BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with a TacSol Aeris to pair with my Axiom.
View Quote

I have a Aeries its a good can.

The 21A while cool is a loud rimfire host unless you are running a slide lock and wet micro can.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The 21A while cool is a loud rimfire host unless you are running a slide lock and wet micro can.
View Quote

I’ve looked through the internet for a few days on/off… who does the slide lock modification? I don’t really plan on using the safety, so locking the slide would be a beneficial thing, as I bought my Covert mainly for a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Occulus.

The ability to shorten the can is a big deal for practical applications, given how tiny the 21A is.

With a full length can, I wouldn't call it "loud" at all.  It's more a matter of other hosts like the Ruger being really really quiet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ve looked through the internet for a few days on/off… who does the slide lock modification? I don’t really plan on using the safety, so locking the slide would be a beneficial thing, as I bought my Covert mainly for a suppressor host.
View Quote

Someone on here has a tutorial on how to do it. Best I can remember is take off the grip. Remove safety and grind off a hook that keeps the trigger from being pulled.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Someone on here has a tutorial on how to do it. Best I can remember is take off the grip. Remove safety and grind off a hook that keeps the trigger from being pulled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

can you just hold the slide closed with your thumb?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Screwball

Years ago someone posted that Jeb Burnett over at ARMTAC in Arkansas mods the safety to make it a slide-lock but for the life of me I cannot find his website but supposedly he is on the FB which I do not do.

Here is a vid of someone (I think a member here) showing his GSL Pill Box can and his ARMTAC modified 21a

Now here is a guy who tried to do his own slide-lock and apparently it broke. He does not go into a lot of detail so I do not think it would help a lot unless you have the skills to understand what he did which is not me.

In this short vid he talks about how it broke and how he is going back to factory
Beretta 21A slide lock update (don’t do it)

ETA If you find a contact # or email for Jeb please post it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeb did mine with the slide lock mod. And mine's a Gemtech Pill Bottle. @ikickhippies

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The 21 isn't very hot for suppressors.  There also is no upper limiting lip geometry in the magazine, so it's common for suppressor blowback to lift the rounds vertical in the magazine, causing malfunctions. .
View Quote

Exactly what happened today.  Second round went vertical.  First time I have ever seen that type of malf.

BTW, Miller High Life seems to work okay as an ablative.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet it would vary from sample to sample, but my 21A is noticeably more reliable with a can on.  In fact I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with a can on it, in a couple thousand rounds, probably because I keep it clean and a typical range trip's worth of ammo isn't enough to foul it enough to overcome the added backpressure.

If you shoot it enough to get a ring of fouling in the chamber, it will definitely choke at some point.  .25 bronze brush is a must have range item.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top