BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
@Sixtysixdeuce

You rebuilt a 22 can for me like this:

Attachment Attached File

Does it matter if the baffle clips are oriented the same way or can the baffles be oriented however way they go?  I want to make sure I'm getting optimal performance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By emccracken:
@Sixtysixdeuce

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50388/outback_fixed_jpg-2566268.JPG

Does it matter if the baffle clips are oriented the same way or can the baffles be oriented however way they go?  I want to make sure I'm getting optimal performance.
View Quote

We have found the best results with the clips aligned in most applications, though it made so little difference in the Salamander I decided to kept cost down on that model by not cutting index features in each tiny baffle.  Same  with the .32 Cal Cheetah.  

You can certainly reorient them, but I've never had them become quieter misaligned, just not always louder by enough for our ears to pick it up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm having issues with the mounting system in my Rugged Razor.  Would Ecco be able to switch it to keymo system? Has anyone here had this done to their rugged cans?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:43:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -buckwheat-] [#4]
Originally Posted By bzugger:
I'm having issues with the mounting system in my Rugged Razor.  Would Ecco be able to switch it to keymo system? Has anyone here had this done to their rugged cans?
View Quote

I had Ecco convert my Razor to Bravo thread and it’s awesome. I use Plan B mounts with it now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -buckwheat-:

I had Ecco convert my Razor to Bravo thread and it’s awesome. I use Plan B mounts with it now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219865/061C8BB7-D38B-4EB8-9767-4A70C14506BA_jpe-2753994.JPG
View Quote

What did it cost and what was turn around?   Looks great
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

What issue are you having?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219865/061C8BB7-D38B-4EB8-9767-4A70C14506BA_jpe-2753994.JPG

I think it was 4 or 5 weeks once they had the can. It was pretty reasonable, I'd send them a message on Messenger. They are really responsive and can give all the details.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
they did up 2 aac cans and they are spot on and then a SF trainer adaptor. its worth the wait!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bip_master:

View Quote

It tends to get loose. I've seen quite a few videos talking about the issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I had ECCO upgrade my 762-SD (1.375-24) and thinking about switching the mount to Cherry Bomb.

The Q Plan-B appears to have wrench flats.
The ECCO Cherry Bomb adapter does not, it looks to have notches for a specialty wrench? How do you go about tightening?

Any key design differences between the Q brand and ECCO adapter?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I had ECCO upgrade my 762-SD (1.375-24) and thinking about switching the mount to Cherry Bomb.

The Q Plan-B appears to have wrench flats.
The ECCO Cherry Bomb adapter does not, it looks to have notches for a specialty wrench? How do you go about tightening?

Any key design differences between the Q brand and ECCO adapter?
View Quote

Nearly all of our 1.375-24 mounts and adapters are designed to use a 1.5" or adjustable hook type spanner wrench.  I designed them that way to keep a low profile (.2" thick flanges), but I didn't want to go any lower and have to do pin wrench holes because pin wrenches are much weaker than spanners, and .2" still gives enough purchase for Gator pliers or similar if all else fails.   And it was also my personal aesthetic preferences; I don't really care for flats or hexes on mounts & adapters, too easy to notice when they're not "timed", while a series of notches around the circumference are much more subtle, don't really notice from most visual angles how many there are or what an even orientaion would be.

The other difference is that the Q adapter has a 1.562" flange diameter, which is gonna be proud of many suppressor bodies.  Ours and the Rearden Atlas are 1.5".
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

Nearly all of our 1.375-24 mounts and adapters are designed to use a 1.5" or adjustable hook type spanner wrench.  I designed them that way to keep a low profile (.2" thick flanges), but I didn't want to go any lower and have to do pin wrench holes because pin wrenches are much weaker than spanners, and .2" still gives enough purchase for Gator pliers or similar if all else fails.   And it was also my personal aesthetic preferences; I don't really care for flats or hexes on mounts & adapters, too easy to notice when they're not "timed", while a series of notches around the circumference are much more subtle, don't really notice from most visual angles how many there are or what an even orientaion would be.

The other difference is that the Q adapter has a 1.562" flange diameter, which is gonna be proud of many suppressor bodies.  Ours and the Rearden Atlas are 1.5".
View Quote

Thank you for the detailed response. I’m sold. Just need to source the spanned wrench.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you for the detailed response. I’m sold. Just need to source the spanned wrench.
View Quote

The OTC 4791 is the best adjustable spanner wrench I've found, range is 3/4" to 2", so it'll work on all kinds of suppressors, adapters and many other things.   I've only ever broken one, and that was seeing if it was robust enough to loosen a Mossberg barrel nut with a 1-1/2 foot pipe as a cheater bar.   It was not that strong.

https://www.otctools.com/products/spanner-wrench-34-2
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I had the same problem. Go to loosen the locking collar and the whole can would turn. I think either their taper is too shallow, the threads are too coarse, or both. I know most people seem to like the Rugged system, but I just never liked it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Yankee Hill Phantom direct thread, or at least, it used to be.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#16]

I had the same problem. Go to loosen the locking collar and the whole can would turn. I think either their taper is too shallow, the threads are too coarse, or both. I know most people seem to like the Rugged system, but I just never liked it.
View Quote

The interesting thing is all the feedback on our Rugged adapter with no locking collar is zero issues with them loosening up.

The system does have a fairly obtuse taper with the 12 TPI threads, and for that reason I hadn't originally planned on making such an adapter, but we had a couple orders for custom ones, and they proved to work out, so decided to make it production.   I don't know exactly how many we have in the wild, but quite a few, and if any of them have had issues loosening up, we haven't heard about it.

As an aside, I use the same 1-12 threads with our rear taper Gyrex system, but the taper is much, much more acute at 12° included, and the taper surface area is about 4 times greater.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

The collar loosens causing the suppressor to become loose?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Interesting. I don’t believe I have had that happen before.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
@Sixtysixdeuce

View Quote

Yours looks just like my Pilot. They sent pics today and it looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it. How often do you clean it? Did you coat the baffles with anything?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wreckdiver:

Yours looks just like my Pilot. They sent pics today and it looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it. How often do you clean it? Did you coat the baffles with anything?
View Quote

That's actually rcoers' can/pic from page 7.  He rebuilt my no-name can from 1999 just like that also.  

That said, I've only put 200 rounds through mine so far, and it doesn't need cleaning yet.  I do take it apart frequently though because I'm checking how much gunk it accumulates and I like to tear it down and play with it.  I will coat it with some silicone grease after its first real cleaning though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#21]
@Sixtysixdeuce

View Quote

Is this now rated for 22mag/17hmr?

Ecco, what ratings does this carry with upgraded baffles?  Im interested in this option.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By samson7x:

Is this now rated for 22mag/17hmr?

Ecco, what ratings does this carry with upgraded baffles?  Im interested in this option.
View Quote

The baffles can handle more potent stuff like 5.7x28mm and .17 WSM no problem, and they do shield the tube, but ultimately the tube still dictates what should or shouldn't be fire through them, since no matter how tough our 17-4 baffles or the titanium front caps are, the tubes are still whatever the OEM material was, which is often 6061-T6 aluminum, and the tube wall thickness at thread roots or undercuts does not change.      

When we recore or jail break Pilots or others that had very little thread engagement, we do increase that with the new caps, but still recommend sticking to the original ratings.  Of course, if you do rip a tube off at the thread roots, it can be repaired, will just end up with a little shorter can.  We can salvage pretty well any tube for repair/recore as long as the portion with the engraving is still in tact.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#23]

The baffles can handle more potent stuff like 5.7x28mm and .17 WSM no problem, and they do shield the tube, but ultimately the tube still dictates what should or shouldn't be fire through them, since no matter how tough our 17-4 baffles or the titanium front caps are, the tubes are still whatever the OEM material was, which is often 6061-T6 aluminum, and the tube wall thickness at thread roots or undercuts does not change.      

When we recore or jail break Pilots or others that had very little thread engagement, we do increase that with the new caps, but still recommend sticking to the original ratings.  Of course, if you do rip a tube off at the thread roots, it can be repaired, will just end up with a little shorter can.  We can salvage pretty well any tube for repair/recore as long as the portion with the engraving is still in tact.
View Quote

Gotcha.  I've got an outback IID with aluminum baffles which is only rated for 22lr and was hoping with upgraded baffles I could use it on my 17hmr.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]
We can salvage pretty well any tube for repair/recore as long as the portion with the engraving is still in tact.
View Quote

Could you cut the tube down to just the serialized portion, maybe even bore it out, and turn it into something like a Energetic Armament serial ID ring around a new suppressor? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Gotcha.  I've got an outback IID with aluminum baffles which is only rated for 22lr and was hoping with upgraded baffles I could use it on my 17hmr.
View All Quotes

You'd probably be OK with .22 mag or .17 HMR on that one, though I wouldn't push your luck with 5.7x28 or .22 Hornet.   Stainless or Ti tubes for those guys.

Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Could you cut the tube down to just the serialized portion, maybe even bore it out, and turn it into something like a Energetic Armament serial ID ring around a new suppressor? Just curious.

Sort of.   For tubeless recores, we use the engraved portion of the tube as a blast chamber when it's thick enough and build off of that.   In cases where the tube is too thin like Liberty stuff or compromised like Templar/Crux, we basically build a new tubeless can with a threaded front baffle, install the original tube over it (sometimes bore them out thinner first), then thread the new cap on, with Rocksett also securing the tube to the core and the threaded cap to the front baffle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#26]
ECCO converted this Sdn6 a while back.  I had a keymo adapter in it until today.  Here’s an SPC titanium plan A adapter.  This will go in another can when it gets out of jail and the Sdn6 will go back to keymo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#27]
ECCO’s machining is impeccable. Makes me want to buy some of their “house” brand suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

17hmr doesn’t seem like a reach…
Do it!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

17hmr doesn’t seem like a reach…
Do it!
View Quote

I'm getting on the list now
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone have a lead on an OTC 4791 wrench? All of the reputable vendors online seem to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#31]
Anyone have a lead on an OTC 4791 wrench? All of the reputable vendors online seem to be out of stock.
View Quote

JEGS seems to have them

https://www.jegs.com/i/OTC+Tools/717/4791/10002/-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw_YShBhAiEiwAMomsEMwSU34fFgpg5ayFOicwvHNe09qf_7h8hJ1ui4lc_EF5u6JD6pA9EBoCvCUQAvD_BwE

There are certainly other good spanners out there, too.  That's just the one I use and like.  The Gear Wrench 81854 is very similar, though the pivot pin looks a lot less robust.

Here's a low cost one that looks suitable with good reviews, though I have no experience with it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PDBRVB?tag=arfcom00-20

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#32]

JEGS seems to have them

https://www.jegs.com/i/OTC+Tools/717/4791/10002/-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw_YShBhAiEiwAMomsEMwSU34fFgpg5ayFOicwvHNe09qf_7h8hJ1ui4lc_EF5u6JD6pA9EBoCvCUQAvD_BwE

There are certainly other good spanners out there, too.  That's just the one I use and like.  The Gear Wrench 81854 is very similar, though the pivot pin looks a lot less robust.

Here's a low cost one that looks suitable with good reviews, though I have no experience with it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PDBRVB?tag=arfcom00-20

View Quote

Awesome, thank you!

Ordered your Cherry Bomb adapter today too and already got tracking. . Keep up the amazing work!
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#33]
Another pic of the can…

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my ECCO recored AAC Pilot back today. Machine work is amazing. Put 50 rounds through it on an HK mp5 .22 and Ruger MK2 pistol. Sounded great on both. No first round pop. Took it apart and was surprised how dirty it was after only 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity ammo. Can’t imagine what it looked like when they broke it open. I’m guessing it had at least 10k through it. Thumbs up to ECCO for and awesome product.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:04:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#35]
OTC wrench ordered from Jegs is backordered too. Had to settle for the Amazon Chinese special. The notch on the tool is way too wide and it just doesn’t grip well. It worked though (carefully) and I used Rocksett on the ECCO Cherry Bomb adapter.

Attachment Attached File

This is going to shave about an inch off the 762-SD silencer, over the KeyMo. It’s like the ECCO adapter was made for this! 😉

Got to see the impeccable threading and the inside of the converted can for the first time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#36]
My AAC Pilot should be delivered to ECCO Friday 4/7/23 for a recore and new endcap.
For those of y’all that had this done on a .22 can. Does the new end cap come with a tool or is it compatible with a dead air mask take down tool?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 103M95G:
My AAC Pilot should be delivered to ECCO Friday 4/7/23 for a recore and new endcap.
For those of y’all that had this done on a .22 can. Does the new end cap come with a tool or is it compatible with a dead air mask take down tool?
View Quote

It doesn't come with a tool, but Jerrica sent me a link to an adjustable spanner wrench from Amazon that works like a charm for under $10.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the link. I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#40]
My AAC 762-sdn-6 is with UPS on it's way to them now. I just found this thread... lol

How much (if any) does the conversion change the overall length? Looking at the photos it looks to maybe add 1/2" or so?

Very nice work. Have you guys ever done a threaded insert for a S&W 22a? I may get one done if you can do this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#41]
It adds a little, plus whatever mounting system you decide on. Here's my 7.62-SD with the AAC STAMP installed until I get a few plan B mounts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By at4rxj:
My AAC 762-sdn-6 is with UPS on it's way to them now. I just found this thread... lol

How much (if any) does the conversion change the overall length? Looking at the photos it looks to maybe add 1/2" or so?

Very nice work. Have you guys ever done a threaded insert for a S&W 22a? I may get one done if you can do this.
View Quote

There will be no length added as measured from the rear face of the conversion piece.   Mounts/adapters will add anywhere from .2" to more than an inch, though.

I can't say for sure if we've done a 22A before or not, I don't remember every pistol barrel I've ever threaded.  If the barrel is homogenous, should be a snap.  If it has a pressed in liner, those present a challenge.   If it has a small diameter threaded barrel like the 422/2206etc, with a spanner nut at the front, there are production adapters for those, though they usually require some sanding/stoning at a slight angle in a specific orientation to achieve proper alignment.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have ECCO convert a sandman s to 1.375-24?

Looking to move away from keymo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Vigildom7:
Anyone have ECCO convert a sandman s to 1.375-24?

Looking to move away from keymo.
View Quote

That’s an interesting one. Why don’t you like KeyMo?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#45]

That’s an interesting one. Why don’t you like KeyMo?
View Quote

Heavy
Long
Heavy muzzle devices
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Just got my old 28oz YHM 762 SS QD Phantom back from ECCO after only 3wks!
Had him do a full rebuild to be optimized for 300blk, kept the YHM QD mounting but the rest is new, 12 baffles out if 17-4sst. Weighs 21oz now.
Looks great! Plan to test it out today, can’t wait as I was very disappointed in it before with my new 300blk bolt gun.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By levi333:
Just got my old 28oz YHM 762 SS QD Phantom back from ECCO after only 3wks!
Had him do a full rebuild to be optimized for 300blk, kept the YHM QD mounting but the rest is new, 12 baffles out if 17-4sst. Weighs 21oz now.
Looks great! Plan to test it out today, can’t wait as I was very disappointed in it before with my new 300blk bolt gun.
https://i.imgur.com/I79ysVK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iZp42Cw.jpg
View Quote

What host rifle is that?

The truly impressive thing about Nick’s work is the turnaround time (coupled with Jerrica’s communication)
Quality and pricing are phenomenal but the cherry tkn top is the turnaround time
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#48]
It’s a Howa mini action, with a 7.2” Mos-tek barrel. Plan to drop it in a JTAC elf owl chassis soon.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

What host rifle is that?

The truly impressive thing about Nick’s work is the turnaround time (coupled with Jerrica’s communication)
Quality and pricing are phenomenal but the cherry tkn top is the turnaround time
View Quote

Ecco is top notch all the way around.

I need to get off my butt and send in 2 F1 cans and my Thompson Neptune to get the TLX treatment. Maybe get that 5906 threaded too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#50]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Ecco is top notch all the way around.

I need to get off my butt and send in 2 F1 cans and my Thompson Neptune to get the TLX treatment. Maybe get that 5906 threaded too.
View Quote

I need a TM ISIS and my F1 .30 rebuilt eventually

Attachment Attached File

The ISIS has like .470” of wasted space on the end cap. A FH end cap would be nifty

Attachment Attached File

And more than an inch added with the Gemtech 1/2x28 fixed mount

Attachment Attached File

It’s already a 7” can
Making it 8.2” with the mount isn’t cool

My .30 is just a disaster. Wouldn’t trust shooting it as is
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top