User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for posting, so just bouncing back and forth between pictures, it looks like it adds, what? Maybe 3/4" to overall weapon length vs using the DA direct thread module?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for posting, so just bouncing back and forth between pictures, it looks like it adds, what? Maybe 3/4" to overall weapon length vs using the DA direct thread module?

No, it only adds .590" over the direct thread mount.  

Quoted:
What I mean is make the 1/2x28 Xeno flash hider 9mm bore like you did the KeyMicro Brakes.

I get you. It's good to note that the A1 geometry can still handle a 7.62 bullet. Growing it further to 9mm would mean it's no longer an A1 and it becomes kinda crappy for every user out there so that a few can have a 9mm through-bore. We'll be releasing a 9mm-bored version, so we'll still take care of those customers.  

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Picturooskis:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Yes, timed the flash hider because non-vertical wrench flats annoy me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Need to make this mount for the wolfman to.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I need one for my saker!
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright this is fun. I just got my keymo mount in from ordering direct from dead air. Looks just like the one above with the smaller shoulder. I have 4 muzzle brakes and 4 Flash hiders. This mount will not go on any of the brakes but will lock down on the flash hiders. It won’t even go down on 3 of them. One it gets close but not enough to turn. Definitely needs to go back to dead it. I know they will take care of me with their amazing customer service. Kinda annoying though with this being like my fifth problem with their products. All factory DA muzzle devices. No aftermarket ones. My other 5 keymo mounts works on all 8 muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Alright this is fun. I just got my keymo mount in from ordering direct from dead air. Looks just like the one above with the smaller shoulder. I have 4 muzzle brakes and 4 Flash hiders. This mount will not go on any of the brakes but will lock down on the flash hiders. It won’t even go down on 3 of them. One it gets close but not enough to turn. Definitely needs to go back to dead it. I know they will take care of me with their amazing customer service. Kinda annoying though with this being like my fifth problem with their products. All factory DA muzzle devices. No aftermarket ones. My other 5 keymo mounts works on all 8 muzzle devices.
View Quote

Crap I just bought 2 keymos from a dealer, I better check mine.
I bet dead airs sub contractor that made tours or others that are not fitting, dropped the ball.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Are the 5/8x24 flash hiders in stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are the 5/8x24 flash hiders in stock anywhere?
View Quote

Didn’t think they had been released...
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Dead Air Xeno | How Does It Compare? Keymo & Plan B

Alabama Arsenal came out with a nice video on the Xeno.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCCB8zmBIuE

Alabama Arsenal came out with a nice video on the Xeno.

View Quote

Just watched that yesterday. Didn't know or care much about this until I watched that video. If I weren't already adopted to YHM's stuff this would be my go to. This should be the new standard in universal mounting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Micro flash hider 1/2x28 with 9mm bore for sub gun mounting.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the blast chamber deep enough on a turbo k for this?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
In that video he mentions not needing shims. However, a FH is usually attached with a crush washer, which I've read isn't ideal with a suppressor mount, so is a crush washer used on the xeno too or will it just be torqued against the barrel shoulder without anything?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In that video he mentions not needing shims. However, a FH is usually attached with a crush washer, which I've read isn't ideal with a suppressor mount, so is a crush washer used on the xeno too or will it just be torqued against the barrel shoulder without anything?
View Quote

Barrel shoulder with nothing behind it. Then check with alignment rod
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Somebody tell me why this is better than YHM Kurz kit.  I have a few months to make a decision

It seems like it is shorter, it has a sexy ratcheting feature, and you can run their mini breaks (which are compatible with the likes of the Turbo K)
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Somebody tell me why this is better than YHM Kurz kit.  I have a few months to make a decision

It seems like it is shorter, it has a sexy ratcheting feature, and you can run their mini breaks (which are compatible with the likes of the Turbo K)
View Quote

Minimal weight and LH threads. The LH threads are a huge feature in terms of keeping stuff together.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Minimal weight and LH threads. The LH threads are a huge feature in terms of keeping stuff together.
View Quote

As far as weight goes it looks like they are both 5.2 ounces each, with the adapter and muzzle device.

As far as left hand threads go... I guess it is preferable but seems like you are damned either way - either you potentially loosen the muzzle device when you are installing the can, you do it when you are uninstalling the can.  I would think that the ratcheting feature would really give you the best of both worlds by requiring less torque and potential for over-tightening while making sure things stay together with detents.

This comes from me trying nether system, just speculation!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is the blast chamber deep enough on a turbo k for this?
View Quote

I'm curious about this as well. Do you know, @Mageever? I found this dimension on the internets:

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm curious about this as well. Do you know, @Mageever? I found this dimension on the internets:

https://i.imgur.com/4CrxsPw.jpg

View Quote

With that picture, I think it will. The xeno adds .685 In. to the can. Add that to the 1.850 In. from the rear of the can to the blast baffle and you have 2.535 In. The flash hider is 2.16 In. and the mount doesn't completely cover it.

I also didn't major in math and am not an engineer. So I could be completely wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]
This seems like a step back from keymo? is the only benefit to this saving weight?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's PLENTY of space.  YHM has nice big blast chambers because they're cans sit so far back over their muzzle devices.  

Quoted:

As far as weight goes it looks like they are both 5.2 ounces each, with the adapter and muzzle device.

As far as left hand threads go... I guess it is preferable but seems like you are damned either way - either you potentially loosen the muzzle device when you are installing the can, you do it when you are uninstalling the can.  I would think that the ratcheting feature would really give you the best of both worlds by requiring less torque and potential for over-tightening while making sure things stay together with detents.

This comes from me trying nether system, just speculation!

While you're damned no matter what to some level if threads are loose, at least with the Xeno system you find out if your stuff is loose BEFORE shooting.  It keeps you from getting into a heap of trouble as you thread a needle at 3000 fps.  

There's also a difference between loose and low torque.  It eliminates that aggravation you end up with from thermal cycling and vibration that causes mounts and adapters to lose their torque (but remain snug enough for use).  When you go to take that RH adapter off, either you get the can only (leaving the adapter behind) or you get the muzzle device and adapter all at the same time.  This happens when the thread-to-taper fitup on the muzzle device ends up with more stiction than the other components.  Xeno eliminates this from happening.

On the weight size, you'll see our system weight come down with minimalist devices coming out.  Right now, you're comparing our heaviest 1/2-28 flash hider to their minimalist brake.  

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Tom, Anything you can share on when we might see additional mounts for the Xeno? Trying to decide between this and the YHM Kurz. Given that there are only two options with the Kurz (and both are short), I'm thinking that over time the Xeno will be more flexible. Also, will Dead Air license other companies to make Xeno compatible mounts (e.g., JMac)?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Yep saw that too when that video dropped. Waiting for nice up close pictures of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]
……...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Thanks. They should call that The Glasspack, because it looks as useful as Q's Cherry Bomb (without a can).
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Interested to see what other muzzle devices come out of the Xeno line up. I’d really like to see a FCD improved A2 with Xeno and a 2 chamber brake
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

A2 FH is attached with crush washer to time it. Th xeno FH is A1 style and does not need to be timed. So just direct thread and done.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Interested to see what other muzzle devices come out of the Xeno line up. I’d really like to see a FCD improved A2 with Xeno and a 2 chamber brake
View Quote

I also look forward to what FCD can come up with for the Xeno. I remember reading somewhere FCD is working on a brake right now, which hopefully has KeyMo and Xeno versions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
@Mageever

Will DA be making the Xeno Flash Hider and Brake in other thread patterns, namely 14x1LH and 1/2x36 (Colt 7.62x39 barrel )?

All I'm seeing so far is 1/2x28 and 5/8x24.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Xeno mount with Rex Silentium MG7

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Wow that’s hot
The color combo is bomb!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone heard anything about DA making these in thread patterns other than 1/2x28 and 5/8x24?

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Has anyone heard anything about DA making these in thread patterns other than 1/2x28 and 5/8x24?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, we'll be making these in a variety of threads!  They'll be gradually rolling out in the coming months.  We'll support metric to standard threads and also offer them in different muzzle features.  You'll also see some industry partners releasing some fun stuff too. ;-)

No kidding.  That's sexy!  I suddenly need a Rex Silentium can!

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, we'll be making these in a variety of threads!  They'll be gradually rolling out in the coming months.  We'll support metric to standard threads and also offer them in different muzzle features.
View Quote

Will this include 24x1.5LH so i can run it on muh AK-74s?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yes, we'll be making these in a variety of threads!  They'll be gradually rolling out in the coming months.  We'll support metric to standard threads and also offer them in different muzzle features.  You'll also see some industry partners releasing some fun stuff too. ;-)
View Quote

Nice!

Thanks Todd!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Will this include 24x1.5LH so i can run it on muh AK-74s?
View Quote
Yes. Please. Do. This.    

Not a lot of love for the AK74 / AK100s in the suppressor world.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I gotta say I'm digging the way that radial brake looks.

@Mageever

It may have been mentioned in this thread already and if so my apologies but any blast shields planned in the pipeline for these? I'm OCD about protecting exposed threads like that if I wasn't running the can for some reason.  I'd want a blast shield as a thread protector.

The more I think about it I'm really tempted to try this Xeno out with the Turbo K.   That would free up the Keymo and micro brake currently on it for the second R9 I've already verbally agreed to with my SOT guy. Cost wise its a bit less than the third Keymo adapter I'm considering.  Turbo K is gonna live on that one barrel 24/7 so once the Xeno parts were torqued down it would be good to go.  Being compatible with my R2 and R9s once the 9mm compatible devices come out is a bonus if I changed my mind down the line to move things around.  Options are always good and nice to know I could use the Xeno parts with some of my other cans.  This plan seems solid to me.  You guys agree? Really tempted to hit up Hansohn and order the adapter and the radial brake version.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Speaking of KeyMicro, why no love for that? Did the system just get abandoned in favor of the Xeno?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Speaking of KeyMicro, why no love for that? Did the system just get abandoned in favor of the Xeno?
View Quote

I think people just consider it another version of the keymo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Nevermind. Misread the question.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I gotta say I'm digging the way that radial brake looks.

@Mageever

It may have been mentioned in this thread already and if so my apologies but any blast shields planned in the pipeline for these? I'm OCD about protecting exposed threads like that if I wasn't running the can for some reason.  I'd want a blast shield as a thread protector.

The more I think about it I'm really tempted to try this Xeno out with the Turbo K.   That would free up the Keymo and micro brake currently on it for the second R9 I've already verbally agreed to with my SOT guy. Cost wise its a bit less than the third Keymo adapter I'm considering.  Turbo K is gonna live on that one barrel 24/7 so once the Xeno parts were torqued down it would be good to go.  Being compatible with my R2 and R9s once the 9mm compatible devices come out is a bonus if I changed my mind down the line to move things around.  Options are always good and nice to know I could use the Xeno parts with some of my other cans.  This plan seems solid to me.  You guys agree? Really tempted to hit up Hansohn and order the adapter and the radial brake version.  

View Quote

You can always make one. I made one for keymo for fun. Took 3” titanium tube with the 1.375 threads cut into it and screwed a keymo into it. It really makes it more pleasant for the shooter not having so much bark.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like to second this question / request. I'm interested in adopting this system on a Nomad Ti (and maybe an R9 if they come back in stock), but on one of my hosts the handguard is a bit longer than the barrel and I'd need a blast diverter in order to use it unsuppressed (it currently has a Noveske KX5 while the can is in jail).

YHM and Griffin both have options that thread over their respective muzzle devices, but I like the look of Xeno if it'll work for my situation. If something like this is indeed in the pipeline with DA or a partner, I'll order a Xeno mount and a couple of the brakes now.

On a related note, is there anything you can share about how the Xeno brake performs unsuppresed? Obviously there are not too many first-hand opinions out there yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top