BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I don't really get where they were going with this from a consumer standpoint.

If you equip the Nomad with a Keymo mount, it becomes heavier and longer than a Sandman-S, with less durability... but maybe quieter (?)

It apparently costs about $20 less than an Omega, but the Omega comes with an ASR mount and the Nomad doesn't. If you compare the cans in DT mode, the Omega (with flat cap) is shorter, lighter and has apparently very little, if any, discernible audible difference. You can put an ASR mount on the Nomad, but there again, the Nomad will be longer, heavier, offer similar durability and sound the same as the same-configuration Omega... only it will cost you an extra $200 for the mount.

If comparing to something comparable from Q, then the Nomad comes in a fraction of an inch shorter, but ounces heavier if compared in DT configuration to the Half Nelson, or with a Plan B mount compared to a Trash Panda. And the Nomad doesn't have the indestructibility the Sandman line offers, but is probably a bit more durable than an all titanium can? Not sure how the dB numbers would compare.

As a consumer, if I'm looking at Q and DA, I can choose a longer, heavier, indestructible can or a lighter, shorter, less durable can. With the Nomad, now I can have a barely shorter, heavier, slightly more durable can? Why split the difference? Q is more expensive though, so there's that. And if I wanted to split the difference, there's already the Omega, which allows me to do so shorter, lighter, and for $200 cheaper in QD configuration.
View Quote
Some people are going to want to stay with one manufacturer.

If this new can with a QD mount is a similar weight to the Sandman S but trades a bit of durability for performance *and* comes in at a 700-something street price, then that sounds very reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is sharp, especially in the direct thread flavor. DA does a good job on the aesthetics too IMO.

I guess in keeping the weight and length minimal you could utilize Q's Plan B and Cherry Bomb muzzle device right?
View Quote
If that's a question for me, then yeah, that's a good option for a QD mount system and still keep it lightweight. For starters, I'll use the vox in DT for my bolt guns from the bench and utilize the ASR module along with an adapter from DM for my griffin taper mounts. I think the vox with an ASR module is still under 15oz. I believe 14.6oz to be exact if my memory serves me well
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Any information on when the e brake will be coming out?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If this new can with a QD mount is a similar weight to the Sandman S but trades a bit of durability for performance *and* comes in at a 700-something street price, then that sounds very reasonable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I don't really get where they were going with this from a consumer standpoint.

If you equip the Nomad with a Keymo mount, it becomes heavier and longer than a Sandman-S, with less durability... but maybe quieter (?)

It apparently costs about $20 less than an Omega, but the Omega comes with an ASR mount and the Nomad doesn't. If you compare the cans in DT mode, the Omega (with flat cap) is shorter, lighter and has apparently very little, if any, discernible audible difference. You can put an ASR mount on the Nomad, but there again, the Nomad will be longer, heavier, offer similar durability and sound the same as the same-configuration Omega... only it will cost you an extra $200 for the mount.

If comparing to something comparable from Q, then the Nomad comes in a fraction of an inch shorter, but ounces heavier if compared in DT configuration to the Half Nelson, or with a Plan B mount compared to a Trash Panda. And the Nomad doesn't have the indestructibility the Sandman line offers, but is probably a bit more durable than an all titanium can? Not sure how the dB numbers would compare.

As a consumer, if I'm looking at Q and DA, I can choose a longer, heavier, indestructible can or a lighter, shorter, less durable can. With the Nomad, now I can have a barely shorter, heavier, slightly more durable can? Why split the difference? Q is more expensive though, so there's that. And if I wanted to split the difference, there's already the Omega, which allows me to do so shorter, lighter, and for $200 cheaper in QD configuration.

With a QD mount, the Nomad is an ounce heavier than the Sandman S and, with the keymo QD mount, is going to cost $994. The numbers on thefirearmblog's article do indicate that it does meter a few dB better than the sandman S.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Another competitor to the Omega, I presume.  Not my thing, but I guess that's where the market demand is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a real shame there's no way to like, upgrade a silencer I currently have to a new one. I'm all for silencing all the things, but really don't need more 30 cal cans any time soon.

I mean, obviously I could sell old and buy new but it's usually not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another competitor to the Omega, I presume.  Not my thing, but I guess that's where the market demand is.
View Quote
Well, since I already happily own an Omega, the Nomad or the VOX are both strong contenders if I wanted a second Omega-30-niche can.  A benefit to both competitors is that there is no titanium outer tube to worry about coming loose (hasn't been a problem) and the serial numbers on both are back in an area where a rebuild if needed should always be feasible.  If Silencerco made a bigger Omega 9k for rifles, it might look like a VOX or Nomad.  So SiCo's competitors beat them to this configuration.  The Nomad also looks like a solid competitor to the YHM Resonator.

It's getting harder to pick a bad suppressor, and harder to pick the 'ultimate' suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been looking to get a 30 caliber can. I was pretty much sold on the Vox with a plan B for a mount. Now the Nomad looks awesome too.

Tough decisions. Looks like the Vox would be lighter, but the Nomad has more internal volume and may have less back pressure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a feeling this thing is going to sound amazing. I don't think they would have put it out in competition with the others mentioned here if that weren't the case.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]
https://www.full30.com/video/a580bd42734f968b7d1cd18fc917b559
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude.  Analysis paralysis.

Just to help clarify, this baffle stack is very different from the competitors in that it's a higher performance design--sound and structurally.  It's quieter than the Q options while being massively tougher on the AR platform.  I just feel titanium and semi 556 are just bad juju.  I measured a 1.6 oz. weight difference between the two.  Totally worth it.  And it's .4" shorter.

Weight-wise, this pretty much exactly matches the Omega with flat cap and direct thread mount.  You're looking at about .30" in  length difference.  But I reeeaalllly wanted that hex mount on the back so people could use a wrench to snug it onto barrel.  If I ever have an option to provide a tool feature, then I'm doing it .  The primary difference is in structural integrity.  The Omega has a tendency to lose its lunch (and its tube), so to speak.  I'm not trying to disparage another product, that's just the history.  I can't really comment on the pricing differences, but comparing OEM pricing against street price just doesn't make it look not right.

ETA:  I removed a reference to Q stating that their cans were meant for light semi or bolt action use.  I misunderstood some statements in their podcast.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, the end caps are the same. Which would mean I could use the “E Brake” on my S and K?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So, the end caps are the same. Which would mean I could use the “E Brake” on my S and K?
Yep.  The larger diameter of the E-Brake on the Sandman is awesome for almost matching the diameter of a thermal cover.  It helps hold it in place so it doesn't inch forward and get shredded.

Quoted:
Why do the ebrake numbers meter lower in the specs?
It acts like a brake, while also diffusing some gases.  The meter picks it up.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was very tempted to get a Vox a d put the Plan B in it, but this has my attention. It may not be as lightweight as I was hoping, but it also has a bigger diameter. I am real curious to see how this sounds on a 5.56.

Does anyone know the weight of the can without the direct thread insert?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was very tempted to get a Vox a d put the Plan B in it, but this has my attention. It may not be as lightweight as I was hoping, but it also has a bigger diameter. I am real curious to see how this sounds on a 5.56.

It weighs 12.4 oz.  I made the direct thread mounts and front cap inserts out of Ti so I could put more mass into the structure inside the stack.

Quoted:
I have been looking to get a 30 caliber can. I was pretty much sold on the Vox with a plan B for a mount. Now the Nomad looks awesome too.

Tough decisions. Looks like the Vox would be lighter, but the Nomad has more internal volume and may have less back pressure.
The Vox meters 1 dB quieter on average over the Sandman-S at the muzzle.  The Nomad is a few dB quieter than the -S, if that puts things into perspective.  In 300BLK, the Nomad meters about 4 dB quieter on average over the Trash Panda.  FRP is up to 7-8 dB quieter.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any information on when the e brake will be coming out?
View Quote
Production parts are complete and in queue for coating.   I'd give it 2 weeks.  Damn.  Did I just curse it?

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:00:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just to help clarify, this baffle stack is very different from the competitors in that it's a higher performance design--sound and structurally.  It's significantly quieter than the Q options while being massively tougher on the AR platform.  Q even  says that their offerings are meant for light-semi and bolt action.  Titanium and semi 556 are just bad juju.  I measured a 1.6 oz. weight difference between the two.  Totally worth it.  And it's .4" shorter.

Weight-wise, this pretty much exactly matches the Omega with flat cap and direct thread mount.  You're looking at about .30" in  length difference.  But I reeeaalllly wanted that hex mount on the back so people could use a wrench to snug it onto barrel.  If I ever have an option to provide a tool feature, then I'm doing it .  The primary difference is in structural integrity.  The Omega has a tendency to lose its lunch (and its tube), so to speak.  I'm not trying to disparage another product, that's just the history.  I can't really comment on the pricing differences, but comparing OEM pricing against street price just doesn't make it look not right.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
I was comparing street pricing to street pricing. Both prices from Hansohn bros. Omega $765, Nomad $745.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was comparing street pricing to street pricing. Both prices from Hansohn bros. Omega $765, Nomad $745.
View Quote
Cool.  There's a lot of cheap Silencerco stuff out there.  Businesses are trying to get out from under inventory and that's hard to compete with.  On top of that Hanson Bros kill it on pricing .
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It weighs 12.4 oz.  I made the direct thread mounts and front cap inserts out of Ti so I could put more mass into the structure inside the stack.

The Vox meters 1 dB quieter on average over the Sandman-S at the muzzle.  The Nomad is a few dB quieter than the -S, if that puts things into perspective.  In 300BLK, the Nomad meters about 4 dB quieter on average over the Trash Panda.  FRP is up to 7-8 dB quieter.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
Thank you very much for the response!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just to help clarify, this baffle stack is very different from the competitors in that it's a higher performance design--sound and structurally.  It's significantly quieter than the Q options while being massively tougher on the AR platform.  Q even  says that their offerings are meant for light-semi and bolt action.  Titanium and semi 556 are just bad juju.  I measured a 1.6 oz. weight difference between the two.  Totally worth it.  And it's .4" shorter.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
@Mageever

Come on Todd. Do you not know us by now?

I'm tracking your response and like what y'all did here. Let me ask you this, what do you see being the factor(s) to steer a buyer towards the Sandman S vs the Nomad at this point? I'm a happy Sandman S owner but at this point I would've been all over the Nomad instead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Are there db numbers for at the ear?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd give it 2 weeks.  Damn.  Did I just curse it?

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
Yeah.  Ya did.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
That dude's interviewing style leaves much to be desired.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I bailed when the 40oz came out.  I'll skim it later.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll second the aesthetics and the fine looking welds.  Any plans for a video of a det cord HELT (High Explosive Life Test)?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a feeling this thing is going to sound amazing. I don't think they would have put it out in competition with the others mentioned here if that weren't the case.
View Quote
It does
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are there db numbers for at the ear?
View Quote
This is a hot topic for me.  I've done LOADS of at-ear testing, and the best I can answer this is "it depends".  The Nomad falls on average really close to a Sandman-S, with it usually running 1dB on average higher.  Just like the Sandman, if you have a normal AR with light buffer, no adjustable gas block or carrier, you'll run in the 142-145 dB range--which is just too loud.  Really high backpressure cans like the original Saker 556 or bolt action specific cans like the direct-thread AAC Cyclone will push it up to 146-150 dB.  I've never been able to get these to come down below 140 dB.  The Sandman and Nomad are low enough you can easily dial your rifle in.

Long story short, if you have a good adjustable DI system (block or carrier), or a long-stroke piston like PWS uses, then you can set up a rifle with a Sandman or Nomad to sound incredible.  I use a either a Vltor A5 or a JP silent capture with heavy buffer.  On top of that I'll use a Bootleg/Gemtech adjustable carrier or a Superlative Arms gas block.  I use one or some combination on all my ARs.

For 5.56, I'm typically getting 137-139 dB at-ear and it's not brutal at all.  People that are use to normal suppressed ARs are blown away when they shoot them.  The A5 buffer system on my 300BLK rifle totally took the bite out of it.  I didn't like 300BLK for a long time because of that.  It just always left me disappointed after all the hype because it turns out it was running 140+ at-ear.  After the A5 buffer change, I'm now running low 130's.  It sounds fantastic.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Mageever

Come on Todd. Do you not know us by now?

I'm tracking your response and like what y'all did here. Let me ask you this, what do you see being the factor(s) to steer a buyer towards the Sandman S vs the Nomad at this point? I'm a happy Sandman S owner but at this point I would've been all over the Nomad instead.
View Quote
Good question.  The Sandman series is still end-of-world tough.  The baffles will never erode out on you--even if you own a machine gun.  If you shoot a very aggressive firing schedule, and you keep the can on a dedicated rifle and don't care to ever change out mounts to something like a direct thread 300BLK rifle, then the Sandman-S will bring you a lot of joy.

The Nomad travels between hosts sooooo well.  It's incredible for its size on a 300 WinMag bolt action, and still works great on 300BLK shooting subs.  The baffle design really likes the higher pressures.  Its efficiency goes up as the pressure goes up.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Alpha-Nerd
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We need shorter attachment methods for the Sandman, I’d give a lot of money for an A2 flash hider adaptor.
View Quote
I can't see how an A2 mount would be any shorter than keymo
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:09:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
17-4 is a heck of a lot more than "a bit" more durable than titanium
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here but with a Griffin adapter. Honestly the only thing holding me back from the Vox is I wish it were a 1.75" can
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn. Definitely not what I was thinking, and I love Dead Air.

Was hoping for a K/S configurable length
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Damn. Definitely not what I was thinking, and I love Dead Air.

Was hoping for a K/S configurable length
View Quote
Same... with a modular mount. No one has done it yet? IMO something like a Micro 30 with a modular mount would be the perfect can.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Same here but with a Griffin adapter. Honestly the only thing holding me back from the Vox is I wish it were a 1.75" can
View Quote
The VOX is a deal in its current size/weight/cost point.  Hogging out a 1.75" tube from rod stock adds significantly to both material and machining cost. Wall thickness also needs to increase with diameter to maintain hoop strength.  The larger diameter designs are actually very favorable to a Form 1 build in titanium, as long as the design isn't for a high thermal load. Full auto 300BO subs aren't an issue and large diameter cans do well there. Once you get to .308 the bigger diameter doesn't buy much for SPL at the muzzle but does help with back pressure.  Another benefit to a Form 1 'fatty' is you can bore it out to handle 9mm and it will still do well on .30 cal rifle if the length isn't too short.  Manufacturers are loath to sell a one size fits all for lots of reasons.

Griffin has been building all 17-4 centerfire cans for some time. It will always be a cheaper raw material than C300 so there is no reason Energetics couldn't do a fatty VOX Mod2 in 17-4 or a modular can with a titanium front section that threads to the existing VOX.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is a hot topic for me.  I've done LOADS of at-ear testing, and the best I can answer this is "it depends".  The Nomad falls on average really close to a Sandman-S, with it usually running 1dB on average higher.  Just like the Sandman, if you have a normal AR with light buffer, no adjustable gas block or carrier, you'll run in the 142-145 dB range--which is just too loud.  Really high backpressure cans like the original Saker 556 or bolt action specific cans like the direct-thread AAC Cyclone will push it up to 146-150 dB.  I've never been able to get these to come down below 140 dB.  The Sandman and Nomad are low enough you can easily dial your rifle in.

Long story short, if you have a good adjustable DI system (block or carrier), or a long-stroke piston like PWS uses, then you can set up a rifle with a Sandman or Nomad to sound incredible.  I use a either a Vltor A5 or a JP silent capture with heavy buffer.  On top of that I'll use a Bootleg/Gemtech adjustable carrier or a Superlative Arms gas block.  I use one or some combination on all my ARs.

For 5.56, I'm typically getting 137-139 dB at-ear and it's not brutal at all.  People that are use to normal suppressed ARs are blown away when they shoot them.  The A5 buffer system on my 300BLK rifle totally took the bite out of it.  I didn't like 300BLK for a long time because of that.  It just always left me disappointed after all the hype because it turns out it was running 140+ at-ear.  After the A5 buffer change, I'm now running low 130's.  It sounds fantastic.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
Thanks for being honest and open about it--it's refreshing to see a manufacturer willing to talk about it even if it doesn't make great marketing material.

I'd like to hear more about the concept of a design being more effective as pressure increases--I have been wondering if that's a phenomenon that shows up when looking at 300 sub performance in .308 designs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link?

Quoted:
And I completely forgot about the new VOX can. Sheesh.

With both in DT or keymo configurations, the Nomad is heavier by a couple oz and longer by about half an inch than the VOX, and the vox sounds good and is significantly more durable. And it costs more than $100 less than the Nomad in DT configuration (on hansohn's site).

And Q doesn't have any barrel length restrictions either, but that doesn't mean they will survive extreme use (as seen on a recent video by kit badger).

If neither can has minimum barrel length restrictions, and the nomad is actually as durable as the Sandman line, then why would someone get a Nomad when a Sandman is lighter, shorter, cheaper and just as durable (in keymo config)? The only scenario I can think of is if someone wanted a DT Sandman S.... and didn't want to spend less on an omega or vox.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll second the aesthetics and the fine looking welds.  Any plans for a video of a det cord HELT (High Explosive Life Test)?
View Quote
HESS (High Explosive Stress Screen) ... And yes, I am in! As if I ever need a reason to head out to the explosives range and blow stuff up. I would say let's wait till later next year once we, and DA, catch up on production. I'll be honest; I don't have extra Voxs to be blowing up right now and I suspect the same for the Nomad.

Awesome looking silencer, btw. Todd is a great guy, brilliant engineer and I am sure this silencer will be just as awesome as everything else he has designed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered one from silencershop today. I am planning to use it both on my 10.3 5.56 and my prairie dog AR with a long .936 barrel. I like the weight, and plan to try and make it as light as possible by either using the Plan B cherry bomb system or going with the Diversified machine griffin mount.

The large diameter, with the hopefully low back pressure along with the Dead Air name and customer support sold me. I am excited. Now just to wait for several months.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote
I saw this video. It was a baffle strike. That has nothing to do with durability.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

HESS (High Explosive Stress Screen) ... And yes, I am in! As if I ever need a reason to head out to the explosives range and blow stuff up. I would say let's wait till later next year once we, and DA, catch up on production. I'll be honest; I don't have extra Voxs to be blowing up right now and I suspect the same for the Nomad.

Awesome looking silencer, btw. Todd is a great guy, brilliant engineer and I am sure this silencer will be just as awesome as everything else he has designed.
View Quote
Thanks Karl!  That would be awesome!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#41]
@Mageever

1.) Thanks for being one of the few manufacturers that is honest about their products!  Huge respect, Nomad is probably my next can.

2.) What is the total length added past the muzzle (actual end of rifling/barrel, not end of muzzle device) for the Nomad+Keymo vs. the SandmanS+Keymo?

3.) What are the weight totals for for the Nomad+Keymo+7.62 Brake mount vs. the SandmanS+Keymo+7.62 Brake mount?

4.) You said you've done a lot of at the ear testing with a variety of suppressor.  Is there anything that outperforms the Nomad to the shooter's ear on 5.56 by more than 1-2db (and isn't 9in long)?

5.) I run all my AR15s and AR10s like you do with an A5 (or similar) and an adjustable gas block.  I 100% agree, it really cuts the noise to the shooter considerably.  Any idea what the Nomad might ~ meter to the shooter's ear on an AR10 (16in rifle gas) using a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block and rifle buffer setup?  How would that compare to the Omega and/or Q/Sig?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I  saw and was interested in this as my first can until I saw that the key mo adapter is additional $249 and then I'd need a muzzle device(duh)...I'm wanting a can for my AR's and AK's.....
I think I want or need surefire..
Still researching....
At least surefire has dedicated m14x1LH muzzle devices...(dead air does also)
Honestly considering selling a 7.62 AK.

Kinda bummed on spending that much money and waiting that long....
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I  saw and was interested in this as my first can until I saw that the key mo adapter is additional $249 and then I'd need a muzzle device(duh)...I'm wanting a can for my AR's and AK's.....
Still researching....

View Quote
Don’t be a baby. Under a grand and under a year. 14mm LH

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Still researching....

View Quote
Maybe NFA isn’t for you then. It’s not a cheap hobby and the wait is part of it. Embrace it. Keep buying stuff. Then it’s always Christmas.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#45]
What effect would the E-Brake have on a Sandman-S?  Would it impact or increase the back pressure at all?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Still researching....

View Quote
If you have the option of picking a dealer that also has a onsite range its nice to be able to use what you've paid for while waiting on the paperwork to comeback. Makes the wait a little less painful.

This new Nomad will be a way better investment compared to anything Surefire has to offer.  Sorry but I'm not a fan of anything they've ever offered honestly.  Just as good of gear elsewhere and usually cheaper too.  But if your a fan of Surefire's products by all means consider their wares if you wish.  I think most will agree with me though it's better to look elsewhere especially with the suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Don’t be a baby. Under a grand and under a year. 14mm LH

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184182/16EE7463-6D86-4549-A595-92F069E96CEE_jpeg-704917.JPG
View Quote
Every time you post a picture of this rifle I get uber jealous lol.  I'd love to have something similar myself.  Maybe down the road this new Nomad and a braced Draco will wind up in my safe.  Or at least the Draco so I can use the Sandman K I already have.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you have the option of picking a dealer that also has a onsite range its nice to be able to use what you've paid for while waiting on the paperwork to comeback. Makes the wait a little less painful.

This new Nomad will be a way better investment compared to anything Surefire has to offer.  Sorry but I'm not a fan of anything they've ever offered honestly.  Just as good of gear elsewhere and usually cheaper too.  But if your a fan of Surefire's products by all means consider their wares if you wish.  I think most will agree with me though it's better to look elsewhere especially with the suppressors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still researching....

I have a surefire can and agree. If I'm buying today it wouldn't be a surefire.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some numbers for you guys to play with.

Nomad with 5/8x24 direct thread adapter: 14.2 oz.
Nomad with KeyMo: 17.5 oz.
5/8x24 direct thread adapter: 1.4 oz.
KeyMo only: 4.7 oz.
1/2x28 brake: 4.3 oz.
5/8x24 brake: 3.6 oz.
1/2x28 flash hider: 4.0 oz.
5/8x24 flash hider: 3.6 oz.

Nomad with KeyMo OAL: 7-9/16"
View Quote
Thanks for the numbers. I'd be very tempted to run the Nomad with a Plan B setup from Q.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top