User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been using CAM-LOK since it was first introduced and I absolutely love it. Griffin killed it with this one!

https://i.imgur.com/bH48MMsh.jpg
View Quote

Yes!!! Yes!!! CAM-LOK all of the things!!!

Springfield TRP w/Bushwacker 46

Glock 17 g3 w/Optimus 9

Glock 19x w/Optimus 9

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm slowly but steadily cam-locking all the things. Some things I won't be cam-locking (AAC Illusion, pistons aren't compatible...and truth be told, the camlock does kind of ruin the lines of a Walther P99 or BHP...so I'll just keep that can aside for those two guns ) but the rest...yeah.

The great thing is, you can put it on a 1911 and you'll never have to take it off, unless there's a reason you ever need to remove the barrel bushing.

Sadly I haven't had a chance to get any of this to the range yet...since I'm kind of anal about cleaning everything, it'll be interesting to figure out an efficient way of cleaning say a Sig P226 slide in a way I'd find as complete, never mind the barrel interior and exterior
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For applications where people want to shoot a fixed barrel pcc, there is a need to use a fixed spacer or a fixed mount.  The fixed mount has the best alignment because it is not a reciprocating piston.

The pcc mount will replace the 1.125x28 piston retainer.  

The rimfire version will be 1/2x28 threaded for conversion of existing rimfire cans to CAM-LOK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, what?

How is that going to work?  Like a replacement for the piston or a whole new adapter like with a three lug?

For applications where people want to shoot a fixed barrel pcc, there is a need to use a fixed spacer or a fixed mount.  The fixed mount has the best alignment because it is not a reciprocating piston.

The rimfire version will be 1/2x28 threaded for conversion of existing rimfire cans to CAM-LOK.

I love my 3 lug scorpion Evo but cam lok is simpler/less moving parts. Tempting to switch to that too. Also, a rimfire option would be great for something like my Spectre 22. If you can figure out a way to replace the factory mount which shouldn’t be hard, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Would it be possible to have a camlok barrel adapter to replace the mini thread collar that comes with many .22 pistols?  I'd love to ditch that thing on my TX22 and SR22.
For use with my Spectre 2.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is the length of the thread on the spectre rear mount from the shoulder on the part to the front of the part?  

Do you have a couple pictures of it you could post here?

Our checkmate 22 suppressor qd kit has been demonstrated to be able to be installed in the can, so they obviously share a common industry ~.9375x28    Or 15/16x28 thread.

It’s possible there are enough spectres to warrant a part, and it could be cross compatible with a checkmate, probably.

The spectre i believe is long enough that it isnt as ideal to add any longer mount. Most rimfire cans arent as long.
View Quote

@Green0

I'd let y'all borrow my Spectre II for a few months in return for a mount.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, if you have the opportunity, could you also measure the diameter over the threads?  That is probably in the vicinity of .933" (a guess) but I would be interested in knowing what it is if possible. Also if you could clean the jaws and close the caliper to see if it reads .0000 closed that would be ideal.  

Thanks for the help.
View Quote

You dont trust his $9 harbor freight digital calipers?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd be interested in maybe borrowing one for a few days to just demonstrate the part works before sending it back and it would still be worth the part.   I just would need to time that for when we are actually running them which is probably still 7 weeks out.  We have to run some legacy pistons for a vendor, get back to CAM-LOK, and run those probably prior to running these.
View Quote

It's not going anywhere, please PM when you're interested.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#18]
The Checkmate adapter I saw didn’t thread fully into a a SiCo Warlock 2 tube. The shoulder of the Checkmate mount didn’t meet the tube rim by maybe a 15 thou gap.  The Warlock mount’s male thread crest was 0.932” OD quickie caliper measurement.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I don’t check the suppressor section for a couple days and Greeno is doing cool shit again.......

Guess I’ll have to buy more CAM-LOK stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don’t check the suppressor section for a couple days and Greeno is doing cool shit again.......
View Quote

I'm enjoying seeing the process happen. Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here’s that checkmate qd mount in spectre video I saw that looks like it was shot by Jorge from Capital Armory. The bad part is that they have to pull 2 spectre baffles to integrate it ( it was a fact that we really struggled to make the checkmate qd quiet because we used almost an inch of tube on that system).

The CAM-LOK would add maybe .5” but not internally so it could use the regular baffle system and not harm sound performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viGxabg1IjU
View Quote

Yup, this is the video that got me to thinking about using the checkmate 3 lug mount on my spectre. Since it requires the removal of two baffles and you haven’t made the kit in forever, I decided to leave my sbr direct thread till I saw you mention a cam lok fixed mount.

Now if you can design a cam lok mount for the spectre/checkmate, I will def be getting it. I cant get enough cam lok
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Guess I’ll have to buy more CAM-LOK stuff.
View Quote

Yeah I have some of those .22 cans that could benefit from this.   Going to see if I can add additional measurements tonight - I have a pair that were made a year or two apart.

ETA:

Parts are clean, cold (45F), and each have a dozen+ serious cleaning's worth of use.

Diameter over threads.

Can 1 (RCBS digital caliper)  .931"
Can 2 (RCBS digital caliper)  .930"

Can 1 (Import mechanical dial caliper)  .932"
Can 2 (Import mechanical dial caliper)  .931"

Protrusion into body (this isn't as accurate a measurement on account of eyeballing it, like BigWaylon's photo)

Can 1 (RCBS digital caliper)  .451"
Can 2 (RCBS digital caliper)  .451"

Can 1 (Import mechanical dial caliper)  .452"
Can 2 (Import mechanical dial caliper)  .452"

If I'm not mistaken, the front cap bottoms out on the last baffle, rather than shouldering on the tube like the rear, so the amount of wiggle room in the whole setup is much greater than our ability to accurately measure that second value anyways.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like this could be a great solution for rimfire lever guns. Any idea when these might be available? I know you guys are slammed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm completely new to pistol suppressors but this is a really cool looking setup. Will y'all be coming out with a Gemtech piston?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm glad to do something people want with the system.  I think we're getting toward rounding out that product assortment.  I'm not full of ideas for it beyond these 3 fixed mounts.  

I do have one concept to run by people though:

A lot of guys with Gemtech and AAC Tirant "mini-pistons" with the 5/8" piston barrel OD wanted compatibility.  A lot of end users with other brand suppressors were wanting compatibility.  

What do you guys think about boring a 1/2x28 CAM-LOK fixed adaptor to .375" ID and using it to retrofit an unsupported make/model/piston? This wouldn't be the most ideal solution, in that it would probably need to be a somewhat tightened in assembly with the piston, retainer and spring (to whatever torque a person could reasonably get on it), using common hardware store 300 or 350F 242 Blue liquid loctite, which would then need to set for 20 minutes.  It would also later need to be spot heated with a torch or something like a stove for disassembly which may not need to happen for years (an O-ring or spring replacement).  It would allow a Gemtech, or Tirant, or legacy SWR Trident or other suppressor to work with the assembly in 9mm only.

The engineering concept there is that .354" ID 9mm barrels made of 110KSI yield material have ~.051 wall thickness under the root of a 1/2x28 thread already, and our part would have .041" wall under thread at 170KSI minimum yield, so it would technically be 20% stronger than a 416R 9mm barrel with 1/2x28 thread.  I don't like the sub .05" material thickness either but the logic and material science is pretty sound.  

At least one Tirant 9 has been converted by Ecco using a vastly more complex method that was really impressive.  I just don't know if there is room for this part, or if anyone would see that as a useful part to have.  

Thanks for the extra measurements.  I think we can pretty confident in going forward at this point.  
View Quote

I’d definitely love to see some kind of solution for 9mm TiRANT/EVO cans.  I’m having a hard time visualizing what you are suggesting though.  Would having a rear cap for the can with a bigger hole help solve the issue?  Go that route with a piston machined to fit a 9mm TiRANT but a big enough hole for the full size “shaft” maybe.

P.S. if you need any measurements I’ve got a pair of TiRANT-9 cans, a 9s, and an EVO-9.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Eta on Osprey pistons bring back in stock?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The part I was talking about was a 1/2-28 threaded minimalist cam lok adaptor like a thread adapter that would add .55” of length to the piston at .800” diameter, dropping to .750 behind a .750 hex geometry for a socket.

It would be derived by taking the rimfire adapter and changing the designed .354 bore to .375”.

It would allow any 1/2-28 piston or suppressor to be converted to cam lok.  It would be intended for 9mm, 300blk subsonic, and .22lr use.

I think ecco machine did one tirant 9 conversion and that was impressive.  We were thinking of something more broad in application.  I don’t have any tirant 9s to know how the parts interact.
View Quote

Ok.  That makes sense.  So basically you’d thread an adapter into your existing piston to convert it to CAM Lok.  It’d definitely be worth trying.  Also, I’d be willing to let you borrow a TiRANT for a little bit if you want.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I finally, finally had an opportunity to get a gun to the range with a Cam-Lok installed on it, and put some rounds through it.

Not many, only around 65-70 or so...but, in that time, I came up with 4 words to outline my next actions:

Cam-Lok All The Things

Soooo much nicer and easier. My only complaint, at least for the 45ACP adapter...it's long enough to interfere when carrying AIWB in a Phlster Floodlight I wish it were shorter, but there's not much that you can do about it; I get that. Of all the possible issues to run into though...that was it; my solitary complaint, and it's not much of a complaint. On something like a G21 or similar, an X300 would be more-or-less the same distance out as the end of the muzzle w/Cam-Lok...maybe I'll go that way instead of a 1911.

Need another 16x1 LH, a couple more both 13x1 LH and 1/2x28, a couple more .578x28 ones...maybe a few spares of each...
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My only complaint, at least for the 45ACP adapter...it's long enough to interfere when carrying AIWB in a Phlster Floodlight I wish it were shorter, but there's not much that you can do about it; I get that. Of all the possible issues to run into though...that was it; my solitary complaint, and it's not much of a complaint. On something like a G21 or similar, an X300 would be more-or-less the same distance out as the end of the muzzle w/Cam-Lok...maybe I'll go that way instead of a 1911.
View Quote
On my CZ P10C and P07 with Werkz Bisect IWB holsters the Cam-Lok fits just fine. However, for IWB I usually have the holster maker make the holster a little longer at the muzzle (and did with these holsters). This helps give the holster more leverage below the belt and keeps the top of the holster from flipping outward and printing more (some holster mfgs also have an option for additional length for a compensator).   Some foam from a Yoga block shaped into an L and velcroed to the end of the holster can provide padding if the length is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
On my CZ P10C and P07 with Werkz Bisect IWB holsters the Cam-Lok fits just fine. However, for IWB I usually have the holster maker make the holster a little longer at the muzzle (and did with these holsters). This helps give the holster more leverage below the belt and keeps the top of the holster from flipping outward and printing more (some holster mfgs also have an option for additional length for a compensator).   Some foam from a Yoga block shaped into an L and velcroed to the end of the holster can provide padding if the length is uncomfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My only complaint, at least for the 45ACP adapter...it's long enough to interfere when carrying AIWB in a Phlster Floodlight I wish it were shorter, but there's not much that you can do about it; I get that. Of all the possible issues to run into though...that was it; my solitary complaint, and it's not much of a complaint. On something like a G21 or similar, an X300 would be more-or-less the same distance out as the end of the muzzle w/Cam-Lok...maybe I'll go that way instead of a 1911.

Right, it's literally a case of the barrel with the extension on it being too long. Making the holster longer still probably won't solve it simply because at that point it's starting to jab into things that are uncomfortable...remember, full length 5" Gov't model 1911. P07s and P10Cs are a good inch+ shorter...

A Phlster Floodlight covers up the entire gun very well for a generic gun-bucket holster, but the barrel length is what does it in. Not a big deal, I've got plenty of other things to run the adapter on...it's just a data point. A Commander-sized gun with the same adapter, for comparison, does not have the same issue.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone run one of these on a Beretta 92?

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one, but I haven't gotten it to the range yet. It doesn't stick out much further than a threaded barrel/thread protector; maybe 1/3rd an inch longer than the end of the barrel on my 92A1?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#42]
This might be a dumb question, don't blow me up.  Do these allow 45 cans to be used on 45 and 9mm hosts without changing mounts like you have to do with pistons?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This might be a dumb question, don't blow me up.  Do these allow 45 cans to be used on 45 and 9mm hosts without changing mounts like you have to do with pistons?
View Quote

That is correct. Complete interchangeability.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is correct. Complete interchangeability.
View Quote

O. M. G.

I'm going to have to invest in these then.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Right, it's literally a case of the barrel with the extension on it being too long. Making the holster longer still probably won't solve it simply because at that point it's starting to jab into things that are uncomfortable...remember, full length 5" Gov't model 1911. P07s and P10Cs are a good inch+ shorter...

A Phlster Floodlight covers up the entire gun very well for a generic gun-bucket holster, but the barrel length is what does it in. Not a big deal, I've got plenty of other things to run the adapter on...it's just a data point. A Commander-sized gun with the same adapter, for comparison, does not have the same issue.
View Quote
Oh, yeah. That would be a problem with a Govt. model.

Sounds like it really would only work on a Commander, Officer, or CCO if CCW is a concern.

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

O. M. G.

I'm going to have to invest in these then.  Thank you.
View Quote
Yeah. It's a great solution. Kudos to Griffin for this.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have one, but I haven't gotten it to the range yet. It doesn't stick out much further than a threaded barrel/thread protector; maybe 1/3rd an inch longer than the end of the barrel on my 92A1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine measures 0.238" past the muzzle:

With the Odessa compatible piston:

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Here are some G41 pics with measurement as references. I thought it may be of use to someone.

I can provide the same for a G30 if anyone is interested.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is really cool.

So to put my Omega 36M (Charlie) Supp on my HK VP9 with it's 13.5x1mm LH German barrel, I'd need:

SiCo (Charlie) Piston Mount (have it)
Griffin CAM-LOK 13.5x1mm LH Barrel Adapter
Griffin CAM-LOK Piston for SiCo

Is that right?

The only "inconvenience" I see is during a pistol tear-down, right?  Just need to unscrew the barrel adapter, tear down, and re-torque barrel adapter to 20 ft lbs.
View Quote

2011s the barrel comes out the front.

Hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

2011s the barrel comes out the front.

Hmmmmmmm
View Quote

Yup. So long as you don't feel the need to remove the bushing from the barrel, or if it's a bull barrel even there's no bushing at all...other than the length, no downside at all to using it. Hell, you can even think of it as a net positive; it's a thread protector that you can put a can on.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top