Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Ran out and bought a strap wrench and got the Recce 7 off.  Definitely some noise in there.  I guess I am sending both back...again.

Interesting that they both seem to sound the same as they did the first time.  It really seems like it was the repair that failed.  Major buyers remorse right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ran out and bought a strap wrench and got the Recce 7 off.  Definitely some noise in there.  I guess I am sending both back...again.

Interesting that they both seem to sound the same as they did the first time.  It really seems like it was the repair that failed.  Major buyers remorse right now.
View Quote
That’s sucks. I’m still holding out hoping the will hook you up big time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for updates
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn. That's discouraging.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Even an abundantly reasonable person would be getting irritated by now.  Tag for updates, threads like these help to make or break reputations.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe we should try baiting them with a Q product announcement or a new Kevin Brittingham mug shot. Im sure they would rush in to sh*t post on something like that within seconds.
View Quote
Or they’d prolly react with a new product line to bait Q
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we should try baiting them with a Q product announcement or a new Kevin Brittingham mug shot. Im sure they would rush in to sh*t post on something like that within seconds.
If I had a broken triggering can I'd try to trade it to Q for a couple of rainbow welded titanium cans.  They might need a new foil for their Instagwam Harambie advert campaign now that independent metering of the rifle grenade can is hanging in there.

Seriously though, in these times, it really sucks to see any suppressor manufacturer having issues, but with wait times now I'm more bummed for us consumers.   We can all take our money elsewhere and get satisfaction in, oh, maybe 9-14 months.  Sigh....
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything via Instagram/email?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anything via Instagram/email?
View Quote
Other than the response they sent to my email, nothing. I’m not really a social media guy outside of this site.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even an abundantly reasonable person would be getting irritated by now.  Tag for updates, threads like these help to make or break reputations.
View Quote
I like to think I’m a reasonable guy and this is a bit irritating. You hope the repair is going to be thorough and well done.  It’s also frustrating bc they’re new and neither has a lot of rounds through them. Couple that with the issue impacting both new cans and it seems like a pattern rather than one isolated thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd also be ticked that I wasn't told the nature of the problem and the repairs made.

Didn't another member have a similar issue?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seriously though, in these times, it really sucks to see any suppressor manufacturer having issues, but with wait times now I'm more bummed for us consumers.   We can all take our money elsewhere and get satisfaction in, oh, maybe 9-14 months.  Sigh....
View Quote
Yeah your right, I am a big suppressor nut and want every rimfire can made but recent wait times and companies wavering during this sales slump makes me hesitant to buy. Especially from the small shops but it seems like the big shops can have issues as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd also be ticked that I wasn't told the nature of the problem and the repairs made.

View Quote
Yes, I think it was mzevanb1396
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should let KB at Q in on this shitstorm. We haven’t had drama in a while
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Bored at work...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Careful, you’re going to a letter from their lawyers
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
El oh el
View All Quotes
Don’t post on FB when you’ve been tagged multiple times on arf over a repeat blunder
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another member is debating canceling his Recce 5 order.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll say this, other than this current issue I do like the can. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I'd found this thread at the time of my purchase but I can't go back so hopefully they can fix them properly this next time.  Since I woke up this morning, I swear I've probably asked myself, "both of them, two times, after less than 100 rounds?" about 100 times.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Definitely great suppressors when they don’t fail.

Having a good product is only half the battle. Since these items are lifetime purchases, GREAT CS is needed, no exceptions. Pretty much just like anything else out there.

I’m not a fan of GA CS but do like their stuff. Because of this, I won’t buy anymore of their products. Those explorr cans seem like they will be fantastic cans, I just need the company to do a bit more in taking care of the customer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Having a good product is only half the battle. Since these items are lifetime purchases, GREAT CS is needed, no exceptions. Pretty much just like anything else out there.

I’m not a fan of GA CS but do like their stuff. Because of this, I won’t buy anymore of their products. Those explorr cans seem like they will be fantastic cans, I just need the company to do a bit more in taking care of the customer.
View Quote
You make a good point about being lifetime purchases.  It's not like reselling a lightly used upper or something.  The cost/benefit isn't there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You make a good point about being lifetime purchases.  It's not like reselling a lightly used upper or something.  The cost/benefit isn't there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I wonder how much longer @green0 or @griffinarmament is going to let this thread go. Pitchforks and gasoline for the dumpster have already been handed out. Matches are next. ??
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]
The Explorr was on my buy list, but I'd hate to wait a year and find out I got a lemon.

GA needs to identify the problem with Recce's, let the public know what they found, they extent of it, what they're doing to rectify it, and insure it doesn't reoccur with that line and other lines.

It's likely a limited issue, but fixing someone's suppressor and not giving any details about the repair doesn't instill confidence. Especially when the repair doesn't work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Does it say front towards Arabs on it or is that extra now
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
This is making me second guess ever using my recce 5 again, thank god my turbo should be out of jail in the near future
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd be me. I was on the fence to begin with since I can't find as much info on their suppressors as I can the other big guys. Maybe that's just me not looking in the right places.

Either way, I may end up going with a Saker...
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If there is a problem with the product, customer service will work with you to make it right.   Maybe customer service didn't properly handle this one.  We don't have enough service issues like this to have an official repair protocol for it.  I've been mentioned in the thread but I don't handle the customer service problems.  The customer service e-mail and phone contact is the way to communicate with customer service.  I'll bring this up in the next manufacturing meeting with the customer service department manager.  Thousands of Recce's have been sold and only a handful have had this issue.  It's raining and pouring when one customer has 2 of 6 units I've ever heard of.  This problem will be resolved.  All problems with our product get resolved.
View Quote
Alright
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If there is a problem with the product, customer service will work with you to make it right.   Maybe customer service didn't properly handle this one.  We don't have enough service issues like this to have an official repair protocol for it.  I've been mentioned in the thread but I don't handle the customer service problems.  The customer service e-mail and phone contact is the way to communicate with customer service.  I'll bring this up in the next manufacturing meeting with the customer service department manager.  Thousands of Recce's have been sold and only a handful have had this issue.  It's raining and pouring when one customer has 2 of 6 units I've ever heard of.  This problem will be resolved.  All problems with our product get resolved.
View Quote
Well, I feel better now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well, I feel better now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I feel better now.
lol. Who owns/co-owns GA again?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll say this, other than this current issue I do like the can. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I'd found this thread at the time of my purchase but I can't go back so hopefully they can fix them properly this next time.  Since I woke up this morning, I swear I've probably asked myself, "both of them, two times, after less than 100 rounds?" about 100 times.
View Quote
I didn’t have to wait for a tax stamp but my $1000 ACOG crapped the bed after ~30 rounds.  And Trijicon hasn’t exactly done anything but told me they received my item and their CS said they would have to “wait and see” if it would be a warrantied repair (on a NEW ACOG). Its going on 2 weeks now, and I also had to pay for shipping.  They sent me repair authorization but they don’t pay for freight.  I think in this case Griffin should definitely pay for the 2nd trip though

OP maybe I missed it but have you contacted their CS again?  What are they saying?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad to see GA finally responded, but as a GA Alpha owner who is all in on taper mounts, so $1500+ invested, the response is not too reassuring. Working for a large multinational manufacturer, I completely understand the different departments, but I also know how to get our CS team to jump on a consumer issue to get it resolved satisfactorily. When CS isn't cutting it and their level of service is beginning to cause damage to the brand, it's time for anyone to step in, for the company's sake.

A consumer should NEVER have to spend a penny to have a product serviced/replaced under warranty. All expenses related to warranty are the responsibility of the manufacturer and are built into the cost of said product. They may allocate $5 from every unit sold to warranty and 98% have no issues whatsoever, but the other 2% may be $80-400 each, so on average they're all covered.

I hope the OP gets taken care of once and for all! I also hope he gets a couple free mounts for the the expense and hassle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If there is a problem with the product, customer service will work with you to make it right.   Maybe customer service didn't properly handle this one.  We don't have enough service issues like this to have an official repair protocol for it.  I've been mentioned in the thread but I don't handle the customer service problems.  The customer service e-mail and phone contact is the way to communicate with customer service.  I'll bring this up in the next manufacturing meeting with the customer service department manager.  
View Quote
Jesus, if I represented a company and heard a customer had a TERRIBLE experience like OP, I would go out of my way to personally ensure it was corrected to the customer's satisfaction. But Griffin Armament, you do you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know exactly how I'm going to keep from having a problem with a Griffin can: by not making the mistake of buying one in the first place.

What a horrible response.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow. How reassuring.

Seems like whenever it's been a while and I begin to think I should maybe consider GA for my next purchase, Green0 shows up and kicks that can down the road.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Uninspiring.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wow. How reassuring.

Seems like whenever it's been a while and I begin to think I should maybe consider GA for my next purchase, Green0 shows up and kicks that can down the road.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Any chance the 15% off father's day code I just got in an email can be used for return shipping on warranty work?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know exactly how I'm going to keep from having a problem with a Griffin can: by not making the mistake of buying one in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, to be clear, you have a customer service CF posted on one of the biggest gun forums on the internet, and you can’t get up, walk across the office, and talk to the customer service manager BEFORE posting for the first time on PAGE 3? After being tagged a half dozen times or so? Zero chance that I’ll be buying Griffin anything in the future.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wow. How reassuring.

View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not everyone is geared for PR.  Your post is clearly not geared for PR.  You make excellent cans, don't let their good sounds be drowned out by the bad sounds of sub-par customer service.  Definitely don't let it happen on an open forum.  I love my Griffin products...  My Optimus Micro is absolutely my favorite of the eight cans that I own.  I'm not trashing you, I'm trying to help you.  The ironic thing is that this thread could have (still could, I suppose) turned out to be a CS/reputation win for Griffin.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Lame.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not everyone is geared for PR.  Your post is clearly not geared for PR.  You make excellent cans, don't let their good sounds be drowned out by the bad sounds of sub-par customer service.  Definitely don't let it happen on an open forum.  I love my Griffin products...  My Optimus Micro is absolutely my favorite of the eight cans that I own.  I'm not trashing you, I'm trying to help you.  The ironic thing is that this thread could have (still could, I suppose) turned out to be a CS/reputation win for Griffin.
View Quote
Sounds like instead of waiting until the next meeting it's time to call a meeting with CS, find out wtf is going on, and shake someone's tree if necessary.

This, coming from someone who loves the GA can he has, just put another in jail, contemplating another, just got a few hundred dollars in accessories in the mail yesterday, but when there's a rare problem with something is often "that guy".
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I always take threads where people are having every problem under the sun with one company with a grain of salt.  But, this one seems extra strange with at least one other Ardcommer having a similar problem.  If there isn't foreign matter in the can, Griffin should be footing the shipping both ways and turning the repair around right quick.  I have three Griffin cans, and sing their praises to anyone and everyone.  But, this thread is a massive disappointment.  Griffin needs to be here telling us what the problem is with the cans, why they aren't being fixed, and why their warranty doesn't seem to be as ironclad as they want us to think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:44:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe I missed it, but did OP contact CS other than just the email where he received the canned response?

Personally , I would have called and explained the situation and let them know I expected a pre-paid label for the 2nd trip back

Paying for shipping the first time isn't something I would get worked up over, I've sent 3 different firearm related products from 3 different manufacturers in for repair in the last fee weeks and paid shipping every time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I didn’t have to wait for a tax stamp but my $1000 ACOG crapped the bed after ~30 rounds.  And Trijicon hasn’t exactly done anything but told me they received my item and their CS said they would have to “wait and see” if it would be a warrantied repair (on a NEW ACOG). Its going on 2 weeks now, and I also had to pay for shipping.  They sent me repair authorization but they don’t pay for freight.  I think in this case Griffin should definitely pay for the 2nd trip though

OP maybe I missed it but have you contacted their CS again?  What are they saying?
View Quote
I was told to send them for inspection, same as I was the first time. I didn’t contact them after that. Shipping with insurance ain’t cheap on $2k worth of broken silencers but is what it is. I’ll take the bath on shipping and chalk this up to a life lesson.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top