Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but did OP contact CS other than just the email where he received the canned response?

Personally , I would have called and explained the situation and let them know I expected a pre-paid label for the 2nd trip back

Paying for shipping the first time isn't something I would get worked up over, I've sent 3 different firearm related products from 3 different manufacturers in for repair in the last fee weeks and paid shipping every time.
View Quote
I didn’t call. It’s not really about the shipping cost on its own.  I didn’t make a big stink over it but it’s relevant to the topic and something worth sharing with folks here.  If you want GA to cover shipping you’ll have to ask bc they won’t offer.

The real issue is the fact that two silencer have had the same problem more than once. Based on what @Green0 said it’s two out of thousands. I’m just lucky I guess since I got those two.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone want to buy some GA mounts?  Barely used, probably not broken.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear. It’s now a matter of principle. First time, sure. Second time, nope. It’s just a damn shipping label. The “it’s not my department” response doesn’t fly here. He just needs to stick his head out of the office and yell to the CS dept to handle this right or “what’s the sign-on to fedex/ups/usps so I can send a label for a customer” is all that is needed. I’m sure you’ll get a note with a code for 20% off an accessory with your can as an “sorry for your inconvenience”.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know exactly how I'm going to keep from having a problem with a Griffin can: by not making the mistake of buying one in the first place.

What a horrible response.
View Quote
Bingo.  Don't own any griffin cans and will not be buying any...
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I didn’t call. It’s not really about the shipping cost on its own.  I didn’t make a big stink over it but it’s relevant to the topic and something worth sharing with folks here.  If you want GA to cover shipping you’ll have to ask bc they won’t offer.

The real issue is the fact that two silencer have had the same problem more than once. Based on what @Green0 said it’s two out of thousands. I’m just lucky I guess since I got those two.
View Quote
Buy a lotto ticket on the way to UpS
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Out of the thousands that have been produced how many are still sitting at dealers pending approval or even been sold yet? Once you start looking at it that way I bet less than 1k are even in the wild. Probably closer to hundreds.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#7]
@10mm_
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Out of the thousands that have been produced how many are still sitting at dealers pending approval or even been sold yet? Once you start looking at it that way I bet less than 1k are even in the wild. Probably closer to hundreds.
View Quote
Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@10mm_
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was told to send them for inspection, same as I was the first time. I didn’t contact them after that. Shipping with insurance ain’t cheap on $2k worth of broken silencers but is what it is. I’ll take the bath on shipping and chalk this up to a life lesson.
View Quote
....You didn’t reply and say hey wait, y’all need to foot the bill?  You CAN stick up for yourself and asked for answers and all that.

Obviously their canned CS reply is substandard.  Give them a little bit of “you gon’ learn today!”

Not sure what’s happened to Griffin’s CS....growing pains and all that maybe?  I bought a SNACH very early on and THEY contacted ME and despite my spring not having a problem, they sent me a new one with a different tension because of some potential problem they found out about after product roll out.

That kind of proactive attitude needs to be found in the back of the supply closet, quickly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
This response is probably going to stir up some shit...

Last year had a relatively minor issue with my AAC Tirant, and AAC  bent over backwards to get it taken care of from the moment I contacted them, to include shipping...
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This response is probably going to stir up some shit...

Last year had a relatively minor issue with my AAC Tirant, and AAC  bent over backwards to get it taken care of from the moment I contacted them, to include shipping...
View Quote
I see that as pretty normal, especially for things like baffle strikes
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I missed it, but did they ever say what the issue was?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but did they ever say what the issue was?
View Quote
Nope. Just “repaired it” and sent it back almost 3 weeks after receiving it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope. Just "repaired it" and sent it back almost 3 weeks after receiving it.
View Quote
That sucks. My Griffin cans have been perfect. Hopefully this is a small bump in the road and not a sign of things to come.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Say customer service one more time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there is a problem with the product, customer service will work with you to make it right.   Maybe customer service didn't properly handle this one.  We don't have enough service issues like this to have an official repair protocol for it.  I've been mentioned in the thread but I don't handle the customer service problems.  The customer service e-mail and phone contact is the way to communicate with customer service.  I'll bring this up in the next manufacturing meeting with the customer service department manager.  Thousands of Recce's have been sold and only a handful have had this issue.  It's raining and pouring when one customer has 2 of 6 units I've ever heard of.  This problem will be resolved.  All problems with our product get resolved.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
perfect
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
My concern would be if there was a bad run.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That sucks. My Griffin cans have been perfect. Hopefully this is a small bump in the road and not a sign of things to come.
View Quote
Here's a hint:  most manufacturing defects (as opposed to design deficiencies) occur well below 1% and may not even be perceived as defective, and most disclosures of these issues on social media are probably 20% of that.  That's not to say a process can't go out of control AND inspection escapes allow a significant percentage of defectives into a supply chain.  What I am saying is our view and sampling rate as consumers and forum followers means there is very low odds that complaints on forums represents anything close to the aggregate quality level for a mature product and process.

However, given that most consumers don't live in fleet-level product pools, reality doesn't matter and perception on forums likely can have a disproportionate impact on sales.  Statistics is no comfort when you are the outlier and consumers don't like becoming inventory in a standardized customer service process.

A good marketing engineer would add a rattle-feature to every product and declare it a dynamic acoustic inertia modulator and carry on...
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would be nice for the 2 whos same model cans that are rattling contact each other and see how far there serials are apart.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Would be nice for the 2 whos same model cans that are rattling contact each other and see how far there serials are apart.
View Quote
Counting the OP, there is a total of three members with issues.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Counting the OP, there is a total of three members with issues.
View Quote
wow thought it was 2 members with 3 cans between them.

SO are we dealing with a total of 4 cans or 3 cans?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like 4.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would be my interest.. what's the serial numbers of the effected cans.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there is a problem with the product, customer service will work with you to make it right.   Maybe customer service didn't properly handle this one.  We don't have enough service issues like this to have an official repair protocol for it.  I've been mentioned in the thread but I don't handle the customer service problems.  The customer service e-mail and phone contact is the way to communicate with customer service.  I'll bring this up in the next manufacturing meeting with the customer service department manager.  Thousands of Recce's have been sold and only a handful have had this issue.  It's raining and pouring when one customer has 2 of 6 units I've ever heard of.  This problem will be resolved.  All problems with our product get resolved.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they both mod4?

At a certain point the manufacturer will want to blame the customer(ammo, upper, firing schedule, gender ) if it’s truly two cans from the same customer (discounting the other two posters) out of “thousands” of samples
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Geez, that is one of the worst responses from a business I've ever read.  Seems they dont have many product problems, so they dont really have any plan to handle them.  And being OP has two cans with problems out of thousands they've made, well his problems can't really be expected to be taken seriously now , can they?

Of course that's not the customer service guy's response,  just the customer relations guy
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but did OP contact CS other than just the email where he received the canned response?

Personally , I would have called and explained the situation and let them know I expected a pre-paid label for the 2nd trip back

Paying for shipping the first time isn't something I would get worked up over, I've sent 3 different firearm related products from 3 different manufacturers in for repair in the last fee weeks and paid shipping every time.
View Quote
I agree on the first time he paid for shipping...but the problem reoccurring and how Griffin ignored it here, plus the second time paying for shipping...I wouldn’t be happy.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that Griffin missed all of those @ mentions in the thread and I also have a hard time believing that Griffin is so large of a company that CS never speaks with the company owners.  Bear in mind, I posted here a while back ago saying in essence that eating the shipping cost the first time isn’t anything to get worked up over.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Geez, that is one of the worst responses from a business I've ever read.  Seems they dont have many product problems, so they dont really have any plan to handle them.  And being OP has two cans with problems out of thousands they've made, well his problems can't really be expected to be taken seriously now , can they?

Of course that's not the customer service guy's response,  just the customer relations guy
View Quote
Typical response from him/them when stuff like this happens. Full of knowledge but sometimes
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
....You didn’t reply and say hey wait, y’all need to foot the bill?  You CAN stick up for yourself and asked for answers and all that.

Obviously their canned CS reply is substandard.  Give them a little bit of “you gon’ learn today!”
View Quote
That's what I did with a recent return that I'd already spent money on shipping, so they gave me a UPS tag via email. Years ago when I returned a Colt I sent them a copy of the shipping invoice and they reimbursed me.

It would be best for the company to offer up the help quickly and freely, but if they don't think of it, following up with a reasonable tone and demands isn't out of line.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Possibly learn CS?  Instead of owning the problem, Green0 decided to assign the blame to someone else in his company.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree on the first time he paid for shipping...but the problem reoccurring and how Griffin ignored it here, plus the second time paying for shipping...I wouldn't be happy.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that Griffin missed all of those @ mentions in the thread and I also have a hard time believing that Griffin is so large of a company that CS never speaks with the company owners.  Bear in mind, I posted here a while back ago saying in essence that eating the shipping cost the first time isn't anything to get worked up over.
View Quote
Never mind.. he said it best
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are they both mod4?

At a certain point the manufacturer will want to blame the customer(ammo, upper, firing schedule, gender ) if it’s truly two cans from the same customer (discounting the other two posters) out of “thousands” of samples
View Quote
Mine are both mod4 and were new, picked up only a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine:

Recce 5 - 16XX
Recce 7 - 23XX
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Been a while since I peeked in on this thread. I was one of the folks that had a rattl’n Recce. My experience was pretty good. Pretty decent turn around. I have put a few hundred rounds through it since the repair and everything is as it should be.
It does make me loose a bit of confidence after hearing how this thread has developed. Mine is a Mod 4.
REC5-16xx
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Been a while since I peeked in on this thread. I was one of the folks that had a rattl’n Recce. My experience was pretty good. Pretty decent turn around. I have put a few hundred rounds through it since the repair and everything is as it should be.
It does make me loose a bit of confidence after hearing how this thread has developed. Mine is a Mod 4.
REC5-16xx
View Quote
@mzevenb3596 you know the serial # series of your Recce?  Both me and Lot-a-sap Recce 5 are in the 1600 range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Mine:

Recce 5 - 16XX
Recce 7 - 23XX
View Quote
My Recce 7 serial is 15xx bought 08/2017. Several have made it into the wild since buying mine then
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
REC5-16xx
View Quote
Did they tell you what was wrong with It?
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My Recce 7 serial is 15xx bought 08/2017. Several have made it into the wild since buying mine then
View Quote
It’s a Mod4?  I’m not sure when the mod change happened.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s a Mod4?  I’m not sure when the mod change happened.
View Quote
They had pictures on their Instagram of the new Recce 5 Mod 4 in February 2017.  It wasn’t a product unveiling, just a production picture, and @Green0 said in a post in April 2017 that he didn’t think any Mod 3s were shipping out at that point due to the new Mod 4 being out so it’s been a solid two years and change
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
No they did not. When I spoke to the guy on the phone; they called to let me know it was shipping back. I inquired about what the issue might have been. He explained that he didn’t have that information but knew it wasn’t anything I had done wrong. I left it at that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They had pictures on their Instagram of the new Recce 5 Mod 4 in February 2017.  It wasn’t a product unveiling, just a production picture, and @Green0 said in a post in April 2017 that he didn’t think any Mod 3s were shipping out at that point due to the new Mod 4 being out so it’s been a solid two years and change
View Quote
Good info thanks ????
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So, to be clear, you have a customer service CF posted on one of the biggest gun forums on the internet, and you can’t get up, walk across the office, and talk to the customer service manager BEFORE posting for the first time on PAGE 3? After being tagged a half dozen times or so? Zero chance that I’ll be buying Griffin anything in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, to be clear, you have a customer service CF posted on one of the biggest gun forums on the internet, and you can’t get up, walk across the office, and talk to the customer service manager BEFORE posting for the first time on PAGE 3? After being tagged a half dozen times or so? Zero chance that I’ll be buying Griffin anything in the future.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s Monday and was curious if anything positive came of this?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It’s Monday and was curious if anything positive came of this?
View Quote
Nothing yet. I sent both back on Saturday via UPS. Expected to arrive at GA on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Not impressed by GA's customer service here. Especially when a company acts annoyed by someone sending back a defective product.

But in a situation like this, I would pick up the phone and call to tell them the problem. Sending an email with no confrontation ensures their CS monkeys are going to give a passive and lazy response because there is no human being talking in their ear.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not impressed by GA's customer service here. Especially when a company acts annoyed by someone sending back a defective product.

But in a situation like this, I would pick up the phone and call to tell them the problem. Sending an email with no confrontation ensures their CS monkeys are going to give a passive and lazy response because there is no human being talking in their ear.
View Quote
The first time this happened or the second?  It’s not like the company isn’t aware of this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Every Friday the owners get on IG for a live feed chat. Would be a nice time to bring it up and see what they have to say about it. Would be hard to ignore 5-6 guys asking the same question out of 20ppl watching.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Every Friday the owners get on IG for a live feed chat. Would be a nice time to bring it up and see what they have to say about it. Would be hard to ignore 5-6 guys asking the same question out of 20ppl watching.
View Quote
Do they still do that? I haven't seen the notification in a while?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top