their support number this morning and it went through just fine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

Might be on your end... I called their support number this morning and it went through just fine.
View Quote
It was my end, evidently.  Same number connects now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Found a receiver today at Knob Creek for $1500.  It was jam packed in a case so couldn't tell manufacturer.  Gonna sleep on it tonight on whether I really want to jump in the game now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Found a receiver today at Knob Creek for $1500.  It was jam packed in a case so couldn't tell manufacturer.  Gonna sleep on it tonight on whether I really want to jump in the game now.
View Quote

Fuck that’s expensive
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Fuck that’s expensive
View Quote

Amen.  A little premium to not have to sit and keep waiting I'm not too afraid of, but that was a bit more than I wanted to spend.  Can probably get a few bucks off, but then when I really sit and think about it.  The cost of the game ain't cheap, and how often am I really going to use it.  But then again, it's only money.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder if we're going to get an update from V1 Tactical any time soon.

The title 1 receivers have changed from "Special Order" status to "Out of Stock".
View Quote

Any updates would be good, from their end or LMTs.  Moving across country in a couple months and would like to have my special orders and form 1s and 4s complete prior to the move.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

Any updates would be good, from their end or LMTs.  Moving across country in a couple months and would like to have my special orders and form 1s and 4s complete prior to the move.
View Quote
A few weeks ago I emailed V1 Tactical inquiring that my full deposit was still accounted for and he confirmed it was.  I was afraid that I'd miss a window if LMT opened up special orders for title 1 M203 receivers.

So V1 Tactical made me aware that LMT has a weekly live host stream on YouTube where their customer service rep takes and answers questions.  I have been watching it and the word from LMT is that they're backlogged continuously on all LMT stock due to ongoing supply chain problems.  Well, of course.  Search LMT up on YouTube and let's see if there's any movement on opening m203 orders anytime soon.

Domestic manufactured goods are seriously bottlenecked at every segment of the chain, from raw materials to outsourced work (raw forgings from foundries that LMT contracts with as an example), down through receiving semi finished components, finishing, QA, order fulfillment, etc.

Things remain rough all over and are hitting everything in every market and manufacturing segment.  At least we can observe that LMTs other authorized dealers aren't getting any product that V1 Tactical isn't also getting.  And when LMT stuff does appear, they all seem to be getting it at the same time.

All we can do is stay the course.  I'm right in there along with you all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#46]
There are still plenty of K&M rail mount M203s at the dealer I got mine from for $1199. I can't see why you would wait and pay double for an LMT unless you really don't want the rail mount.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheFaz:
There are still plenty of K&M rail mount M203s at the dealer I got mine from for $1199. I can't see why you would wait and pay double for an LMT unless you really don't want the rail mount.
View Quote

Good option. I went with lmt because I wanted the barrel mount
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

Good option. I went with lmt because I wanted the barrel mount
View Quote

Same, building an as-issued M4.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheFaz:
View Quote
Where and what is this? I can't find any info googling.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Where and what is this? I can't find any info googling.
View Quote

Ditto
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top