Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#1]
So how does the approval go out to the buyer. Through the dealer or do we also receive an email from ATF once it’s approved ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Silencer Shop has always done an internal compliance check before a Form 4 is ready to submit.
No idea why it would take them 20 days.
View Quote

So I talked to another local shop with an SS kiosk and they said both their individual and trust responses are coming back in under a week.  Not sure why the other kiosk at a different shop will take longer (20 days)  Definitely some strange quirks in the system.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hey Woodfiend. The information review process is important and we aren't able to simply pass it off to the ATF. Customers have posted about going from order placed to submitted (which includes the review for DocuSign) in 6 days ( https://imgur.com/1g1pwgo ) but 2-3 weeks is more likely ( https://imgur.com/sNBNgww ). As a part of the review for that DocuSign, Silencer Shop Compliance team checks the application for accuracy. The Silencer Shop accuracy rate is 99.5% (the industry accuracy rate is 60%) and yes, people whom have submitted with Powered By Silencer Shop dealers have posted about being approved in 90 days: https://www.instagram.com/p/CcWNorQrNue/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
View Quote

To be fair, some have posted that the Compliance Team messed up or missed their country of residence too. Causing rejected forms.

My Eform 4 through SS came back in 80 days. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To be fair, some have posted that the Compliance Team messed up or missed their country of residence too. Causing rejected forms.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Woodfiend. The information review process is important and we aren't able to simply pass it off to the ATF. Customers have posted about going from order placed to submitted (which includes the review for DocuSign) in 6 days ( https://imgur.com/1g1pwgo ) but 2-3 weeks is more likely ( https://imgur.com/sNBNgww ). As a part of the review for that DocuSign, Silencer Shop Compliance team checks the application for accuracy. The Silencer Shop accuracy rate is 99.5% (the industry accuracy rate is 60%) and yes, people whom have submitted with Powered By Silencer Shop dealers have posted about being approved in 90 days: https://www.instagram.com/p/CcWNorQrNue/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Your actual approval came in 80 days or your docusign/cert?  How long was the docusign portion?

Yeah I'm confused by the "verification" step by SS.   Not sure what there is to check since they can't verify any of my answers on the question portion (citizen? Domestic charges etc) my drivers license was scanned so personal info was auto populated (they aren't going to verify my weight).   So all there is to verify is there is a picture attached, suppressor info and ffl info?  That can't take 3 weeks.     I'm not super irritated (I've waited for the paper Form before) I'm just a bit annoyed.   I know the atf or any. Gov agency can't be trusted to meet their objectives but I'm surprised that Silencer Shop is adding 25 percent extra time into the totals.   Unless I'm not understanding what they are checking for....?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your actual approval came in 80 days or your docusign/cert?  How long was the docusign portion?

Yeah I'm confused by the "verification" step by SS.   Not sure what there is to check since they can't verify any of my answers on the question portion (citizen? Domestic charges etc) my drivers license was scanned so personal info was auto populated (they aren't going to verify my weight).   So all there is to verify is there is a picture attached, suppressor info and ffl info?  That can't take 3 weeks.     I'm not super irritated (I've waited for the paper Form before) I'm just a bit annoyed.   I know the atf or any. Gov agency can't be trusted to meet their objectives but I'm surprised that Silencer Shop is adding 25 percent extra time into the totals.   Unless I'm not understanding what they are checking for....?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

80 days from when submitted.

I think docusign took a day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Cancel that question...took two weeks to get in the system for me. Took an hour or so from the email to sign to actually update in the system so i could docusign. Looks like it is in there now-just needs prep for eforms and certify.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been hearing other people affected by the eform 4 citizenship error were offered $200 credit for the inconvenience. They never offered me anything?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been hearing other people affected by the eform 4 citizenship error were offered $200 credit for the inconvenience. They never offered me anything?
View Quote

Did you ask for it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would think they should correct it and then expedite yours.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you ask for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ask for it?

No, I'm not the type of person who asks to "speak with the manager" over stuff like this. I later heard from other people affected by the same software error that they were offered a credit for their trouble.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, it was disapproved and I had to submit again. Apparently corrections are no longer being allowed on eforms.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, I'm not the type of person who asks to "speak with the manager" over stuff like this. I later heard from other people affected by the same software error that they were offered a credit for their trouble.

Nope, it was disapproved and I had to submit again. Apparently corrections are no longer being allowed on eforms.
View Quote

You resubmit and then SS can email the control number or something like that… @BigWaylon ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ask for it?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah resubmit to the atf but expedite their side of it since it's taking them 3 weeks now instead of a day.   You should get the $200 credit and they correct it in a day and resubmit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
For those that have received theirs, does the email typicall go to the inbox or junk mail?  I use hotmail if that matters.  I have the cert email but not sure how to program the email address so that any future ones go to my inbox.  Been worried I'm going to delete it by accident and my dealer sucks so I'm not depending on them to call me or it'll be another 1-2 weeks.  

At day 91 since cert some coming down to it.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For those that have received theirs, does the email typicall go to the inbox or junk mail?  I use hotmail if that matters.  I have the cert email but not sure how to program the email address so that any future ones go to my inbox.  Been worried I'm going to delete it by accident and my dealer sucks so I'm not depending on them to call me or it'll be another 1-2 weeks.  

At day 91 since cert some coming down to it.  

Thanks!
View Quote

Perhaps it comes from the same type of ATF email you've received already?  Did you have trouble with those?  Mine came to my inbox.  Dealer would probably get antsy after a while, assuming he gets the email concurrently
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Perhaps it comes from the same type of ATF email you've received already?  Did you have trouble with those?  Mine came to my inbox.  Dealer would probably get antsy after a while, assuming he gets the email concurrently
View Quote

I wish my dealer was antsy.  I just don't see it.  

While I didn't have any issues with the initial eform and then cert I was also logged in and specifically looking for them rather than sifting through dozens of junk emails.    I guess I'll just have to take my time in the next few days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Full auto shit the bed while certifying today.  gonna go back tommorow and try again, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Application in SS review:  04/26/2022
SS initial review completed and documents signed:  04/30/22
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey SS how long does it take for finger print cards to be uploaded? I have been trying to get ahold of someone at SS with no luck. I have tried calls, emails and the live chat.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Bought my can as individual on April 14th, Docusign came through from SS on the 28th and my dealer emailed me shortly after I signed it and said I am ready to certify. I certified on the 29th and received in process email from atf and showing in process on silencer shop portal. so everything seems good to go and just start counting days like everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally got my docusign email on Friday.  So now I sit with the "preparing for eforms" status for the last couple days.   I figure by the time I get to certify at my lgs I will have 3 weeks invested in just the Silencer Shop portion of the process.    I knew the ATF may not hit their estimates on 90 days but I am surprised to see it taking SS this long.   Do we envision it getting better or worse?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Dear diary: day 104 and 100 of efile
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dear diary: day 104 and 100 of efile
View Quote

#metoo

Day 103 and not patient at all.

Just wish there was some resemblance of first in, first out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I finally got my docusign email on Friday.  So now I sit with the "preparing for eforms" status for the last couple days.   I figure by the time I get to certify at my lgs I will have 3 weeks invested in just the Silencer Shop portion of the process.    I knew the ATF may not hit their estimates on 90 days but I am surprised to see it taking SS this long.   Do we envision it getting better or worse?
View Quote

When you check your status, is ‘Preparing for eforms’ indicated by color as ‘current step’?   On mine, ‘Documents signed’ is green, but the next step is still white.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

When you check your status, is ‘Preparing for eforms’ indicated by color as ‘current step’?   On mine, ‘Documents signed’ is green, but the next step is still white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First 4 steps are green.  "preparing for eforms" is orange so current step.    Last 2 steps are still white.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First 4 steps are green.  "preparing for eforms" is orange so current step.    Last 2 steps are still white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, thank you.    

If mine is white, that makes me wonder if something got missed in the process and something needs to be done to start the next step.
@SilencerShop
EDIT:  Just talked to the dealer and apparently they have not received the suppressor yet and they need it on site to move to the next step.
@Woodfiend
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Dear diary
Day94
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Add an entry for me…… 96 days for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Day 95 for me.  

Between this and the Eform 4 sticky and in random threads/chatter there's been zero today and only one yesterday that anyone shared.  Maybe that office got the Wuflu and they'll need to quarantine??
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Day 95 for me.  

Between this and the Eform 4 sticky and in random threads/chatter there's been zero today and only one yesterday that anyone shared.  Maybe that office got the Wuflu and they'll need to quarantine??
View Quote

Had a approval for a customer this morning, came thru at about 9am. (100 Days)

Certified a personal F4 today, This did not originate with silencer shop so I figured it would take a week for SS to review it

Added to SS dealer inventory/ assigned to me ~ 2pm
Docusigned ~ 3:30pm
Prepared/Certified ~ 4:30pm

Lately they have been taking about a week for Silencer Shop to review, so I am happy they might be cutting that wait down.

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

...snip...

As for my December order and my dud dealer, no updates this week.

SS dealer rep leaves dud dealer a voicemail.
Dealer returns voicemail and doesn't get a call back.
Dealer has a different primary business that precludes him sitting on hold with SS or eForms.
SS won't email the dealer at the damn email address he answers immediately.
SS wants dealer to eForm 4 or Form 3 transfer out and wants to "discuss it."
Dealer is giving up his Class 3 effective July 1 and wants paper forms ASAP.
SS isn't "sending him forms" for him to proceed with the transfer of my items he has.
Dealer threatens to send my items to AFT if SS wont send him a form ASAP.
View Quote

After a few more weeks of everyone playing email tennis and voicemail tag, SS and my dud dealer finally connected this week.  The two suppressors on my December order are going back to SS on a Form 3 transfer for subsequent transfer by SS to a different local dealer.  SS compliance preferred doing this since my dud dealer is giving up his Class 3 at the end of June.  So, I'll probably get to do a couple more e-file certifications in the next month or two.  

tl;dr ... I had a SS order processed as eForm 4's in December go to a local dealer who had quit NFA transfers but left his listing up on SS.  The dealer received the items on Jan. 4 per SS and made no attempt to contact me.  I first did live chat with SS on Feb. 15 to see what was up.  SS said they'd contact the dealer.  Nothing changed.  I emailed the dealer on Feb. 24 once eForms settled out and I understood the process.  The dealer didn't want to use eForms.  He put it on me to figure out what to do or he'd turn over my items to AFT on July 1.  I've had to send at least 1 email per week to get status and work to a resolution between the SS and the dealer since Feb. 24.  Things finally got moving this week.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#39]
My status has said "preparing for eforms"  for almost a week now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was uploaded today. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I bought a suppressor from Silencershop at the beginning of March.  Have been trying to get "certified" since the beginning of April.  Have over 4 hours in at the LGS who can't seem to get me certified.  What a nightmare.

I would not recommend this to anyone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I have been very happy with the process. As of today 6 May, I am at 74 days, I did the finger prints, photo and paper work at my dealer on Thur 17 Feb and had the documents signed, certified and submitted by Monday 21 Feb. I spoke to my dealer yesterday he said he is seeing them come back anywhere between 60 and 100 days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I bought a suppressor from Silencershop at the beginning of March.  Have been trying to get "certified" since the beginning of April.  Have over 4 hours in at the LGS who can't seem to get me certified.  What a nightmare.

I would not recommend this to anyone.
View Quote
It highly depends on your dealer.  

I have two that I bought back in January and February that I still can't get certified. And this was a dealer that was good when we were doing paper form4s.

I have another that got certified and submitted a few weeks ago by going through a different dealer. He's kept me in the loop the whole way and we did the certification and submission on my lunch break. It took about 15min. Needless to say, all my purchases will be going through him from now on.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#44]
100 days…no suppressor yet. Not complaining just informing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have been very happy with the process. As of today 6 May, I am at 74 days, I did the finger prints, photo and paper work at my dealer on Thur 17 Feb and had the documents signed, certified and submitted by Monday 21 Feb. I spoke to my dealer yesterday he said he is seeing them come back anywhere between 60 and 100 days.
View Quote

That's awesome.  That sounds reasonable.  4 days after your prints your are signed and certified.  

It took 2 weeks for me to get the SS email to docusign.  And now I've been waiting a week with it saying "preparing for eforms".   So I'm 3 weeks in and I haven't even certified yet.  
  I guess I'm confused what takes so long in each step?   If they have to review everything ahead of time.... Then I would think as soon as I signed it would auto populate the eform and 'voila' ready to certify.    Why take a week+ to prepare eforms?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's awesome.  That sounds reasonable.  4 days after your prints your are signed and certified.  

It took 2 weeks for me to get the SS email to docusign.  And now I've been waiting a week with it saying "preparing for eforms".   So I'm 3 weeks in and I haven't even certified yet.  
  I guess I'm confused what takes so long in each step?   If they have to review everything ahead of time.... Then I would think as soon as I signed it would auto populate the eform and 'voila' ready to certify.    Why take a week+ to prepare eforms?
View Quote

I called my dealer and asked about this.  “preparing for eforms” is a step performed by your local shop after they have the suppressor in hand.   They told me that they would move on this step once it arrives.

I wish this was documented better in the process.  A shipping notice would be nice too so we would know where it is since arrival at the dealer is a step in the process.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I called my dealer and asked about this.  “preparing for eforms” is a step performed by your local shop after they have the suppressor in hand.   They told me that they would move on this step once it arrives.

I wish this was documented better in the process.  A shipping notice would be nice too so we would know where it is since arrival at the dealer is a step in the process.
View Quote

Interesting.   I thought just the certification had to be done at the dealer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Day 100 here. Not complaining just letting people know about the whole 90 day deal.
Certifying was easy, my dealer is a monster.
Anyway now!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Interesting.   I thought just the certification had to be done at the dealer.
View Quote

To the best of my understanding, you certify in person if filing the eForm 4 as an individual transferee.  Trusts may certify remotely as a transferee.

Here's a simple outline of the process that I mostly stole borrowed from a HansonBrothers post on another site and updated with my experiences:

Your local dealer will submit the eForm 4. Silencer Shop will provide your information to the local dealer. Below is a high-level overview:

• Buyer (the customer) creates eForms account with ATF

• Buyer purchase silencer from Silencer Shop

• Silencer Shop ships your silencer to your selected dealer

• Dealer logs into eForms with their dealer account and generates (prepares) the Form 4 with your info provided by Silencer Shop

•    Note:  (I believe) this preparation is supported by the SS Full Auto Software program run by the dealer

• Dealer certifies the Form 4 with their pin and you certify the Form 4 with your user/pin at the dealer on their eforms account

•    Note:  this certification is supported by the SS Full Auto Software program run by the dealer
       Note:  per ATF, individuals certify in person and trusts may certify remotely

• You (the customer) will get a SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS email from ATF that includes CLEO notification (attached to the email) to mail to the CLEO

•    Note:  as of March 29, 2022, this did not include the responsible person questionnaire CLEO copy(ies)

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Painless process really. Got approved in 106 days via a trust.

Just an FYI...I did not get an email notification from the ATF...my dealer did...he then communicated to me it was approved.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top