Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Mageever

So just to be clear from our email, the Wolfman is rated full auto for 9x39?

On that note, is the Ghost M and the Wolf 9SD?
Absolutely!  I did a lot of the development with 9X39.  The old Wolf sat around 127-130dB in the full config and people generally commented it was the best can they'd heard for the round.  It now sits around 125-127dB with the Wolfman.

Quoted:
How much 5.56 punishment can it take? I know semi-auto has been mentioned, but does that mean mag dumps OK, or limited rate of fire with cool downs?
Lol.  I fell like a parent here.  Noooo... semi-auto doesn't mean full auto.  If you want full auto 5.56, we make several cans for that.  Will this take it?  Yes.  But, we also know that it's a slippery slope and people go nuts quickly and erosion happens more quickly.  We don't want to tell people to go nuts and have them be disappointed if they see some baffle erosion.  Hence the 5.56 rating with a brake to provide that "sacrificial baffle" help.

To answer your question more directly about how much punishment it can take, I've burned the cerakote off them running mag dumps. I tried to simulate someone that picked up their buddy's full auto and shot a can not knowing it was a light duty rifle can.  Realize who you're talking to.  Dead Air is a hard-use company, so our "light duty rifle" rating is probably more like other company's "normal" rating (with just means they're willing to fix it).

Quoted:
I saw in an IG comment section that the Wolfman wipe endcap will fit the Sandman series. I assume that means it will fit the Nomad as well?
Yep.  All those have the same taper socket. We'll be offering a wipe cap upgrade program.  We just can't sell it as an accessory.  I think I already described all that.  
My body is ready......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/4B6E447A-3633-4AE2-88F9-60BE5F72048B_jpeg-935038.JPG
Speaking of which....when is the damn e-brake for the Sandman coming?  I really don't want the pipe bomb/dildo look.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Speaking of which....when is the damn e-brake for the Sandman coming?  I really don't want the pipe bomb/dildo look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Mageever

So just to be clear from our email, the Wolfman is rated full auto for 9x39?

On that note, is the Ghost M and the Wolf 9SD?
Absolutely!  I did a lot of the development with 9X39.  The old Wolf sat around 127-130dB in the full config and people generally commented it was the best can they'd heard for the round.  It now sits around 125-127dB with the Wolfman.

Quoted:
How much 5.56 punishment can it take? I know semi-auto has been mentioned, but does that mean mag dumps OK, or limited rate of fire with cool downs?
Lol.  I fell like a parent here.  Noooo... semi-auto doesn't mean full auto.  If you want full auto 5.56, we make several cans for that.  Will this take it?  Yes.  But, we also know that it's a slippery slope and people go nuts quickly and erosion happens more quickly.  We don't want to tell people to go nuts and have them be disappointed if they see some baffle erosion.  Hence the 5.56 rating with a brake to provide that "sacrificial baffle" help.

To answer your question more directly about how much punishment it can take, I've burned the cerakote off them running mag dumps. I tried to simulate someone that picked up their buddy's full auto and shot a can not knowing it was a light duty rifle can.  Realize who you're talking to.  Dead Air is a hard-use company, so our "light duty rifle" rating is probably more like other company's "normal" rating (with just means they're willing to fix it).

Quoted:
I saw in an IG comment section that the Wolfman wipe endcap will fit the Sandman series. I assume that means it will fit the Nomad as well?
Yep.  All those have the same taper socket. We'll be offering a wipe cap upgrade program.  We just can't sell it as an accessory.  I think I already described all that.  
My body is ready......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/4B6E447A-3633-4AE2-88F9-60BE5F72048B_jpeg-935038.JPG
Ehh you get used to it. Plus I really don’t feel like it helps much on ether 556 or 300blk. If you run suppressor covers it also helps hold that from sliding off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I assume the reasoning is that a wipe endcap is inherently a suppressor part.  It serves no purpose on a "brake."

This is a place where I'd rather not push my luck and end up with the ATF coming in with a hammer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So can I send my pyro in for the upgrade program instead of my suppressor.......?
No, that's not going to work.
Why not? Same endcap? Should be able to send them in the mail since it's not "a suppressor part"
I assume the reasoning is that a wipe endcap is inherently a suppressor part.  It serves no purpose on a "brake."

This is a place where I'd rather not push my luck and end up with the ATF coming in with a hammer.
My point is the “endcap” is not a “suppressor part” because it is shared between multiple devices. Some are NFA some are not. Getting one would be cool and then use it on different cans maybe. But sending them all in does not sound fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My point is the “endcap” is not a “suppressor part” because it is shared between multiple devices. Some are NFA some are not. Getting one would be cool and then use it on different cans maybe. But sending them all in does not sound fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SWODaddy is spot on.  We can't send out a "suppressor part" for you to up into a Pyro (Not a suppressor).  The ATF looks at this like us sending you a baffle to put in there.  We see it as an end cap.  The ATF sees it as a baffle.  We all know how bureaucratically retarded this is but I can't change that.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Edit: Webpage mentions key micro brake for supersonic rifles. Does that mean the Wolfman will have some type of Keymo mount?
One of the things I was considering the Wolf for was so I could use a 3lug and have a QD for my PR9 or my 300blk in super, so if the 300blk super now requires a special mount, sort of kills the fun for me. Though I'm not planning on purchases until the wait comes down anyway (starting to lose faith of dealers being around long term that I deal with).

I assume it takes Ghost stuff, like the Wolf did, but I don't feel like changing anything out repeatedly. Wish I could just buy one silencer per rifle...
I'm very sure we'll come out with more particular language on this (I mean, we were cool with the Wolf not having a brake before).  For now, we just wanted a uniform marketing message that didn't make it sound like this was a hard-use rifle can only and set false expectations.

Yes, it takes all of our "pistol socket" mounts like the Wolf and Ghost.  We also discontinued the old 3-Lug with the aluminum body and it will now be made of steel and have the ability to be switched to fit on a 45 cal 3-lug barrel with the changing out of the internal piston (purchased separately).  The idea is to make it all around tougher, and to provide some safety factor when shooting 300BLK supers.    More details to come on that one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please call a large dealer like Capitol Armor or Silencer Shop.  If they don't have them sitting on the shelf, they're probably in transit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please call a large dealer like Capitol Armor or Silencer Shop.  If they don't have them sitting on the shelf, they're probably in transit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SWODaddy is spot on.  We can't send out a "suppressor part" for you to up into a Pyro (Not a suppressor).  The ATF looks at this like us sending you a baffle to put in there.  We see it as an end cap.  The ATF sees it as a baffle.  We all know how bureaucratically retarded this is but I can't change that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Have you guys given any thought to doing it via something like the dealer-swap process for wipes? (Not sure if the wipe-swap is even used that much, the two dealers I patronize couldn't be assed to put their name on a list for something so easy that would just bring people to their shop... FFL's really suck at retail sometimes.)

I'm very sure we'll come out with more particular language on this (I mean, we were cool with the Wolf not having a brake before).  For now, we just wanted a uniform marketing message that didn't make it sound like this was a hard-use rifle can only and set false expectations.  
Makes sense. I have a Sandman Ti for dedicated SBR 300blk, but also have a Mini14 and American bolt rifle that I rarely shoot, but don't want to swap the SandmanTi around when I do. I guess I should have gotten the Sandman L or S, but the ti was in stock and it was pre-41 and I was burying it under a rail anyway! I have a bunch of pistons and a fixed 5/8X24 mount for my Ghost, but don't want to swap everything around every time.
Yes, it takes all of our "pistol socket" mounts like the Wolf and Ghost.  We also discontinued the old 3-Lug with the aluminum body and it will now be made of steel and have the ability to be switched to fit on a 45 cal 3-lug barrel with the changing out of the internal piston (purchased separately).  The idea is to make it all around tougher, and to provide some safety factor when shooting 300BLK supers.    More details to come on that one.
I remember seeing someone had the 3 lug Ghost adapter for sale, guess that explains that. 6 months into a Kraken's wait, hopefully they have their 3lug ready by then so I can use that with my ever expanding 9mm PCC list. Already have an SRT Matrix which I use sometimes and which is a great silencer.

Even if I won't have a silencer for every gun, I'd like to at least have a wide enough range of them that I'm not hot-swapping at the range between guns. I also don't want to be swapping inserts often. Probably should have bought an extra Ghost when they were all on sale...
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I assume. I'm just ready to get it back. They have had it longer than I have at this point.

I will miss the stubby K config on my G43x tho. It was so short and sounded great with 124s and excellent with 147s.
View Quote
Try some S&B, Israeli or Hush 158's... I think you will be really happy especially if you have been shooting anything made by American Eagle - in my totally non official, non metered tests all my friends and I know that the AE is the loudest subsonic out there.  I gave my last seven boxes to a friend in exchange for half as many of his 165 grain 9mm sub reloads.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is no law or ruling that says you can't make your own replacement wipes.  There is an ATF letter that said you can make your own replacement wipes that Todd noted above.

More importantly, see the wipe thread.
View Quote
I've read the Bardwell letter and it makes sense except for their use of the ambiguous words "generally not".

Having said that, the Bardwell letter predates the recent ATF letter to Dead Air classifying wipes as silencers and is not very specific at all about the end user replacement issue.  Dead Air Ghost customers are lucky in that DA has the wipe exchange program to make it easy on those owners that live close to a qualified store.  I'm changing my FFL and SOT this year to be able to help my customers better.  So I guess a new letter from ATF clearing up the replacement wipe issue would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is no law or ruling that says you can't make your own replacement wipes.  There is an ATF letter that said you can make your own replacement wipes that Todd noted above.

View Quote
I've read the Bardwell letter and it makes sense except for their use of the ambiguous words "generally not".

Having said that, the Bardwell letter predates the recent ATF letter to Dead Air classifying wipes as silencers and is not very specific at all about the end user replacement issue.  Dead Air Ghost customers are lucky in that DA has the wipe exchange program to make it easy on those owners that live close to a qualified store.  I'm changing my FFL and SOT this year to be able to help my customers better.  So I guess a new letter from ATF clearing up the replacement wipe issue would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:I'm changing my FFL and SOT this year to be able to help my customers better.  So I guess a new letter from ATF clearing up the replacement wipe issue would be nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:I'm changing my FFL and SOT this year to be able to help my customers better.  So I guess a new letter from ATF clearing up the replacement wipe issue would be nice.
Please don’t.

[b]For the love of God, please don't send a letter to the ATF.
This needs to be repeated.

If I get screwed out of a wiped end cap for my Sandman, I, along with many others, will be royally pissed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Please don’t.

If I get screwed out of a wiped end cap for my Sandman, I, along with many others, will be royally pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Please don’t.

[b]For the love of God, please don't send a letter to the ATF.

All of this, no more fucking letters
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I definitely want to get a wiped end cap. No writing letters!   Let’s get the ball rolling before they say no
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like everyone has already stated, please don't send a letter. While not perfect, the method to do a wipe change now is easy and better than having to send it in to the manufacturer everytime.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We have Sandman E-brakes on UPS to us now and available for purchase.
View Quote
Just bought one, thank you!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my order in as well!
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dang.
I bought the nomad e brake from you guys like a month ago cuz I was tired of waiting. My can just looks like a dildo now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dang.
I bought the nomad e brake from you guys like a month ago cuz I was tired of waiting. My can just looks like a dildo now.
View Quote
That's an easy fix, just buy a Nomad.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tempting.  But I'm really more interested now in getting the wiped endcap instead.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dang.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dang.
You can make your dildo longer now.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Tempting.  But I'm really more interested now in getting the wiped endcap instead.
View Quote
Get Both?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Will the wiped end cap be available for the Nomad?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll ask the stupid question - why would I want a wiped endcap for my Sandman?  Would this be for 300BO only?

I assume 5.56 would destroy the wipe on the first shot.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll ask the stupid question - why would I want a wiped endcap for my Sandman?  Would this be for 300BO only?

View Quote
For 300 blk subs or .308 subs.  For those of us that like to get as quiet as possible.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd like the wipe option, just to see how it sounds on my .300.  Probably wouldn't use it for much else.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know what it is about a certain kind of person that just can't stop trying to ask for permission for shit.  Closely related to the type that you give them an explicit set of instructions on how to do something, and they do something else because the packaging of one of the components said to, or the name of one of the parts implied a particular usage or operation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't know what it is about a certain kind of person that just can't stop trying to ask for permission for shit.  Closely related to the type that you give them an explicit set of instructions on how to do something, and they do something else because the packaging of one of the components said to, or the name of one of the parts implied a particular usage or operation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's ban state / battered gun owner syndrome mentality.   I follow a Maryland gun owner forum (used to live there) and everyone wants to ask mother may I for every damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Get Both?
View Quote
Don't tempt me lol.  Currently a Wolfman isn't in the cards for me budget wise and since I already have a bolt gun in .300blk with a Sandman K on the end of it the prospect of a wiped front cap upgrade really piques my interest.  The E Brake would be a welcome addition on the semi auto AR pattern guns and I'm sure I'll eventually snag one to play around with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#31]
@Mageever

Any news on when the Wolfman will be shipping to dealers? I've already signed up to be notified when CapitolArmory gets them in stock, yet I still feel compelled to refresh their website every few hours... :-)
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@Mageever

Any news on when the Wolfman will be shipping to dealers? I've already signed up to be notified when CapitolArmory gets them in stock, yet I still feel compelled to refresh their website every few hours... :-)
View Quote
My dealer just got their order info for them. Said my can will be in his store mid next week. My form 4 is in the mail today. Just finished my paper work two hours ago.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Still need the details on that key micro brake..
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Still need the details on that key micro brake..
View Quote
THIS!  
I’m waiting for my ghost so I’ve got 6+ months to figure out a mounting system that won’t drive me crazy swapping direct mounts and pistons. Any idea if this micro brake system is only for stationary barrels or can it possibly work in place of pistons too? I’m already tired of unscrewing mounts and I don’t even have it in my possession yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

THIS!  
I’m waiting for my ghost so I’ve got 6+ months to figure out a mounting system that won’t drive me crazy swapping direct mounts and pistons. Any idea if this micro brake system is only for stationary barrels or can it possibly work in place of pistons too? I’m already tired of unscrewing mounts and I don’t even have it in my possession yet.
View Quote
Based on their wording it would seem the micro brake is intended for use with rifles so I don't think it has anything to do with handguns.
I'm totally guessing here, but my guess is that it's a minimalistic muzzle brake with taper threads like griffin plan A or Q plan B. Probably comes with an adapter. Would only make sense considering people who decide not to go with keymo are going to those other companies for mounting systems.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Based on their wording it would seem the micro brake is intended for use with rifles so I don't think it has anything to do with handguns.
I'm totally guessing here, but my guess is that it's a minimalistic muzzle brake with taper threads like griffin plan A or Q plan B. Probably comes with an adapter. Would only make sense considering people who decide not to go with keymo are going to those other companies for mounting systems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!  
I'm waiting for my ghost so I've got 6+ months to figure out a mounting system that won't drive me crazy swapping direct mounts and pistons. Any idea if this micro brake system is only for stationary barrels or can it possibly work in place of pistons too? I'm already tired of unscrewing mounts and I don't even have it in my possession yet.
I assumed it is just a keymo brake with the first two baffles chopped off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My dealer just got their order info for them. Said my can will be in his store mid next week. My form 4 is in the mail today. Just finished my paper work two hours ago.
View Quote
Do you know which distributor your dealer got it from? I'm a dealer as welp, but none of my distributors have received any yet
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pleas, for the love of God, just let sleeping dogs lie

We don't want/need any more letters even though you think it would be "nice"
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 3:13:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
You don't really want one, after the first time you'll never use it again
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And I'm the guy with a 7.5 inch 556 :(
View Quote
What an annoying shooter you must be!!  I put a loudener on mine... other shooters don't like me...
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is, along with 147gr AE and Speer Gold Dot G2 147gr depending on where you're looking. Hansohn Brothers tested it with AE 147gr independently. Our website's been under construction for a while but the ammo to accompany dB numbers will be shown correctly on there when complete.

But back on track with Dead Air, I don't want to detract from the Wolfman topic at all. I was just adding info to eliminate confusion.
View Quote
I find the 147 gr AE to be the nosiest 9mm sub ammo out there except for the atrocious 124 gr AE allegedly sub ammo - but haven't seen it for awhile.  For a couple of years 147 AE is all I could find in Alaska.  Now I can buy the excellent PPU and Israeli 158 and now Remington's 147 sub ammo.  Even ordered some Hush 165's but it is pretty anemic if you are looking for real ammunition.  At 40 yards it drops so much more than the others all with a 25 yard zero.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I find the 147 gr AE to be the nosiest 9mm sub ammo out there except for the atrocious 124 gr AE allegedly sub ammo - but haven't seen it for awhile.  For a couple of years 147 AE is all I could find in Alaska.  Now I can buy the excellent PPU and Israeli 158 and now Remington's 147 sub ammo.  Even ordered some Hush 165's but it is pretty anemic if you are looking for real ammunition.  At 40 yards it drops so much more than the others all with a 25 yard zero.
View Quote
Interesting. Agree on the 147 AE, but the 124 AE is great for me. And some of the most consistent. Had a SD of 5.7 FPS with the 124 AE. Although the 124 isn't my preferred, I was still impressed.

S&B 150 gr seems to be the sweet spot for 8"ish 9mm barrels. But any of the 158 S&B, Fiocchi, IMI offerings are good as well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One of the things I was considering the Wolf for was so I could use a 3lug and have a QD for my PR9 or my 300blk in super, so if the 300blk super now requires a special mount, sort of kills the fun for me. Though I'm not planning on purchases until the wait comes down anyway (starting to lose faith of dealers being around long term that I deal with).

I assume it takes Ghost stuff, like the Wolf did, but I don't feel like changing anything out repeatedly. Wish I could just buy one silencer per rifle...
View Quote
Now you are on the right track... get a second job like I did just to buy tools and gun stuff, I eventually got a FFL and a SOT and am doing well as a small business.  This suppressor stuff is more addictive than the narcotics they gave me for my back - at least I could quit the narcotics on my own...
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Please don’t.

View Quote
I will never send a letter or call them about these issues but being a realist I highly suspect that some dumb-ass will...

Three separate NFA/ATF inspectors have told me during inspections that they don't give a crap about the wipe issue.  If your device came with a wipe/wipes and it has wipe/wipes in it upon inspection then it is what it is.  In fact  , as I've stated here and other places before, I've never had an ATF/NFA inspection where the agent has ever touched any of my GCA or NFA firearms.  They have all asked me to just show them the serial number.  One seemingly interested middle aged ATF guy once asked me about my Liberty Regulator .22 silencer.  He asked if that little thing really made a pistol very quiet.  I offered to shoot it into my couch for him and he declined the offer, laughed and said he would probably somehow get in trouble.  I did take it apart (he didn't ask me to do it) to show him the monocore and I opened a baffle can so he could see the two main types.  OSS haden't been invented yet.
I've seen State Troopers, local PD, ATF, Postal agents and Fish and Wildlife all qualify at our local range and there has always been full auto and suppressed fire going on and never have I seen or heard of a LEO asking anyone for paperwork proof, but I live in Alaska where such firearms are popular and not a novelty.  Hell, we can even buy full auto Gerber mil-spec knives (the one with the tanto tip as shown on "How It's Made") with no ID or proof of age or background check.  Weed stores are popular but LE will bust your ass in a heartbeat if they smell it or a driver has red eyes... just like alcohol..  so just be reasonable and you will be OK up here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Get Both?
View Quote
Yep.. quickly, before the end comes...
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Interesting. Agree on the 147 AE, but the 124 AE is great for me. And some of the most consistent. Had a SD of 5.7 FPS with the 124 AE. Although the 124 isn't my preferred, I was still impressed.

S&B 150 gr seems to be the sweet spot for 8"ish 9mm barrels. But any of the 158 S&B, Fiocchi, IMI offerings are good as well.
View Quote
I did get a case of the S&B 150 gr and it is almost as quiet as the others.  People who listen to me shoot are always telling me how quiet everything so now if the range is fairly empty late at night I let some of the RO's shoot my suppressed firearms so that I can stand in different places beside, behind and yes even down range about 20 yards away from the impact point with a barrier between... I just lean one ear slightly around the corner.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe too new, or covered elsewhere, but is the Wolfman compatible with any of the GA Plan As?  If so, which one, and which GA mounts fit?  TIA.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Maybe too new, or covered elsewhere, but is the Wolfman compatible with any of the GA Plan As?  If so, which one, and which GA mounts fit?  TIA.
View Quote
You want this one 1.125x28 Plan A
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No, that will not work with The Wolfman nor any Dead Air products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want this one 1.125x28 Plan A
No, that will not work with The Wolfman nor any Dead Air products.
Negative Ghostrider.  Chris is spot on.  The thread for the Ghost/Wolf/Wolfman is 1-13/64 -28.  Yeah, it's weird.  But it let us do some cool stuff that typically goes unnoticed.  We can run a larger piston (better alignment precision) while also creating a socket on the back of the can that could take modular mounts.  This way you can take out the whole booster when transitioning to fixed mount or 3 lug.  When transitioning back, you're booster cylinder (where the piston rides), isn't coated with crap and you're good to go.  Other brands require you to scrape out all the crap to get your piston/3-lug/fixed mount back in.

It also means that if anything is cross-threaded or breaks, that your serialized tube isn't scrapped out.  In the Ghost, it's a grade 7 "Encapsulator" inside a grade 9 tube.  I saw failures in the Octane tube where the booster cylinder connected to the blast baffle.  There's a torque moment at that point and with enough heat and recoil, the tube splits right there.  The Ghost-M is so much more hard core than people realize.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top