Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent you an IM.
View Quote
@Green0

Sent a reply.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I got out and put 60 rounds through my repaired Recce 7 version 4 yesterday.  5.56, got it nice and hot.  I'm happy to report - No rattle.

Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got out and put 60 rounds through my repaired Recce 7 version 4 yesterday.  5.56, got it nice and hot.  I'm happy to report - No rattle.

https://i.imgur.com/IgfYK91.jpg
View Quote
good stuffs.  how you like that muzzle device?  barrel length and how loud is it un unsuppressed?  I need a taper mount for a 10.5, thinking FH to avoid making louder than it already is.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
good stuffs.  how you like that muzzle device?  barrel length and how loud is it un unsuppressed?  I need a taper mount for a 10.5, thinking FH to avoid making louder than it already is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/IgfYK91.jpg
Give me a couple of days and i will post a video comparison of the shooting with and without the can. 11.5 is loud, but the GA tactical compensator did a great job, imho, of keeping the concussion low along with negligible muzzle flip.  I really liked it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered the Recce 5 from Hanson Bro’s after this thread.
Pick-my-next-5-56-can

After only 60rds of M193. I called GA, they sent me a RMA about 10 minutes later. They were suppose to send me a shipping label. I never received it, so I went ahead and shipped it, about 1 week later my Recce 5 was returned.

Here’s the Recce repaired.

I’ve only ran 30rds through it after being returned, I was going to throughly test today, but I’m down with the flu. I’ll report back soon.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ordered the Recce 5 from Hanson Bro’s after this thread.
Pick-my-next-5-56-can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQEJJwxEFac

After only 60rds of M193. I called GA, they sent me a RMA about 10 minutes later. They were suppose to send me a shipping label. I never received it, so I went ahead and shipped it, about 1 week later my Recce 5 was returned.

Here’s the Recce repaired.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/483906/322063EF-3ABD-4837-B85F-4496B93C03F6-1188222.jpg

I’ve only ran 30rds through it after being returned, I was going to throughly test today, but I’m down with the flu. I’ll report back soon.
View Quote
sorry to hear about your troubles, definitely report back once you've shot it again.  feel better my man!
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
So after seeing this thread I went to visit my recce 5 and recce 7 that I have in jail.... sure enough the recce 7 rattles just likes the video above. The 5 seems ok but I’m requesting they look at both since they are in jail. That way I’m not out shooting time once they clear.

Have 6 other cans this is the first time I have ever had a problem with one assuming it’s addressed and the preform like all the reviews say I won’t hold it against them to much.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

sorry to hear about your troubles, definitely report back once you've shot it again.  feel better my man!
View Quote
Update

I ran 300 rounds of 55.6, 200 rounds of 5.7x28, and I did not have any issues. The rattle seems to be fixed.

Griffin did a good job of fixing the suppressor, except for not sending me a shipping label, I really have no complaints.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Update

I ran 300 rounds of 55.6, 200 rounds of 5.7x28, and I did not have any issues. The rattle seems to be fixed.

Griffin did a good job of fixing the suppressor, except for not sending me a shipping label, I really have no complaints.
View Quote
You paid to send it to them for repair?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, sent by UPS as "warranty metal parts".
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#16]
So I'm assuming everyone who has had repairs is satisfied?

I JUST picked up my GP-7, didn't think about it until I got home, but remembered the rattle.

Took it out of the box, and sure enough it's got a faint rattle you can hear and feel. Hasn't even been shot by me.

Not bashing Griffin, love their products, but guess I have to get it fixed ??
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I'm assuming everyone who has had repairs is satisfied?

I JUST picked up my GP-7, didn't think about it until I got home, but remembered the rattle.

Took it out of the box, and sure enough it's got a faint rattle you can hear and feel. Hasn't even been shot by me.

Not bashing Griffin, love their products, but guess I have to get it fixed ??
View Quote
Ahh damn
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Hang fire
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be fair, I had to send a brand new ACOG to Trijicon recently at my own expense for warranty work. Paid shipping/RMA slips are nice but to expect them?  Not so sure I agree with that
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Contact Customer service [email protected] and tell them to send you a return label and issue an RMA and they will get that taken care of.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
View Quote
No problem! Shit happens and I'm sure it will get fixed.

Good thing is I don't actually have a host yet so it's not like I'm going to be anxiously waiting for it to try out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

To be fair, I had to send a brand new ACOG to Trijicon recently at my own expense for warranty work. Paid shipping/RMA slips are nice but to expect them?  Not so sure I agree with that
View Quote
That was my thought.... but... here is a copy paste of the email, I received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Service
Attachments
Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 3:06 PM
to me

Good Afternoon,
My apologies you are experiencing this issue. You will receive a shipping label by the end of the day today.

Please send your suppressor, muzzle device a copy of your Form 4, as well as the attached Warranty Service authorization form to:

Hearing Protection LLC
Attn. Warranty RMA #436
801 S 12th St
Watertown, WI 53094

Please Reference RMA 436  on the Warranty Service Authorization form as well

Once your suppressor has been received we will inspect the damages, contact you to authorize any service repairs, and get your suppressor back to as quickly as possible.

The suppressor does not need to be sent via your FFL/ SOT and may simply be mailed via your preferred shipping method.

Respectfully,

Griffin Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my complaint with that.

Does the can sound good?: sure for a 5.56 it really does.
Am I happy with the repair?: welding looks rough, I have ran this can HARD after the repair and it has not failed again, but my faith is a little shaken.
Would I buy Griffin again? ...... Probably not, first can failed at 60 rounds, now I have a re-weld (the can NEW was a like a sexy, sleek model that had small curves that flowed, now she has a neck tattoo and a uni-brow).

I work hard for my money, I expect a quality product for my money.

QC really dropped the ball on this (and the 7+ others). CS dropped the ball on the shipping.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
None of these silencers failed.  They had a minor assembly issue that manifested itself in a clicking sound when shaken.  We serviced the clicking sound because it was a serviceable issue causing customer concern. The cans were never going to fail.

The service process isn't a production process.  It is a fully manual process in which the can is cut and taken apart, various processes happen and it is re-welded, blasted, painted, and reshipped. The nature of the manual repair process isn't going to be able to have the same cosmetic consistency as the original production process.  We have to work with the registered tube.
View Quote
So, while that baffle is free to move to it's new position the POI doesn't shift? It certainly did until it reached its new location, once there it was fine until shaken.

I think if something has to go back to the manufacture for repair (that was not cause by a negligent user) it has already failed. I think if my can has to be re-welded because of a DEFECT it's already failed.
I think if a customer is promised a shipping label and never received it, the company failed.

I waited a YEAR! Only to be disappointed... Then I went on here and witnessed this dumpster fire of a thread...

We the customers INVESTED with your company, in good faith, that an American company has our backs. Your acting like we are on here attacking you personally.

Austin, your company FAILED US! Own it, Rectify it, or just become another Huntertown arms... that is not up to me.

Take some initiative, apologize and call it what it is, a DEFECT. Call your distributors and have them do a general assessment to see if there is an issue with what they have in stock, send out a email to notify users- if you are experiencing this "IT'S NOT NORMAL, IT'S A DEFECT" and we will fix it. This should have never came to this. TBAC did a recall on their DEFECTIVE 338 suppressor.

Honestly at this point, if I could send my can and my muzzle devices back for a refund I would. The ATF can just keep $200 of my hard earned money, and I will wait another year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
None of these silencers failed.  They had a minor assembly issue that manifested itself in a clicking sound when shaken.  We serviced the clicking sound because it was a serviceable issue causing customer concern. The cans were never going to fail.

The service process isn't a production process.  It is a fully manual process in which the can is cut and taken apart, various processes happen and it is re-welded, blasted, painted, and reshipped. The nature of the manual repair process isn't going to be able to have the same cosmetic consistency as the original production process.  We have to work with the registered tube.
View Quote
You may make good stuff but good god you need help on customer interaction. Stop digging. Not replying would be better than some of these defensive posts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That was my thought.... but... here is a copy paste of the email, I received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Service
Attachments
Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 3:06 PM
to me

Good Afternoon,
My apologies you are experiencing this issue. You will receive a shipping label by the end of the day today.

Please send your suppressor, muzzle device a copy of your Form 4, as well as the attached Warranty Service authorization form to:

Hearing Protection LLC
Attn. Warranty RMA #436
801 S 12th St
Watertown, WI 53094

Please Reference RMA 436  on the Warranty Service Authorization form as well

Once your suppressor has been received we will inspect the damages, contact you to authorize any service repairs, and get your suppressor back to as quickly as possible.

The suppressor does not need to be sent via your FFL/ SOT and may simply be mailed via your preferred shipping method.

Respectfully,

Griffin Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my complaint with that.

Does the can sound good?: sure for a 5.56 it really does.
Am I happy with the repair?: welding looks rough, I have ran this can HARD after the repair and it has not failed again, but my faith is a little shaken.
Would I buy Griffin again? ...... Probably not, first can failed at 60 rounds, now I have a re-weld (the can NEW was a like a sexy, sleek model that had small curves that flowed, now she has a neck tattoo and a uni-brow).

I work hard for my money, I expect a quality product for my money.

QC really dropped the ball on this (and the 7+ others). CS dropped the ball on the shipping.
View Quote
Post pics of the welds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That was my thought.... but... here is a copy paste ....SNIP
View Quote
Being promised something is different.

My experience with Trijicon was on the phone.  They emailed me an approval slip for repair work to be included in the box and made sure I had their address, and that the determination of whether or not the repair on the brand new ACOG would be covered by them or if I’d have to pay would be made once they inspected it.

If Trijicon has promised me an RMA, I wouldn’t have sent it back on my own
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So, while that baffle is free to move to it's new position the POI doesn't shift? It certainly did until it reached its new location, once there it was fine until shaken.

I think if something has to go back to the manufacture for repair (that was not cause by a negligent user) it has already failed. I think if my can has to be re-welded because of a DEFECT it's already failed.
I think if a customer is promised a shipping label and never received it, the company failed.

I waited a YEAR! Only to be disappointed... Then I went on here and witnessed this dumpster fire of a thread...

We the customers INVESTED with your company, in good faith, that an American company has our backs. Your acting like we are on here attacking you personally.

Austin, your company FAILED US! Own it, Rectify it, or just become another Huntertown arms... that is not up to me.

Take some initiative, apologize and call it what it is, a DEFECT. Call your distributors and have them do a general assessment to see if there is an issue with what they have in stock, send out a email to notify users- if you are experiencing this "IT'S NOT NORMAL, IT'S A DEFECT" and we will fix it. This should have never came to this. TBAC did a recall on their DEFECTIVE 338 suppressor.

Honestly at this point, if I could send my can and my muzzle devices back for a refund I would. The ATF can just keep $200 of my hard earned money, and I will wait another year.
View Quote
@OAK667

There will be no apology. He won’t even admit these things are defective.  Make sure your fellow shooters are aware of this when they are shopping. Best thing you can do, right after you order more silencers from someone else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@OAK667

There will be no apology. He won’t even admit these things are defective.  Make sure your fellow shooters are aware of this when they are shopping. Best thing you can do, right after you order more silencers from someone else.
View Quote
You are dealing with an engineer/company owner who hasn’t gone to charm school or been assimilated by the corporate hive to put feelings above objectivity. To an engineer a product that is defective is different than a product with defects.  Unfortunately outside of quantitative mil$spec circles such distinctions are a tough grading scale to swallow.

This might help you understand the impass in communications:

https://sixsigmastudyguide.com/defects-vs-defectives/

Somebody with better forum-side manners might be lying their ass off about quality issues, but if it feels better, builds confidence, and doesn't attract the shit stirrers there’s no drama.

In my estimation all of the majors have both decent and shit products, and all customer service functions drop the ball on occasion.  In the life cycle of a firm you’ll see naivety, growth to accomplishment, resting on their laurels, and decay to incompetence or irrelevance.  Sometimes individual departments are at different phases.  Because of this different consumers can have totally different experiences.

I’d encourage people to be resilient. I still enjoy my Huntertown Arms merit badges.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#33]
nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Second update on mine:
I've had several range days and 300+ rounds of both 300 BLK supersonic and 5.56 through my can since the repair and have not had any further issues.

I did want to address one comment. It was said in this thread that the problem was detectable after 3 rounds. Like several of the other affected owners, mine was after more than 200. I had the suppressor at the range at least 3-4 different days before the rattle issue manifested.

Also, I really don't know enough about the design to know if this truly is a defect/failure or just an annoyance. However, my instinct is that the sound is due to a loose baffle. They may in fact be contained tightly enough that they are only able to rotate or move in a perfectly linear pattern within the suppressor. However, I would bet that consistency and accuracy are affected due to pressure changes. At worst, the movement seems like it would be a risk of a baffle strike. We've all seen what can happen to suppressors when things go wrong. There is a chance that this is just an "annoyance" but I'm not willing to risk my safety or my equipment for something when even Griffin's own CS said (this is copy and paste): "The baffle stack should not have any movement or noise inside the tube body. This is definitely something we would like to take a look at."

As to it not costing the customer anything - I was told from the beginning by CS to ship it back and *never* offered a shipping label. I shipped the unit back at my expense.

The repair took about 3 weeks. The suppressor is metal, it's welded, and it's coated. I get that there are waiting, cooling, and curing times in between each step but this still seemed a little on the long side.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I got 2,000 character limited on my post. Here is the rest:

I'll address this just like I would a review of the product. The suppressor is fantastic. It's so good it gets a lot of attention at the range. The sound performance is very good, the accuracy, lack of POI shift, and repeatable POI shift are huge draws to it. It's a little long for a 300BO but it's a reasonable trade for the performance. However, due to the sheer number of QC issues that have appeared on this thread I cannot help but have doubts. Putting the hyperbole and trolling in this thread aside there are legitimate questions about the products. I do wish that there was more transparency and communication about the issues and less deflection and defensiveness when there are legitimate customers with real issues. There is no doubt that these issues have been fixed (so far) for most, if not all, of the people in this very long thread...that is true. Some of these, mine included, have come back with cosmetic blemishes. I echo the other poster that this really does not matter to me and was only notable because the original welds and cosmetics were *stunning*.

I am in the market for more suppressors. I will probably go to another manufacturer for them. It is not because my issue wasn't resolved...it is because my confidence in GA's QC has been shaken. I may very well have issues with competitors suppressors, but that is a chance I'll take. Due to the year wait, I just don't want any further wait due to issues with the product. I have a lot of people ask me for advice on their first suppressor and I've told them all my experience. The GA taper mount systems (and most taper mount offerings) are amazing but I've had this problem with mine, so make an educated decision among taper mount products and pick what you like.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I sent my GA Recce 7 back for warranty repair because of the rattle.  What I didn’t say at the time was MINE BEGAN RATTLING AFTER ME DROPPING IT ON MY CONCRETE GARAGE FLOOR.  Yes, I had read this thread prior to my fumble.  Of course I was relieved to know there was an issue with the Recce rattle. GA paid for shipping both ways and repaired my Recce7 to new.  I’m thankful and currently shopping a BW46 from GA.

I hope those shopping for a suppressor aren’t short sighted by looking at this post as a complication to buying a GA suppressor.  I need a second one, and I keep coming back to Griffin.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I sent my GA Recce 7 back for warranty repair because of the rattle.  What I didn’t say at the time was MINE BEGAN RATTLING AFTER ME DROPPING IT ON MY CONCRETE GARAGE FLOOR.  Yes, I had read this thread prior to my fumble.  Of course I was relieved to know there was an issue with the Recce rattle. GA paid for shipping both ways and repaired my Recce7 to new.  I’m thankful and currently shopping a BW46 from GA.

I hope those shopping for a suppressor aren’t short sighted by looking at this post as a complication to buying a GA suppressor.  I need a second one, and I keep coming back to Griffin.
View Quote
Well at least you were taken care of....

I won't spend a dime on anything Griffin Armament EVER AGAIN.

I just purchased a wrap to cover up the Griffin name....
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well at least you were taken care of....

I won't spend a dime on anything Griffin Armament EVER AGAIN.

I just purchased a wrap to cover up the Griffin name....
View Quote
Your increase in virtual rage on just this page alone is interesting to see. Is there something behind the scenes we don't know about or are you really able to go from satisfied to the opposite over one page in a thread?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#39]
My Recce 5 is up there for repair.  Brand new, no rattle.  Checked after 80 rounds, it became the shake weight.  Emailed them, had a reply in a few hours, and UPS sent me a shipping label that night.  Now the wait begins.  I have no doubt they’ll fix it.

My impression is that the baffle stack comes loose inside the tube.  If I take a wooden dowel and put pressure on either the first or last baffle, and then shake, the noise doesn’t happen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#40]
After reading through this thread a while back, those of you with the rattle should be thankful that GA has such great customer service and is fixing it at their cost. There are a lot of companies out there that would tell you to kick rocks because there's nothing wrong with your silencer. Just a cosmetic issue that isn't covered by warranty.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After reading through this thread a while back, those of you with the rattle should be thankful that GA has such great customer service and is fixing it at their cost. There are a lot of companies out there that would tell you to kick rocks because there's nothing wrong with your silencer. Just a cosmetic issue that isn't covered by warranty.
View Quote
Can’t tell if serious...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your increase in virtual rage on just this page alone is interesting to see. Is there something behind the scenes we don't know about or are you really able to go from satisfied to the opposite over one page in a thread?
View Quote
It's not virtual it's very real...

When the Owner of the company states that "They had a minor assembly issue that manifested itself in a clicking sound when shaken.  We serviced the clicking sound because it was a serviceable issue causing customer concern." For a self proclaimed "sniper/engineer" he is some how oblivious to the fact that when a baffle comes loose in a suppressor the POI becomes abysmal. He is making it sound like "these petty ass customers where whining about some minor clicking sound".

He also stated "The cans were never going to fail."  They should have never passed QC. They failed the minute they were placed in the box and sent out.

The definition of "DEFECTIVE" is: 1a: having a defect or flaw : imperfect in form, structure, or function.

How many DEFECTIVE suppressors has been listed on this thread alone?

I just want a "Hey guys, we fucked up, let us make it right." But we are past that point....

So I won't recommend GA, when someone asks: What should I buy? My response will be "Anything but GA".

I already ordered a Surefire RC2, and I will order the new SIG SLX556 when it becomes available. The Recce will either float to the back of the safe or I will send it out in style afterwards sending a certificate of destruction to the NFA branch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When the Owner of the company states that "They had a minor assembly issue that manifested itself in a clicking sound when shaken.  We serviced the clicking sound because it was a serviceable issue causing customer concern." For a self proclaimed "sniper/engineer" he is some how oblivious to the fact that when a baffle comes loose in a suppressor the POI becomes abysmal. He is making it sound like "these petty ass customers where whining about some minor clicking sound".

He also stated "The cans were never going to fail."  They should have never passed QC. They failed the minute they were placed in the box and sent out.

The definition of "DEFECTIVE" is: 1a: having a defect or flaw : imperfect in form, structure, or function.

I just want a "Hey guys, we fucked up, let us make it right." But we are past that point....

So I won't recommend GA, when someone asks: What should I buy? My response will be "Anything but GA".

I already ordered a Surefire RC2, and I will order the new SIG SLX556 when it becomes available. The Recce will either float to the back of the safe or I will send it out in style afterwards sending a certificate of destruction to the NFA branch.
View Quote
Griffen does not have the best customer service, but they certainly are better than average. They also make some of the best products in the industry. Moving to sig will get you the worst customer service in the industry and a product that is likely inferior.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you were in S.C. I’d take it off your hands for cheap instead of destroying it

ETA obviously going through the F4 process...don’t want it to sound like something illegal
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s the crux of the matter for many apparently, even stated by trolls that don’t own the brand, or specific products, but always are tolerated in GA threads.

There do seem to be some double standards.  There’s another company posting in the forum that has had defects among a variety of products as well as not being able to make deliveries, but they are contrite and apologetic in their posting, so they get a pass.  There’s another brand that’s been copying designs and their fabrication and availability is also total garbage, and they apparently are even threatened by the existence of Form  1 builders, so they deliberately insult every niche of user.  But that gets a pass by most consumers as well.

Choose wisely, suppressors are the Chinese finger trap of the NFA world.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That’s the crux of the matter for many apparently, even stated by trolls that don’t own the brand, or specific products, but always are tolerated in GA threads.

There do seem to be some double standards.  There’s another company posting in the forum that has had defects among a variety of products as well as not being able to make deliveries, but they are contrite and apologetic in their posting, so they get a pass.  There’s another brand that’s been copying designs and their fabrication and availability is also total garbage, and they apparently are even threatened by the existence of Form  1 builders, so they deliberately insult every niche of user.  But that gets a pass by most consumers as well.

Choose wisely, suppressors are the Chinese finger trap of the NFA world.
View Quote
Everybody screws up at some point or another. How it's handled and attitude though is often what separates the who I buy from and who I don't (taking actual product quality out of the equation). Let's just say we have a wide spectrum of manufacturer representation here in the silencer subforum and some could still learn a thing or two about business 101.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s gotta be sarcasm
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That’s gotta be sarcasm
View Quote
It's not. I understand people get emotional about these things. You spend $1000 of your hard earned money, and you wait a year, and all of a sudden you see a thread where a bunch of people are complaining about their suppressor rattling like a can of spray paint. Then you notice yours is doing the same thing after you shoot it.

Then you have to wait another 3-4 weeks for them to fix it, and those 3-4 weeks feel like forever because you're excited for your new suppressor and also pissed off.

But they are fixing them and 3-4 weeks is a very reasonable time frame. They are doing this at their cost which is probably significant, if they are doing a complete recore with welds and finish. And they are paying for shipping.. except in the case of 1 customer who for some reason couldn't get a prepaid label.

I just don't get what people want. Obviously neither the company nor the end user wanted the product to have loose baffles and rattle. It's not difficult to imagine something like this slipping through QC considering many of the cans had to first be shot in order to produce the problem.

My point was simply that there are many companies out there who would tell you the rattle doesn't affect the function of the suppressor and you would have a hard time proving otherwise to get them to fix it.  Yes it probably affects POI shift, but did anyone actually prove this?  Other companies wouldn't even care and WOULD blame the POI shift on the end user, the shoulder of the barrel, or the mount etc

tl;dr / GA immediately owned the problem, fixed entirely it at their cost, in a reasonable time frame, and apologized that customers were having this issue. People don't think this enough and want the company to beg for forgiveness or do a full recall etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
What exactly are you looking for?  A weepy eyed apology with promises of a free can for everyone?  I get that some of their statements on the issue, as read in plain text can seem a bit dismissive or minimizing an issue, but like it or not, it is a tacit admission that there was an assembly issue with the can, that shouldn’t have been there.  In any event, no matter how one feels about the sincerity of the statement, the important thing for most people is getting them fixed, and it’s been proven that they are being fixed.  And they are being fixed at GA’s expense, with as little disruption to the people affected as can be reasonably expected (they can’t just give you a “loaner” can while yours is getting fixed).  As far as the one person not getting a shipping label, my question is whether he asked for one?  In my experiences, they said they’d send me a prepaid shipping label.  I got mine, but if I didn’t, I would have contacted them the next day asking where my label was.  Was that done in this case?

Seems like they did admit they fucked up and are making it right.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top