Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2016 12:55:52 PM EDT
I'm wondering if anyone makes a 37mm that looks and mounts just like the actual 40mm m203.  Everyone I see doesn't look or mount like an actual 203.  Anyone know of an exact replica in 37mm?  I've read thru the forum and it appears the only option is to get an actual m203 receiver and use a 37mm barrel.  

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The old Cobray launchers are close, but not exactly identical to a real M203. A real M203 receiver with a 37mm barrel is the only way I know of if you want a perfect clone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can find one, the RPB steel barrelled launcher mounts close to the barrel. I have one that I had years ago, sold, and bought back when the owner decided to sell it. They are good launchers. Et-Cetera (cobray) mount further from the barrel and use aluminum tubes. GROG
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have a source for 37mm barrels that fit the 203?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

And that source is?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And that source is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

And that source is?

I can't say, because details are not yet public.  Someone has started producing them though.  There will be more information/they will begin sales....soon.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent...will it be announced here?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't say, because details are not yet public.  Someone has started producing them though.  There will be more information/they will begin sales....soon.
View Quote

Interesting, please keep us updated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have found both the Cobray and RPB to suck balls...aesthetically, and/or quality wise.  A 203 with a 37mm barrel is a great answer, if you can swing the buy in... it would be nice if there were some better options.

I do believe that the ATF hates barrels with the extension to re-cock the launcher... meaning they will not approve one to be non-title I if it has an M203 type cocking mechanism (which is why all the 37mm variants have the external cocking handles)... FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will circulate like wildfire when it is released. I'm sure it will make the rounds here too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It will circulate like wildfire when it is released. I'm sure it will make the rounds here too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[borat] I am very excite! [/borat]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since Shivak stopped making them, there's a BIG Demand
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag I guess
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#14]
...soon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

And that source is?

Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting......................................................
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Tagged up with folks last week. There's a reason it's taking some time. It will be yuge!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Middle/end of August, yes?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
"big demand" and anything 37/40mm might be pushing the limits of the definition "big" and "demand". I'd describe it as more of a dedicated niche...

In any event, one has to ask the OP: why? So long as it's 37mm it can't be an "exact" replica of the m203.... So why not just get one of the common/inexpensive 37mm units and be happy? Is it all about the looks? To reach their own, but I struggle with the logic!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I asked Scot the other day. He's not doing 37mm at this point, only the rifled 40mm. Sadly, if we've got the same person in mind, you may be mistaken.

Quoted:
"big demand" and anything 37/40mm might be pushing the limits of the definition "big" and "demand". I'd describe it as more of a dedicated niche...

In any event, one has to ask the OP: why? So long as it's 37mm it can't be an "exact" replica of the m203.... So why not just get one of the common/inexpensive 37mm units and be happy? Is it all about the looks? To reach their own, but I struggle with the logic!

In this line of thinking, the Tac-D 37mm is the best/closest m203 copy on the market these days. No giant handle sticking out the side, extremely solid 7075-T6 and hardened 4140 construction. Even has stand alone mounts available.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure what the purpose of the bipod is, but that wood stocked 37 is kind of bad ass. Sorta like the m79s red headed step kid. lol

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
The bipod is likely there for photo purposes, mostly. That, and it's generally advised not to have a hand on the tube when firing any 37mm/40mm. VFG, bipod, etc., allow you to do still have a decent aim.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Anything on the 37mm barrels yet? That's the only thing holding me back from buying a LMT M203 title 1 receiver.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]
That launcher looks nothing like like an M203.

YUGE announcement not so YUGE.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anything on the 37mm barrels yet? That's the only thing holding me back from buying a LMT M203 title 1 receiver.
View Quote

I'll reach out and ask.  Got sidetracked with a new job and moving and forgot about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll reach out and ask.  Got sidetracked with a new job and moving and forgot about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waiting, waiting, waiting..........................................
Just kidding, I'm more like this

waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like some other projects came in and took priority.  Ballpark is next summer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Is this still in the works?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Hell if I know. They went silent.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hell if I know. They went silent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]
If you want an actual Colt M203 with a 37mm barrel, 200 of these are to be released soon. At $2K, for a real Colt, it's a steal.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_29/284096_Colt-M203-37mm-Grenade-Launchers---Coming-Soon-.html&page=1&anc=3167152#i3167152
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you want an actual Colt M203 with a 37mm barrel, 200 of these are to be released soon. At $2K, for a real Colt, it's a steal.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_29/284096_Colt-M203-37mm-Grenade-Launchers---Coming-Soon-.html&page=1&anc=3167152#i3167152
View Quote
Hey if they're producing 37mm barrels specifically for this small batch of Title 1 203s, perhaps they'll be willing to sell extra 37mm barrels alone. Everybody send them an email asking about this and hopefully they'll do it. That could be our source right there.

Also wouldn't hurt to send LMT an email as well asking for 37mm 203 barrels. The more interest they receive, the more likely they are to do it, as they have already had the idea of offering them for a while now... I sent an inquiry a few weeks ago, and they didn't confirm plans one way or the other, but they may have recommended to keep checking their site...
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey if they're producing 37mm barrels specifically for this small batch of Title 1 203s, perhaps they'll be willing to sell extra 37mm barrels alone. Everybody send them an email asking about this and hopefully they'll do it. That could be our source right there.

Also wouldn't hurt to send LMT an email as well asking for 37mm 203 barrels. The more interest they receive, the more likely they are to do it, as they have already had the idea of offering them for a while now... I sent an inquiry a few weeks ago, and they didn't confirm plans one way or the other, but they may have recommended to keep checking their site...
View Quote
I've been bugging the nice folks at LMT about a 37mm Barrel for some months, maybe they will make a few!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've been bugging the nice folks at LMT about a 37mm Barrel for some months, maybe they will make a few!
View Quote
Excellent! They're one of the only companies selling Title 1 203s... it only makes sense to offer 37mm barrels. Not everyone wants the ball and chain of having an NFA item in their personal arsenal. I like the idea of having a 203 for the sake of my collection, but I don't think an unconstitutional $200 tax, fingerprints, and 12-18 month wait is worth it for the "privilege" of owning something that no one else can touch unless in my immediate presence, and with which the most fun I could have would be shooting chalk rounds (which I couldn't even do anywhere near where I live now anyway). So no thanks. I'd rather just have the 37mm barrel to complete the "look" and call it a day.

Hey LMT folks if you're reading this--offer a 37mm barrel and you'll probably end up selling more 203s anyway! People would be more enticed to sign up for the m203 awesomeness if they didn't have to wait over a year and deal with the NFA hassle just to own one. Let's be honest--people buy these because they're "cool," rare, and collectible--not because there is a whole lot of practical use for them. I'm OK with admitting that, and still happily want one.

Stay calm, and keep bugging LMT for a 37mm 203 barrel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#36]
It's not hard to sleeve a 40mm barrel to 37mm.  Or find someone to do it for u.  

ORF made and sold the older M203 receivers as a title 1.

I picked up 2 new spare colt 12 in 40mm barrels a while ago for my LMT M203 RDD. Friend is going to sleeve the 40 to 37mm for me.

Hope they make more m203 title 1 receivers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's not hard to sleeve a 40mm barrel to 37mm.  Or find someone to do it for u.  

ORF made and sold the older M203 receivers as a title 1.

I picked up 2 new spare colt 12 in 40mm barrels a while ago for my LMT M203 RDD. Friend is going to sleeve the 40 to 37mm for me.

Hope they make more m203 title 1 receivers.
View Quote
May be easy for you to say--I don't personally know anyone capable of sleeving a 40mm to 37mm. I already asked ADCO and they said it's not a service they offer. Big surprise there. I swear, people are afraid to touch anything relating to grenade launchers--even non-DD 203 receivers. Just buying the Title 1 receiver was enough of a hassle--my local gun shop basically told me to shove off when I asked them to transfer it. The guy said he didn't care what "Title 1" meant and asked me why I was talking to him. I about felt like a damn criminal for asking. Called up another shop that actually knows some NFA law and it was a totally different story--they said absolutely, no problem.

In light of all this, I'll wait until a legit company like LMT releases a 37mm barrel for the Title 1 203, so I can have the receipt and paper in hand to show the local nosey officer at the range that my 203 isn't a DD. I don't want my property getting indefinitely seized because they need to "investigate" the legality of a sleeved 40mm barrel. The ATF seized that one guy's retro clone lower from US Anodizing because it had an engraved auto sear pin, but they allow Troy to engrave the sear pin holes into their commercially produced retro clone ARs. That's how the ATF operates--arbitrarily. So I'd rather have the legitimacy of a company like LMT to back up my "loophole" non-DD m203 launcher when I inevitably get asked about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I went to the website and it shows out of stock with a price of over $3000 for each one. Did I miss out or has the price jumped?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I went to the website and it shows out of stock with a price of over $3000 for each one. Did I miss out or has the price jumped?
View Quote
.     They have not gone up for sale yet,..Any Day now at the 2k price according to the Dealer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top