Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 8:55:37 AM EDT
I have a 26.5mm DD (registered RV-85).  Odds are that no one makes a 26.5mm .22 Bee Hive round/adaptor, but thought I'd ask.  Although I suppose just shooting 12gr buckshot via my 26.5mm to 12gr adaptor would be just as good or more effective....
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
A little confused on what you are asking.  Every BeeHive round I have seen including the one I have is 40mm.  Every 26.5mm adapter I have seen is so you can launch the smaller rounds out of a 37mm or 40mm.  I doesn't go the other way.  Are you saying you have a 26.5mm launcher?  Maybe I am reading the original post wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen a 26.5 beehive.  I'd imagine that 12 (or 10) gauge buckshot through an adapter would be more effective.

I also have a registered RV85 and am planning on loading shot rounds in spent flare hulls, but have not gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A little confused on what you are asking.  Every BeeHive round I have seen including the one I have is 40mm.  Every 26.5mm adapter I have seen is so you can launch the smaller rounds out of a 37mm or 40mm.  I doesn't go the other way.  Are you saying you have a 26.5mm launcher?  Maybe I am reading the original post wrong.
View Quote
Yes, I have a registered RV85 26.5 mm launcher.  I fire solid "bullets" out of it, turned on a lathe from nylon/plastic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, I have a registered RV85 26.5 mm launcher.  I fire solid "bullets" out of it, turned on a lathe from nylon/plastic.
View Quote
Would you mind PMing me your load data?  (Weight of projectile, powder type and charge, and primer?)
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would you mind PMing me your load data?  (Weight of projectile, powder type and charge, and primer?)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please PM me an email address.  Easier to send the details along with some pics.  I will start getting my data together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting, I also have a registered RV85 but haven't gotten to working on ammo yet.  I sketched out an idea to make baton shaped  rounds out of two pieces of pvc telescoped together and loaded in a turned thick wall case.  I made two cases, but haven't messed with the projos yet.  They could either be sand weighted or filled with a smoke comp.

Please post what you've been doing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Please PM me an email address.  Easier to send the details along with some pics.  I will start getting my data together.
View Quote
PM and email sent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm using the reloadable shells that utilize a 9mm case to hold the powder in the high pressure chamber of the shell.  Instead of buying the copper burst disks, I punch mine out of aluminum cans.  My projectile is lathe turned by a friend out of nylon/some type of polyethylene.  The front of the projectile is rounded and of bore diameter.  The rear half of the projectile is a smaller diameter that fits inside the shell.  The rear is hollow to provide more weight towards the front.  They weigh 600 grains per my digital reloading scale.  

Resize 9mm case.  Prime with small pistol primer.  Charge with 2.9gr Bullseye.  Put a little tuft of paper towel in the case to hold the powder in place.

Insert 4 aluminum disks into the high pressure chamber and then put the 9mm case into the reloadable shell.  The 9mm case rim will stick out of the chamber...that's fine, as it is of the right height to be hit with the RV85 firing pin.  Insert projectile.  Shoot and hope you can find the projectiles to use over again.  Punch out fired 9mm case and start over.

The reloadable shells now sold use a 45acp case, so I suspect my 2.9gr Bullseye load might be too light.  I kept increasing the powder charge and number of discs until the RV85 sound went from a "poof" to a "bang", and the projectile went from a few feet to flying down range.  

I do have some other shells that either use shotgun primers and black powder or small pistol primers and smokeless powder, but have never tried them, as the reloadable shells using the 9mm cases seem easier and perhaps stronger.  Have not tried making smoke or sparkle rounds, as I live on a farm and didn't want any fire danger, as the pasture is surrounded by woods.  i also have a 12 gage adapter for firing shotshells and buckshot.  The company the 12 gage adapter came from required a copy of my Form 1 before they would ship it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top