Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
@Mageever

Any idea if the Nomad L and/or the 338 can (Nomax?) will be out in time to place an order before the end of the year?

ETA:. Does using the key-mo and brake provide any additional durability or sound suppression benefit over using the direct thread adapter?
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is it...
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
bump for @Mageever
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Come one guys, your all getting worked.. if you can’t see the writing on the wall then your crazy. There is a big show coming up at the beginning of the year.. patience is a virtue! Not sure what that means, but I heard the cool kids say it??
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hold on.  So you guys expect Engineering to tell you what Marketing is doing??  Lol.

It's in production, that's all I can say.

@Rothamber  Yes, a brake will help with supers.  I've seen it hinder on subs with shorter cans, but not always.  Sometimes you just don't know what 300BLK will do.  On the Nomad-L it's super stable sound-wise.   When you shoot a string for sound testing, it's a pretty tight standard deviation.   I don't think you could ever hear the difference between a brake and flash hider on the Nomad-L to be honest.  I think it's something that takes a sound meter to differentiate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hold on.  So you guys expect Engineering to tell you what Marketing is doing??  Lol.

It's in production, that's all I can say.

@Rothamber  Yes, a brake will help with supers.  I've seen it hinder on subs with shorter cans, but not always.  Sometimes you just don't know what 300BLK will do.  On the Nomad-L it's super stable sound-wise.   When you shoot a string for sound testing, it's a pretty tight standard deviation.   I don't think you could ever hear the difference between a brake and flash hider on the Nomad-L to be honest.  I think it's something that takes a sound meter to differentiate.
View Quote
@mageever Can't you just stroll over to those marketing guys and slap them around a bit? Tell em the masses want this now. : )
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
@mageever, thanks for the f/u.  I have to admit that I'm chomping at the bit for the Nomad L.  The wait time with the ATF will be bad enough, but this is killing me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Lemme let you in on a little secret, @mageever... I need this. I’ve got my 6.5 Grendel SBR. I’ve got my lonely little keymo, and I’ve got no Dead Air Nomad-L.

Does being a member of the Asylum mean nothing these days? I’m almost double-asylum status, with my 8 DA cans. Release the Nomad-L! I’ll promise to buy a Sandman-K at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Gonna get my first suppressor shortly, patiently waiting on the Resonator R2 but if this one were to come to market before then I would settle for it.

Now when is the Nomad-L going to be available for purchase again?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gonna get my first suppressor shortly, patiently waiting on the Resonator R2 but if this one were to come to market before then I would settle for it.

View Quote
I’d bet money on YHM getting to market first.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lemme let you in on a little secret, @mageever... I need this. I’ve got my 6.5 Grendel SBR. I’ve got my lonely little keymo, and I’ve got no Dead Air Nomad-L.

Does being a member of the Asylum mean nothing these days? I’m almost double-asylum status, with my 8 DA cans. Release the Nomad-L! I’ll promise to buy a Sandman-K at the same time.
View Quote
OK.  You talked me into it.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Parts are serialized and it's in production.  

Quoted:

Heeeeeyyyyy.  Don't do me like that.  Also, the Resonator's a good product too.  This one will be quieter and have lower backpressure, though .  Also, when it's announced, you better be ready to call your dealer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also, when it's announced, you better be ready to call your dealer.
View Quote
Got money in hand.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Should be able to at least preorder right?????
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OK.  You talked me into it.  
View Quote
I knew that would work
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Just found this thread.
Very interested but glad its delayed as I bought 3 cans this month and need time to build up the "toy" fund before buying another.
I suspect a big reveal at the Shot show with numbers and potential MSRP.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Tomorrow is range day with Rainier Arms and Dead Air, supposed to be  new releases,  might this be one? One can hope.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tomorrow is range day with Rainier Arms and Dead Air, supposed to be  new releases,  might this be one? One can hope.
View Quote
That sounds a lot better than waiting for SHOT.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Video....don't forget video!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Video....don't forget video!!!!
View Quote
I won't be there, saw the announcement on instagram, hopefully there will be stuff on the website or instagram. Sure would be nice for a video to be posted of range day though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I won't be there, saw the announcement on instagram, hopefully there will be stuff on the website or instagram. Sure would be nice for a video to be posted of range day though.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure it won't be there.  Sorry guys.  The good news is it's NOT going to wait for SHOT to be shipped.

It's good to note that we don't do releases like other companies.  They "release" a new product by showing it off and then they begin taking orders (to fund the raw materials and sometimes more development), and then they finally ship the product.  We like to have it in the hands of the dealers (or wholesalers), and media people before we announce a release.  In this case, it was seen at a shooting event and we were cool letting some info get out.  The good news is that there was a resoundingly positive response for the product, so we put it into production.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Fun Police
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Guess I'll be watching for dealers to start listing them for sale.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Its Saturday....
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Will the Nomad-L work with the Nomad Key-mo adapter? I've got one in my safe because I was going to buy a regular Nomad, but then the naked one came out with the Keymo and the E-brake included. So now I've got an extra one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Will the Nomad-L work with the Nomad Key-mo adapter? I've got one in my safe because I was going to buy a regular Nomad, but then the naked one came out with the Keymo and the E-brake included. So now I've got an extra one.
View Quote
I’ll take it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m just gonna go on record with my guess, I’m gonna say this is 7.625” and will weight 17.6oz with the direct thread adapter. Let’s see how close I am.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’ll take it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ll take it.
i'll give you 50 cents more than him
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys are so thoughtful!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You guys are so thoughtful!
View Quote
I need one for my nomad
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m just gonna go on record with my guess, I’m gonna say this is 7.625” and will weight 17.6oz with the direct thread adapter. Let’s see how close I am.
View Quote
Todd Magee from Dead Air said it was 8.39" in direct thread config on page 1.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

... The good news is it's NOT going to wait for SHOT to be shipped.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Fun Police
View Quote
Well, we're just over 2 weeks away from SHOT, hopefully some of these suppressors are making their way to dealers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And add about 0.7 ounces.
View Quote
8.4" long and 18.3oz.... glad I went with the stumpier and lighter regular Nomad for an all-arounder.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

8.4" long and 18.3oz.... glad I went with the stumpier and lighter regular Nomad for an all-arounder.
View Quote
I definitely wouldn’t say a Nomax is marketed as a do-it-all
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I definitely wouldn’t say a Nomax is marketed as a do-it-all
View Quote
Indeed, it's not marketed at all, in fact. This whole thread is about dragging hints out of Mageever one tid bit at a time.

Mageever made it clear a while back that the Nomax was intended as an exercise in maximum suppression... Which is neat, but I'm still glad I got the Nomad 30 for my purposes. Maybe I'll get one some day when they are available in .338.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would have won that bet, just ordered a resonator R2.

However if the Nomad-L is as good as they say and the price is good then I'll have to get both.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#38]
released before SHOT right?
so thats what 2 weeks?

Im pretty excited
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I hope they release a titanium version of the Nomad L. I feel like that would have a larger market anyway

I absolutely love my Nomad but I wouldnt sacrifice the additional weight for a few dB. I also think if you're chasing dB then you're probably running subs in 300 BLK or in many cases a light firing schedule.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I've considered/considering nomad but don't know if its worth it over the sandman
think I would rather have max suppression and take the weight penalty
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've considered/considering nomad but don't know if its worth it over the sandman
View Quote
nomad is comparable to the sandman L volume wise i believe
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

nomad is comparable to the sandman L volume wise i believe
View Quote
According to dead air sound wise it's between the S and the L but closer to the L if I recall correctly
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I own two sandman’s and one nomad. Nomad sounds much better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I own two sandman’s and one nomad. Nomad sounds much better.
View Quote
Completely agree. To me I like the nomad over the sandman L/ti as well because it’s got less backpressure and a more pleasing tone. Sounds all around better to me on gas guns. I haven’t compared them on a bolt gun though. Unless your running full auto a lot or 556 barrels below 10” then get the nomad. Far and away my favorite Rifle can I’ve ever shot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#45]
@Mageever this gonna work with my Nomad Key-mo adapter?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@Mageever this gonna work with my Nomad Key-mo adapter?
View Quote
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#47]
@Mageever any chance of an all Titanium version of the Nomad L in the near future?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#48]
@mageever Is this being announced at Shot?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, this thread has been pretty silent lately,  I have been suppressing my excitement for the debut of the Nomad-L but with SHOT a week away I'm hoping to see a spec sheet, details or pics soon and maybe a open for order date.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, this thread has been pretty silent lately,  I have been suppressing my excitement for the debut of the Nomad-L but with SHOT a week away I'm hoping to see a spec sheet, details or pics soon and maybe a open for order date.
View Quote
There have been plenty of pics all over Instagram. Just no specs yet
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top