BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP never mentioned what 3 cans he regretted buying, and those comparisons might be useful in making a recommendation.  

My quietest .30 cal can on the Blackout is a 7.62 Specwar.  The Omega 300 comes really close and drops a lot of length and weight.  However, most of the time my 8” Blackout  is wearing an Omega 9k for size convenience.  With supers it tames the blast and the entire upper is shorter than an 11.5” 5.56 with a SiCo flash hider.

Another good option could be a Vox-S.  Run a wipe for range toy with subsonics, and it’s light enough and short enough to be handy.
View Quote

The cans I regret buying:

YHM Mite - Was one of the first monolithic cans and I thought it was neat.  Turns out it was not the best 22 suppressor.  I still use it, but I wish I would have just bought an AAC Pilot or SWR Warlock back then

AAC Cyclone - Not necessarily a bad can, but I didn’t and still don’t have a great purpose for it.  It’s weight is the only real gripe I have about it.

AAC Cyclops - Suppressing a 50 is dumb.  Embrace the concussion and cleared out sinuses!  It was a big expense on an already expensive and impractical rifle.

I have a Specwar, but it goes with my 7.62 DMR.  I will definitely try it out on the 300BLK, but I am in a place now where every gun that gets a can, gets it’s own can.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you to everyone for their response.

With quiet and lightweight being number 1 & 2 on the priority list, I have narrowed it down to the Q and Sig cans.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I run Sico's Specwar 762 exclusively on my 3 300 Blk AR's. 2 are 12" and one is 9"

For me it was a tossup between the Specwar's and the Sig 762Ti.

Short K or modular cans are no interest to me, as I'm after max Db reduction.

Plus all my AR's are set up for ASR mounts.

Latest and greatest 762 cans require the latest mounts, and unless I get them for free, I'll stay with my current setup.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I run Sico's Specwar 762 exclusively on my 3 300 Blk AR's. 2 are 12" and one is 9"

For me it was a tossup between the Specwar's and the Sig 762Ti.

Short K or modular cans are no interest to me, as I'm after max Db reduction.

Plus all my AR's are set up for ASR mounts.

Latest and greatest 762 cans require the latest mounts, and unless I get them for free, I'll stay with my current setup.
View Quote

Most of the latest and greatest cans are modular on the mount side(“Omega thread pattern” - 1.375”x24)... and ASR is definitely an option in that thread pattern.

ETA: Now you can go buy new cans!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If i was wanting the quietest available i would look into the Q Full Nelson/Thunder Chicken,  Nomad L or SICO Saker762.  But would choose the Q offerings as they are the lightest.

Now if i wanted a shorter can i would look at the SICO Omega Q Half Nelson/Trash Panda or Nomad.  It would be a mix up between the Omega and Trash Panda.  

I hate the fact the Omega costs so much because the mount that comes with it kinda sucks.  I want another Omega but dont want the mount.
View Quote

Look at these guys. They sell the Omega and allow you to choose it without a mount or customize it to the mount you want: https://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-omega300-suppressor.html

I'm showing with no mount or accessories it brings the price down by $170 off retail.

It may not be the new hotness but it still is one that is hard to beat in size, weight and sound suppression. The Omega with a titanium direct thread and endcap. Next to it is a SDN-6 without its mount which would make it even longer and much heavier than the Omega:

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I had Joe at Curtis Tactical make my dream SMG can that I use on full auto 9mm hosts but it is also OK for 300BLK.  With even supersonics....just not full auto with the supersonics.
I also have an Omega but the setup below is shorter than my Omega.  This can is only 5.75" long but due to the large diameter, has a lot of volume.
I'm using a 3 lugged barrel pictured below and the Bixler style 3 lug mount which doesn't use any springs and mounts rock solid.
http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=244

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had Joe at Curtis Tactical make my dream SMG can that I use on full auto 9mm hosts but it is also OK for 300BLK.  With even supersonics....just not full auto with the supersonics.
I also have an Omega but the setup below is shorter than my Omega.  This can is only 5.75" long but due to the large diameter, has a lot of volume.
I'm using a 3 lugged barrel pictured below and the Bixler style 3 lug mount which doesn't use any springs and mounts rock solid.
http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=244
http://www.c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/NEA-MGI-AR-300BLK-3Lug-CT9KS-1024x356.png
View Quote

Not to derail this thread. But can you briefly explain how your 3lug works with no springs?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not to derail this thread. But can you briefly explain how your 3lug works with no springs?
View Quote

http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=553
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top