BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve been on the waiting list for the 5/8” keymicro since literally a few minutes after the waiting list existed and I haven’t heard a thing in 2+ months or so. Also I can’t get a straight answer for an eta or even if they’re being manufactured yet so yes, I’m going to bubba a brake so I can actually use this can for 300 blackouts like I’ve been trying to do since the end of September.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhhhhh....what am I missing here? 5/8x24 is listed right in the product description
https://deadairsilencers.com/product/key-micro-brake/
I’ve been on the waiting list for the 5/8” keymicro since literally a few minutes after the waiting list existed and I haven’t heard a thing in 2+ months or so. Also I can’t get a straight answer for an eta or even if they’re being manufactured yet so yes, I’m going to bubba a brake so I can actually use this can for 300 blackouts like I’ve been trying to do since the end of September.
Buy a 5/8 flash hider. That’s what’s I did.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone see a 3 lug mount instock anywhere?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Buy a 5/8 flash hider. That’s what’s I did.
View Quote
To use on a Wolfman?  I thought the point of DA requiring the brake for high pressure cartridges was to act as a sacrificial baffle for the can, not simply as an interface.   Might be OK for 300 subs, but I wouldn’t recommend it for supers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has anyone chopped their full sized keymo brake to get it to the right length for the keymicro yet? I kind of need to use some supers on a rifle that’s got my one and only 5/8” brake. I know I can cut one “chamber” off the brake and have it fit but my main concern is the exposed raw metal that will be on the end of it. I reallllllly don’t want to have to pay a shop to nitride it and I’m unsure what DIY protection methods are available to me that will hold up inside a blast chamber.
View Quote
I thought about it, or ordering the J-Mac 2 port brake. With my 4 rifles that already have the 3 port brakes and didnt want to cut them all or buy new brakes. So I called DA and found out that its a .12 of an inch difference between the flash hider (fits) and the brake (dont fit). And about half of that difference is needed to make the 3port brake work with the wolfman. My thought is to use a copper "crush" washer and the one I got is 2mm thick. I got my SOT looking for a can for me. Once he has the can I can verify this setup and say with confidence that it will work. I first posted about it on page 17 of this thread. Look for "crush"
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone say what the thread size/pitch is for the Wolfman?  Is it the "semi-standard" 1.375x24?  Trying to figure out mounting options beyond the DA offerings.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's the same threading as the ghost and wolf9sd which is smaller than that I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anyone say what the thread size/pitch is for the Wolfman?  Is it the "semi-standard" 1.375x24?  Trying to figure out mounting options beyond the DA offerings.
It's the same threading as the ghost and wolf9sd which is smaller than that I believe.
Huh.  I was wondering as well. I guess it would make sense considering DA already has their 3 lug and pistol oriented muzzle devices for the Ghost and Wolf.

The website didn't specify, but you would think at 1.6" it would have plenty of material to go 1.375x24.  I wonder if it has enough meat to open it up to 1.375x24.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone see a 3 lug mount instock anywhere?
View Quote
Read my post from previous page. They had to redesign them or start making them like the wolf 3 lugs because there was issues with them slipping off barrels. I was originally told my replacement would be in in 4 weeks. That was on November 6th. Now being told "sometime" in March. If that timeline hold true it'll mean I wouldn't have been able to use my Wolfman for 5 months. Pretty frustrated about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Read my post from previous page. They had to redesign them or start making them like the wolf 3 lugs because there was issues with them slipping off barrels. I was originally told my replacement would be in in 4 weeks. That was on November 6th. Now being told "sometime" in March. If that timeline hold true it'll mean I wouldn't have been able to use my Wolfman for 5 months. Pretty frustrated about the whole thing.
View Quote
how do i know if i have a bad one or not? i have this one (bought 11-7-19) and it seems to fit good and lock down good on my 3 lug adapters, but my wolfman isnt here yet so ive only tried the bare mount.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-3-lug-mount.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

how do i know if i have a bad one or not? i have this one (bought 11-7-19) and it seems to fit good and lock down good on my 3 lug adapters, but my wolfman isnt here yet so ive only tried the bare mount.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-3-lug-mount.html
View Quote
Mine would twist off the barrel without even having to push down on the supressor. I tried it on 3 to 4 different 3 lug adapters. Rod at deadair told me I want the only one sending them back for that reason. Now sure how many were having problems.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine would twist off the barrel without even having to push down on the supressor. I tried it on 3 to 4 different 3 lug adapters. Rod at deadair told me I want the only one sending them back for that reason. Now sure how many were having problems.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, sounds like a fluke. Mine needs a solid push to engage and release the lugs and locks up solid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you point to the post where Dead Air says they are redesigning the 3 lug adapter?  All I see is your post saying that you sent your 3 lug back because it was slipping off barrels and you were waiting for a replacement.  I don’t see any post from DA saying they were redesigning it, or that there was a widespread issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can you point to the post where Dead Air says they are redesigning the 3 lug adapter?  All I see is your post saying that you sent your 3 lug back because it was slipping off barrels and you were waiting for a replacement.  I don’t see any post from DA saying they were redesigning it, or that there was a widespread issue.
View Quote
Rod told me that on the original phone call I had with him. He said something about those new 3 lug mounts were designed for 45 acp and were having some issues on certain 3 lug mounts. Mine being Griffin mounts, b&t mounts, and HB Industries mounts. Mine slipped off all those mounts pretty easily.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's another guy on the b&t forums that was having the same issues I was. Here's a screenshot of his email from deadair.

Attachment Attached File

So like him I'm waiting on the new batch of da408 adapters to be made.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#15]
More evidence of what DA is telling people about the differences in the two adapters.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#16]
The actual lugs on a 45 caliber 3-lug barrel are the same as the lugs on a 9mm 3-lug barrel.  The difference is that the barrel diameter is different.  A true .45 3-lug adapter would require a larger diameter collar inside the adapter to fit over the larger diameter barrel stub in front of the lugs.  The DA 444 is not a .45 cal adapter because if does not have the larger opening collar.  Although it can be used with the Ghost 45, it’s only for shooting 9mm through the Ghost 45.  The main difference between the new DA444 3-lug adapter and the previous DA408 adapter is that the housing of the DA444 is steel, while it’s aluminum on the DA408.

Reading the comments, it sounds like the issue mainly occurs on non HK barrels, or mounts.  That suggests either a problem with out of spec barrels or mounts, or if the problem is in the adapter, the recesses in the mount that hold the lids when locked are cut too shallow, and allow the lugs to slip out.  I shot my Wolfman with the new 444 adapter on my 8” CZ Scorpion with a HK Parts mount with no issues.  I also have the older 408 adapter, so I’ll have to see if that is any different.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Let me clarify this.  There are some generalizations and some info that isn't perfectly clear in some of these posts.

We redesigned our aluminum housing 3-lug adapter DA408 to a steel version--the DA445.  It was planned that this adapter would fit both 9mm and 45 three lug barrels and provide an overall more robust solution than our super light aluminum version.  All that was needed was a piston change.  We ran into two issues:  The machine shop made some of the housings slightly out of spec, and there are many 9mm 3-lug barrels out there with huge variation. Those two things didn't always play well together.  (ETA:  Thanks @willi3d, you pretty much nailed it!)

There are many customers that will never have an issue.  If it works, it works.  For the rest of those that bought from that first batch (it's a pretty limited number), we're replacing the housing that is out of spec.  We've decided to keep two separate variants.  The DA445 still works great with 45 cal.  The new 9mm dedicated version is DA444.

Our customer service center will have these parts in hand by the end of next week and they're replacing the housing that had the issue with the new one and turning it into a DA444.  In summary:

DA408:  Old aluminum version
DA445:  45 Cal only. First batch may work on 9mm.  If it's not, then we can fix it.  
DA444:  9mm Cal only and is engraved "9mm".  Anyone with a DA445 that rotates too easily can have this done.

Again, sorry for the delay on this.  Our shutdown and ramp-up caused this easy customer service fix to be put on hold due to parts not being available. We appreciate your patience!  As noted, Wolfman production is roaring along and we'll be able to begin servicing these adapters within the week.  If any of you don't have an RMA number, then please call our CS line.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a good idea how much clearance the Wolfman with a tri lug adapter needs? I’m building out a CMMG radial delayed build with a 5” barrel and I’m trying to see if I can get away with a 4.5” handguard using a 1/2x28 tri lug muzzle device.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone have a good idea how much clearance the Wolfman with a tri lug adapter needs? I’m building out a CMMG radial delayed build with a 5” barrel and I’m trying to see if I can get away with a 4.5” handguard using a 1/2x28 tri lug muzzle device.
View Quote
tons of room. this is the dead air 3 lug mount for the wolfman (still in jail) with kaw valley 3 lug adapter on a 5" cmmg rdb 9mm barrel and a 4.5" midwest industries handguard. you could easily get away with another 1/2" of handguard. the barrel threads are not undercut so you will need a small spacer or a 3 lug mount that is undercut at the shoulder end. my adapter will not go all the way down to the shoulder.

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

tons of room. this is the dead air 3 lug mount for the wolfman (still in jail) with kaw valley 3 lug adapter on a 5" cmmg rdb 9mm barrel and a 4.5" midwest industries handguard. you could easily get away with another 1/2" of handguard. the barrel threads are not undercut so you will need a small spacer or a 3 lug mount that is undercut at the shoulder end. my adapter will not go all the way down to the shoulder.

https://i.imgur.com/1EnIFEFh.jpg
View Quote
Thank you so much! That’s pretty much the exact configuration I was planning. I have a 1/2x28 set of accuwashers so I’ll likely use those.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I just got my wolfman back today. I first checked alignment and immediately went to the range.
Alignment looks much better then before. Todd told me the front module runout by itself was 30thou off and the body was 8thou.
He said they machined a new module and checked alignment. To me it looks like they redid the whole stack since the welds look different. They also refinished the whole thing. Feels much more slick and the color is slightly different too.
I shoot 200 rounds of various ammo though both of these. CZ scorpion micro and HK SP5. Both direct thread.
Every round was good and I had no issues.
I’m very happy. And I’m sure @mageever Todd is super happy to get me off his back.
My wolfman is now ribbed for her pleasure.

Attachment Attached File

CZ scorpion
Attachment Attached File

SP5
Attachment Attached File

Welds
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Color and welds looked more like my nomad before I sent it in.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Good job @mageever taking care of @1911xdm
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Cant wait for these to show back up at distributors! Think this will be a great compliment to my Ghost, plan on running it on my PCCs with the three lug setup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks guys.  I'm glad we got you taken of 1911XDM!
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks good! Do you prefer the short or long configuration with your SP5? Front heavy at all in long? Im waiting for mine to get out of jail. Got a while yet though...
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks good! Do you prefer the short or long configuration with your SP5? Front heavy at all in long? Im waiting for mine to get out of jail. Got a while yet though...
View Quote
Never tried it in short. I need to though. My mindset is always more baffles the better. I shot that whole day without ear pro. The mp5 definitely had less port pop then the CZ did.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Been waiting since July for mine to escape the ATF pergatory.  Who knows when that will happen.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Any word on the return of product to the Dead Air store? I heard they were supposed to restock towards the beginning of March. I'm looking for some Keymo accessories! (And hopefully soon, the SilencerCo Keymicro!)
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Never tried it in short. I need to though. My mindset is always more baffles the better. I shot that whole day without ear pro. The mp5 definitely had less port pop then the CZ did.
View Quote
I wonder if the Wolfman in long has a dB advantage over the wolf 9sd in long on the same host. I forget if this was ever mentioned. I remember a few people on youtube reviewing it saying it sounded quieter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I heard that there will be a KeyMicro adapter for Omega 9K threads as well? If true that'd be amazing, I could convert almost all my 3-lug devices to KeyMicro and have the same attachment for everything I use.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought I read in this thread that the short config was optimized for 9mm. Might get a little extra performance in the long...but probably increasing back pressure as well, which may hamper performance on some hosts too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#34]
If anyone's interested I came across one Wolfman in stock at Xtreme Guns and Ammo in Richmond, TX. I was about to jump on it until they told me the price (around $950 or $960 ). Can't remember the exact amount as I was a little surprised since I expected the usual $800.

As much as I want to get one asap in hopes of it being part of a batch approval I rather wait for someone to have it in stock at $800.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I wonder if the Wolfman in long has a dB advantage over the wolf 9sd in long on the same host. I forget if this was ever mentioned. I remember a few people on youtube reviewing it saying it sounded quieter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's still a big difference in the full.  Where you could say it's optimized in the full, it's at that point in the curve where the length of the main body provides the biggest impact.  Adding the module can still knock several dB off.  Just running the main body is better for reducing backpressure for the host weapon.  Every little bit counts for both at-ear sound and reducing bolt velocity on some guns that are sensitive to that.

For example, on an AR-9 that is blowback operated, the at-ear sound is not super.  I've metered a full 10 dB difference between an MP5 and an AR9 at the shooters ear (with the old Wolf-9SD).  That's the action opening too soon.  With the Wolfman main body only, it balances really well.  There's a reason why every image of a Noveske Space Invader has only the Wolfman main body on there.

Quoted:
I heard that there will be a KeyMicro adapter for Omega 9K threads as well? If true that'd be amazing, I could convert almost all my 3-lug devices to KeyMicro and have the same attachment for everything I use.
I can't actually say if that's going to happen.  But it will happen.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's still a big difference in the full.  Where you could say it's optimized in the full, it's at that point in the curve where the length of the main body provides the biggest impact.  Adding the module can still knock several dB off.  Just running the main body is better for reducing backpressure for the host weapon.  Every little bit counts for both at-ear sound and reducing bolt velocity on some guns that are sensitive to that.

For example, on an AR-9 that is blowback operated, the at-ear sound is not super.  I've metered a full 10 dB difference between an MP5 and an AR9 at the shooters ear (with the old Wolf-9SD).  That's the action opening too soon.  With the Wolfman main body only, it balances really well.  There's a reason why every image of a Noveske Space Invader has only the Wolfman main body on there.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Hey Todd do you have any 5.56 numbers with the wolfman? I feel like at this point I should probably just set a spot for you for family dinner on thanksgiving since we been talking so much lately.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I decided to try my wolfman on 5.56. Never used my keymicro tell today since my can has been in for repair. I tired a sandman K, S, nomad and this wolfman. I picked the most gassy rifle I had, my tavor X95. The sound seems on par with the nomad and better then the two sandman’s. But the gas blow back felt exactly the same as non suppressed. It was great. I only fired 20 rounds in short and 20 rounds in long in the Wolfman. Wolf gold.

Now for the bad news I think the keymicro I have might be a little fucky. It’s really sloppy and wobbles a lot more then the other sandman’s. Here is some videos of this. After about five rounds it got loose. I noticed it and got two more clicks out of it. Five more shots got loose again. Two more clicks loose.
I had the crank the living hell out of it to get it from loosening up. Way more then needed for the sandman’s.
I’m aware of the member here who shot his wolfman off his rifle with the keymicro. Maybe it’s a bad batch? I’m pretty sure it’s not user error.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Mines the same way with the wobble before locking it down, but once it’s ratcheted on, it’s solid. I’m assuming yours might need a little break in period to be able to ratchet the proper amount to properly secure it without superhuman strength.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mines the same way with the wobble before locking it down, but once it’s ratcheted on, it’s solid. I’m assuming yours might need a little break in period to be able to ratchet the proper amount to properly secure it without superhuman strength.
View Quote
Hmmm well I have these two sandman and a pyro. None of them wobble like crazy like this keymicro. Maybe it’s normal..... maybe our Lord and Savior Todd Magee can answer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi Chris, or should I say "buttpirate 57"?

The wobble before is normal.  We've reduced the "bushing alignment" feature that is a diameter inside the mount that used to have a tight, bushing-like alignment fit, with the diameter behind the taper of the can.  There's more clearance on new Sandman suppressors too.

It appears the rotation is proper.  It's good for everyone to know, that a Micro KeyMount muzzle device (the Micro Brake here in your case), will require the suppressor to rotate about 1/3-2/3 of a full revolution.  A normal KeyMount flash hider or brake will allow for 1/2-3/4 typically.  It should never rotate a full 360.  I didn't observe that in the videos, so I think you're OK there.

The need to really tighten it a couple times could be indicative of the Detent Ring teeth being so new and perfectly sharp. Usually tightening it and loosening it several times helps.  Sometimes taking the Compression Nut and Detent Ring off and rubbing the little teeth on super fine sandpaper is enough to make it be super smooth.  Adding a drop of lube on the face of the detent ring can help too and working the mount several times is good too.

The first batch of these was literally the last thing that was assembled at the old factory, so if anyone has one they want us to inspect, we're more than happy too.  The issue with the other customer's KeyMicro was the assembler didn't rotate the Compression Nut on all the way.  It was one revolution off and it allowed the customer to rotate it a full 360 degrees, which is a sign that it's not right and there's slack in the system.

I'll PM you some diagnostic steps to try out.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hi Chris, or should I say "buttpirate 57"?

The wobble before is normal.  We've reduced the "bushing alignment" feature that is a diameter inside the mount that used to have a tight, bushing-like alignment fit, with the diameter behind the taper of the can.  There's more clearance on new Sandman suppressors too.

It appears the rotation is proper.  It's good for everyone to know, that a Micro KeyMount muzzle device (the Micro Brake here in your case), will require the suppressor to rotate about 1/3-2/3 of a full revolution.  A normal KeyMount flash hider or brake will allow for 1/2-3/4 typically.  It should never rotate a full 360.  I didn't observe that in the videos, so I think you're OK there.

The need to really tighten it a couple times could be indicative of the Detent Ring teeth being so new and perfectly sharp. Usually tightening it and loosening it several times helps.  Sometimes taking the Compression Nut and Detent Ring off and rubbing the little teeth on super fine sandpaper is enough to make it be super smooth.  Adding a drop of lube on the face of the detent ring can help too and working the mount several times is good too.

The first batch of these was literally the last thing that was assembled at the old factory, so if anyone has one they want us to inspect, we're more than happy too.  The issue with the other customer's KeyMicro was the assembler didn't rotate the Compression Nut on all the way.  It was one revolution off and it allowed the customer to rotate it a full 360 degrees, which is a sign that it's not right and there's slack in the system.

I'll PM you some diagnostic steps to try out.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
I go by many names.
Thanks again and that makes sense with the bushing alignment ring. I need to go shoot it some more to wear it in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#42]
@Mageever do you have anymore info on when my new updated Wolfman 3lug adapter will be completed and shipped out to me?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@Mageever do you have anymore info on when my new updated Wolfman 3lug adapter will be completed and shipped out to me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you already sent it to our CS guys, I believe they are receiving the parts this coming week.  Much of our CS work is being done by our group in Utah, so there's been a delay moving inventory and getting things set up there.  Super sorry about that.  It's happening fast now, though.

Quoted:

Hey Todd do you have any 5.56 numbers with the wolfman? I feel like at this point I should probably just set a spot for you for family dinner on thanksgiving since we been talking so much lately.
I haaaaate posting sound numbers.  People see these as absolutes and then look up a competitors number listed on their website (i.e. their "marketing numbers") or some independent reviewers and make a judgement call based on a dB or two.  Sound testing can always swing across a several dB range due to environmental factors and varying test equipment.  And even then, you can make it sound how you want with different host weapons and ammo, or by placing the mic back behind the front of the suppressor.  At-ear numbers on bolt actions can be the silliest.  The guys with the longest cans on the longest barrels be like, "Check out my at-ear results!". Lol.

With that said, I'm super happy with how well this performs on 5.56.  The front cap provided makes it a little loud in the short configuration, though.  I mean, it's a Ø.440" aperture, so you have to expect that.  My Ops Inc 12th model is over half as small at Ø.261.  These numbers are with the large cap.

It's also good to note that the large bore means lower backpressure for this kind of baffle.  It also means that adding a 5.56 cap can increase that backpressure.  My favorite setup is using the main body with a 5.56 flash hider front cap where I've checked bore alignment with a rod (always do this when changing caps).

16", M193 ammo

Short: 141 dB with included Ø.440 front cap (with a .308 cap, this will fall around 138-139.  A flash hider 5.56 cap will be below that and sounds amazing for the size.  I don't have sound numbers, just observational data.)
Long:  134 dB with included Ø.440 front cap

Todd Magee
Dead Air
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I know ive posted this before, but my experience with a Wolfman in long config (with just the wipe end cap) on a 14.5” 556 with the gas dialed in had it comparable to a 300 blk shooting supers. As close to Hollywood quiet I’ve ever heard a 556 AR.

Out of curiosity (and possibly for min/maxing), is it the Nomad end caps etc that fit on the Wolfman?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah the endcaps for the Wolfman, Nomad, and Sandman series are all the same. So if you are trying to put a wipe on your nomad or sandman you can do it. Or if you want to put a 5.56 endcap on your wolfman that is possible as well
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#46]
i finally received my Dead Air Wolf-9SD out of ATF jail and I decided to go the 3-lug route for mounting.  I've read through this thread and I understand that Dead Air redesigned this particular adapter for various reasons but I could not tell if they finished the redesign.  It looks like it is out of stock on their website.  Does anyone know if the new 3-lug adapter is still in development and has not been released or it it just out of stock?  They don't list a specific model number on their website https://deadairsilencers.com/product/ghost-m-3-lug/.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah the endcaps for the Wolfman, Nomad, and Sandman series are all the same. So if you are trying to put a wipe on your nomad or sandman you can do it. Or if you want to put a 5.56 endcap on your wolfman that is possible as well
View Quote
My wiped endcap does not fit on my sandman’s. It bottoms out before the taper engages. Hits the baffle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#48]
thanks bro!!  i went by there today and picked up the wolfman.  they are literally 12 mins from my house.

I hate to tell u what i bought it for though.  it wasn't $965...

good luck finding one
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If anyone's interested I came across one Wolfman in stock at Xtreme Guns and Ammo in Richmond, TX. I was about to jump on it until they told me the price (around $950 or $960 ). Can't remember the exact amount as I was a little surprised since I expected the usual $800.

As much as I want to get one asap in hopes of it being part of a batch approval I rather wait for someone to have it in stock at $800.
View Quote
thanks bro!! i went by there today and picked up the wolfman. they are literally 12 mins from my house.

I hate to tell u what i bought it for though. it wasn't $965...

good luck finding one
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Silencer Shop

We wanted you to know that these products are now available.

Dead Air Wolfman
https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-wolfman.html
View Quote
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top