BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks! This may end up as popular as those little plastic vise blocks It is pretty wild to watch people play around with the Centrix for the first time and see the 'Ah ha!' moment when they get it!
View Quote

Sometimes you have to think outside of the can!
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Resurrecting this old thread if anyone cares. According to Instagram, the Xenomorph is "coming very soon". It appears to be left hand thread which is neat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Resurrecting this old thread if anyone cares. According to Instagram, the Xenomorph is "coming very soon". It appears to be left hand thread which is neat.
View Quote
I will probably get some if they hurry up and sell them...
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if they will be making one for the wolfman.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s about time!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope a xeno 3-prong FH (with a perfect length to p/w to a 13.9" barrel) is on their immediate roadmap. That would be an instant buy for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they could push "Coming Very Soon" to "Coming Pretty Soon" and use the time to pivot to a left hand thread system for maximum awesomeness.

As it is, I don't really get the selling point over the well established and widely available GA taper mount system.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As it is, I don't really get the selling point over the well established and widely available GA taper mount system.
View Quote

DeadAir>Griffin is a selling point.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
……...
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

why not just make it A2 style and shim. Wrench flats not perfectly vertical would annoy me. Edit: I'm that guy someone prophesized on page 1 of this threaded lol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It appeals to the taper location pea-under-the-mattress fetishists who don’t shoot much (or if they do, don’t clean) their mounts and muzzle devices.  You don’t hear a lot of complaints about Thunderbeast’s setup, and not just because spending money is a Qwonderful tongue adhesive.

Closed tine flash hiders have their benefits in nasty scrub and this arrangement is probably a little lighter/cheaper  than a Keymo/Forward Controls set up.  I bet when the vapor ware condenses this proves to be a very decent option.

The Griffin family does have quite a few sweet spots in it, and making a custom muzzle device or mount is simple on a manual lathe.  For example, if a handguard is just a bit too long a muzzle device with the taper just proud of the handguard is easy to create for a custom fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they could push "Coming Very Soon" to "Coming Pretty Soon" and use the time to pivot to a left hand thread system for maximum awesomeness.

It appeals to the taper location pea-under-the-mattress fetishists who don’t shoot much (or if they do, don’t clean) their mounts and muzzle devices.  You don’t hear a lot of complaints about Thunderbeast’s setup, and not just because spending money is a Qwonderful tongue adhesive.

Closed tine flash hiders have their benefits in nasty scrub and this arrangement is probably a little lighter/cheaper  than a Keymo/Forward Controls set up.  I bet when the vapor ware condenses this proves to be a very decent option.

The Griffin family does have quite a few sweet spots in it, and making a custom muzzle device or mount is simple on a manual lathe.  For example, if a handguard is just a bit too long a muzzle device with the taper just proud of the handguard is easy to create for a custom fit.

The only reason I care is because it looks almost like an A2 flash hider, and I can put it on my clones without mucking them up too badly.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]
………
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Lol..all the hype for a A2 style FH that’s been done before..ohh ok oh threads..;)

Even better if the price is a arm and a leg like the keymo adapters..
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol..all the hype for a A2 style FH that’s been done before..ohh ok oh threads..;)

Even better if the price is a arm and a leg like the keymo adapters..
View Quote

I dont get it either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Meh..

Quoted:

That was kind of my suspicion, but I'd agree, in my opinion:

Taper behind thread
=> not a real problem

Mount or muzzle device coming off with a tight/hot can
=> a real problem
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
After playing with one first hand. I’m sold on the system. I’ll be buying some for sure. It’s worth the wait guys. Todd knocked it out of the park again
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi 1911XDM,

Could you share what some of the features you like?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Just fyi, the Xeno adapter (PN DA455) just showed up at one of my distributors, so things are making their way down the pipe. MSRP is $145. Part numbers are there for flash hiders and brakes (1/2x28 and 5/8x24), but no inventory as of yet. MSRP for those is $89.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just fyi, the Xeno adapter (PN DA455) just showed up at one of my distributors, so things are making their way down the pipe. MSRP is $145. Part numbers are there for flash hiders and brakes (1/2x28 and 5/8x24), but no inventory as of yet. MSRP for those is $89.
View Quote

cool. this will probably end up being the standard I use for my non key-mo suppressors.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
After playing with one first hand. I’m sold on the system. I’ll be buying some for sure. It’s worth the wait guys. Todd knocked it out of the park again
View Quote

So are the mount threads left-hand or right-hand? I thought right-hand had been confirmed, but re-reading I see someone said they were left-hand.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Dead Air Silencer Xenomorph Threaded Taper Mount Sneak Peek - IG Story 10/19/2020
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So are the mount threads left-hand or right-hand? I thought right-hand hasd been confirmed, but rereading I see someone said they were left-hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are the mount threads left-hand or right-hand? I thought right-hand hasd been confirmed, but rereading I see someone said they were left-hand.

The threads are left hand. Kinda like OSS. I have a close up I can share now since they are hitting shelves.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#25]
……..
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That looks nice, and hopefully short enough to fit inside a Nomad’s blast chamber with that mount.
View Quote

The nomad is the can I was playing with. Fits nice and is shorter then the keymo system. Keymo on the nomad makes it super long.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
The slots don’t really look as much like an A2 flash hider as I’d hoped, they’re too far apart.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks more A1 slotted to me.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The threads are left hand. Kinda like OSS. I have a close up I can share now since they are hitting shelves.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/D8241004-DBAE-4166-AB30-D24FE2A3B5AC_jpe-1706722.JPG
View Quote

Kickass, that changes things for me as it would mitigate the main downside of the 1.375x24 common mount attachment style. If they offer a weight conscious muzzle device option, I'll probably be in. Also, a Ti adapter to match my Nomad Ti .
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone have any pictures of what the brake looks like?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We have the Xeno adapters in route now, flash hiders and brakes should be coming in the next few weeks.

Xeno products
View Quote

When you get them in can you post the weights of the Adapter, Flash Hider and Muzzle Brake?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Certainly, will add the details to our website.  Not ETA on the flash hider or muzzle brake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you get them in can you post the weights of the Adapter, Flash Hider and Muzzle Brake?
Certainly, will add the details to our website.  Not ETA on the flash hider or muzzle brake.

Cool. Watching this thread with interest.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Where is Todd? I'm sure he has pictures, but havent seen him on the forums in a few months.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I didn't even know they were also making a xeno brake. what does it look like?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#37]
@Mageever give the people what they want!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For the love of all that is holy though, produce enough to meet demand!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the love of all that is holy though, produce enough to meet demand!

Lol
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Who’s ready for the Xeno Mount?

They’re shipped to our wholesale partners. Head to your dealer to request your Xeno Mount today!

Details??

DA121 ½-28 XENO FLASH HIDER

Length: 2.16 In.

OD: .99 In.

Weight:  3.20 Oz.  (1/2-28 is heaviest of mounts due to the small thread.  5/8-24 version will weigh 2.85 Oz., with more minimalistic mounts and threads in the pipeline)

Material:  4140 HT QPQ Black Nitride coated.  This offers the following:

-Higher hardness

-Higher corrosion resistance

-Won’t gall and seize up parts like stainless steel does

Through bore: .343 in.

Tool features:  3/4 in wrench feature.  

Product is left-hand threaded on mating threads for DA455 Adapter

DA455 XENO ADAPTER, NOMAD

Length: 1.125 In.  (Length added to suppressor: .685 In.)

OD: 1.55 In.

Weight: 1.95 Oz.

Material:  4140 HT QPQ Black Nitride (same benefits as above)

Tool Features: 1-1/8" Socket and 1.5" Hook Spanner compatible

Threads:  Product is left-hand threaded on mating threads for Xeno Muzzle Devices.  Standard 1.375-24 thread for attachment to common suppressors in the market.  

#NoQuarter #Parabellum"
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Would the xeno brake and xeno flash hider need to be timed?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:29:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Will this work on the Wolfman?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Will this work on the Wolfman?
View Quote

DA mentioned on Instagram it will fit the Wolfman once they make the Wolfman compatible with Omega type mounts.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#45]
https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/dead-air-armament/accessories/mounts-and-pistons/dead-air-xeno-adapter/
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/dead-air-armament/accessories/mounts-and-pistons/dead-air-xeno-adapter/
View Quote

Thanks. Ordered.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone have ANY info on the Xeno Brake design and/or release date?  

Capitol Armory has the flash hider in stock now... But I'm tempted on waiting for the brake. Don't know what to do.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/dead-air-xeno-flash-hider-muzzle-device.html
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I am also curious about the brake.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My Nomad has been out of jail for about a month and I've been debating which mounting system to go with.  This is just what the doctor ordered.  

Now where do I buy?
View Quote

I just got a nomad in jail and saw this come out, it will definitely be my go to mounting option.  Hoping to see a brake option follow.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top