Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Mageever said they weren't putting any barrel length restrictions on it but did say,

"We hope customers are educated enough to know that a super short barrel can be pretty aggressive on 17-4 baffles if you let it get hot enough.  Structurally it's totally adequate."

Assuming the pressures on the subsonic 308 are similar to a sub or supersonic 76.2x39, the Wolfman should handle it the same way.
View Quote

It’s all about context.
I’m sure they’ll take care of you, even if it’s your fault...

Why not just buy the correct can/tool for the job?

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Because Aramark asked if the Wolfman could handle sub 308, not what was the correct can for 308. I assumed he already had a Wolfman and was wondering.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because Aramark asked if the Wolfman could handle sub 308, not what was the correct can for 308. I assumed he already had a Wolfman and was wondering.
View Quote

You can tow a huge RV with a Ford Explorer...
I’d use a diesel 1 ton.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can tow a huge RV with a Ford Explorer...
I’d use a diesel 1 ton.
View Quote

Would you consider it helpful if you asked, "Can I tow this RV with a Ford Explorer" and someone replied, "Use a 1 ton diesel pickup."?  I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would you consider it helpful if you asked, "Can I tow this RV with a Ford Explorer" and someone replied, "Use a 1 ton diesel pickup."?  I wouldn't.
View Quote

Exactly. You'd answer, "Yeah, it'll tow it, but be ready for a lot of wear and tear on the transmission and be careful to be in the right gear when you are climbing a hill."

I am the farthest thing from a scientist, but I would think subsonic ANYTHING would have pretty low pressures.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My personal suggestion is instead of getting the 1/2x36 mount just get the 3 lug mount. Your SP5 already has one and you can get an adapter in 1/2x36 for your 6951. That'll allow you to swap the Wolfman easily between them without having to modify anything.
View Quote

Sure, if you can even find a Dead Air 3-lug adapter.  I've been waiting for 6-7 months and still can't get a hold of one.  I'm about to receive my stamp before I can receive a 3-lug adapter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sure, if you can even find a Dead Air 3-lug adapter.  I've been waiting for 6-7 months and still can't get a hold of one.  I'm about to receive my stamp before I can receive a 3-lug adapter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My personal suggestion is instead of getting the 1/2x36 mount just get the 3 lug mount. Your SP5 already has one and you can get an adapter in 1/2x36 for your 6951. That'll allow you to swap the Wolfman easily between them without having to modify anything.

you need to look harder

I've seen them in stock twice just in the past month
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
you need to look harder

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you need to look harder

Yup Dead air stepped up production. My buddy as two on the way now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
you need to look harder

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

How about some hints on where they came from? I’ve signed up for in stock notifications all over the place and haven’t gotten one yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How about some hints on where they came from? I've signed up for in stock notifications all over the place and haven't gotten one yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you need to look harder

Quoted:

How about some hints on where they came from? I've signed up for in stock notifications all over the place and haven't gotten one yet.
I've seen them in stock at Hansen and at least one other place that escapes me, somewhat recently iirc
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've seen them in stock at Hansen and at least one other place that escapes me, somewhat recently iirc
View Quote
@cardboardkiller
In stock here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They’ve been out of stock for a while.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@cardboardkiller
In stock here.
View Quote

Nope

I signed up for a notification though. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I opted to backorder two of them from Brownells.  They actually called me this afternoon to notify me that they'll be sending one of them (after 7 months of waiting). They didn't receive enough of them to fill my second backorder. So, it sounds like Deadair is definitely shipping them out - just maybe not in large enough quantity to satisfy demand yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#16]
i am also trying to get a hold of a 3-lug mount. i placed a backorder with Brownells as they do not charge until it ships so i can cancel if i find it somewhere else.

i have a question about the models. when i subscribed for a notification on the Dead Air Website, I got an email confirmation with the model listed as DA-408 vs DA-444.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the DA-408 and DA-444?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i am also trying to get a hold of a 3-lug mount. i placed a backorder with Brownells as they do not charge until it ships so i can cancel if i find it somewhere else.

i have a question about the models. when i subscribed for a notification on the Dead Air Website, I got an email confirmation with the model listed as DA-408 vs DA-444.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the DA-408 and DA-444?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Dead-Air-Wolfman/20-499440/&page=9
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#18]

thanks! DA must not have updated their confirmation email.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#19]
During their live stream yesterday DA said there should be more 3-lugs available within the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How about some hints on where they came from? I’ve signed up for in stock notifications all over the place and haven’t gotten one yet.
View Quote

I think he gots his direct from the company
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#21]
just got the notice from SS my 3-lug is shipping! woo hoo!!!
been back ordered forever :(
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy received his two today. Going on an sp5 and an sp5k
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Soooo uh....how about those wrenches?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Already out of stock at joe bob
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Found one in stock! https://xtremegunsandammo.com/shop/silencers-for-sale/dead-air-silencers-for-sale/dead-air-3-lug/
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know if this is the correct and newer 3-lug mount?  Kinda sketchy website.

https://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/dead-air-armament-ghost-3-lug-black-finish-da444/
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this is the correct and newer 3-lug mount?  Kinda sketchy website.

https://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/dead-air-armament-ghost-3-lug-black-finish-da444/
View Quote

DA444 is the new version.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It appears you can add it to the cart but is it really in stock?    It let me add other things to the cart like the Pryo.  Sounds fishy when everyone else is out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Read through most of this for the second time as my Wolfman sits in jail, maybe get out by the next “wolf moon” that would be awesome.  

Anyways, saw different people discuss or ask at different times throughout about a Griffin Armament Plan A adapter. I know they don’t make one in the 1.203-28 but I am pretty sure I can get one made by someone else, probably sub $100. Just gauging interest here.

For me I already have a few guns setup with the GA taper mount MDs and don’t want to pay $200-250 for DA adapter and then a few hundred to switch MDs that I don’t want to switch just for the Wolfman as I will lose compatibility with other cans. No winning other than getting a custom Plan A and it solves my problems.

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Read through most of this for the second time as my Wolfman sits in jail, maybe get out by the next “wolf moon” that would be awesome.  

Anyways, saw different people discuss or ask at different times throughout about a Griffin Armament Plan A adapter. I know they don’t make one in the 1.203-28 but I am pretty sure I can get one made by someone else, probably sub $100. Just gauging interest here.

For me I already have a few guns setup with the GA taper mount MDs and don’t want to pay $200-250 for DA adapter and then a few hundred to switch MDs that I don’t want to switch just for the Wolfman as I will lose compatibility with other cans. No winning other than getting a custom Plan A and it solves my problems.

View Quote

I would be interested in Wolfman Plan A (for that matter, my Ghost which uses same threads)
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would be interested in Wolfman Plan A (for that matter, my Ghost which uses same threads)
View Quote

Yes it would work for Wolfman, Wolf, and Ghost

I was hoping that one would be available off the shelf by now, but DM is my go to for custom parts of this type and I have used him over the years for one-offs, long before he had a site.

I think they would probably do it if I asked just for myself, but figured if I go in with “there are multiple people wanting one and you could do a batch...”
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Disregard, emailed GA on a whim today and they have one coming in about 5 weeks they said, I’ll just wait then
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Brownells charged my card for a 3 lug adapter.  

Should ship out tomorrow

Anyone need one?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Disregard, emailed GA on a whim today and they have one coming in about 5 weeks they said, I’ll just wait then
View Quote
Assuming the price is reasonable, I will just do that.  I already prefer GA muzzle devices anyway.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Brownells charged my card for a 3 lug adapter.  

Should ship out tomorrow

Anyone need one?
View Quote

I'll take it if I can cancel my Brownell's before they charge. I recently ordered so I probably missed this batch. Shoot me an email when you get a chance on [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#38]
@humahuma probably don't want to be putting your email out on a public forum. Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have the 3 lug in stock?  I have the adapter just need the lug.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@humahuma probably don't want to be putting your email out on a public forum. Just saying.
View Quote

Looks like a throwaway address. Notice the “trilug” part while they are talking about a tri-lug?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

its a one time use email i just created. thanks for the heads up tho.

Quoted:
Anyone have the 3 lug in stock?  I have the adapter just need the lug.

Hansohn Brothers has some in stock.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/3-lug/hansohn-3-lug-muzzle-device/
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

its a one time use email i just created. thanks for the heads up tho.

Hansohn Brothers has some in stock.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/3-lug/hansohn-3-lug-muzzle-device/
View Quote

Sad trombone they don't have 1/2*28.  Would a SilencerCo 3lug work?  Anyone know or have any experience?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#43]
sorry about that. i have a silencerco 3lug on a 9mm cmmg upper that works fine with an omega 9k. unfortunately i have not had a chance to try the wolfman on it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Does DA or any of the other keymount makers have plans for a key-micro compatible flash hider that is bored for 9mm? The current DA ones are bored .224 and the only ones making another key-micro FH seem to be JMac, but only in an odd 15-1 thread (their GFH 15F which otherwise would be ideal).
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Got the in stock notification for a 3 lug adapter from Capitol Armory so placed an order for one.  Just a FYI for anyone looking.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got the in stock notification for a 3 lug adapter from Capitol Armory so placed an order for one.  Just a FYI for anyone looking.
View Quote

I got the notification too. OOS now

Dammit
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I got the notification too. OOS now

Dammit
View Quote

Wow, just barely got my order in at 11:36 pm.  The time on the back in stock email was 11:03 pm, but didn’t see it until about 11:30.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wow, just barely got my order in at 11:36 pm.  The time on the back in stock email was 11:03 pm, but didn’t see it until about 11:30.
View Quote

Shot went quick.

I have a few months to get one, my stamp check was just cashed today.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I received a 3 lug from dead air today.

Was not expecting a whole unit, I was just expecting a new spring.

I’m glad to report that it went on the Foxtrot Mike 3 lug with ZERO issues.

DA, really supports their customers!

I also got a couple more stickers!!!

ETA:

Also since I got this one from DA, ill sell the one thats coming from Brownells for what bought it for plus shipping.  

It is supposed to be here on Saturday
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Got it in stock notification for DA444 at SilencerShop. Ordered 2 and order went through at 7 am.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top