Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:

Why?

I got my $600 in mounts in today. Just waiting on Ecco now

What’s the queue look like in months?
View Quote

I'm not affiliated with ECCO nor do I want to speak for them but looking through my communicaitons with them I asked to be put in the queue back on 1/14/22 to have 2 AAC cans converted and they contacted me this week to send them in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOL] [#3]
I was put on the list the first week of Jan and got the call the third week of June to send it in.

Just got it back yesterday, AAC 762SD converted to a Plan B/Cherry Bomb mount.

Fit and finish are amazing. Thanks Nick and Jerrica!

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:09:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#4]
Originally Posted By rcoers:

I'm not affiliated with ECCO nor do I want to speak for them but looking through my communicaitons with them I asked to be put in the queue back on 1/14/22 to have 2 AAC cans converted and they contacted me this week to send them in.
View Quote

Definitely looks to be worth the wait though!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#5]

Why?

I got my $600 in mounts in today. Just waiting on Ecco now

What’s the queue look like in months?
View Quote

Referencing the fitment issues with Dead Air products that are apparently so bad Ecco had to buy custom tool to work with Dead Air's products.

So the question then is, if I have my silencer fit to use with an out of spec Dead Air product now and later on down the road I want to swap in a HUB mount from another manufacturer, will there be issues?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got mine done. Old YHM phantom to ASR bravo conversion.  Thanks Ecco!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

Referencing the fitment issues with Dead Air products that are apparently so bad Ecco had to buy custom tool to work with Dead Air's products.

So the question then is, if I have my silencer fit to use with an out of spec Dad Product now and later on down the road I want to swap in a HUB mount from another manufacturer, will there be issues?
View Quote

That is a great question.  I just received 3 I sent off for conversion to keymo and would like to try Xeno on one of those.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:47:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#8]

So the question then is, if I have my silencer fit to use with an out of spec Dead Air product now and later on down the road I want to swap in a HUB mount from another manufacturer, will there be issues?
View Quote

No, there won't be any problem.  We're not cutting oversized female threads, we're just using a .0018" oversize plug gauge to make sure we're above the minimum 2B/3B pitch diameter.  Spec is 1.3479 to 1.3536.

Nearly all of the DA mounts that gave trouble using the 1.3479 +.0003 standard gauge did have in-spec pitch diameter,  but the nitriding build up in roots and on flanks made them too tight.  Using the 1.3500 gauge, though, only a handful have needed wire wheel treatment to knock that down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

No, there won't be any problem.  We're not cutting oversized female threads, we're just using a .0018" oversize plug gauge to make sure we're above the minimum 2B/3B pitch diameter.  Spec is 1.3479 to 1.3536.

Nearly all of the DA mounts that gave trouble using the 1.4379 +.0003 standard gauge did have in-spec pitch diameter,  but the nitriding build up in roots and on flanks made them too tight.  Using the 1.3500 gauge, though, only a handful have needed wire wheel treatment to knock that down.
View Quote

Got it, thanks for clearing that up Nick, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Had mine done for a Griffin mount. Got my hands on a Xeno mount and a couple muzzle devices to try. The Xeno adapter was tight at first but made its way to working just fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#11]
In the queue for the next batch with my Rugged Razor762.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Nick how do I get in line for a recore?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By klossb:
In the queue for the next batch with my Rugged Razor762.
View Quote

@klossb what are you having done to the Razor?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bip_master:

@klossb what are you having done to the Razor?
View Quote

Bravo conversion. I use Plan B on everything else, so I didn't want the one oddball using the Rugged flash hiders.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Bravo conversion. I use Plan B on everything else, so I didn't want the one oddball using the Rugged flash hiders.
View Quote

I get drunk and buy a lot of stuff. Did you drunk buy a rugged can? Seems like a $200+ choice/mistake
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I get drunk and buy a lot of stuff. Did you drunk buy a rugged can? Seems like a $200+ choice/mistake
View Quote

It was my first can. I thought I needed "BeLt FeD rAtEd" and a can that would last forever. It's just heavy and loud, but I figure I'll use it more if it fits all my guns with Cherry Bombs. I'm stuck with it, may as well make it functional for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 1811GNR:
Had mine done for a Griffin mount. Got my hands on a Xeno mount and a couple muzzle devices to try. The Xeno adapter was tight at first but made its way to working just fine.
View Quote

Excellent, then I will order a Xeno mount and muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Ecco now doing Surefire Bravo conversions.

https://www.eccomachine.net/product/surefire-trainer-warden-conversions/
View Quote

OH!  I have one setup with a SF brake and warden so this is exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#20]

We'll use whatever means of contact are provided, but if it's only email, sometimes spam filters send ours to that folder and they are missed.

We stopped trying to reach people time after time awhile ago, but unless you told us you were no longer interested, nobody gets removed, simply notated with the date and methods used for contact attempts and moved to the "unresponsive" queue until we hear back from you.   Just reach out to Jerrica and we can get you in the next one if you still want it done!
View Quote

I just sent Jerrica an email about this. Hope to hear back about getting my stuff sent in next.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the best way to ship a can, just bubble wrap in a flat-rate box?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Mines packed up and on the way.  AAC M4 getting the plan B package.

CSF
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok I have a AAC 762SD that I am thinking about having converted but I am not sure which pattern to go with. I have been reading through this thread and I have been looking over on eccomachine's website trying to see and understand the differences with the conversions. I have am trying to figure out which muzzel device could be used and which conversion would have the easiest and simplest way to mount and unmount the suppressor from the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:53:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ghost-1:
Ok I have a AAC 762SD that I am thinking about having converted but I am not sure which pattern to go with. I have been reading through this thread and I have been looking over on eccomachine's website trying to see and understand the differences with the conversions. I have am trying to figure out which muzzel device could be used and which conversion would have the easiest and simplest way to mount and unmount the suppressor from the muzzle device.
View Quote

There are really only two conversions;

-1.375-24 Bravo (H.U.B.) threads for 1.5" OD & larger cans

-1.125-28 Alpha threads for smaller cans, down to 1.25" OD

Sometimes we'll do 1.180-24 Gemtech/Liberty pattern or 1.203-28 Dead Air pattern,  but there's really nothing in those sizes that's not also available in Bravo pattern, so not much call for them.

Once your SD is Bravo converted, you'll be able to use any of the mounts & adapters in that pattern, change them at will whenever you feel like it, whenever the next great thing comes along. Direct thread, taper mounts, all the flavors of QD.  Between the OEMs, us and a few other 3rd party sources, nearly everything is supported in Bravo pattern.  I think OSS is about the only current muzzle device you can't get a Bravo adapter for.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#25]

It was my first can. I thought I needed "BeLt FeD rAtEd" and a can that would last forever. It's just heavy and loud, but I figure I'll use it more if it fits all my guns with Cherry Bombs. I'm stuck with it, may as well make it functional for me.
View Quote

That’s like my SpecWar 30. It’s a “good” can, will last forever, take a beating, quiet, etc, but I hate it at the same time and can’t find a home for it. Just too damn heavy and huge… I even built a 6” 300blk thinking I would use it tucked on that after the Ecco 1.375x24 conversion (which is beautiful) but it’s so heavy it throws the whole point of a small PDW type rig off, so I just use one of my 6” Form 1 cans instead. Live and learn. It was my first can too. Now I’m 20+ deep.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Sometimes we'll do 1.180-24 Gemtech/Liberty pattern or 1.203-28 Dead Air pattern,  but there's really nothing in those sizes that's not also available in Bravo pattern, so not much call for them.

Once your SD is Bravo converted, you'll be able to use any of the mounts & adapters in that pattern, change them at will whenever you feel like it, whenever the next great thing comes along. Direct thread, taper mounts, all the flavors of QD.  Between the OEMs, us and a few other 3rd party sources, nearly everything is supported in Bravo pattern.  I think OSS is about the only current muzzle device you can't get a Bravo adapter for.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ok so what I am reading through this thread and from your FAQ's on your website is that the BRAVO pattern is the one to go with due to the fact that you can use so many different mounts correct? Also when you are saying mount's are you referring to the muzzel device that you mount your suppressor on such as the AAC 762 SDN6 uses the AAC 51T mount that you screw the suppressor onto? Again I just don't understand this as I have just been running my can with the 51T mounts. What type of muzzel device would be used when mounting your can after the conversion as I know the 51T's wouldn't work anymore.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Ghost--you need to decide on what system you want to use as a QD detach for your suppressor, then convert your SDN 762 to accept that thread. Now , add the cost of the QD flash hider mounts. These components increase the conversion price significantly.

Example: Dead Air Key FH $99 + Key Mo mount $259,    YHM FH Phantom $89 + YHM QD mount $79,     Q Plan B Cherry Bomb $100, Q Plan B mount $149

These mounts are all 1.38 x 24 = Bravo = HUB

Your choice based on:
1) Cost
2) Weight
3) Appearance
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#28]
What type of muzzel device would be used when mounting your can after the conversion as I know the 51T's wouldn't work anymore.
View Quote

Pretty much whatever you want.

Keymo, cherry bomb pattern and Griffin taper mounts are among the most popular.   But also direct thread, I'd say about 15-20% of conversions also opt for our direct thread mounts.   Some choose YHM QD system, Area 419 hellfire gets some love, Dead Air Xeno makes an appearance in each batch.  We make a Rugged Taper Mount Bravo adapter, as well as a Thunderbeast CB adapter.  Some folks choose our Gyrex taper mounts.   And we do a few Surefire Trainer or Warden conversions for those who want to use Surefire's system.   And that isn't even everything.

Mount consolidation is a big reason for many people,  being able to easily swap cans around from host to host with the same mounting system.

Where AAC rifle cans are concerned, of course just getting away from the ratchet mounts is priority one.   They're good cans, tough and capable of precision work with a good mount.  But the OEM  ratchet mounts are like having trailer tires on a sports car.

The real beauty of Bravo pattern is you're no longer locked into anything.  There are production adapters for most muzzle devices, and custom for anything else.  

When I refer to mounts, I really mean direct thread mounts.  Anything else is a two-part system consisting of muzzle device and the adapter that installs in your suppressor to interface with that muzzle device.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Sixtysixdeuce I will send you an email through your website and I'll put my username in it so you know it's me. I think it will be easier so we are not going back and forth on here and I can ask some more questions with out clogging up the thread.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I have had two AAC rifle suppressors converted and my old gemtech halo, what’s available for the aac tirant 45?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rushca01:
I have had two AAC rifle suppressors converted and my old gemtech halo, what’s available for the aac tirant 45?
View Quote

We have a 1.125-28 Alpha adapter if you just want to be able to run SiCo/KVP 3 lug, Cam Lok, Cherry bomb, Griffin taper, etc. for fixed barrels and continue using OEM TiRant pistons on recoil operated pistols, or we can swap out the booster to also allow use of SilencerCo/Rugged pattern pistons (our boosters also have Alpha pattern threads for the fixed barrel mounts)
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#32]

We have a 1.125-28 Alpha adapter if you just want to be able to run SiCo/KVP 3 lug, Cam Lok, Cherry bomb, Griffin taper, etc. for fixed barrels and continue using OEM TiRant pistons on recoil operated pistols, or we can swap out the booster to also allow use of SilencerCo/Rugged pattern pistons (our boosters also have Alpha pattern threads for the fixed barrel mounts)
View Quote

Thank you, trying to run it on my sig mpx which has a griffin 3 lug muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#33]
Just got a SRD556QD and SRD762QD packed up for shipment. After this I’ll have everything set up to run on Griffin taper mounts.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Sixtysixdeuce I sent you an email through your website. Let me know if you got it or not.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#35]
Can't wait to get mine done.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#36]
My M4-2000 and SDN-6 were delivered to ECCO today for Bravo conversions.

Can’t wait to get them back!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xwinder] [#37]
Originally Posted By Nyktos:
Just got mine done. Old YHM phantom to ASR bravo conversion.  Thanks Ecco!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185314/IMG_20220729_065639_jpg-2469222.JPG
View Quote

Same!  Nick breathed new life into my old Phantom from the back of the safe. She’s still a beast but will get far more range time moving forward.  Outstanding new finish too.  Jerrica is a customer service Ace.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By xwinder:

Same!  Nick breathed new life into my old Phantom from the back of the safe. She’s still a beast but will get far more range time moving forward.  Outstanding new finish too.  Jerrica is a customer service Ace.

https://i.imgur.com/RohBoim.jpg
View Quote

Isn't the finish nice? I had a 762-SD upgraded a couple years ago and the Moly Resin finish has held up way better than AAC's factory cerakote ever did.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Tried to contact ECCO via email a couple times in the past and never heard back.  Just sent a message via contact form using a different email account, hopefully I can get on the list now.

Would love to have my beloved Surefire 556k upgraded to use the new mounts.  I'll start looking for a steel bodied trainer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Tried to contact ECCO via email a couple times in the past and never heard back.  Just sent a message via contact form using a different email account, hopefully I can get on the list now.

Would love to have my beloved Surefire 556k upgraded to use the new mounts.  I'll start looking for a steel bodied trainer.
View Quote

Try Facebook Messenger, it's been pretty bulletproof for contact.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got this pic. Sig SRD556qd & SRD762qd converted to run on Griffin taper mounts.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Ecco did a great job. I used rockset on the keymo mounts and tightened them up with a wrench and put them in the oven for 20mins @ 180°. Full auto didn’t break them loose and there were no baffle strikes.

The biggest takeaway aside from the quality is the added length. Obviously this is no fault of Ecco but I didn’t expect a full 1.25” added to each can. My Mini4 is now as long as an M4-2000 and my M4-2000 is a full 8” long.

Well worth it for the modularity but interesting touch point. Too bad they couldn’t have welded an additional baffle in there for some dB reduction
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Ecco did a great job. I used rockset on the keymo mounts and tightened them up with a wrench and put them in the oven for 20mins @ 180°. Full auto didn’t break them loose and there were no baffle strikes.

The biggest takeaway aside from the quality is the added length. Obviously this is no fault of Ecco but I didn’t expect a full 1.25” added to each can. My Mini4 is now as long as an M4-2000 and my M4-2000 is a full 8” long.

Well worth it for the modularity but interesting touch point. Too bad they couldn’t have welded an additional baffle in there for some dB reduction
View Quote

What mounts?
My specwar came back like within a 1/4”
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter: I didn’t expect a full 1.25” added to each can. My Mini4 is now as long as an M4-2000 and my M4-2000 is a full 8” long.
View Quote

Yeah, Keymo is a long adapter.

Some suppressors can lose a bit of length to offset what the DA428 adds, but most AAC cans really aren't able to be made shorter than what they were, the new rear face of the Bravo threads being right where the back of the 51T mount was.  Makes little difference to OAL with low profile direct threads, Plan A, YHM Kurtz, etc, but Keymo, ASR, YHM 3060 and Surefire mounts are gonna make them appreciably longer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I didn't measure length, but I did weigh mine before and after the conversion. Both have Ecco Griffin Taper adapters that weigh 2.3oz ea

SRD556-QD: 15.6oz before conversion, 18.2oz after (-2.3oz adapter, 15.9oz)
SRD762-QD: 19.1oz before conversion, 21.2oz after (-2.3oz adapter, 18.9oz)

Without the adapters, the 556 gained a little weight and the 762 lost a little.

I didn't realize how cavernous the blast chambers would be on these once converted, but I can definitely get away with a shorter/lighter Plan A-compatible adapter. Super Precision Concepts makes a Ti Plan A adapter but I know little to nothing about SPC and haven't been able to find anyone with firsthand experience with them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#46]
Got my 2006 vintage M4-2000 back the other day, and am pretty happy with the conversion.  It weighed 20.8 ounces before I shipped it off, and now it weighs 19.8 with the Dead Air Xeno adapter. Length without the Xeno is virtually unchanged, and of course the Xeno adds about .685 inches. Alternatively, I'm considering picking up a Plan A adapter from Griffin to get the length back down that extra little bit.

Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#47]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My Mini-4 went from 5.2” to 5.5” exactly with the conversion done and Plan A adapter installed.

That KeyMo adds a good bit it sounds like if your Mini-4 is now like 6.5”

Got my 2006 vintage M4-2000 back the other day, and am pretty happy with the conversion.  It weighed 20.8 ounces before I shipped it off, and now it weighs 19.8 with the Dead Air Xeno adapter. Length without the Xeno is virtually unchanged, and of course the Xeno adds about .685 inches. Alternatively, I'm considering picking up a Plan A adapter from Griffin to get the length back down that extra little bit.

https://i.imgur.com/QvanYeG.jpg

Depending on what part of SC you’re in, feel free to check out mine and see what you think
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my Rugged Razor converted to Bravo thread. Loving the conversion and the ability to use Plan B pattern mounts now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aksahsalahs] [#49]
Just got this back from ECCO, Thompson Machine Sixteen. Converted to HUB mount from direct thread, and from a monocore to a tubeless design.

Originally was almost 35oz, now weights around 17oz or so.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
Just got this back from ECCO, Thompson Machine Sixteen. Converted to HUB mount from direct thread, and from a monocore to a tubeless design.

Originally was almost 35oz, now weights around 17oz or so.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101965/F6ACC3EE-DDB9-4AA0-8B4F-7342214CAB6F-2562862.jpg
View Quote

Talk about going on a diet!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top