Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's another vote for making a xeno brake for 9/16x24 barrels.  A lot of my threaded 30 cal rifles from the late 90s are 9/16x24 because that's how the AWC Thundertrap came back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Are there still no xeno muzzle devices that can bring a 13.7 or 13.9” barrel to 16”?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
…….
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would likely require a new-design XL length mount to make room for a new-design extended muzzle device to fit in most can’s blast chamber.

Or a muzzle device that moves the left hand MD threads quite a bit forward of the barrel crown, effectively creating a barrel extension with little benefit (in terms of velocity, muzzle pressure, or expansion chamber) except length at the cost of weight on the muzzle.

An extended mount or thread coupler would likely be the most efficient approach if a long-nose brake (ugh) or flash hider were made.

Demand for that barrel length application is likely so low that I doubt the effort could be done cost effectively.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there still no xeno muzzle devices that can bring a 13.7 or 13.9” barrel to 16”?

Would likely require a new-design XL length mount to make room for a new-design extended muzzle device to fit in most can’s blast chamber.

Or a muzzle device that moves the left hand MD threads quite a bit forward of the barrel crown, effectively creating a barrel extension with little benefit (in terms of velocity, muzzle pressure, or expansion chamber) except length at the cost of weight on the muzzle.

An extended mount or thread coupler would likely be the most efficient approach if a long-nose brake (ugh) or flash hider were made.

Demand for that barrel length application is likely so low that I doubt the effort could be done cost effectively.

I’m also really curious how many guys have 13.7s and either A) don’t have pistols or
B) don’t have SBRs
And just want them pinned
I can’t imagine it’s a large sample
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any insight on Xeno blast cans coming out from any manufacturer?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
@Mageever

Any update on the 3/4 x 24 xeno muzzle devices you said were in production a while ago? Know where they will be available for purchase? Really want to ditch my  Area 419 "non-mating-taper" system now. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@Mageever

Any update on the 3/4 x 24 xeno muzzle devices you said were in production a while ago? Know where they will be available for purchase? Really want to ditch my  Area 419 "non-mating-taper" system now. Thanks
View Quote

I don't think I said it was in production, but parts are in the queue for me to test.  We have stated that we have a big bore Xeno coming.  I can't say anything beyond that.  Sorry!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
……….
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It should be possible to start with a 1/2-28 muzzle device and bore and rethread on a lathe to 9/16-24.

Another alternative is to just buy the 5/8-24 DA muzzle device and use Precision Armament’s excellent thread adapters.  I did that with a Sabre 6.5 Grendel barrel with 9/16-24 muzzle and got perfect concentricity.  They single point both threads in one operation and control thread start to leave as much meat as possible between the close diameters.  With a sub-caliber adapters are very low risk.  With a long can on a .30 it’s possible for a tolerance stacking issue to arise but the PA adapter tolerances are very tight so of all adapters they are your best shot.  Easy enough to try across a few hosts for $25.
View Quote

Thanks, bro.  Didn't know PA made good thread adapters so cheap!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
………
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't think I said it was in production, but parts are in the queue for me to test.  We have stated that we have a big bore Xeno coming.  I can't say anything beyond that.  Sorry!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Mageever, I was referring to this post from you back at the end of Jan. this year:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Very happy to see the .45+ bore on the 5/8 x24. Now all I need is a 3/4 x24 for the fatties, and I'm switchin.

Sorry to keep bugging you Todd, but did we ever get confirmation that you have plans to release a xeno device in that pitch (3/4 x24) in the future? Thank you!

Designed, released, and in queue with the machine shop a few miles from me where I can do a first article inspection on production units when they come off the machine.

It made it sound like they were around the corner, but I don't know shit about the time it takes from machining to releasing parts for retail. I guess I thought "about ready for testing" meant "about ready for prime time". *Meant in a non pushy, not-really-in-a-big-hurry, but still want the parts tone*

Sorry to keep buggin, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry to keep buggin, thanks.
View Quote

You're cool.  I'm the same way with all this right now. I've been doing a lot of big bore shooting lately so I'm really excited to get this into the market.

The designs are released, but yeah, it can take a long time if the shop is busy with production parts and then I need to validate the design and make sure it meets the ends of what we set out to do. Sometimes it's speedy.  Sometimes we need to change a minor detail and rev the prints and get back in line at the shop.  This is what has happened on this one.  

There's always the delicate decision of spooling up another shop to make your stuff, but that takes a very long time because if we're going to work with a new partner it's a very a close relationship and we're not just farming it out.  

Once we show the design is good and production can make it to spec, then we'll release it to market.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Appreciate you taking the time to write the update. You the man.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quick question…I know I knew this at one point when I was looking at and ordering all of the xeno parts, but my nomad 30 just came in and I’m about to set everything up.  I’m about to install xeno flashhiders/brakes. Two on 5.56s and two on 300 BLKs.

Do I need to use a crush washer? I was thinking “no” but it looked like there was one installed in the dead air xeno video.

Also, tighten to around, 20-25 ft/lbs, correct?

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quick question…I know I knew this at one point when I was looking at and ordering all of the xeno parts, but my nomad 30 just came in and I’m about to set everything up.  I’m about to install xeno flashhiders/brakes. Two on 5.56s and two on 300 BLKs.

Do I need to use a crush washer? I was thinking “no” but it looked like there was one installed in the dead air xeno video.

View Quote

I don’t and wouldn’t use the crush washer. I used a shim kit for the flash hider to get the correct timing. You are correct, 20-25 ft/lb.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I second not using crush washers with FH or brakes with suppressors. Like Tula said, you can use a shim kit if you want it to time/line up for asthetics, but with the xeno FH's and brakes, no timing is necessary so just thread it on and torque to 20 ft/lbs is fine. If it was DA would include shims with the xeno muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks guys. That’s what my gut said so thanks for the confirmation.  

Just got them put on and about to go try it out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lucky.  I've already got all my Xeno parts and E-brake sitting here collecting dust while my Nomad L is still incarcerated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lucky.  I've already got all my Xeno parts and E-brake sitting here collecting dust while my Nomad L is still incarcerated.
View Quote

I did the efile thing mid-February and it was approved this week.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#22]
FPM gun works is making new xeno compatible devices. I DM'd the account and they stated they may also make a xeno version of their sparkler (3 prong, open end FH).

I hope this means rearden has stuff in the works, or is atleast thinking about making xeno stuff.

Edit:
I quickly read through this last page, and didn't see any mention. But it appears forward controls also makes a xeno FH:
https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/6315xe-12-x-28.html
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice update! Going to grab some FCD Xenos!
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FPM gun works is making new xeno compatible devices. I DM'd the account and they stated they may also make a xeno version of their sparkler (3 prong, open end FH).

I hope this means rearden has stuff in the works, or is atleast thinking about making xeno stuff.

https://i.ibb.co/JqMb58G/Screenshot-20220908-112854-Instagram.jpg

Edit:
I quickly read through this last page, and didn't see any mention. But it appears forward controls also makes a xeno FH:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:

Dead Air hasn't had any communications with FPM gun works, so I can safely say there is no guarantee that these are truly Xeno compatible.  I strongly recommend avoiding them.  The issue is that they're not working with exact specs and there's also zero assurance of quality.  It also means that if something bad happens with your suppressor, it'll be your own fault.  I doubt it will be theirs either, because companies that are making knockoffs don't stand behind the problems their products cause.  

Quoted:
Nice update! Going to grab some FCD Xenos!

Forward Controls Design products are absolutely good to go!

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet Ive been waiting for the FC Stoner design Xeno.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#26]
M18x1.5 needed
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dead Air hasn't had any communications with FPM gun works, so I can safely say there is no guarantee that these are truly Xeno compatible.  I strongly recommend avoiding them.  The issue is that they're not working with exact specs and there's also zero assurance of quality.  It also means that if something bad happens with your suppressor, it'll be your own fault.  I doubt it will be theirs either, because companies that are making knockoffs don't stand behind the problems their products cause.  
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#29]

The temptation is real every time I scroll by this to pick one up…
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dead Xeno Wee Brakes,  in stock now.  .38 caliber bore so good to go on your 9mm and smaller calibers plus no shims required.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/sk/uploads/Wee_Brake.png
View Quote

Wonder if this would fit a helios qd w/ xeno mount?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dead Xeno Wee Brakes,  in stock now.  .38 caliber bore so good to go on your 9mm and smaller calibers plus no shims required.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/sk/uploads/Wee_Brake.png
View Quote

I’m going order those to put on my wife’s guns just because of the name.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wonder if this would fit a helios qd w/ xeno mount?
View Quote

Methinks it will.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I may have missed this but are there torque specs for xeno installation? Or is it just add rockset and tighten real good. I didn't see anything on the deadair website
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I may have missed this but are there torque specs for xeno installation? Or is it just add rockset and tighten real good. I didn't see anything on the deadair website
View Quote

According to Dead Air it's 25 ft lbs.

The Xeno Threaded Taper Mount | All you need to know
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYnaqkTmYM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYnaqkTmYM

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Edit:
View Quote

Rearden has told me several times they have no interest in xeno.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's surprising.  Why are they Xenophobic?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??? Did they change their minds?

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:38:07 AM EDT
[#39]
So ETA on 3/4x24 (SR25 compatible hopefully?) and M18x1?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

He told me that when he tested it, it just didnt work for him as a good mount.  Which I find suspect I gotta be honest.  He says he signed up to be on the list of licensed manufacturers, but changed his mind.

So, I have a new discovery DA129 and DA130.  A few websites are listing these item numbers as a 3 prong. DA129 is 1/2-28 and DA130 is 5/8-24.  Way back 2 years ago before Xeno was actually released, dealer websites started listing the skus, just like this new DA129 and 130 before the products were officially announced by Dead Air

I wonder if these will be the device long enough for a 13.9 P&W

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

??? Did they change their minds?

View Quote

I think so because it was in July that he said he wasnt doing xeno, and this post is from 50 weeks ago where he said its in the works.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He told me that when he tested it, it just didnt work for him as a good mount.  Which I find suspect I gotta be honest.  He says he signed up to be on the list of licensed manufacturers, but changed his mind.

So, I have a new discovery DA129 and DA130.  A few websites are listing these item numbers as a 3 prong. DA129 is 1/2-28 and DA130 is 5/8-24.  Way back 2 years ago before Xeno was actually released, dealer websites started listing the skus, just like this new DA129 and 130 before the products were officially announced by Dead Air

I wonder if these will be the device long enough for a 13.9 P&W

View Quote
I actually saw those a week ago or so too and got very excited. I would really like to use 3 prong mounts.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#43]
It is not listed on Hansohn Brother yet, and they consistently list Da products before they are actually for sale so I'm not too excited...yet
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey @Mageever Todd, any thoughts on a Xeno adapter for the Saker series? I know yall go a lot going on right now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hey @Mageever Todd, any thoughts on a Xeno adapter for the Saker series? I know yall go a lot going on right now.
View Quote

+1
I thought I heard this was in the works at some point in the past. My Saker is basically a DT can now, it would be nice to be able to use it on some of my Xeno'd guns since I don't see myself going back.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

+1
I thought I heard this was in the works at some point in the past. My Saker is basically a DT can now, it would be nice to be able to use it on some of my Xeno'd guns since I don't see myself going back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Yeah. I'd like to do the same. Hopefully Todd will hear our plea!
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Any chance there's a 5/8x32 in the works for big bore primal users?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any chance there's a 5/8x32 in the works for big bore primal users?
View Quote

Let us get standard big bore stuff like muzzle index 3/4x24 and M18x1 first!
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Someone really need to come out with a 2 chamber .308 brake and some big bore mounts for the primal…
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#50]
@Mageever

Why no 14x1LH Xeno?  You no love AK?  

Also, have any of the 3rd party Xeno muzzle devices hit the streets yet?  Other than that one LMT brake, I haven't seen anything.

It kind of sucks to have only 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 threading.

I had to get some Griffin Plan A to fill in the gaps.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top