BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are Silencer Shop issues they are blaming on the AFT.

Silencer Shops silence tells me everything I need to know.

Dealers are submitting e-file4’s every day.

View Quote

Yet I have had eForm 4 problems every day for F4's NOT from Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh hell no.

I just finished doing fifty odd F4's. I started Saturday at 11am. By 8pm last night I had 20 go through. It took that long because ATF's server kept disconnecting me.
I had 35 to do today and started at 6am CST.....all 35 were ready to certify by 7am.

https://memecrunch.com/meme/7VWQR/you-serious-clark/image.png?w=400&c=1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what’s your advice? Continue to paper file and deal with the Devil we know or

Oh hell no.

wait and hope and wait and pray?

I just finished doing fifty odd F4's. I started Saturday at 11am. By 8pm last night I had 20 go through. It took that long because ATF's server kept disconnecting me.
I had 35 to do today and started at 6am CST.....all 35 were ready to certify by 7am.

Legitimate question, you’re someone I respect around here

https://memecrunch.com/meme/7VWQR/you-serious-clark/image.png?w=400&c=1

A den of debauchery lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So much for their "90 days". I'm sitting on the sideline watching this shit show for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an order from 12/3 still not "ready to certify"

So much for their "90 days". I'm sitting on the sideline watching this shit show for now.

To be fair, ATF clearly stated that their goal of 90 day approvals is for perfected forms.....meaning no mistakes or omissions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Silencer purchased 12/17.

Got a call from the gun shop about 10 minutes ago.  Asked for the login information and said they were doing it right then.  Just got an email from eforms notifying me that the form 4 is submitted/in process.
View Quote

Your dealer asked for your eForms username and password?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your dealer asked for your eForms username and password?
View Quote

Sorry.  They asked for the username.  Not password.  I'm a little confused about how this new process is supposed to work, so I assumed they needed it to reference to my eforms profile?  

I know the guy, so i'm not worried about anything sketchy.  Now I'm thinking I should call him and ask what's going on?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are Silencer Shop issues they are blaming on the AFT.

Silencer Shops silence tells me everything I need to know.

Dealers are submitting e-file4’s every day.

My SS dealer thanked me for being a “guinea pig” and told me next time he thinks we should avoid using SS. He said they “were great before, for paper filing” but not worth the money or hassle vs e-filing it himself. So he feels differently than you. I’m just glad to finally begin the “real wait”. As a customer I feel Silencer Shop could’ve been more upfront and transparent with what they knew about the process, with dealers and customers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one in on January 4th and another one today. We’ll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My SS dealer thanked me for being a “guinea pig” and told me next time he thinks we should avoid using SS. He said they “were great before, for paper filing” but not worth the money or hassle vs e-filing it himself. So he feels differently than you. I’m just glad to finally begin the “real wait”. As a customer I feel Silencer Shop could’ve been more upfront and transparent with what they knew about the process, with dealers and customers.
View Quote

So I wonder if that could inadvertently change the NFA transfer game? If dealer-facilitated eforms is easy, then non-SS may become more popular
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I wonder if that could inadvertently change the NFA transfer game? If dealer-facilitated eforms is easy, then non-SS may become more popular
View Quote

The only thing that's really changed is eForms eliminates an ATF data entry clerk from imputing the info off the paper Form 4.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Just bought a can from Silencershop today. Hoping the process goes smoothly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah good luck with that one
Have you not been reading any of this?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was, that’s why I bought from a local dealer, bought 3 cans and 2 were filed within a week, just waiting on the 3rd one to get filed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Silencer purchased 12/17.

Got a call from the gun shop about 10 minutes ago.  Asked for the login information and said they were doing it right then.  Just got an email from eforms notifying me that the form 4 is submitted/in process.
View Quote

Did you buy from said gun shop? If you say "no l bought it from SS" I'm gonna lose my shit!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, didn't see this thread until today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had two form 4's that needed filing since before the atf eform 4's came online.  I called my dealer (had to go to the dealers shop) and got both of my can's form 4's submitted this afternoon (with the atf confirmation emails).  And Yes, I bought then from Silencer Shop and my dealer used their process.  Sorry to hear all the issues but mine FINALLY were submitted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you buy from said gun shop? If you say "no l bought it from SS" I'm gonna lose my shit!
View Quote

Sorry brah. It’s the latter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Friend of my owns LGS and he said he submits every day with no problems as long as buyer has Eforms PIN.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sure, a dealer can manually input all the information on the Form 4, upload the trust, the photo, the fingerprint, the RP questionnaire and spend time doing that.
OR
He clicks "Prepare" on Silencer Shops software and it's uploaded straight from SS in about a minute.....with no errors.

Errors on eForm 4's get kicked back and unlike the paper F4 can't be fixed. You have to resubmit.

As a dealer, I MUCH prefer Silencer Shop making it easy. I just finished doing two non Silencer Shop F4's and its not much fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's all on ATF, why is it that transfers going through SS can't be submitted, but transfers not going through SS can be e-filed?

Sure, a dealer can manually input all the information on the Form 4, upload the trust, the photo, the fingerprint, the RP questionnaire and spend time doing that.
OR
He clicks "Prepare" on Silencer Shops software and it's uploaded straight from SS in about a minute.....with no errors.

Errors on eForm 4's get kicked back and unlike the paper F4 can't be fixed. You have to resubmit.

As a dealer, I MUCH prefer Silencer Shop making it easy. I just finished doing two non Silencer Shop F4's and its not much fun.

You didn't answer my question.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's all on ATF, why is it that transfers going through SS can't be submitted, but transfers not going through SS can be e-filed?

OR

Yeah, I did.
You missed that part where transfers going through SS ARE going through once the dealers Full Auto is enabled.
You assumed that no Silencer Shop F4's are going through and thats incorrect.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, I did.
You missed that part where transfers going through SS ARE going through once the dealers Full Auto is enabled.
You assumed that no Silencer Shop F4's are going through and thats incorrect.
View Quote

I didn't assume anything about other dealers. I'm only interested in my dealer's lack of access to SS. He is small time and I'm his only SS transfer at the moment. He's only done 12 e-files, none of which were through SS. Maybe he and I are back of the line.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Purchased my YHM Turbo K from SS online on 01-01-22

Form 4 completed and submitted back to SS on 01-01-22

Turbo K arrived at my FFL from SS on 01-10-22

Notified today by my FFL that my Form 4 is ready for submission.  Went to FFL in person an hour later, gave them my ATF account info.

Received email from "eforms.notifications" at 1700 hrs today that my eform has been submitted.  I was given a Permit / Control No., a Reference No., a Submission Date (today) and identifies the form submitted (ATF Form 4). Also provided several different phone #'s for questions.

I know a lot of you are frustrated as I have been keeping up with this thread.  My experiences with SS have always been positive and I'm on my 4th suppressor.  Hang in there all, it'll happen soon.

Regards
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
But you can see why so many of us are down on SS. I bought a can from them a month before you did, and I'm still not submitted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry brah. It’s the latter.
View Quote

Oh this is a bunch of bullshit SS!  Calling these assholes tomorrow. It seems that the people who bought their shit before 12/17 are getting fucked and people who just recently got their shit are jumping to the front of the line. This is total bullshit
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But you can see why so many of us are down on SS. I bought a can from them a month before you did, and I'm still not submitted.
View Quote

Exactly this! SS needs to explain why this is happening!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well apparently since you just bought yours you will be fine and processes right away while the rest of us poor bastards that bought almost 2 months ago who were promised and promised they would be the first ones to be proceeded just sit here holding our dicks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh this is a bunch of bullshit SS!  Calling these assholes tomorrow. It seems that the people who bought their shit before 12/17 are getting fucked and people who just recently got their shit are jumping to the front of the line. This is total bullshit
View Quote

Says who?
The forms I've been submitting are in order from oldest to most recent.

I think some of ya'll have no clue who submits your eForm 4.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Says who?

I think some of ya'll have no clue who submits your eForm 4.
View Quote

Well maybe that's the issue.  So the dealer must press the buttons ... But does he need to wait for SS to invite/ train him on SS e-file?  I can see how the small timers or side hustle guys would fall behind the full shops. I'm patient either way.

I really thought this thread would be data points only, but here we are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#28]
@SilencerShop

Your silence speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well maybe that's the issue.  So the dealer must press the buttons ... But does he need to wait for SS to invite/ train him on SS e-file?  I can see how the small timers or side hustle guys would fall behind the full shops. I'm patient either way.

I really thought this thread would be data points only, but here we are.
View Quote

<-----dining room table small timer side hustler FFL/SOT

I was told Saturday that it had been pushed out to every dealer. All they have to do is log in and look on their Dealer Dashboard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is still not in progress, docusigned end of November...

Yes I’ve been in contact with my nfa dude. He said he was just given the info this morning and Hopes to be filing by the end of the week.

This is going to look like I paperformed

Back ordered R9 end of September ( just looked 21st)
Got email beginning of November it was being fulfilled
Sign end of November (27th)
Never heard anything for weeks and bugged them middle of December
Waiting to efile

Still nothing in process after 117 days.....fukk
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn.  I've been thinking about buying a Griffin Explorr 224 from SS to take advantage of Griffin's rebate offer, but it looks like I won't even make the Feb 14 Form 4 deadline if I go through SS.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Says who?
View Quote

The point I am trying to make is that there are people posting on here that they bought their stuff well after many of us (one guy said 12/17 and another on 1/1/22) and they are already done with their eform F4 yet many of us who bought way before them from SS are still sitting here. I am calling SS today for some answers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The point I am trying to make is that there are people posting on here that they bought their stuff well after many of us (one guy said 12/17 and another on 1/1/22) and they are already done with their eform F4 yet many of us who bought way before them from SS are still sitting here. I am calling SS today for some answers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says who?

SilencerShop isn’t the one who is submitting the eform 4, it is the SOT. SilencerShop’s involvement is providing the information for the form and the fingerprints. It’s supposed to be click click boom easy but apparently that’s not the case. If the SOT’s are having trouble with the software/program, they should be raising hell if they’re not. Call your SOT to see what’s the hold up…the ball is in their court.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

SilencerShop isn’t the one who is submitting the eform 4, it is the SOT. SilencerShop’s involvement is providing the information for the form and the fingerprints. It’s supposed to be click click boom easy but apparently that’s not the case. If the SOT’s are having trouble with the software/program, they should be raising hell if they’re not. Call your SOT to see what’s the hold up…the ball is in their court.
View Quote

My understanding is that the dealer has a software tool that allows them to communicate with the SilencerShop database, and the eforms site, and it is supposed to let them submit our forms that way. A few things have to be working correctly for them to proceed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I had to redo my kiosk prints for some reason
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong. This is all silencer shop. I have spoken with my dealer. He says he is waiting on silencer shop. I just got off the phone with silencer shop. The guy told me that they didn't start allowing dealers to do this until after 12/30/21. I said which dealers? Is my dealer one of these dealers? His response was that they only allowed a few selected dealers of their choosing to do this right now and that they would eventually release it to all the dealers once these few select dealers have done it for a little while. He said that my dealer still has not been released to do this but should soon within a week or so. I told him that this is a bunch of horseshit picking and choosing what dealers to do this. He apologized and said that he would try to move me up in the queue after I told him that I'm hearing about other people being already able to do this who purchased their suppressors well after me. He said that hopefully within a week they will notify my dealer and me saying that we are both able to do this. So as you can see this is all fucking silencer shop. I also told him that the lack of their transparency with this select dealers bullshit has got a lot of people not just me pissed off and he had no response

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the dealer has a software tool that allows them to communicate with the SilencerShop database, and the eforms site, and it is supposed to let them submit our forms that way. A few things have to be working correctly for them to proceed.
View Quote

As you can see by the post I just did before silencer shop has to release the dealer through their software to do this. So until SS releases your dealer to be able to do this the dealer can't do anything and you can't do anything. And apparently silencer shop picks and chooses when to release the dealer to do this so again no transparency of any of this information from silencer shop. At least finally somebody there told me the damn truth instead of all "we're waiting on the ATF" bullshit response
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As you can see by the post I just did before silencer shop has to release the dealer through their software to do this. So until SS releases your dealer to be able to do this the dealer can't do anything and you can't do anything. And apparently silencer shop picks and chooses when to release the dealer to do this so again no transparency of any of this information from silencer shop. At least finally somebody there told me the damn truth instead of all "we're waiting on the ATF" bullshit response
View Quote

This is correct, we had our "full auto" activated at 2AM Saturday.  We've been working our way through this process as we only received instructions this past week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had to redo my kiosk prints for some reason
View Quote

Now that would be a pain
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#40]
@SilencerShop has the ability and representative here to rebut anything stated that’s not true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered dead air mask on 12/4/2021, filled out all paper work on 12/08/21. Still waiting to certify, waiting to chat with them now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I never got the email, but I’ve been checking the SS website daily. Yesterday I saw that I was “Ready to certify” so I emailed my FFL and he said yep, come on in. So I just got done certifying about an hour ago. Took all of 2 mins to do.
Now we wait…..some more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never got the email, but I’ve been checking the SS website daily. Yesterday I saw that I was “Ready to certify” so I emailed my FFL and he said yep, come on in. So I just got done certifying about an hour ago. Took all of 2 mins to do.
Now we wait…..some more.
View Quote

The waiting to certify is meaningless. Until the SS lords decide to release your dealer to their precious system, your dealer cannot do anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The waiting to certify is meaningless. Until the SS lords decide to release your dealer to their precious system, your dealer cannot do anything.
View Quote

Apparently so, but my form 4 has been verified and submitted.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Consider youself lucky unlike me and others who continue to get screwed by SS!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I fucking hate SS and will never do business with them again. Seeing that above and your date infuriates me to no end!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says who?

The point I'm making is that has nothing to do with Silencer Shop. Silencer Shop doesn't decide which forms the dealer chooses to "prepare"......the dealer does.

Dealers that dilly dally around and don't go to their SS Dealer Dashboard to prepare forms are the problem. If your dealer ain't on top of it, don't use him again.

I've done 54 since Saturday. Some of those were bought in late November, some a week ago. Comparing my week old Form 4's to your unsubmitted Form 4 is illogical....I'm not your dealer.

Again, ATF prohibits Silencer Shop from submitting an electronic Form 4. Submission of the eForm MUST be done by the dealer. Silencer Shop's "Full Auto" system prepares all the information into the eForm for the dealer. (It fill in the blanks). It makes the chance that a typo, error or omission unlikely.
Since all the dealer has to do is click "Prepare".......its almost idiot proof. As long as the ATF server doesn't kick him off he can prepare a form for certification in about a minute.

If your dealer hasn't had his Full Auto software enabled on his Dealer Dashboard..........HE should be blowing up his dealer reps email and phone, not you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Apparently so, but my form 4 has been verified and submitted.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/133879/D4F00A1D-60EA-4365-B80E-DCE55E64531A_png-2244848.JPG
View Quote

WTF I did mine on dec 4th, not mad at OP at all just SS at this point

ETA: dealer has been sitting on my can since the new year, I’ll call them shortly to see what gives

ETA: dealer is blaming ATF/ SS for shitty software, claiming current form 4 system is not working and believe they have a fix and will try and start certifying tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I fucking hate SS and will never do business with them again. Seeing that above and your date infuriates me to no end!
View Quote

And SS lost a customer…
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I think (at this point) it’s if your dealer wants to sit there trying until the site works…

Sorry your dealer sucks.

Silencer Shop could definitely shine light on the process if they wanted to…

It’s messed up Silencer Shop passes the buck onto their dealers and doesn’t address the issues directly.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top